April 18, 2024, 02:46:01 PM

Author Topic: English Premier League (EPL) Thread  (Read 258118 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-2011 English Premier League Thread
« Reply #600 on: December 06, 2010, 03:54:39 PM »
3-0 nice shot by maxi! seems to be a cakewalk for liverpool today. xaibi alonso has been spotted in the stands.

Macca was giving Xabi a little bit of good-natured stick... he said he finally got a little 4-day holiday and instead of going to the beach he comes to Liverpool, lol.  Nice touch by Xabi though, as noted by Ian Darke, it shows that he still has high regards for the club and the area.

As for Maxi's goal... sweet release by Reina to Maxi who made a nice early pass to N'gog before getting it back.  Nice counter by Liverpool... great composed finishing by Maxi. 

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 06, 2010, 04:12:45 PM »
3-0 nice shot by maxi! seems to be a cakewalk for liverpool today. xaibi alonso has been spotted in the stands.

Macca was giving Xabi a little bit of good-natured stick... he said he finally got a little 4-day holiday and instead of going to the beach he comes to Liverpool, lol.  Nice touch by Xabi though, as noted by Ian Darke, it shows that he still has high regards for the club and the area.

As for Maxi's goal... sweet release by Reina to Maxi who made a nice early pass to N'gog before getting it back.  Nice counter by Liverpool... great composed finishing by Maxi. 

Lol you can tell he misses Liverpool. We miss him as well. Great game though by Liverpool minus our three key players in Carragher, Gerrard and Torres. I think it's Reina's 100th clean sheet for Liverpool also right?

For Aston Villa what can i say. They were over-matched. I like how that kid delalphonso (don't know how you spell it) plays. Still a bit raw but has great potential.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Boss Chris Hughton sacked by Newcastle United
« Reply #602 on: December 06, 2010, 05:03:30 PM »
they should have keep him.

He was doing a great job with a mostly shit squad.

They fire him because he black and they do not want to risk a black man doing well as a manager in england.

look for them to get back into a relegation battle.

Because the players they have were over performing which is most likely due to coach motivation.

Now that he gone they will be disappointed and performances will drop.
More likely because he's Irish

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 06, 2010, 05:09:22 PM »

Lol you can tell he misses Liverpool. We miss him as well. Great game though by Liverpool minus our three key players in Carragher, Gerrard and Torres. I think it's Reina's 100th clean sheet for Liverpool also right?

For Aston Villa what can i say. They were over-matched. I like how that kid delalphonso (don't know how you spell it) plays. Still a bit raw but has great potential.

Yeah I took the talk of Reina's clean sheet over to the Liverpool thread, but yeah... fantastic accomplishment. 

Delfouneso looks the real deal.  First time I've ever seen him play to be honest but I was real impressed.  England have a promising young player on they hands if he continues to improve.  He's only 19, but given the rate at which some of the top-flight players develop... time for him to start getting more first-team run.

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
Re: Boss Chris Hughton sacked by Newcastle United
« Reply #604 on: December 06, 2010, 06:08:36 PM »
SHOCKER!!!

102 points...

Straight back into the Prem after one year in the Championship...

11 points clear of their nearest rival...

taken points off of Arsenal, at the Emerates(!)

stick 5 past Sunderland who arguably have a world beater in Asamoah Gyan in their unit...

I was stunned by (the harshness of) Ashley's decision..

Good luck to the fella...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 09, 2010, 08:05:43 AM »
Pardew hired  ??? Ashley wanted a more experienced coach, so he goes for Pardew, who has a grand total of 17 months experience in the Premier League  :devil:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 09, 2010, 08:43:57 AM »
My newcastle partner now send me this message:

If Alan Pardew is the answer - What the f**k's the question?

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

giggsy11

« Reply #607 on: December 09, 2010, 08:54:17 AM »
My newcastle partner now send me this message:

If Alan Pardew is the answer - What the f**k's the question?

The question may be-how can you f^ck up stable situation because the owner getting itchy?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 09, 2010, 12:30:55 PM »
Pardew hired  ??? Ashley wanted a more experienced coach, so he goes for Pardew, who has a grand total of 17 months experience in the Premier League  :devil:

Ah tell allyuh dem jokers was going with Pardew... the same imps who park Tevez and Mascherano on de bench and refuse to gih dem run.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 09, 2010, 01:28:34 PM »

Ah tell allyuh dem jokers was going with Pardew... the same imps who park Tevez and Mascherano on de bench and refuse to gih dem run.

I thought yuh fart and say Pardon I eh realize is Pardew yuh say  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #610 on: December 09, 2010, 01:37:44 PM »
Pardew loves his English players; watch how he f*cks with the African midfielder who has been holding in down for Newcastle. The simpleton will probably try to build the team around Joey Barton!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 11, 2010, 04:59:56 PM »
Breaking News

Carlos Tevez hands in Transfer Request

"Carlos Tevez story is true . . written transfer request, considering quitting football altogether, homesick and unhappy #mcfc"

and

Liverpool lost again... haha

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 11, 2010, 06:18:27 PM »
Yes dread I was just reading that Tevez scenario just now. I noticed he didn't even dress for today's game, plus he might be considering retirement since he's not getting along with Mancini and is missing his daughters back home. I thought he was having an excellent season, I even had him as captain for my fantasy team so now that's no points from him for the week :cursing:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 11, 2010, 06:22:04 PM »
Yes dread I was just reading that Tevez scenario just now. I noticed he didn't even dress for today's game, plus he might be considering retirement since he's not getting along with Mancini and is missing his daughters back home. I thought he was having an excellent season, I even had him as captain for my fantasy team so now that's no points from him for the week :cursing:

apparently he was banned today..I guess he picked up a 5th yellow card

What a idiot though... thank god we got rid of him in the end.. he's a f**king circus... quality player but too much negative press

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 11, 2010, 07:12:11 PM »
So he want a transfer but to where?

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: December 11, 2010, 08:17:36 PM »
So he want a transfer but to where?

maybe he will go back argentina to be closer to his family.
Cyah vex with a man for that.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 11, 2010, 08:34:49 PM »

What a idiot though... thank god we got rid of him in the end.. he's a f**king circus... quality player but too much negative press

Sorta like Wayne Rooney... wouldn't you say?

The hypocrisy never ends... you ManU fans still acting like jilted lovers just because Tevez tell allyuh squad tuh fack off, lol

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 11, 2010, 09:25:02 PM »
I have nothing but ill-will towards Newcastle. I do believe that being black worked against him in addition to them being delusional about themselves.

The EPL is worse than the NFL when it comes to minorities in management. Secondly, minority managers are never given time to prove themselves. Ask John Barnes, Paul Ince and now Chris Houghton.
TnT Patriot

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 11, 2010, 09:51:30 PM »

The hypocrisy never ends... you ManU fans still acting like jilted lovers just because Tevez tell allyuh squad tuh fack off, lol

I know u guys are experts on that, just ask Owen next time he steps on Anfield .  ;D
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 11, 2010, 10:33:13 PM »

I know u guys are experts on that, just ask Owen next time he steps on Anfield .  ;D

Owen always got love from Liverpool fans... I dunno what you talking about.  If he get booed because he wearing a ManU shirt how dat compares to the outright hate allyuh harboring all over messageboards for Tevez?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 10:25:52 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 12, 2010, 08:27:24 AM »
I have nothing but ill-will towards Newcastle. I do believe that being black worked against him in addition to them being delusional about themselves.

The EPL is worse than the NFL when it comes to minorities in management. Secondly, minority managers are never given time to prove themselves. Ask John Barnes, Paul Ince and now Chris Houghton.

I have a lot of respect for Houghton and what he achieved and do believe he was unfairly treated. Ince and Barnes well I am not sure. Barnes was way out of his depth at Celtic, jumping straight into management at that level and after losing streak and then in the Scottish Cup to  Inverness Caledonia Thistle 3-1, the writing was on the wall. As for Ince he won 3 games out of 17 and the fans began a campaign to get rid of him. Most managers would get the sack under those circumstances. Just take your mind back the Ramos at Spurs, takes Spurs out of relegation battle, bring their first trophy since the 90's and qualification to UEFA. Then the following season was sacked after 8 games.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 12, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »

Think your reading too much into it tbh.  I don't know Ashley but it has been obvious for a long time he didn't want Hughton, He also didn't want Alladyce. Pardew is something like the 9th manager is just over 5 years (not counting stand ins), its worse than even money Pardew will be the manager this time next year. 

I think Barnes desrved the sack and Ince was in danger of relegation which most teams sack their manager.  He wasn't handling it very well and got himself a bit pananoid, heard him since and seems to be much more sane about it. 

I am sure I read somewhere that there aren't that many black/coloured (not sure what is PC anymore so sorry if I offended anybody) people taking coaching badges but could be wrong so don't quote me on it. 

When it comes to replacing managers the top clubs tend to go foriegn, and the rest seem to just get on the same old merrygoround with the same old names switching seats. 

The normal complaint is that young British managers (not white) don't get a chance, the truth is the clubs more likely to take a chance are also the clubs that can with a bad run get themselves into relegation trouble.  I jsut don't think its a "colour / ethnic" problem, its a game problem imho.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 12, 2010, 09:47:59 AM »

Owen always got love from Liverpool fans... I dunno what you talking about.  If he get booed because he wearing a ManU shirt how dat compares to the outright hate allyuh harboring all over messageboards for Tevez?

he was at new castle b4 he came to Utd. Check back at his receptions.
(Muslim)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 12, 2010, 10:01:17 AM »
Well.....i eh suprised by Tevez...somebody telling me he always said he wanted to retire around 28. And as that person also said....."He's won virtually everything except a World Cup and a Copa America"

Individual:
Silver Olimpia (Argentine Footballer of the Year): 2003, 2004
Golden Olimpia (Argentine Sportsperson of the Year): 2004
Placar Bola de Ouro: 2005
South American Footballer of the Year: 2003, 2004, 2005

Argentina:
Olympics (Also won the Olympic Golden Boot)
U20 World Cup

Boca:
Apertura (league title)
Copa Libertadores (Champions League of South America, also won MVP of the tournament)
Copa Sudamericana (Europa League of South America)
Intercontinental Cup

Corinthians:
Brasileiro League title (Also won the Brasileiro Best Player award)

Manchester United:
Two premier league titles
Champions League
Club World Cup

But i hear his agent was trying for an improved contract..so he could be doing a rooney.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

giggsy11

« Reply #624 on: December 12, 2010, 10:01:46 AM »
Drogba on the bench as is Fat Frank!

giggsy11

« Reply #625 on: December 12, 2010, 10:16:31 AM »
Well.....i eh suprised by Tevez...somebody telling me he always said he wanted to retire around 28. And as that person also said....."He's won virtually everything except a World Cup and a Copa America"

Individual:
Silver Olimpia (Argentine Footballer of the Year): 2003, 2004
Golden Olimpia (Argentine Sportsperson of the Year): 2004
Placar Bola de Ouro: 2005
South American Footballer of the Year: 2003, 2004, 2005

Argentina:
Olympics (Also won the Olympic Golden Boot)
U20 World Cup

Boca:
Apertura (league title)
Copa Libertadores (Champions League of South America, also won MVP of the tournament)
Copa Sudamericana (Europa League of South America)
Intercontinental Cup

Corinthians:
Brasileiro League title (Also won the Brasileiro Best Player award)

Manchester United:
Two premier league titles
Champions League
Club World Cup

But i hear his agent was trying for an improved contract..so he could be doing a rooney.

And or trying to force Mancini out.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 12, 2010, 10:18:14 AM »
Terry look like a statue dey boy, goal spurs
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

giggsy11

« Reply #627 on: December 12, 2010, 10:18:45 AM »
Chelski have statues plying in the middle of defense or wat or dey wearing heavy tugs today?

giggsy11

« Reply #628 on: December 12, 2010, 10:25:41 AM »
It seems like obi mikel does be in every shot when a goal score against chelski

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 12, 2010, 10:30:10 AM »

he was at new castle b4 he came to Utd. Check back at his receptions.

Oh he was at Newcastle after he left Liverpool?  Well look I never knew that.  ::)

-----------------------------------------------

Spurs up on Chelsea 1-0 (Pavlyuchenko 16') after 25'

Essien is a fantastic player... but he either has a very nasty streak, or is extremely careless with his challenges.  I surprise he eh break somebody foot by now.

1]; } ?>