March 28, 2024, 03:37:02 AM

Author Topic: English Premier League (EPL) Thread  (Read 256400 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2014/15 English Premier League Thread.
« Reply #1530 on: September 15, 2014, 10:10:50 AM »
Check Villa schedule: just played Liverpool, then Arsenal (H), Chelsea (A), Man City (H)and Everton (A)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: September 15, 2014, 12:24:03 PM »
Check Villa schedule: just played Liverpool, then Arsenal (H), Chelsea (A), Man City (H)and Everton (A)

Seem like the schedule makers eh like dem lol.  On paper if they finish that stretch with 6 points (counting the 3 already in the bag) that should be a moral victory.  With the way they been playing they might even come out with 9.  This hot start will surely help them avoid any kinda relegation worries as the season progresses.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: September 22, 2014, 02:34:53 PM »
Satirical shorts: Racist twit violates Balotelli AND Ebola; Watch-out: Platini reveals his Jack Warner education; and small-minded Pellegrino gets hot for Mourinho

Bashing Balotelli, timeless Platini and small-minded Pellegrino
By Mr Live Wired (Wired868.com)

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli saw something that tickled him during Manchester United’s controversial 5-3 loss to newly promoted Leicester City yesterday and tweeted: “Man Utd... LOL.”
Naturally, it was met with an explosive response from sad, little “fans” who saw it as an excuse to abuse the 24-year-old Italian football star.
The moment of Zen was provided by @CraigSainsbury who responded: “Got eat some bananas and get ebola you dirty monkey.” It was, arguably, racist abuse and bizarre and misguided health warning in equal measure.
Even the dreaded Ebola disease might have felt violated after being exploited in that way.
Mr Live Wire thinks if doctors are still agonising over testing possible ebola vaccines, they should skip the chimpanzees and go straight to this clever twit.
Merseyside Police is investigating the abuse, which is better than Balotelli might have expected in Italy. After the selection of Carlo “Drive-out-banana-eaters” Tavecchio as Italy FA president, Serie A clubs might have at least made @CraigSainsbury an honorary FA director.
Speaking about dodgy officials, can someone ask UEFA president Michel Platini what time it is?
Platini, a former France and Juventus football hero, is either the first millionaire who can’t tell the difference between a watch of symbolic and trivial value—as permitted by FIFA’s rules for gifts—and a £16,000 Parmigiani watch. Either that or Platini felt a watch that cost as much as most Trinbagonians’ cars was just another piece of crap that he tossed in his socks’ drawer.
Regardless, the FIFA Ethics Committee declared that Platini and his fellow gift loving FIFA executive committee members would have to give the watches back.
And Platini, a man who openly supported the controversial Qatar 2022 World Cup bid, declared that FIFA president Sepp Blatter could try prising the watch from his cold, twisted corpse. We paraphrased slightly.
“I’m a well-educated person,” said Platini. “I don’t return gifts.”
Read more: http://wired868.com/2014/09/22/satirical-shorts-bashing-balotelli-timeless-platini-and-small-minded-pellegrini/

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: September 22, 2014, 02:42:56 PM »
I find credence in Platini's position. In his broader comments, he explains why. SWF, yuh underselling Platini here.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: October 18, 2014, 07:35:06 AM »
A boring, high scoring game between City and Spurs
The crowd dead and making the game dead.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: October 18, 2014, 08:07:36 AM »
goal boy oscar
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: October 19, 2014, 09:48:01 AM »
A weekend of penalties ...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: October 19, 2014, 07:46:28 PM »
Liverpool vs. QPR... good game for the neutrals, four goals in the final 5 mins, three by QPR.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: October 20, 2014, 08:26:31 AM »
Did not see 'Pool-QPR. But it appear to be one hell of a finish. Swansea-Stoke was also a good one. End to action and great saves by the keepers. But boy, these penalties are putting the official on notice. They may have to use instant replay for these incident.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: October 20, 2014, 02:24:59 PM »
Liverpool gotta buy Berahino...this youth been doing it the last three seasons.  Suits our style of play too.  He will be on to a bigger club by next summer at the latest.  Knowing Spurs, they might come in for him in January, cause they need a striker.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: October 20, 2014, 07:09:56 PM »
So how much Sunderland got for throwing the game?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: October 20, 2014, 09:44:36 PM »

lol...trying to recall the last time ah team collect 8 in the EPL.  Was it Bolton against Man U.  Allardyce get fired after that.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: October 20, 2014, 10:44:29 PM »
Liverpool gotta buy Berahino...this youth been doing it the last three seasons.  Suits our style of play too.  He will be on to a bigger club by next summer at the latest.  Knowing Spurs, they might come in for him in January, cause they need a striker.

i cant wait to see what origi has to offer. i heard he has been ripping up ligue 1. i think we should be redefining balotelli as a striker who can hold up the ball to allow lallana/coutinho or sterling push up to score goals, instead of letting him try to score the goals. i still have faith that balotelli will find rodgers rhythm, but that faith is slowly diminishing. 
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: October 21, 2014, 02:18:10 AM »

lol...trying to recall the last time ah team collect 8 in the EPL.  Was it Bolton against Man U.  Allardyce get fired after that.

Last time a team collected 8 without a response was Villa on Lampard's 500th appearance in the PL. Chelsea under Benitez.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: October 25, 2014, 08:25:27 AM »
Outta road now, so ah doh know what happened subsequently , but de Hammers were balling! for the 30 minute portion I saw during the first half. Mancini had one of Wenger's furrowed looks.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: October 25, 2014, 08:32:06 AM »
Outta road now, so ah doh know what happened subsequently , but de Hammers were balling! for the 30 minute portion I saw during the first half. Mancini had one of Wenger's furrowed looks.

Valencia and Sakho are making all the difference for West Ham.  Valencia set up Amalfitano for the first, Sakho scored the second.  City were pegged back from the opening, and it didn't help that Yaya Toure's had an inconsistent start to the season.  Ball went thru Silva too much today, though he did eventually pull one back for City.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: October 26, 2014, 11:29:09 AM »
Trademark Drogba! Just what I hoped would happen for him today. Next thing to charge this game will be a red card.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 26, 2014, 11:55:08 AM »
Wha ah say ... red card, free kick, goal!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 26, 2014, 12:06:16 PM »
Not even sure how much contact there was there.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: October 26, 2014, 12:09:04 PM »
mou need to stop closin shop at 1-0 when he goh learn boy steups
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: October 26, 2014, 02:02:17 PM »

Alyuh need a parking ticket
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 26, 2014, 03:42:53 PM »

Alyuh need a parking ticket
I would bet money dat if chelsea kept playin to score we would have won both manchester games.....ah mean come on leicester kept playin and beat alyuh.....chelsea up 20min f**kin min to go an mou lookin to luck up.....we getting bull with dat shit since last season man steups
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: October 26, 2014, 05:18:06 PM »
I would bet money dat if chelsea kept playin to score we would have won both manchester games.....ah mean come on leicester kept playin and beat alyuh.....chelsea up 20min f**kin min to go an mou lookin to luck up.....we getting bull with dat shit since last season man steups

Ah hear yuh, but his calculation panned out to within mere "seconds"? Shouldn't he be having a strenuous conversation with Ivanovic instead?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: October 26, 2014, 06:15:34 PM »

Ah hear yuh, but his calculation panned out to within mere "seconds"? Shouldn't he be having a strenuous conversation with Ivanovic instead?

I agree on ivan, but still he's been closing shop with all kinda 40mins to go since last season.....even against team dat eh no real match.....dat everton game woulda be d same borin drek if everton wasn't scoring.......jose need to cool d micro management,damn team wasn't tryin to counter steups.....remember wasn't like 3mins u know was 20mins+

glad for drogba doh....been takin alot of stick lately for his performances
=
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 26, 2014, 06:17:10 PM »

I agree on ivan, but still he's been closing shop with all kinda 40mins to go since last season.....even against team dat eh no real match.....dat everton game woulda be d same borin drek if everton wasn't scoring.......jose need to cool d micro management,damn team wasn't tryin to counter steups.....remember wasn't like 3mins u know was 20mins+

glad for drogba doh....been takin alot of stick lately for his performances
=

From the introduction of Mikel?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: October 26, 2014, 06:28:46 PM »

pretty much if not before
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: October 26, 2014, 06:35:17 PM »

Same thought occurred to me. However, I trusted his judgement.  :devil: :)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: October 26, 2014, 07:33:30 PM »

Same thought occurred to me. However, I trusted his judgement.  :devil: :)

teams are realizing that chelsea stop playing for goals when mikel comes in......it's obvious now that the tactic is played out......and does more harm than good
I pity the fool....

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: October 27, 2014, 09:54:59 AM »

Yeah because nobody couldn't tell that the sending off is what change de game nah, steups!  I does wonder about you oui.  You sure yuh is an actual Chelsea fan?  That game was pull and tug all the way.  Despite being biased I think many will concede we were the stronger team, yet we weren't penetrating enough or getting enough shots to bury them.  They, despite getting more shots were having their own difficulties as well.  So considering how the flow was going why not add more defensive help in attempts to secure the win?  You always going on and on with this same broken record bullshit.  If JoMo style doh suit yuh find ah nex team and stop fackin b!tchin nah.  Steups

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: October 27, 2014, 10:33:46 AM »

Yeah because nobody couldn't tell that the sending off is what change de game nah, steups!  I does wonder about you oui.  You sure yuh is an actual Chelsea fan?  That game was pull and tug all the way.  Despite being biased I think many will concede we were the stronger team, yet we weren't penetrating enough or getting enough shots to bury them.  They, despite getting more shots were having their own difficulties as well.  So considering how the flow was going why not add more defensive help in attempts to secure the win?  You always going on and on with this same broken record bullshit.  If JoMo style doh suit yuh find ah nex team and stop fackin b!tchin nah.  Steups

so because I find he does shutdown tings to early and bring undue pressure on team, I is not ah chelsea muddac**t fan, people saying d same damn ting I sayin on chelsea fan boards all over muddac**t interf**kingnet....he shutdown to quickily.....nobody say doh be cautious but for f**k sake man not with plenty game still to play.......regardless of the fact dat ivan get d card with 2min left....d cynical ball started too early both games.....
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>