March 28, 2024, 11:35:59 AM

Author Topic: English Premier League (EPL) Thread  (Read 256477 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: 2013/14 English Premier League Thread.
« Reply #1350 on: February 05, 2014, 08:35:05 AM »
Swansea's position on the table is deceptive. They've managed to scramble some points here and there but they've been performing terribly ever since the second half of last season. Their general form in that period is among the worst in the league.

Laudrup has been falling out with players, falling out with the chairman. There is a serious lack of harmony behind the scenes and, from what I can tell, Laudrup might be the culprit. I guess they decided to stop the bleeding somehow and see if they could hold strain until next season.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:36:40 AM by Dinner Mints »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: February 05, 2014, 11:50:40 AM »
Swansea's position on the table is deceptive. They've managed to scramble some points here and there but they've been performing terribly ever since the second half of last season. Their general form in that period is among the worst in the league.

Laudrup has been falling out with players, falling out with the chairman. There is a serious lack of harmony behind the scenes and, from what I can tell, Laudrup might be the culprit. I guess they decided to stop the bleeding somehow and see if they could hold strain until next season.

Supposedly, the last straw that broke the camel's back was Laudrup giving the players two days off after last weekend's loss and jetting off to Paris for a holiday.  They say no rules exist at the club: man drinking for most of their summer trips, no curfew, nothing.  He look like he signed off long time, and was just waiting for the axe.  I could see him at Spurs though.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: February 05, 2014, 12:38:17 PM »

Supposedly, the last straw that broke the camel's back was Laudrup giving the players two days off after last weekend's loss and jetting off to Paris for a holiday.  They say no rules exist at the club: man drinking for most of their summer trips, no curfew, nothing.  He look like he signed off long time, and was just waiting for the axe.  I could see him at Spurs though.

Hope not.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: February 15, 2014, 06:48:35 AM »
Fulham hire Felix Magath after 'sacking' Rene Meulensteen
BBC News

Rene Meulensteen has been replaced as Fulham manager by former Bayern Munich coach Felix Magath.

The Dutchman, who succeeded the sacked Martin Jol in December, told BBC Sport that he had been fired but he remains under contract at Fulham.

Meulensteen, who won four of 17 games in charge, told BBC Sport: "They have hit the panic button on emotion and fear - but hey ho, that's football."

He was not mentioned in a club statement  announcing Magath's arrival.

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan said: "With 12 matches remaining, we certainly can no longer post empty results. Action was required."

Magath, 60, has signed an 18-month contract at Fulham, who are bottom of the Premier League. He has won the Bundesliga three times as a manager, most recently with Wolfsburg in 2009, and is the first German to manage in the Premier League.

In a statement on his Facebook page,  he said: "This amazing club, steeped in tradition, and its owner Shahid Khan have totally convinced me and given me the managerial responsibility.
"I would like to thank the club and the owner for this faith."

Meulensteen coached at Old Trafford for 12 years under former Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and had 16 days in charge of Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala last August.

He guided Fulham to a 2-2 draw at Old Trafford on Sunday but the Cottagers were beaten by a last-minute penalty as they lost 3-2 to Liverpool in midweek.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live, Meulensteen said: "I knew the owners were freaking out a little bit that there was the possibility of the club going down.

"The way forward that we have discussed with the club was about longevity and in this case it is clearly an act of fear.

"I have not had a lot of time and people who came to the Manchester United and Liverpool games could see what I was trying to put in place.

"I couldn't care less what they put in the statement, to be honest."

Meulensteen won three Premier League games and one FA Cup tie while in charge at Craven Cottage, losing 10 times. On transfer deadline day he signed five players, including Greece international striker Konstantinos Mitroglou from Olympiakos for about £11m and Tottenham midfielder Lewis Holtby on loan.

German Magath has been out of work since leaving Wolfsburg in 2012 but won the double twice with Bayern, adding a third Bundesliga title with Wolfsburg in 2009.

That Wolfsburg side featured Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko and current Fulham pair Ashkan Dejagah and Sascha Riether.

Khan added: "Felix is an accomplished manager with multiple honours in the Bundesliga and a hunger to replicate his success with Fulham in the Premier League.

"I'm especially impressed with the reputation Felix has for coming into clubs at difficult times, often late in the season, and lifting them to their potential and beyond.

"Felix knows that is precisely the task awaiting him at Fulham, and he made it abundantly clear that he wants and is ready for the opportunity.

"Our club has shown promise in recent matches, but the fact is we have not won a league match since 1 January. Given our form, we can no longer merely hope that our fortunes will finally turn."

Magath is likely to meet the backroom staff, including Alan Curbishley and Ray Wilkins, to discuss a way forward on Sunday.

Fulham, whose next game is at 17th-placed West Brom on Saturday 22 February, said that an announcement on their backroom staff will be made in the near future.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 04, 2014, 06:56:18 PM »
“He was right on top of me and I wanted to just ease him away from me but obviously I put my head in a forward motion," Pardew said of jostling with Meyler. "I want to apologize to him, everyone at Hull and obviously my own fans as well. ... I don't think it was a head butt. It wasn't a motion that was quick.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-alan-pardew-head-butt-david-meyler-0140301,0,4358442.story#ixzz2v2rvo723

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  ::)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 09, 2014, 11:14:28 AM »
This is really a FA cup post, but like Wigan is Man City father.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 09, 2014, 11:39:28 AM »
Now Man City is just they outside chile.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 09, 2014, 12:00:55 PM »
Wigan!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1358 on: March 09, 2014, 12:29:28 PM »
Uwe Rosler come in and rescue Wigan. Cause dey was in a mess with Owen Coyle. They'd likely be much closer to promotion right now if Rosler was there from the start.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 15, 2014, 08:08:58 AM »
The Man City Offside trap is a thing of beauty.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 15, 2014, 09:00:16 AM »

That and Hull look lost each time.
City gonna miss Kompany for Fulham, Man U and Arsenal.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 15, 2014, 09:09:45 AM »
David Silva: top shelf pass.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 15, 2014, 12:22:11 PM »

Hull just clueless, hardly the result of any brilliance by City that they keep getting ketch 2-3 yards offside.

Kompany will only miss the Fulham game... professional foul is only a one-game suspension.  Yuh cyah learn dat rule playing savannah sweat football.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 15, 2014, 01:04:27 PM »

Hull just clueless, hardly the result of any brilliance by City that they keep getting ketch 2-3 yards offside.

Kompany will only miss the Fulham game... professional foul is only a one-game suspension.  Yuh cyah learn dat rule playing savannah sweat football.

Congrats on knowing something  ;D

Villa really knocking on the door......
As I typing they score.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:10:10 PM by Peong »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 15, 2014, 01:13:59 PM »

As I typing they score.

Hush yuh kyat, dred... hush yuh kyat!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: March 15, 2014, 01:17:55 PM »

As I typing they score.

Hush yuh kyat, dred... hush yuh kyat!!

Yes ah been trying but yuh keep meowing

Watch Ramires conduct now.

The table set up real nice.  Yeah City have 3 games in hand but that is plenty games to have to win, they can't count those 9 points just yet.
Pool and Arsenal still close with tough games tomorrow but Liverpool play two relegation zone teams next matchday.
Chelsea in the lead but nervously watching.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:35:55 PM by Peong »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 15, 2014, 01:26:36 PM »
Absolutely terrible decisions by the ref. Almost all his major call were delayed. This game was being called from the stands. Say what you want.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 15, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »
Absolutely terrible decisions by the ref. Almost all his major call were delayed. This game was being called from the stands. Say what you want.

The Willian sending off was jokey but Ramires was begging for what he get.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 15, 2014, 01:43:37 PM »

The Willian sending off was jokey but Ramires was begging for what he get.

Agreed. Willian first yellow was very, very harsh. The second less so but still a bit harsh. Long time Ramires is a stink player tho. Good player but he love to foul.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 25, 2014, 02:06:15 PM »
City score in the first minute.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: March 25, 2014, 02:54:10 PM »
Man United should be down to 8 players. Felliani, Wellbeck and Mr. Nasty/don't care/FA boy/Rooney gets away with an absolutely stink tackle from behind and not even a card. Half time they did not even mention or show Rooney tackle in the studio. Balotelli would have been looking at a 3 game ban.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 25, 2014, 03:09:20 PM »
Man United should be down to 8 players. Felliani, Wellbeck and Mr. Nasty/don't care/FA boy/Rooney gets away with an absolutely stink tackle from behind and not even a card. Half time they did not even mention or show Rooney tackle in the studio. Balotelli would have been looking at a 3 game ban.

Balotelli is yuh man or what elan... seriously?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 25, 2014, 03:40:55 PM »
Yeah, we can double date with with you and Suarez.  :-*

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 25, 2014, 03:41:41 PM »
Yaya Toure is easily the best all-round player in the world. :applause:

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 25, 2014, 03:48:39 PM »
Yaya Toure is easily the best all-round player in the world. :applause:
Soooo that would make him the best player in the world???  :-\

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: March 25, 2014, 04:53:30 PM »
Yeah, we can double date with with you and Suarez.  :-*

Nah you could date both ah dem if is so yuh swinging... especially you does bring up both ah dem name de most around here.  Doh let Sam find out nah, he go stone yuh off de site.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: March 29, 2014, 11:01:44 AM »
So another result with huge ramifications for the top half of the table. Crystal Palace have recorded an improbable victory against Chelsea.

Thus, City can go second, Liverpool can go top, or Arsenal's faint title hope could be infused with some form of life if they beat the citizens later today.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: March 29, 2014, 11:14:54 AM »
Like nobody want this title or wha?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 29, 2014, 11:16:30 AM »
lol...watch city put it in their back pocket today.

Damn Chelsea   :devil:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 29, 2014, 12:05:53 PM »
I wanted Chelsea to keep the pressure on City.  Damn fools how yuh go destroy Arsenal then lose to Palace?
How was the game?

1]; } ?>