March 28, 2024, 05:39:10 PM

Author Topic: England vs Greece  (Read 7892 times)

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
England vs Greece
« on: August 16, 2006, 01:10:19 PM »
For those in t'dad it showing on fsc.....steve mclaren first game and john terry first as captain

Teams:

England: Robinson, Gary Neville, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Hargreaves, Downing, Defoe, Crouch.
Subs: Kirkland, Young, Bridge, Phil Neville, Carragher, Brown, Dawson, Jenas, Wright-Phillips, Richardson, Foster, Lennon, Bent.

Greece: Nikopolidis, Fyssas, Dellas, Katsouranis, Antzas, Vyntra, Zagorakis, Karagounis, Giannakopoulos, Samaras, Charisteas.
Subs: Chalkias, Basinas, Kafes, Salpigidis, Kyrgiakos, Gekas, Papadopoulos, Anatolakis, Amanatidis, Lagos, Georgeas.

Referee: Wolfgang Stark (Germany)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 01:18:13 PM by Patterson »

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: England vs Greece
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 01:22:13 PM »
I viewing Italy vs Croatia on TVu player....cctv5. I get a friend on mine to translate and he say they will be bringing the Nederlands game on it later..

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 01:22:44 PM »
Captain Fantastic

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 01:24:19 PM »
 england leading 4-0 2nd half

john terry scored in the 15th
lampard in the 28th
crouch in the 35th, 42nd
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 02:30:46 PM by Patterson »

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 02:54:15 PM »
come on patterson

yuh reception breakmup???
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 03:04:41 PM »
As usual, england choose to play some mediocre side (doh care if Greece name Euro champs, they're not de same great team dat won). Then they will beat dem bad, and pat theyself on de back, and dat shyte bout we on fire and we could win euro, one set ah tata. SteupS!!!!!!!!!!

Why dey eh play some serious side like Germany, or Spain, or Italy, or even Ghana self! Play a team dat actually went to the world cup, and then beat yuh chest. Same tata they do with dat jamaica game. Beat ah mediocre side 6-0, then talk bout they winning world cup.

Here we go again. ::)
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 04:12:50 PM »
come on patterson

yuh reception breakmup???

that second half was lacklustre.....england ease off and greece wake up a bit... i switch way from de football and forget to check back.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 04:32:17 PM »
England!!!!!

what a great preformance by the three lions

I'm English till I die...I love you love you England...I'm English till I die!!!!!!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 04:42:03 PM »
England!!!!!

I'm English till I die...I love you love you England...I'm English till I die!!!!!!!!!

U English till u dead?  WTF?  No wonder u was so happy on June 16 ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 04:44:52 PM »
haha ...   nah i was upset   i am a trini ...   das just a chant     sorry if it offended ne1

u no i just kixing around palos

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 05:04:21 PM »
England!!!!!

The people that say that Small Mag wouldn't piss on you if you were on Fire. When I go to away grounds like villa you'll see them people and think what idiots.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 05:09:07 PM »
haha ...   nah i was upset   i am a trini ...   das just a chant     sorry if it offended ne1

u no i just kixing around palos

Ah know smallie....jes playin... ;)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 05:19:16 PM »
As usual, england choose to play some mediocre side (doh care if Greece name Euro champs, they're not de same great team dat won). Then they will beat dem bad, and pat theyself on de back, and dat shyte bout we on fire and we could win euro, one set ah tata. SteupS!!!!!!!!!!

Why dey eh play some serious side like Germany, or Spain, or Italy, or even Ghana self! Play a team dat actually went to the world cup, and then beat yuh chest. Same tata they do with dat jamaica game. Beat ah mediocre side 6-0, then talk bout they winning world cup.

for what it's worth, that mediocre side is the defending European champions.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 09:31:49 PM »
that defending champs was embarasing in the confederations cup and won the euro cup cuz of a LAPSE by portugal....hey to the victor goes the spoils though

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 11:09:14 PM »
ONE lapse by Portugal and they won the Euros? They beat Portugal in the opener as well as in the final, drew with Spain, beat France in the quarters and Czech Rep in the semis. I don't know how that adds up to one lapse by Portugal giving Greece the title. It was probably the best that those guys have ever played, but give them credit for a good effort rather than diminishing what they did by saying Portugal lapse.

England beat that ass properly tonight though. :busshead:

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 02:32:36 AM »
England!!!!!

The people that say that Small Mag wouldn't piss on you if you were on Fire. When I go to away grounds like villa you'll see them people and think what idiots.

I sing it and I'd certainly piss on Small Mag if he was on fire. In fact, I'd throw my beer over him if that helped (Not if it was my last one of course ;D)

Anyway, the song sounds a lot better when it has the right lyrics "Portsmouth Til I Die, I'm Portsmouth til I die, I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Portsmouth til I die". ;)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 05:23:02 AM »
that hairpuller crouch try a spanner in the game and de slowest stepover ever seen... de ting look like some kinda industrial fan...

he does try some ting like bicycle and scissors kick with he awkward-lookin self that does make me wonder if he ever score even one ah dem ting in practice

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 06:14:38 AM »
that hairpuller crouch try a spanner in the game and de slowest stepover ever seen... de ting look like some kinda industrial fan...

he does try some ting like bicycle and scissors kick with he awkward-lookin self that does make me wonder if he ever score even one ah dem ting in practice

but Omaraldinho...yuh sounding like a real trini  ;D Dissing the man cuz he cyah pull of de flam moves and thing...yet he scored a double. Eight goals in 12 games for England. Not trying to defend Crouch, but let's get down to what really matters...he buss de net. Everything else sounding like sour grapes padnah.

The serious sides will come. But McLaren's first game in charge after a dissapointing WC. Players are still not in full 100% rip roaring league form. It is smart to play a  less than stellar side and try to get a convincing win and protect players from overly taxing confrontation this early in the season. The psychological part of the game is not to be underestimated. The English FA probably has a well thought out, smart program that best prepares them physically and mentally for Euro 2008. Good strategy by England in my books. Everybody does the same..Look at the full friendly line up and you will see most of the big teams went for less than tip top opposition. As for them getting overconfident about the result..well I didn't read anything to that effect, but for the section of the population that gets carried away..well, you acting like we doh do that too. Whey sah...cyah believe I defending Engerluhnd  :-[ :-[

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 07:14:47 AM »
I somtimes wonder if redtrini girl have something personal with England  ;D they played a Greek side that while not great are'nt bad and they played well.
Give jack his jacket they had a good game and ignoring the Sun et al most papers have not been raving today about winning euro 08.
I know if trinidad beat Haiti 4-0 I would be happy..........
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 10:23:20 AM »

whatever the team, i dont think every time a friendly was played for example brasil ...would pick " top class opposition " every time. You cant criticise england for that. BRasil v Norway, Ireland v Nederlands..England v Greece, sound equal to me.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 11:23:46 AM »
England!!!!!

Ah know yuh not serious, yuh just trying tuh get somebody pissed off. :-\
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Ocky

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 03:41:48 PM »
Several things to remember;

1) This game was organised many months ago

2) The Premiership season starts on Saturday

3) Qualifying for Euro 2008 starts in two weeks

4) Many would say that the European competition is harder to win than a World Cup

5) Redtrini girl knows nothing about English football or its supporters as witnessed by her ramblings on this site!

End of!

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2006, 04:07:52 PM »
Some sense..HAZAA!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 06:14:39 PM »

4) Many would say that the European competition is harder to win than a World Cup

5) Redtrini girl knows nothing about English football or its supporters as witnessed by her ramblings on this site!

End of!

tell them Mr. Englishman  :beermug:
if wasn't fuh England and inventing football what woulda we be doing now?  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2006, 09:21:17 PM »

End of!

Warning! warning! Filho is about to swerve severely off topic  ;D

Well Ocky...if you read my earlier post you will see where I come from on this topic. But you see that point you make there...#4. I hadda say something about that. Europeans go on about the European Cup being harder to win than the WC. Its is so boring. Sorry, but the WC is much harder to win....

1) The WC is a longer and therefore more physically strenuous tourney.
2) The European Cup has fewer 'weak' teams, so the average quality per game may be higher in the group stages and the first knockout stage, but once you get to the final stages (quarters, semis, etc) the weaker teams are usually gone. To actually win the WC you not only have to be better than the top European teams, but you throw in Brazil, Argentina and maybe one or 2 dark horses. Just as high quality..but added variety in playing style to deal with...oh and did I mention you might have to play against a nasty behemoth like Brazil or Argie after playing 6 games (your European Cup would have been done already)
3) European teams can often create a 'home-team' atmosphere at the European Cup even when playing away from home. On average, much harder to do so in the WC.
4) When was the last time a traditionally crap team hit form at the right time and won the WC? never really. In the WC, the cream rises to the top. Greece wasn't winning the WC, even with its Euro 2004 form ..or at least..not as likely. That extra game lessens the probability an upstart will win cuz it's one extra chance for Goliath to take on David

No offense, just the whole Euro being harder to win is a pet peeve of mine. European teams should win more WCs if that were true..instead I think its Europe 9 - South America 9.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2006, 10:09:03 PM »

No offense, just the whole Euro being harder to win is a pet peeve of mine. European teams should win more WCs if that were true..instead I think its Europe 9 - South America 9.

and out of that 9............ England 1
as usual one set ah hype bout England
all name and no game
England eh winning not now not never

when yuh watching the spots highlights all yuh seeing in England trashing Greece yuh swear they win a big trophy, one would ah never think they had other internationl games on the same day

Més que un club.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2006, 02:15:54 AM »

all name and no game

when yuh watching the spots highlights all yuh seeing in England trashing Greece yuh swear they win a big trophy, one would ah never think they had other internationl games on the same day

If England ever won the world cup, half the guys on this forum would say it was lucky, there were no other decent teams, England cheated (Like all colonial countries do apparantly) or the referees were biased.

we had a pre season friendly against Greece and won 4-0, not only that, the performance was fairly good as well. No one is saying it was a great victory or it is a sign of things to come, just that we put in a good display.

I wish some people would take their blinkers off when it comes to England.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2006, 04:50:29 AM »

all name and no game

If England ever won the world cup, half the guys on this forum would say it was lucky, there were no other decent teams, England cheated (Like all colonial countries do apparantly) or the referees were biased.

we had a pre season friendly against Greece and won 4-0, not only that, the performance was fairly good as well. No one is saying it was a great victory or it is a sign of things to come, just that we put in a good display.

I wish some people would take their blinkers off when it comes to England.

Nah...if England got their team selection right and had a couple of key players in full form (Rooney, Owen, Lampard in particular) noone should be surprised if they won the WC unless they didn't know much about football. England had the personnel to win a WC2006 (not including Sven). And before everyone goes on about there being more talented teams...of course there are...but  there's way more to winning the world cup than having the best talent..or else Brazil or Argentina would have won this time around. You need good players, a sweet system or systems, master tactics on the day, a favorable draw and some good old fashioned luck. England has enough good players to win the WC if they everything fell in to place.

People like to hate on England because they think the press is arrogant..although what passes for English press on this site is often a joke. The tabloids and a couple idiotic color commentators are quoted as if they were law. They think some of the players are arrogant for thinking they can win the WC...not realizing that every team that regularly makes it to the quarters feels and speaks the same....but since most people on this site cannot read the Spanish or Portuguese press, all they can concentrate on are the fallacies of the English (and American press) and players, cuz that's what they're exposed. Also..we were a British colony..which doesn't really mean too much to younger generations, but you've got to be a bit naive if you think some people aren't gonna like to see them get their ass whooped. C'mon....you live in Europe, so you know that even if people have no clue what its like to be occupied, vestiges of wronngful treatment in hte past are visible even today and grudges remain in the subconscience. Sport is usually the outlet to vent.

You also ahve to just get used to Trini ole talk as well. Hard for a foreigner to do so over the internet..but some of the things that are written here that sound demeaning to England..if you actually were having a conversation with a Trini face to face, you would often see a wry smile go with it and you will realize we having a dig at you in fun....sometimes  ;)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2006, 04:53:16 AM »

End of!

For your information, I have been following english football since primary school (grew up in a male household, cannot be helped). Also, I have been living in england for years now. I actually liked england for years.

A few years after coming here I changed my opinion. I cannot stand the hype and false impressions. Yes, hype is all over the world. Delusional press included. It's the same with the US. Cannot stand their biasness.

England is not as bad I must admit. I guess it gets to me that they're so good on paper, but forever underachieving. And I also guess the english press and all the so-called pundits (especially these ole fogey ex-players) gets to me more so than the team. You've never really heard me go on about indiviual players (except probably Becks). It's all the shyte talk I can't stand.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2006, 05:43:32 AM »
It's all the shyte talk I can't stand.

Shite talk is what football is all about.

It's the first game of the season tomorrow and I KNOW we are going to win the premiership. If we beat Blackburn tomorrow then my thoughts will be confirmed, we are the new Chelsea. If we lose to Blackburn, we are shite, the manager should be sacked and I am never going to Fratton Park again.

Come Tuesday when we have our next game, that will all change ;D

1]; } ?>