March 28, 2024, 03:44:08 PM

Author Topic: How does our league compare to the African countries own  (Read 1422 times)

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
How does our league compare to the African countries own
« on: August 16, 2006, 08:07:33 AM »
I don't know much about African league football but they are probably the only league out of the countries that were in the world cup that we can compare our league to. Is there standard of  local league football much higher than ours? Although we suppose to have the better league since we are a much richer country than  most African countries so we  have enough money to pump into the development of players and also to give them proper medical care.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: How does our league compare to the African countries own
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 08:30:27 AM »
South Africa and Egypt have decent leages. As you propbably already know football is very popular in South Africa. The Stadiums are packed for finals. The quality is decent. Countries like Tunisia, Egypt, Morroco have a lot of money to put into their football. Their leagues are well organised and they play an African Champions league. The North Africans tend to do better than the rest. In Ghana a team called Hearts of Oak is the big club with a big following.

Needless to say the African (Sub Saharan) football is very physical. Speed and Strenth are continually demonstrated but it's not kick and run. They like to mix up short and long passes at speed to gain an advantage. Our football is not nearly as fast as theirs. I wouldn't say that they're better than us technically (yuh does see endless mistrap and bad pass). Some countries have like the ones I've mentioned are in the best positions to develop into good leagues. When this generation of African players return home they will lend tremendous experience and knowledge to the development of the game.

check this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKdRJhDCGfk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MohILuehgfU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zCCoW5Ygkg
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 08:42:55 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 09:00:10 AM »
From the clips this is what I noticed. Infrastructure wise the stadia look far better than anything we have in Trinidad. They have footage. The goals in the clip are quality goals. Some weren't well taken they were created from nothing. Men there shooting when they get a chance.

This may lead one to believe that they quality of their league is higher. Putting this into perspective however the footage is not a fair assessment. First of all Africa is big. Second of all some of these clips were taken from championships. The best of the teams. Third of all is highlights. We only seeing what went right.

The only way to know how our league compares is for someone who has been there to watch the PFL or vice versa and give a fair comparison.

I must point out though that I can't recall ever seeing highlights involving a PFL team. That is just me though.
This to me is very important for any league to develop if only for the mere fact that coaches can point out flaws in tactics, technique etc to players.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 08:00:33 PM »
De Cameroonian League is a big feeder system for West and Central Africans players who are scouted there and then make their way overseas.

1]; } ?>