April 19, 2024, 08:04:35 PM

Author Topic: English Premier League (EPL) Thread  (Read 258320 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-2011 English Premier League Thread
« Reply #750 on: December 28, 2010, 03:49:13 PM »
nice handball from Birmingham lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 28, 2010, 03:54:49 PM »
offside and handball!
But we go take it!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 28, 2010, 04:01:23 PM »
offside and handball!
But we go take it!

only way Birmingham could have stopped us

what a shit goal... to be fair it would have been tough to see the handball... I thought it was more offside .. but when I saw the replay it was more handball and less offside

f**k that would have been a massive 3 points.... still top of the league and playing well... missing Nani and Scholes.. hopefully they will be back soon... If we played like that in our previous away games we would have been running away with the title...desperately unlucky to draw today
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 04:11:16 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 28, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »
Newcastle's keeper is one shitsnake!

How so?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 28, 2010, 04:11:14 PM »
Oh gosh ah reach.....that is some dutty dutty tackle boy whey sah. Like the ref yellow card was frozen in he back pocket.

Great equalizer by City, you could have seen it coming after Man United decided to defend the 1 goal. City really worked hard and deserved to take away a point.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 28, 2010, 04:14:22 PM »

Ball to hand... good non-call.  And no Bitter... look at when Bowyer started his run, didn't look off-side to me, the protest was over the 'handball'.

ManU fans have no business complaining b/c as per usual, every 50-50 call was given in their favor but this one (which the ref probably didn't see clear enough to call, if the linesman didn't call that, he couldn't call it either).  I love Giggs but that is a straight up yellow card, two-footed, studs up tackle he put on that Brum player.  Not to mention the foul by Fletcher right before that on the pass leading up to that challenge.  

Then there was Ferdinand studs up header, in which Jerome somehow ended up getting pegged on his shin.  No call was given.  Mind you Ferdiand did THE SAME EXACT THING against Arsenal last week... and studded Sagna across his stomach.  Sagna even ended up with his shirt in tatters, prompting Ferdinand to offer an apology to him afterwards.  Ref di'n see nutten wrong with that.  But let one call go against allyuh and allyuh crying more than anybody.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 28, 2010, 04:16:58 PM »

Ball to hand... good non-call.  

I stopped after that LOL

you real good yes...

3 things went down..Phillips pushed Rio.. Zigic rose above and handled it to Bowyer who was in a possible Offside position....  that's no ball to hand..especially when it led to a goal

50/50..yea..normal... ::)

If United scored a goal like that we wouldnt hear the end of it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 28, 2010, 04:22:31 PM »

Ball to hand... good non-call.  

I stopped after that LOL

you real good yes...

3 things went down..Phillips pushed Rio.. Zigic rose above and handled it to Bowyer who was in a possible Offside position....  that's no ball to hand..especially when it led to a goal

50/50..yea..normal... ::)

If United scored a goal like that we wouldnt hear the end of it

How Zigic could "handle" the ball when his hand never left his side?  Take yuh blinders off son... and yeah, doh bother read the rest, it too damning to yuh persecution cause.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 28, 2010, 05:37:09 PM »

Ball to hand... good non-call.  And no Bitter... look at when Bowyer started his run, didn't look off-side to me, the protest was over the 'handball'.

ManU fans have no business complaining b/c as per usual, every 50-50 call was given in their favor but this one (which the ref probably didn't see clear enough to call, if the linesman didn't call that, he couldn't call it either).  I love Giggs but that is a straight up yellow card, two-footed, studs up tackle he put on that Brum player.  Not to mention the foul by Fletcher right before that on the pass leading up to that challenge.  

Then there was Ferdinand studs up header, in which Jerome somehow ended up getting pegged on his shin.  No call was given.  Mind you Ferdiand did THE SAME EXACT THING against Arsenal last week... and studded Sagna across his stomach.  Sagna even ended up with his shirt in tatters, prompting Ferdinand to offer an apology to him afterwards.  Ref di'n see nutten wrong with that.  But let one call go against allyuh and allyuh crying more than anybody.

Thought was only me had an issue with that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 29, 2010, 09:46:44 AM »
dzeko about to go man city

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/858651?cc=5901

thais real firepower they have now....but go be hard to keep all them big name strikers happy.   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 29, 2010, 02:12:57 PM »
Ivanovic should have Elmander do a paternity test.

EDIT:

I having less and less respect for Essien... not only is he reckless with the majority of his challenges, but now the desperation starting to show as he's resorting to gamesmanship to try and win fouls and get man booked.  Poor.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:17:50 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 29, 2010, 02:16:41 PM »
You see what Ivanovic get a card for? Then look at the tackles Bolton getting away with, especially Davies.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 29, 2010, 02:17:52 PM »
That is blatant cheating by the ref, give Chelsea players cards and talk to Bolton's.   :bs:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 29, 2010, 02:18:48 PM »
That is blatant cheating by the ref, give Chelsea players cards and talk to Bolton's.   :bs:

What he was supposed to give a card for... that dive by Essien?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 29, 2010, 02:26:11 PM »
Arshavin playing crap whole game and then turn up to score.
Maybe the goal will snap him out of his funk.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: December 29, 2010, 02:37:33 PM »

Ah doh have FSP so ah missing dat game... keep we posted, either here or in de Arsenal thread.

Very evenly matched game between Bolton and Chelsea.  Seeing Bolton for the first time in a year, I'm really impressed.  I remember how they were struggle to stave off relegation under Gary Megson... now Coyle have them challenge for top 4.  Paul Robinson playing very well across the the entire Bolton backline.  I could see why he keeping Jlloyd on the bench.  Elmander and Davies winning everything in the air up front, Ivanovic getting take fuh he lunch on every header.

Meanwhile in the Chelsea middle, Essien, Ramires and Malouda cyah make ah note.  Ramires playing better though, but still nervous.  Rodrigo had a nice battle going with Cole early... but like he fade close to de half.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 29, 2010, 02:53:36 PM »

Ah doh have FSP so ah missing dat game... keep we posted, either here or in de Arsenal thread.

If yuh could watch tv and post, yuh could watch both games same time. If yuh at work, tell them watching football on dec 29th is part of your cultural tradition and you don't want to compromise yuh beliefs.  ;D

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=99749&part=sports

In any case, Wigan score first on a suspect penalty. I surprised the Arsenal defense eh complain more, but I doubt N'zogbia even feel a breeze when he went down from Koscielny "challenge". Ref call it though, watson score.

Whole time Arsenal looking like they ent really taking it seriously, and Arshavin already have he name on the 1/2 time substitute list. But Bendtner get a 1/2 chance, Arshavin clean up the rebound with a nice volley and Arsenal flip the switch. Wigan cyah touch the ball, is only a matter of time, Ashavin to Bendtner a bit of luck and a nice finish: 2-1.

Diably had to go off and Wilshire come on, which might have made a difference in the passing. Wenger make 8 changes from the chelsea squad though.

Out:
Djourou
Clichy
Song
Wilshere
Fábregas
Nasri
Walcott
Van Persie

In:
Squillaci
Eboué
Diaby
Denilson
Arshavin
Bendtner
Chamakh
Rosicky

« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:55:52 PM by Bitter »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 29, 2010, 02:53:57 PM »

Very evenly matched game between Bolton and Chelsea.  Seeing Bolton for the first time in a year, I'm really impressed.  I remember how they were struggle to stave off relegation under Gary Megson... now Coyle have them challenge for top 4.  Paul Robinson playing very well across the the entire Bolton backline.  I could see why he keeping Jlloyd on the bench.  Elmander and Davies winning everything in the air up front, Ivanovic getting take fuh he lunch on every header.

Meanwhile in the Chelsea middle, Essien, Ramires and Malouda cyah make ah note.  Ramires playing better though, but still nervous.  Rodrigo had a nice battle going with Cole early... but like he fade close to de half.

Jlloyd not on de bench. He been injured practically all season.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 29, 2010, 02:59:46 PM »

Jlloyd not on de bench. He been injured practically all season.
Bolton were only able to name 6 subs (out of 7 allowed) today, if Jlloyd was fit I'm sure he'd at least make the bench.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 29, 2010, 03:04:39 PM »
Bakes what yuh say about the tackle on Essien just before he play the ball? That's a yellow after the play dead. Two footed lunge. If Essien had done that or Mikel or D'Jong that's a straight red.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 29, 2010, 03:05:43 PM »
Bitter... thanks for the link and update... Tallman, thanks for the update, really meant that he was keeping Jlloyd out of the starting lineup, which was the case since Coyle took over, but ah di'n know that Jlloyd was injured.  Worm, I did hear earlier in the broadcast that there were only 7 on the bench... crazy.

Meanwhile, Chelsea came out the second half with a vengeance... and it's paid off.  Drogba to Malouda, 1-0 Chelsea in teh 60'

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 29, 2010, 03:06:50 PM »
Bakes what yuh say about the tackle on Essien just before he play the ball? That's a yellow after the play dead. Two footed lunge. If Essien had done that or Mikel or D'Jong that's a straight red.

Can't remember that one to be honest, I probably missed it.  I thought ref did a good job maintaining control of the game though.  Admittedly he giving Taylor a long leash.

-------------------------

Chelsea get away with a penalty... clear handball by Terry.  It was really ball-to-hand, but the hand was away from the body enough to merit the call imo.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 03:10:50 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 29, 2010, 03:23:37 PM »
Stupid red card for N'zogbia. The ONLY player giving Arsenal problems.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 29, 2010, 03:25:49 PM »
10-man Wigan equalize
Nice own-goal by Squillaci

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 29, 2010, 03:46:52 PM »
Arsenal are a joke..cant beat a 10 man Wigan
Chelsea are a shit side ... what a joke .. offside goal and Bolton penalty dismissed

but yet United gets all the calls  ::)...when they had 3 things went down in Birmingham's equaliser yesterday..a foul, handball and offside.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 29, 2010, 03:49:55 PM »
Chelsea are a shit side ... what a joke .. offside goal and Bolton penalty dismissed

but yet United gets all the calls  ::)...when they had 3 things went down in Birmingham's equaliser yesterday..a foul, handball and offside.

Dred you still bitching over that supposed "handball"??  Again I ask you... how can it be handball if the arm was at his side?  Secondly it wasn't a foul on Ferdinand, at least not by EPL standards, Ferdinand just got beat to the jump and by then couldn't get off his feet. 

The final grumble about offside is really too silly to even merit discussion.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 29, 2010, 03:51:59 PM »
Arsenal had a bogus penalty against as well as a no-penalty call for the same handball in the wall that got Hotspurs a penalty against them. They didn't get 6 minutes of extra time though... So it does go.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 29, 2010, 03:57:20 PM »

Dred you still bitching over that supposed "handball"??  Again I ask you... how can it be handball if the arm was at his side?  Secondly it wasn't a foul on Ferdinand, at least not by EPL standards, Ferdinand just got beat to the jump and by then couldn't get off his feet. 

The final grumble about offside is really too silly to even merit discussion.

that was a handball my boy... it resulted in a goal...

anyway I would have taken a draw at Brum before the game because how hard it is to win there but the way the goal went down made it feel like a loss..and we dominated play created the best chances hit the post twice..so i am still pissed

BTW....Wolves at home dog? WOLVES AT HOME DOG???

1-0 FT.. Roy has got to go ..surely that is the final straw
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 04:00:38 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 29, 2010, 04:07:09 PM »

Yeah... thanks for spoiling the game for me, I just sat down to watch it on delay.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 29, 2010, 04:15:39 PM »

Yeah... thanks for spoiling the game for me, I just sat down to watch it on delay.

Roy looks like he in too deep.  Has not won over the Anfield faithful, tactics are highly questionable, players seem uninspired, and they keep chanting "Bring back Rafa".  NESV, please pull the plug on Roy before January.

1]; } ?>