April 26, 2024, 04:40:15 PM

Author Topic: Socawarriors car banner  (Read 4859 times)

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Socawarriors car banner
« on: August 16, 2006, 08:45:46 PM »
Not sure if most of ya'll noticed it,but as immediately as Wc finish ppl take off the sticker off there cars.That display jus shows how fast trini's does jump on banwagon and jump off.

How of u guys in here have ur sticker on ur car still.
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: Socawarriors car banner
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 08:53:28 PM »
Wha sticker  ::)
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 09:34:41 PM »
Remember it had some men long time...real fighiting style. Their car have all the latest gadgets and loud horn, long antenna,STICKERS all over, All kinda thing hanging down from the review mirror...

What we used to call them men ??

:) Gladmen  ;)

OK but on a serious note the fanatical English fans have all taken down their stickers and flags....the day after they lost(guess they might have been upset). So don't come down on we poor little trini fans too hard.

Besides we had other holidays and fetes(Great Fete Weekend) to be concerned with. And carnival commimg too.

Offline Montjoy

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 03:38:47 AM »
Fellas, believe it or not it still have Germans flying the T&T flag over here in Germany.  ;D

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 03:58:58 AM »
I still have mine on meh car and in meh yard.   

GERMANY NICE
BUT TRINI NICER
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 07:28:46 AM »
yes my sticker still dey and it eh coming off till is start to fray and  i fed up hear de wifey mouth.....
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 07:41:50 AM »
Not sure if most of ya'll noticed it,but as immediately as Wc finish ppl take off the sticker off there cars.That display jus shows how fast trini's does jump on banwagon and jump off.

hmmmm... I wish i had a car......
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 07:49:15 AM »
At the WN Toronto lime ah see ah man had ah maco-size one on the back of his/her minivan in the parking lot. just as ah reach ah see mr police writing out ah ticket for said van..cause they park whey dey eh supposed to. Ah try to beg, but the police say if I know where the driver is..well...ticket write out den.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 12:47:39 PM »
Mine still on my car.
but it rell faded now wit de rain

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 12:55:29 PM »
Boy I have mine stick over me heart, b/c I have no car!!!   :rotfl: :notworthy: :salute:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 02:43:27 PM »
Alyuh talking bout sticker. I had on meh original Strike squad jersey just yesterday.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 02:51:04 PM »
Well ah get one thanks to Patriot; ah was going to stick it on meh car but then ah think about some of the sh..t ah go deal with up here:

1. SNOW ...it go real mash up meh sticker in no time

2. Some arse  go ask meh who are the  'soccer warriors'?

3. some one meh think ah belong to some gang

4. ah dotish man go ask where in Africa is Trinidad

5. another may  say 'I always though you were from Jamacia'

6. 'what is soca'?

So to avoid all the chupid talk out dey; ah have the poster  right up on the inside as yuh walk in meh doors. Ah dare ah arse tuh ask ah chupid question; de door right dey.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 03:13:07 PM »
Well..ah never had a sticker but ah had meh flag and it still flying high on meh car.  Since de WC finish doh, ah only see one other flah in meh neighbourhood when it used tuh have plenty.  It staying up till de winter set een!!
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 09:25:16 PM »
All yuh does be real hard on Trins plenty people still have on the banner. Me included.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 12:43:29 AM »
Quite a few Italians in Toronto still have their flag waving in their car more than a month after the World Cup. I doh know about allyuh but this irritates me. I don't have anything against them but there is no need to parade your nationalism so, esp in a society like Toronto. To me this nationalistic display - although minor - is an affront to the city. Hypocrisy on wheels. For this reason I took mine off a couple days after the Paraguay game - during the tournament was a more ideal time to show your patriotism and I was proud to do it. But to have it up now, to me, is unnecessary.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 01:04:33 AM »
Well ah get one thanks to Patriot; ah was going to stick it on meh car but then ah think about some of the sh..t ah go deal with up here:

1. SNOW ...it go real mash up meh sticker in no time

2. Some arse  go ask meh who are the  'soccer warriors'?

3. some one meh think ah belong to some gang

5. another may  say 'I always though you were from Jamacia'

6. 'what is soca'?

So to avoid all the chupid talk out dey; ah have the poster  right up on the inside as yuh walk in meh doors. Ah dare ah arse tuh ask ah chupid question; de door right dey.
that one does make meh mad they chupid bad

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 12:05:31 PM »
Ah going take meh sticker off meh donkey because ah doh have no car. ;D :rotfl:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 01:46:01 PM »
my sticker still on my van back home....that eh comin off till it fall off...even tho i not home again till christmas
Back in Trini...

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 05:55:01 PM »
my flag still on dey antenna...and it ain't coming off unless somebody tief it.

meh problem is, is not all dey time i could toto meh horn when ah other trini do it, and dey does get vex yes  >:(
me ain't care to know yaz ah trini too. wha ya want meh to tell ya, "Welcome to Canada" ...wha dey arse steups

if ah was in Trinidad, dem woulda pass meh like ah flippin full PTSC bus.

pecan ah still waiting tur see ya  :heehee:

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2006, 06:34:04 AM »
Quite a few Italians in Toronto still have their flag waving in their car more than a month after the World Cup. I doh know about allyuh but this irritates me. I don't have anything against them but there is no need to parade your nationalism so, esp in a society like Toronto. To me this nationalistic display - although minor - is an affront to the city. Hypocrisy on wheels. For this reason I took mine off a couple days after the Paraguay game - during the tournament was a more ideal time to show your patriotism and I was proud to do it. But to have it up now, to me, is unnecessary.

I beg to disagree.  If to fly the flag now after the world cup is an affront to the city, why was it not an affront to fly it during world cup.   I don't see the difference.  I personally have a problem with people who see being connected to your country of birth as a slap in the face to Canada.  I don't love Canada less because I still Trinidad.  That would be like saying you love your father more than your mother or vice versa or for those of us with a dead-parent, to love one child more than the other.  I often see reports of one kind or another praising Canadians, particularly famous ones, who live outside of Canada...Wayne Gretsky..Michael J. Fox..Mike Myers and referring to them as Canadians despite the fact that they live and work in the USA for many years.  Married to Americans, children Americans but they still maintain very strong ties to Canada because their parents and relatives still live in Canada.  Why does not  Canada and the US not ask them to sever ties with Canada and give all their allegiance to the US.  In my opinion, it can't be done.

Anyway...again, that is just my humble opinion as I continue to fly my Trini flag with pride until the cold weather sets in.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2006, 08:14:25 PM »

I beg to disagree.  If to fly the flag now after the world cup is an affront to the city, why was it not an affront to fly it during world cup.   I don't see the difference.  I personally have a problem with people who see being connected to your country of birth as a slap in the face to Canada.  I don't love Canada less because I still Trinidad.  That would be like saying you love your father more than your mother or vice versa or for those of us with a dead-parent, to love one child more than the other.  I often see reports of one kind or another praising Canadians, particularly famous ones, who live outside of Canada...Wayne Gretsky..Michael J. Fox..Mike Myers and referring to them as Canadians despite the fact that they live and work in the USA for many years.  Married to Americans, children Americans but they still maintain very strong ties to Canada because their parents and relatives still live in Canada.  Why does not  Canada and the US not ask them to sever ties with Canada and give all their allegiance to the US.  In my opinion, it can't be done.

Anyway...again, that is just my humble opinion as I continue to fly my Trini flag with pride until the cold weather sets in.

Well to each his own. It was more suitable and not an affront to the city to fly the flag during the World Cup because it is the biggest international tournament in the world and Torontonians from all over the world were displaying the flags of various countries. Thus, at the time, especially as hardcore football fans, it was appropriate.

It might be just me but when I see a flag flying these days, I see it as that person preferring to be there and not here. World Cup football done, you living in Canada, you don't need to keep the flag to prove to anyone that you are proudly Italian, English, Korean etc. If someone MUST keep their flag up, then put a Canadian flag up beside it. I saw that on many occasions and THAT is hardly an affront.

Toronto's people are divided enough already as it is by culture, background and place of origin. Multiculturalism is both a blessing and a curse. People take the place of their origin and make it become their entire identities (especially as a reaction to the chaotic culture shock of Toronto) and while this provides a sense of comfort and security for the individual, it's detrimental to the city as a whole. You are much more than the place where you were born. And while you remain in close connection with your homeland, you don't need to display it to the public, you know it in your heart and for me that is enough.

If you notice, only the articles written about Michael J. Fox, Mike Myers and Gretzsky refer to them as Canadians. The media loves to categorize. Those three barely show Canadian nationalism while living and working in the States. Only when they're IN Canada and being interviewed that they revert to their Canadian-ism. You'd never know they were Canadian if you see their present work from the U.S.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 08:17:24 PM by Grande man »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2006, 08:49:36 PM »

Well to each his own. It was more suitable and not an affront to the city to fly the flag during the World Cup because it is the biggest international tournament in the world and Torontonians from all over the world were displaying the flags of various countries. Thus, at the time, especially as hardcore football fans, it was appropriate.

It might be just me but when I see a flag flying these days, I see it as that person preferring to be there and not here. World Cup football done, you living in Canada, you don't need to keep the flag to prove to anyone that you are proudly Italian, English, Korean etc. If someone MUST keep their flag up, then put a Canadian flag up beside it. I saw that on many occasions and THAT is hardly an affront.

Toronto's people are divided enough already as it is by culture, background and place of origin. Multiculturalism is both a blessing and a curse. People take the place of their origin and make it become their entire identities (especially as a reaction to the chaotic culture shock of Toronto) and while this provides a sense of comfort and security for the individual, it's detrimental to the city as a whole. You are much more than the place where you were born. And while you remain in close connection with your homeland, you don't need to display it to the public, you know it in your heart and for me that is enough.

If you notice, only the articles written about Michael J. Fox, Mike Myers and Gretzsky refer to them as Canadians. The media loves to categorize. Those three barely show Canadian nationalism while living and working in the States. Only when they're IN Canada and being interviewed that they revert to their Canadian-ism. You'd never know they were Canadian if you see their present work from the U.S.

No matter where I is or how long I there, I will forever be Trini at heart...and will proudly fly my flage 365, 24-7 from my rear-view mirror.  Whichever city get 'affront' or which get back is dem loss.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2006, 08:56:47 PM »
With due respect to each other's opinions, I would  say that the display of a national flag is not a contributory cause nor is it an implied notion that one wishes to be in a different place.  However , not everyone is  in the same position of comfort to daily display nor speak of their country of origin as others; people come to that position at different times. Hence the differing of opinions. For some based on their experiences  displaying any salient artifact which would point then as being different is not acceptable, unless the occasion merits the  use of or display of that said object. Some  artifacts maybe more appliable at certain times than some. In this case, I do not readily believe that the display of person's national flag is centered on one event. In reviewing the Canadian chartered of rights and Freedom, it allows for substantial leeway in these matters. I cannot  with full conviction surmise possible reasons as to the initial qustion  of this thread. Ther maybe differnt factors  within that context to answer that question. I would like to reflect on the dispaly of national artifacts on the canadian context.

The flag in many ways could be simply a display of  affiliation, pride, support and gesture of national pride. Many ethnic restaurants, display a flag of a country and many people do wear  clothing apparel which may display a country's affiliation. At times it is simply just that and no more. Suffice to say , that displaying a flag or not has been a contentious issue for some. I have witnessed where some people do not take offense or raise an issue when one displays a Union Jack yet when a flag of a lesser know place is displayed, it is like 'why are you displaying THAT flag?" Keep in mind to that there are certain religions which are aganist any display of national icons.

I do not believe that the displaying of flags nor the wearing of  national flags is that big of a deal to contribute to  a divided society. I mean, the infamous question is always present (where are you from?0 despite the flag or clothes you are wearing. After 34 years in this country, do you think waving a Canadian flag will make me any more Canadian? It eh happening so.

In some of my presentations to multicultural groups, and to primarily young Canadian audiences, I begin with the question as to how long they have lived in Canada , their answers usually reveal that I have lived  longer here compared to them . What  does that make me in terms of status? So you see the issues of 'flagging yuh flag to me is not a contributory factor to disunity and a matter of pride and dare I say in this context an opportunity to educate others.

I often wonder at times when  I see flags flying from bamboo poles in various  places like at Maracas Falls, or by certain river side if that is a desecration of the place or if it signifies a special religious rite or event? Nevertheless it matters  little to me in terms of it's significance. I respect why it was proably placed there but I do not see that flag as a sign of divisiveness. Wait nah coming to think about it, ah wonder if ah take  meh banner and but it in meh office if people go feel offended? ah mean I remeber back in uinversity days all meh record collection were of black artists , yuh know once ah woman wanted to  know if ah prejudice aganist white  artists?

There are much more systemic barriers to divisiveness than the display of a flag. IF IS WAS NOT FOR THE 'FLIPPING WINTER'  meh banner with ah been loud and up front on meh car. From a personal perspective, More people on my staff are now aware of meh contry of origin. Now if they could fly their British flag and various other Euro flags in their office, am I not entitled to display mine? meh banner at home now; banner going to office tomorrow. Rain does shine breeze does blow and  I waving meh flag fuh so; yes ah have a provincial and a canadian flag ah go display them too in meh office. Equal rights and justice.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 09:32:40 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 07:32:13 AM »

You an me eh go agree on dis topic...but I will tell you this about Mike Myers at least.  Despite the fact that his parents are from England and he is a first-born Canadian, if you watch his work, he draws heavily on both his Canadian roots and his English.  I have seen him in interviews in the US and he IS a very proud Canadian and he will tell you so as well.  However, that's just an aside.

I get the feeling from your post that you do not wish to "offend" anyone particularly from mainstream Canada and because everyone was "doing it" at a certain time you were more comfortable and not afraid to fly your flag.  I have been in this country for 18 years and contributed and continue to contribute to it honourably and with pride. 

My Trini flag does not diminish that in any way.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 08:26:29 AM »
In reviewing the Canadian chartered of rights and Freedom, it allows for substantial leeway in these matters. I cannot  with full conviction surmise possible reasons as to the initial qustion  of this thread. Ther maybe differnt factors  within that context to answer that question. I would like to reflect on the dispaly of national artifacts on the canadian context.
Alberta, like you have done for mine, I acknowledge and furthermore respect your persepectives. I think the Canadian Charter was not written with much foresight, but I didn't expect it to be. Written in 1981, only a decade after Canada was officially declared "multicultural", it has an idealistic concept of diversity, but perhaps did not forsee its (diversity's) divisive side.

The flag in many ways could be simply a display of  affiliation, pride, support and gesture of national pride. Many ethnic restaurants, display a flag of a country and many people do wear  clothing apparel which may display a country's affiliation. At times it is simply just that and no more.

I agree. But the ethnic restaurants and stores etc display their flag partly because of national pride but largely also because the appeal of their restaurant/shop itself is its exoticism and to cater to Toronto's desire to sample food from another part of the world. It could mean something to its owners, but to me the flag is just part of the decoration of the restaurant, along with the sombreros and brightly colored booths, salsa music and complimentary nacho chips. (Example of a Mexican restaurant).

I do not believe that the displaying of flags nor the wearing of  national flags is that big of a deal to contribute to  a divided society. I mean, the infamous question is always present (where are you from?0 despite the flag or clothes you are wearing. After 34 years in this country, do you think waving a Canadian flag will make me any more Canadian? It eh happening so.

In some of my presentations to multicultural groups, and to primarily young Canadian audiences, I begin with the question as to how long they have lived in Canada , their answers usually reveal that I have lived  longer here compared to them . What  does that make me in terms of status? So you see the issues of 'flagging yuh flag to me is not a contributory factor to disunity and a matter of pride and dare I say in this context an opportunity to educate others.
Scene. Even if flagging yuh flag is not a contributory factor to disunity, it does not do much, or anything, for unity either.

I often wonder at times when  I see flags flying from bamboo poles in various  places like at Maracas Falls, or by certain river side if that is a desecration of the place or if it signifies a special religious rite or event? Nevertheless it matters  little to me in terms of it's significance. I respect why it was proably placed there but I do not see that flag as a sign of divisiveness. Wait nah coming to think about it, ah wonder if ah take  meh banner and but it in meh office if people go feel offended? ah mean I remeber back in uinversity days all meh record collection were of black artists , yuh know once ah woman wanted to  know if ah prejudice aganist white  artists?
If de woman say yuh was prejudice, that was a bit too extreme but she have been thinking yuh needed some variety of artists from different backgrounds, that's all? I don't know. But then again who is she to say that, right.

As for the flags flying from bamboo poles by Maracas Falls or alongside the beach - it does signify a religious rite (Hindu). They should take them completely off after though. I remember going to de beach with family and ting the flags would be there in numbers and in various spots around the beach, NICE spots too eh...but we would avoid going to those spots b/c of the flags' presence. I noticed that ppl stay a fair distance away from them too. Oh gosh ppl want to bathe and enjoy the beach, do your religious thing but move de flags dem after.

There are much more systemic barriers to divisiveness than the display of a flag. IF IS WAS NOT FOR THE 'FLIPPING WINTER'  meh banner with ah been loud and up front on meh car. From a personal perspective, More people on my staff are now aware of meh contry of origin. Now if they could fly their British flag and various other Euro flags in their office, am I not entitled to display mine?
I agree there are more significant contributors to divisiveness that the display of a national flag. I thought the World Cup was the best possible time to display it though, other than that it's really unnecessary. If I had colleagues displaying their British / Euro flags in the office NOW, I'd be irritated and think they should remove it, but yes you are entitled to display yours. Would you want to though? Or would it simply be in response to their actions?

meh banner at home now; banner going to office tomorrow. yes ah have a provincial and a canadian flag ah go display them too in meh office.

Nice. That is fair enough.  :beermug:

« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 08:55:50 AM by Grande man »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 08:49:31 AM »

You an me eh go agree on dis topic...but I will tell you this about Mike Myers at least.  Despite the fact that his parents are from England and he is a first-born Canadian, if you watch his work, he draws heavily on both his Canadian roots and his English.  I have seen him in interviews in the US and he IS a very proud Canadian and he will tell you so as well.  However, that's just an aside.

I get the feeling from your post that you do not wish to "offend" anyone particularly from mainstream Canada and because everyone was "doing it" at a certain time you were more comfortable and not afraid to fly your flag.  I have been in this country for 18 years and contributed and continue to contribute to it honourably and with pride. 

My Trini flag does not diminish that in any way.

Well I'm not talking about Canada as a whole, I'm rather focussing on Toronto. What is mainstream Canada? What is 'mainstream' Toronto? Toronto is a city of no one identity but many identities. And to me this is largely due to many ppl sticking with what they know and where they're from and letting that make up who they are completely - and I abhor that.

I took down my flag because I simply thought it was unnecessary to keep it up after the World Cup. During the World Cup, for me, was the most appropriate time to display it for reasons I said earlier. It isn't a matter of being comfortable or being 'afraid' to fly the flag. Yes I am Trini, but I don't feel a need to prove it to someone (unless I am asked) nor does it constitute such a large part of my identity that I need to keep the flag on my car and let everyone who sees me know. I know I love T&T and T&T football, and that's enough.

Cocoa, in your 18 years here, have you publicly displayed your pride to others for the part of you that is Canadian?

Secondarily, you're right about me not wishing to 'offend' anyone. I get offended when I see Italian flags still up. People may gather that reaction if I had my flag up, I don't know. But remember I maintain I see no need to keep it up after the World Cup living in a place like T.O. You wouldn't think ppl would get irritated by seeing a national flag they may or may not recognize from the tiniest nation ever at a WC, but this is also one of the principles why I removed my flag: The display of other national flags - be they T&T's or not - now after the World Cup, does nothing to help the overall unity of the city.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 09:02:33 AM by Grande man »

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 09:37:01 AM »

Cocoa, in your 18 years here, have you publicly displayed your pride to others for the part of you that is Canadian?

Absolutely!!  I have had the occasion to travel outside of Canada on business and I wear my Canadian flag (PIN) with pride and refer to myself as Canadian.  Which I am.

My second child was born in Canada.  So for anyone who knows me to suggest that I may think less of Canada or being Canadian because I fly a flag other than Canada's is to me ludicrious because I would, in my opinion be thinking less of my own child.

At the end of the day, all these things are personal. Your personal experiences, the province, city, town you live. 

Other people's opinions of me and particularly people I do not know really does not matter to me.  I am confident in who I am and do not rely on someone else's position to define me.  So if my flying my Trini flag bothers some well that really is too bad for them.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 09:45:01 AM »

hmmmm... I wish i had a car......

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 09:46:30 AM »

Absolutely!!  I have had the occasion to travel outside of Canada on business and I wear my Canadian flag (PIN) with pride and refer to myself as Canadian.  Which I am.

My second child was born in Canada.  So for anyone who knows me to suggest that I may think less of Canada or being Canadian because I fly a flag other than Canada's is to me ludicrious because I would, in my opinion be thinking less of my own child.

At the end of the day, all these things are personal. Your personal experiences, the province, city, town you live. 

Other people's opinions of me and particularly people I do not know really does not matter to me.  I am confident in who I am and do not rely on someone else's position to define me.  So if my flying my Trini flag bothers some well that really is too bad for them.

I respect that, Cocoa.  :beermug:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 11:00:03 AM »
Fellas, believe it or not it still have Germans flying the T&T flag over here in Germany.  ;D

cool ;)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>