April 23, 2024, 06:35:22 PM

Author Topic: English Premier League (EPL) Thread  (Read 258727 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-2011 English Premier League Thread
« Reply #780 on: December 29, 2010, 04:30:13 PM »
Roy looks like he in too deep.  Has not won over the Anfield faithful, tactics are highly questionable, players seem uninspired, and they keep chanting "Bring back Rafa".  NESV, please pull the plug on Roy before January.

Yeah I turn off the TV.. nutten to watch if we lost 1-0.  I've seen this movie before. 

I've tried to be generous in giving him time but it's not happening.  I don't want Rafa back, frankly... he did nothing his last couple of years.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 29, 2010, 04:37:52 PM »
BTW....Wolves at home dog? WOLVES AT HOME DOG???

1-0 FT.. Roy has got to go ..surely that is the final straw

Yeah... thanks for spoiling the game for me, I just sat down to watch it on delay.

this is an open EPL thread with spoilers all around the place

you should have stated something saying please dont post spoilers(to everyone) or stay off the thread... I have not one ounce of sympathy.. when I watch delayed games is cell off no internet... take a lesson

I think I actually helped you by spoiling the score

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 29, 2010, 06:29:04 PM »

Yeah... thanks for spoiling the game for me, I just sat down to watch it on delay.

you should have stated something saying please dont post spoilers(to everyone) or stay off the thread... I have not one ounce of sympathy.. when I watch delayed games is cell off no internet... take a lesson

You are cold!  :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

giggsy11

« Reply #783 on: December 29, 2010, 06:32:10 PM »

Damn spoiler! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 29, 2010, 06:56:08 PM »

You on yuh f**king period or what small man?  Some of us have lives beyond football, it really not that serious.  How about you try and take yuh head out Fergie's ass for a second and make something productive of yuhself.  Living the life of a full-time fanboy doesn't count.

giggsy11

« Reply #785 on: December 29, 2010, 07:12:56 PM »
Arsenal are a joke..cant beat a 10 man Wigan
Chelsea are a shit side ... what a joke .. offside goal and Bolton penalty dismissed

but yet United gets all the calls  ::)...when they had 3 things went down in Birmingham's equaliser yesterday..a foul, handball and offside.

Dred you still bitching over that supposed "handball"??  Again I ask you... how can it be handball if the arm was at his side?  Secondly it wasn't a foul on Ferdinand, at least not by EPL standards, Ferdinand just got beat to the jump and by then couldn't get off his feet. 

The final grumble about offside is really too silly to even merit discussion.

The guy's arms were in front of him and he redirected the ball the same way a volleyballer cushions the ball on the forearms to set it up. And he admitted to the United players after that handes the ball.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 07:20:29 PM by giggsy11 »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 29, 2010, 08:39:34 PM »
The guy's arms were in front of him and he redirected the ball the same way a volleyballer cushions the ball on the forearms to set it up. And he admitted to the United players after that handes the ball.

I'm sure he did... and you heard that from he himself, right?  You have a direct quote where he says that himself, right?

Doh worry... ah not holding mih breath.

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 30, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »
men sour

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 30, 2010, 07:58:31 PM »
Far too many games are being decided by poor referee an assistant referee decisions. So much inconsistency! From offside, to hand ball, ball over the goal line and tackling, you really don't know what is the actual interpretation anymore. Souring the dam game.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 31, 2010, 12:43:28 AM »
Far too many games are being decided by poor referee an assistant referee decisions. So much inconsistency! From offside, to hand ball, ball over the goal line and tackling, you really don't know what is the actual interpretation anymore. Souring the dam game.

talk to blatter

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 31, 2010, 05:54:00 AM »
       I've been observing for sometime now Referees can't keep up with the pace of the game,i can't understand why they don't get younger guys to Ref,if you notice they are never in position to see anything,players run into them,they get in the way of the ball etc how conditioned can these guys get at their ages. 

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 31, 2010, 07:45:41 AM »
       I've been observing for sometime now Referees can't keep up with the pace of the game,i can't understand why they don't get younger guys to Ref,if you notice they are never in position to see anything,players run into them,they get in the way of the ball etc how conditioned can these guys get at their ages. 

Tried that with the likes of Atwell, simply not good enough, too inexperienced and in awe.

Don't know why anybody is surprised by ref decisions it has always been the case that certain teams / players get a lot less punishment for the same (an in some cases worse) offences than the rest. Manu, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool & Spurs are the usual beneficiaries, will very quickly be joined by Man City if not already.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 31, 2010, 08:04:36 AM »

At the Interational level Refs have to retire at 44, so that has been addressed. But I agree the game has become too quick. Maybe they should give more responsibility to the assistant referees.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 31, 2010, 08:41:20 AM »

At the Interational level Refs have to retire at 44, so that has been addressed. But I agree the game has become too quick. Maybe they should give more responsibility to the assistant referees.
      What are your thoughts on a two Ref system?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 31, 2010, 08:49:56 AM »
Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson rules out January buys
Sir Alex Ferguson
Ferguson's side are top of the Premier League on goal difference

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says he will not buy any new players in the January transfer window.

When asked about possible purchases the 69-year-old Scot stated there would "definitely not" be any new arrivals.

But Ferguson hopes to loan out Federico Macheda for the rest of the season to increase the striker's experience.

The 19-year-old Italian, who has made seven appearances in the Premier League this season, has been linked with former club Lazio, Roma and Bolton.

Ferguson confirmed that Macheda's fellow forwards, Danny Welbeck and Mame Biram Diouf, will remain on loan at Sunderland and Blackburn respectively.

Welbeck has enjoyed success on Wearside and Ferguson is hopeful Macheda could have a similarly productive time away from Old Trafford.

606: DEBATE
Don't see us having any real money to chase the big players.

diamondcementhead

England Under-21 international Welbeck has made 18 league appearances for Sunderland, scoring five goals, despite being in competition with expensive recruits Darren Bent and Asamoah Gyan for a place in the Black Cats' strike force.

"I had a chat with Federico and explained the Welbeck situation," said Ferguson.

"It can pan out exactly the same for him. It would be the same thing, going to a club, getting that experience for six months and coming back to us a better player."

Macheda made an immediate impact on his Red Devils debut with a superb injury-time winner against Aston Villa in April 2009 and a four-year deal followed in December to extend his stay at Old Trafford until June 2014.

However, the success of summer signing Javier Hernandez and the return to fitness of Michael Owen look set to limit Macheda's chances up front for Manchester United.

Ferguson has concentrated his spending on the summer break in recent years and did not sign any players in January 2010.

He did sign two players in the January window the year before but Serbian winger Zoran Tosic left for CSKA Moscow in June after five first-team appearances while Belgian defender Richie de Laet only returned from a loan spell with Preston on Thursday.

Click to play

Click to play

Title is in Man Utd's hands - Kidd

De Laet and forward Joshua King's loans at Deepdale were due to expire after the match against Crystal Palace on 3 January, but they have returned to Old Trafford early in the wake of Ferguson's son, Darren, being sacked as Preston manager.

United agreed a deal for Danish goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard with Aalesund in November and the 26-year-old will be available for selection from January.

Ferguson conceded that he may have to reinforce his squad by recalling midfielder Tom Cleverley from his loan spell with Wigan.

Cleverley has been away from Old Trafford for almost two years, impressing on loan spells at Leicester and Watford before taking up the option of a temporary spell at the DW Stadium.

"Tom has done excellently as well but the agreement with him was always that we would review it in January," said Ferguson.

"I have a fantastic relationship with Wigan so I have not discussed it any further than that.

"The only problem is that we have lost Park Ji-sung to the Asia Cup for the whole of January and I don't have Antonio Valencia back until the end of February, so we are a bit light in that respect in terms of wide positions."

Ferguson expects Paul Scholes to return to training next week in a further boost to his midfield options.

The 35-year-old has not played since injuring his groin in the Champions League win over Rangers on 24 November.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: December 31, 2010, 09:31:31 AM »
Cleverley will return... Kiko will go out on loan

With Scholes, Nani and Owen coming back to fitness the squad will be strong in January... also Park(Jan 31st) and Valencia(mid feb) will be back soon enough too

I would love to see us bring Becks back on a Henrik Larsson type deal..3 months with the option of 6... Role Model, Shirt Sales, Proper exit from the club, United Legend...and he could still f**king play... ENTER THE BECKS  :D.... I know it wont happen but I think that can be a master stroke

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 31, 2010, 10:40:07 AM »

What are your thoughts on a two Ref system?

I would like to see it  at least attempted> Each responsible for one half of the field. Assisted by the assistant referees
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 01, 2011, 07:20:49 AM »
Is how many different ways they go find to tief for ManU?
Clear penalty and red card against Neville, ref ent even stop to think about it. Steups!
 :bs:
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 01, 2011, 08:07:22 AM »
WBA finally get a penalty and f*** it up royally!
Game loss right there.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 01, 2011, 08:19:14 AM »
Game loss right there.

:heehee: hernandez score
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 01, 2011, 08:24:47 AM »
Game loss right there.

Shocking! ???
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 01, 2011, 08:40:11 AM »
we grind out a win there , whew !
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 01, 2011, 08:45:43 AM »
Hallmark of Champions

and before everyone talks about WBA penalty claim I hope they bring up the clear handball before Chicharito scored

WE'LL DO WHAT WE WANTTT
WE'LL DO WHAT WE WANTTT
WE ARE MAN UNITED
WE'LL DO WHAT WE WANTTT

Massive 3 points... expecting Arsenal to f**k up at Birmingham

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 01, 2011, 09:26:12 AM »
Hallmark of Champions

and before everyone talks about WBA penalty claim I hope they bring up the clear handball before Chicharito scored

WE'LL DO WHAT WE WANTTT
WE'LL DO WHAT WE WANTTT
WE ARE MAN UNITED
WE'LL DO WHAT WE WANTTT

One is directly related to the other. If he had the balls to make the first call (plus the sending off), he would not have had to make the "make up call."
That being said WesB only have themself to blame
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 01, 2011, 10:30:03 AM »
Hallmark of Champions

WE'LL DO WHAT WE WANTTT
WE'LL DO WHAT WE WANTTT
WE ARE MAN UNITED
WE'LL DO WHAT WE WANTTT

One is directly related to the other. If he had the balls to make the first call (plus the sending off), he would not have had to make the "make up call."
That being said WesB only have themself to blame

We done know Small Mag doh care how. As long as they win.
That said, WBA have theyself to blame.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 01, 2011, 10:34:10 AM »

Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 01, 2011, 01:42:16 PM »
HE'S BACK, HE'S BACK
HE FLEW OVER THE MOON AND AROUND THE WORLD
HE'S BACK, HE'S BACK
THE BEST STORY TO BE TOLD
HE'S BACK, HE'S BACK
THE GREATEST GOAL SCORER IN THE WORLD
ROONEY, ROONEY
THE BOY OF OLD

:devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #807 on: January 02, 2011, 08:35:09 AM »
Essien is big a goat as Scholes when it comes to making stupid and dangerous tackles!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 02, 2011, 08:42:51 AM »
Essien is big a goat as Scholes when it comes to making stupid and dangerous tackles!

ONE bad tackle makin' yuh put him in such........esteemed company?  How come allyuh manu fans doh be so quick to make the same kinds of comparisons when it requires the giving of credit instead?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #809 on: January 02, 2011, 09:01:14 AM »

ONE bad tackle makin' yuh put him in such........esteemed company?  How come allyuh manu fans doh be so quick to make the same kinds of comparisons when it requires the giving of credit instead?

Not about one bad tackle, he has been making stupid and dangerous tackles including him getting straight red at the end of the game. And on top of that the man now resorting to serious play acting to get players booked as well as to avoid him self getting booked.

1]; } ?>