April 28, 2024, 02:13:44 PM

Author Topic: Trinis in Action (August 12, 2006)  (Read 7857 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinis in Action (August 12, 2006)
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2006, 04:52:58 PM »
shakes scored the opening goal for swindon. last time i checked they were leading 2-0
Dat goal was an own goal and de final score was 1-0.

Tallman that list real jumble up with the new additions.  How about making 2 sections, putting the foreign-based on top and local-based below? 
Done.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latas playing whole 90 min and controlling...
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2006, 05:29:10 PM »
FF could not say it any better. Until Latas retire we go have to hear about his ltd use in the WC
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2006, 05:38:58 PM »
i must say the new orginization looks great (though I must admit I thought peong was complaining ynjustyly at first)  :applause: :applause:

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2006, 05:47:44 PM »
FF could not say it any better. Until Latas retire we go have to hear about his ltd use in the WC
Yep so get used to it......! Is only one latas and he aint deserve 20 mins

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2006, 06:03:20 PM »
Ngozi

It is why we are 3rd World. We lack maturity. Nobody eh say that there is more than one Latas. There was only one Pele but Brazil has produced other great players. We get on like we will never produce another great player.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2006, 06:18:03 PM »
i must say the new orginization looks great (though I must admit I thought peong was complaining ynjustyly at first)  :applause: :applause:

same here

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2006, 06:41:23 PM »
There is only one Latapy!!
and his lack of playing time will be talked about FOREVER!!

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2006, 07:48:37 PM »
Like nobody notice Sealy score? Anyways well done Scott :beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2006, 08:03:18 PM »
Like nobody notice Sealy score? Anyways well done Scott :beermug:
Doh forget de penalties saved by Clayton Ince and Kelvin Jack. In Jack's case, if he didn't save it, it woulda be 5 in he pweffen. Ince's save resulted in a clean sheet.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2006, 08:47:50 PM »
Caledonia AIA 1 (Conrad Smith 59) v Defence Force 2 (Akudu Goodridge 45, Ronald St Louis 55).

Starworld Strikers 0 v San Juan Jabloteh 1 (Kerry Baptiste 81-pen).

Tobago United 0 v Superstar Rangers 3 (Default Win).

W Connection 7 (Matthew Bartholomew 12, 27, 64, William Oliveira 20, George Issac 32, Heghton Hector 79, Earl Jean 84) v United Petrotrin 0.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2006, 09:03:15 PM »

And even after that !!! Some say we should move on but not until we get the message across to everyone ...Beenhakker was crazy to commit an exceptional player to the ranks of corbeau sweat. I will never be able to look in the mirror if I let that pass .....- not after so many years of failure not after this man unretired to get us there ...not after, not after ....

And you dont have to be a coach to see that, just roll back the tape to Latapy´s entrance on this same team prior to qualification.....then play the last 24 minutes of T&T´s campaign !!!!
I eh no waggonist i following national football for more than 30 years in a serious way....that may be longer than some of the forumites have lived...I think I deserve my opinion...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2006, 10:33:01 PM »
Caledonia AIA 1 (Conrad Smith 59) v Defence Force 2 (Akudu Goodridge 45, Ronald St Louis 55).

W Connection 7 (Matthew Bartholomew 12, 27, 64, William Oliveira 20, George Issac 32, Heghton Hector 79, Earl Jean 84) v United Petrotrin 0.

buh wuh de ass... dey forget to board de plane awa?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2006, 11:41:06 PM »
I following football for 23 yrs and I will not be sayin in the next 23 yrs we qualified for our 1st WC in 2006 and the best player got a cobeau sweat.

I would rather say I was at the WC in 2006 when we qualified for the first time. It was an amazing feeling. The only regret is that Russell Latapy did not play more.

I cyah kill the man who took a side with 1 pt after 3 games and make me neva feel more proud to be Trin when I sang half the anthem on June 10th 2006. The birthday of 2 of my dearest friends. I will always remember the 2006 WC for the great experience not that Latas got a cobeau sweat.   

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2006, 12:41:14 AM »
Ah ha ah waiting for somebody to come and say something so....

Here is a different perspective... yes Latas is boss but he ent no spring chicken again

Now lewee end dis Latas World Cup speculation and move forward!!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=198898&cc=3888

Selected Latapy quotes:

"In the 10th minute Falkirk's veteran playmaker Russell Latapy set up Pedro Moutinho outside the Hearts penalty area and while the striker's low drive failed to trouble Jambos keeper Craig Gordon, it sparked off a spell of pressure on the Scotland keeper's goal which caused some agitation among the home fans.
Gradually the Edinburgh side began to compress the game into Falkirk's half of the park, but with the talismanic Latapy in confident mood, Falkirk always posed a threat going forward."

"The sense of nervousness among the Gorgie faithful increased as the game progressed towards the 90th minute and although Hearts pounded the Falkirk penalty area at times, the opening goal refused to come.
The visitors, to their credit, tried to push forward and grab a goal, but Latapy was now down to walking pace which consequently hampered the Bairns' creativity.
There was no let-up in the tempo and the home side forced several corners in the dying moments - and Bednar sent a volley just over - but the Bairns held out for a deserved point. "

thats still pretty fit for me... is cold up dey... and it was late in the game...

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2006, 12:55:51 AM »
Ngozi

It is why we are 3rd World. We lack maturity. Nobody eh say that there is more than one Latas. There was only one Pele but Brazil has produced other great players. We get on like we will never produce another great player.

I think I had to reply to the  3rd world crack because I felt offended. Now here are some facts one must consider.  We played three games lost two and drew one scored no goals and conceded 4 goals in three games...unflattering statistics to say the least but the pride i feel comes from the fact that despite those stats people didnt see us as a walkover in fact they were encouraged by our performance and a degree of respect was attained quite a difficult thing to achieve with stats of that nature. The truth and fact is trinidad has produced only a very few world class players and in this generation latas and yorke count as tw of those main ones....we've produced players with the potential to be world class  many in fact but most have fallen short...the only proof of it is the respect with which these two players  are held. Stern john despite his formidable goalscoring record is not world class..a talented striker but not world class...we've produced good players but only two great players in this generation and latapy is the last of a dying breed of midfield maestros..ambassadors for us in the world game......who have not been turned in to machine like  midfielders who can run defend and attack at a constant yet methodical and uninspiring manner. Few players in the world can unlock a defence with a pass that no one else can see AND WE HAD THE PRIVELEGE OF SEEING THIS MAN PLAY FOR US for 20 years....we finally made the world cup after countless attempts we made the world cup in the 21st century..and our conoisseur was given 20 f**king minutes........now I tell you something is wrong with that wether you want to believe it or not...I'm not taking away from beenhakker what he achieved was phenomenol in leo we believe but no man is an island and on certain choices he made no man is above reproach...beenhakker has no idea what this man means to us he cant he's not a trini and he hasnt been suffering like us to get to see this team make a world cup finally.....you have to understand this is an opinionated stance there is no correct answer just differing opinions accept that we have ours and we'll accept that you have yours.....Brazil produces great players like a factory trinidad doesnt........so we have to value our latapys because we dont know how long it  will take us to produce another or wether or not we'll make it back to the world cup before the 31st century.....point to note respect your fellow trinis enough to appreciate that we can formulate our opinions as well over and above these so called civilised  countries currently sending each other to kill each other in the middle east that third world line is a cop out and we dont deserve that.   If I seem harsh my apologies but I need to drive my point home with no dressing.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2006, 01:05:02 AM »
It was regretable that Latas was not given time to expose his magic in the big dance.
And yes we have a right to be upset.
But as I said before the coach decide ultra defense and we will really never know what would have happened if Latas was given extensive playing time .... speculation only.

De man right , put Latas in de WC behind and move on as hurtfull as that may be.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2006, 01:32:52 AM »

Please update the first post with this. Avoid having to go through the whole post
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2006, 09:02:10 AM »
Jefferz - The game was played in Tobago, so I guess they never showed up ?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2006, 09:08:19 AM »

Boy...de 'itis dat does set een after yuh nyam dong some a Miss Jean curry crab and dumplin is a killa wee.  Yuh cyah move afta dat.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2006, 09:08:53 AM »
One of the best things that Latapy woulda done if he got decent playing time in the World Cup is prevent this board from beating a dead horse......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2006, 09:35:42 AM »
i just read carlos left due to an injury ???
From Luton's match report:
Four minutes after the restart Edwards, who had been terrorising the Norwich midfield and defence, was involved in a nasty incident involving Adam Drury, leaving Luton's World Cup star with a serious head injury.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2006, 10:12:27 AM »

or until the dead horse riders on this forum get a life  ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2006, 11:36:07 AM »
So yuh trying to prove that he couldnt last for 45 mins self in the world cup because he was down to walking pace in this game in the 90th minute?   What exactly yuh trying to prove meh boy?

Me ent trying to prove nutten Ngozi..... I jus providing ah different perspective... this man trying to use ah report of a game in the Scottish league to show that latas coulda more than play a whole game in de WC
I use a report of the SAME GAME which conflicts with the original poster's inference....

In fact I find Latapy could have been used more.... but lewee move on.... the U-16's playing tomorrow... and I find Anton is a mad man if he ent play Sean "Birchall" DeSilva whole game....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2006, 04:01:45 PM »

well thats even worse...

and Palos... ah tell yuh de last time ah go in dey as ah white trini wit ah heavy digo accent dem people didnt wanna swerve meh ting... ah start tuh rel cuss... stewps...

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2006, 03:11:07 PM »
i just read carlos left due to an injury ???
From Luton's match report:
Four minutes after the restart Edwards, who had been terrorising the Norwich midfield and defence, was involved in a nasty incident involving Adam Drury, leaving Luton's World Cup star with a serious head injury.

Any update on this? I hope it's not too serious.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2006, 06:39:12 PM »
dis the goals from the cutarse Gillingham get from Brantford.

Injury free Jack woulda be saving dem goals. I see him real cuss a man for not defending after he save a penalty too. Sancho....well I don't know where he was:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/md0nl6

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>