June 17, 2024, 11:55:30 AM

Author Topic: give me some feed back  (Read 5185 times)

Offline d1onlysexysugar

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
give me some feed back
« on: August 15, 2006, 11:24:46 AM »
there is one thing that has been botherin me , n i want to know what u think ......

have any of u guys been in a long distance relationship or is it outdated .... what do u have 2 say to some1 in one   ??? ;)
ADM

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: give me some feed back
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 11:44:53 AM »
send me ah pm and we can discuss it over dinner. ;)
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 11:56:58 AM »
to be honest de only reason i dos be in dem kinda relationship is dat if ever am in dat part of de country or world i dont have tuh start from ground zero n up jes tuh get some  ;D but one ting for sure yuh cyah expect me tuh be faithful, jes like wen yuh used tuh go secondary school u wud have ah school gyul and ah home gyul. Natural ting
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 12:01:12 PM »
I livin in de great white north

Yuh want to have a practical test?  :devil:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline d1onlysexysugar

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 12:04:17 PM »
no babe ... a serious relationship which involves your partner abroad for periods .... Study purposes.
ADM

Offline d1onlysexysugar

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 12:05:28 PM »
I livin in de great white north

Yuh want to have a practical test?  :devil:

:angel: :devil: :angel: :devil: :beermug:
ADM

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 12:08:19 PM »
no babe ... a serious relationship which involves your partner abroad for periods .... Study purposes.

*stewps*  Oh ho one ah dem heart string comitted business--well nah I is ah slackness man

However its been my limited experience dat dem ting doh work...the more time that passes, the more difficult that connection can be

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder.....until yuh nex man pass fuh yuh in he new Honda"
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 12:09:07 PM »
salt water duz cause erosion!

daz all i have to say...too much salt water inbetween eh good!
FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 12:18:28 PM »
I say run....run ...run ..run.  It nice in de beginning...very few work.  The odds are against its success.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 12:19:40 PM »
sexy sugar I was in a long distance relationship fuh 4 years

It eh work out but it was the best relationship I ever had.

I not saying it cannot work out though. (sorry fuh de double negative Dutty  ;) )

If you and your partner abroad for study purposes I assume yuh will see each other again in a short (?) timing....so once both of you willing to try it, make sure you communicate often, be honest and open with your issues and see each other whenever possible - those times does be real good and draw you closer together.

Once you do those things, it eh really dat different from a relationship where you see the person everyday. That said, however, it can end the way "normal" relationships could end too.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 12:28:04 PM »
Age brings wisdom. As a young person (minor), it's the best relationship. It gives you that experience vicariously which keeps you out of trouble. Enjoy it for wat its worth, but he would change and so would you. I wish U heaven! :angel:
Live large and prosper!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 12:31:19 PM »
well look how i feeling good i wa sina  long distance relationship and i mairred to de woman now. mean all ah allyuh rest ah ppl eh know dat...cough cough..love ....stronger than cough cough..anythign else.lol
though it didnt have salt bewteen us..jus the candian customs and one set ah lakes
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 12:51:57 PM »

I not saying it cannot work out though. (sorry fuh de double negative Dutty  ;) )

If you and your partner abroad for study purposes I assume yuh will see each other again in a short (?) timing....so once both of you willing to try it, make sure you communicate often, be honest and open with your issues and see each other whenever possible - those times does be real good and draw you closer together.

Once you do those things, it eh really dat different from a relationship where you see the person everyday. That said, however, it can end the way "normal" relationships could end too.

If the definition of "work" means that the two people end up together after the separation period, then yes, sure, it worked.  But if during that separation, there is infidelity, which from my own personal experience and those of a number of friends, there was, then in my opinion, it did not work.  Separation tends to give people an "excuse" to go outside the relationship.  Again from my own experience, these things come back to haunt the relationship.  I say, go your separate ways during that time.  When it's over, and you are both still available and interested in each other, then give it a go.  That way, there is no judgment about what each person did when they were not a couple.  Hind sight is of course 20/20.

P.S.  I agree with your post.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 12:56:08 PM by cocoapanyol »
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 01:25:22 PM »

If the definition of "work" means that the two people end up together after the separation period, then yes, sure, it worked.  But if during that separation, there is infidelity, which from my own personal experience and those of a number of friends, there was, then in my opinion, it did not work.  Separation tends to give people an "excuse" to go outside the relationship.  Again from my own experience, these things come back to haunt the relationship.  I say, go your separate ways during that time.  When it's over, and you are both still available and interested in each other, then give it a go.  That way, there is no judgment about what each person did when they were not a couple.  Hind sight is of course 20/20.

P.S.  I agree with your post.

:rotfl: :rotfl: girl i think yuh clearly around de wrong men...brampton not dat far away from me...I go hook yuh up..... ;D

regarding de original post....I in a long distance relationship for a year now, and I've always been against long distance relationships.......de amount of long distance relationships dat I know fail is ridiculous....

that being said, my advice is... if yuh think is worth it, fix up...if yuh have any doubts at all......it ain't worth it.....e.g. if it's just some man yuh just comfortable with and yuh only with him cause yuh accustomed to it, dump he ass.....my 2 cents.... :beermug:

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 01:35:12 PM »
there is one thing that has been botherin me , n i want to know what u think ......

have any of u guys been in a long distance relationship or is it outdated .... what do u have 2 say to some1 in one   ??? ;)

Girl good luck. It is one of the HARDEST things to do.
If your other half and yourself have a strong relationship ie trust, communication, honesty and dey list goes on, den by all means.
Then again, even dat list not enough, as compared to actually seeing the person daily....ya know dey physical aspect of the relationship

steups ah just remember where i iz

allyuh i ain't mean dey sex part...ah mean dey actual being together and getting to know ya and yaself kinda ting.

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 01:46:47 PM »
From my experience (ldr for 5 years) Grande's words of advice are solid. Cocoa might have a thing or two worth noting as well.

You see I was young when the relationship started, my first boyfriend and things were great. When he went away the relationship remained really strong, we spoke on the phone often, we wrote each other as much as possible and he came home every vacation and even surprised me for a birthday or two. However, as time passed and I got older I started resenting the situation (not him mind you) because I was basically watching my life pass me by or so I thought. You see, I wanted to be home in case he called but if he didn't call then it was a wasted night that I could have used to go to a party or lime or whatever. Everyone thought that we were the perfect couple and so there was no one that I could vent with as I was not taken seriously by my friends because our relationship was so good compared to the crap that they were going through with their home-based mates. So, I shut up, kept everything in and never really discussed it with him. So, as his studies were drawing to a close and I knew that he would soon propose, the pressure began to build and I started freaking out and then I ended it. Conveniently there was another fella on the scene but in hindsight that was just an excuse. I am no longer in contact with #2 who lives here but #1 and I are still best friends even though he chose to stay in the US.

It's a little late to make this long story short but my advice to you would be IF your realtionship is built on a solid foundation to go for it with these guidelines in mind.

1. Be honest and open with yourself and with him
2. Cultivate and maintain a life of your own and hopefully he will too
3. Be open to new experiences, new people, new things
4. Do all of this in the spirit of mutual trust and respect.

Nothing in life is guaranteed and as such this is no foolproof formula for having a successful long distance relationship. I wish you well in whatever you decide to do and would like to suggest that you never regret your decisions but be willing to learn from your mistakes.

God bless.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 01:52:11 PM »
Well this one hits home. Well yes ah remember ah use tuh have one ah these and leh meh tell yuh this was the days  prior to emails ...darn this was b4 I knew what ah computer was. It was like write  ah letter wait two weeks for it to get there and another two weks get ah reply and so forth.

Leh meh tell yuh when yuh arse freezing in this place that was the best wait; and yuh know what  for years that went down cool. Then yuh start tuh  want more than letters and if people cyar come yuh eh want  'cat in bag' so yuh start to  make some decisions yes.

Anyhow it retrospect and with ah  more mature mind now. I would have  played out the scenario differently bcause ah never realize how strong that bond was until now. Is years after and all people married and thing still get in touch with yuh, yuh realize that it could have played out differently. In an age of MSN etc.. yuh could keep in touch daily and at all hours. I am of the belief and is only mu humble opinion, that given what I know now, it is possible if the parites involved have a similiar level of commitment and reassurances from each other.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 01:55:34 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 01:54:55 PM »
From my experience (ldr for 5 years) Grande's words of advice are solid. Cocoa might have a thing or two worth noting as well.

You see I was young when the relationship started, my first boyfriend and things were great. When he went away the relationship remained really strong, we spoke on the phone often, we wrote each other as much as possible and he came home every vacation and even surprised me for a birthday or two. However, as time passed and I got older I started resenting the situation (not him mind you) because I was basically watching my life pass me by or so I thought. You see, I wanted to be home in case he called but if he didn't call then it was a wasted night that I could have used to go to a party or lime or whatever. Everyone thought that we were the perfect couple and so there was no one that I could vent with as I was not taken seriously by my friends because our relationship was so good compared to the crap that they were going through with their home-based mates. So, I shut up, kept everything in and never really discussed it with him. So, as his studies were drawing to a close and I knew that he would soon propose, the pressure began to build and I started freaking out and then I ended it. Conveniently there was another fella on the scene but in hindsight that was just an excuse. I am no longer in contact with #2 who lives here but #1 and I are still best friends even though he chose to stay in the US.

It's a little late to make this long story short but my advice to you would be IF your realtionship is built on a solid foundation to go for it with these guidelines in mind.

Nothing in life is guaranteed and as such this is no foolproof formula for having a successful long distance relationship. I wish you well in whatever you decide to do and would like to suggest that you never regret your decisions but be willing to learn from your mistakes.

God bless.

Very well put!!

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 01:57:12 PM »
Well this one hits home. Well yes ah remember ah use tuh have one ah these and leh meh tell yuh this was the days  prior to emails ...darn this was b4 I knew what ah computer was. It was like write  ah letter wait two weeks for it to get there and another two weks get ah reply and so forth.

Leh meh tell yuh when yuh arse freezing in this place that was the best wait; and yuh know what  for years that went down cool. Then yuh start tuh  want more than letters and if people cyar come yuh eh want  'cat in bag' so yuh start to  make some decisions yes.

Anyhow it retrospect and with ah  more mature mind now. I would have  played out the scenario differently bcause ah never realize how strong that bond was until now. Is years after and all people married and thing still get in touch with yuh, yuh realize that it could have played out differently. In an age of MSN etc.. yuh could keep in touch daily and at all hours. I am of the belief and is only mu humble opinion, that given what I know now, it is possible if the parites involved have a similiar level of commitment and reassurances from each other.

Well, yuh basically make meh earlier point.  If the parties are honest and committed, I agree it can work.  It's the chance you take.  I would never do it again myself.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2006, 12:06:22 PM »
Ah horn is a horn only when you take it on.

What you doh know might not kill you. (Aids cause the lil change in the saying)

I men liming girls in long distance relationships hard hoping for the man home to make a mistake.
A few drinks and frustration.  :beermug:  :devil:
Move in in that moment a weakness and then encouraging the girl to give the long distance thing a next shot.
 :devil:

No strings.

That is not necessarily what will happen in your case. Just make sure the signifcant other have same sex best friends. Hmmm actually that is not a guarantee these days na. Ah well!
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline joadav

• New Warrior
  • Tortola BVI here I come!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2006, 01:00:42 PM »

God bless.

I agree with your post except for point number # 3. Be open... what does that mean... you can get in trouble that way.

That being said,  My dear girl long distance relationships are very hard on both parties and it takes a lot of work to make it work out in the end... faithfullness is very important... and honesty.  Both persons must be of like mind for it to work, so if you are in the relationship and you have proper timelines and you are both committed to it, then it will work out, but if you have one idea and he has another then things can only go down hill.  My relationship did not work out because we had different ideas about how it was to play out and I firmly believe if I am not comfortable with something then let it go!

Madd Ras#3 Did you really have a school girl and a home girl?  if so... then no that's not natrual! :-\
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 01:03:50 PM by joadav »
*ht007

Offline d1onlysexysugar

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 02:53:42 PM »
i fully agree with u all .... n u r all right ... it depends on the type of relationship u r havin ... honestly speaking i really like the guy n want it 2 work but that depends on us both ... it can't jus b what i want ... so yes i make sure dat he reassures me dat i am not wastin my time n efforts n in return i do the same ... but sometimes i feel that i can't do this any more i miss him 2 much ... he better not break my heart cuz i'll return the favor to another honest guy in the future.
things r gooin really good ... but i still have doubts cuz i am not sure what he's doin  :devil: but i will not let that give me sleepless nights ....
i jus hope dat in the end i did not waste my time   :angel:
ADM

Offline general's daughter

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2006, 05:12:23 PM »
Babe,

Long distance relationships are hard. being away, temptation, it just hard, you have to be sure and entirely committed and know that the other person is on the same page before you proceed.

If you do decide to do it good luck.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 07:49:46 AM »

I in one right now , actually for the past 4 years.

It requires a lot of trust and a lot of discreetly placed CCTV cameras for full coverage.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2006, 07:55:40 AM »

It requires a lot of trust and a lot of discreetly placed CCTV cameras for full coverage.

Thank God for modern technology eh?   :rotfl:

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2006, 08:48:57 AM »

Thank God for modern technology eh?   :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2006, 10:20:01 AM »
it is for the most part pointless and simply prolongingly the inevitable end... allow the pain to linger alittle longer... theres no point in that... pursuing a long distance relationship is nailing in your own coffin... dont bother.

just take yuh lash and move on now... maybe someday in the future you can rekindle something but for now yuh just hurtin yuhself.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>