March 28, 2024, 07:10:13 AM

Author Topic: English Premier League (EPL) Thread  (Read 256438 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: 2014/15 English Premier League Thread.
« Reply #1560 on: October 28, 2014, 09:15:45 AM »
mou need to stop closin shop at 1-0 when he goh learn boy steups

Yeah because nobody couldn't tell that the sending off is what change de game nah, steups!  I does wonder about you oui.  You sure yuh is an actual Chelsea fan?  That game was pull and tug all the way.  Despite being biased I think many will concede we were the stronger team, yet we weren't penetrating enough or getting enough shots to bury them.  They, despite getting more shots were having their own difficulties as well.  So considering how the flow was going why not add more defensive help in attempts to secure the win?  You always going on and on with this same broken record bullshit.  If JoMo style doh suit yuh find ah nex team and stop fackin b!tchin nah.  Steups

so because I find he does shutdown tings to early and bring undue pressure on team, I is not ah chelsea muddac**t fan, people saying d same damn ting I sayin on chelsea fan boards all over muddac**t interf**kingnet....he shutdown to quickily.....nobody say doh be cautious but for f**k sake man not with plenty game still to play.......regardless of the fact dat ivan get d card with 2min left....d cynical ball started too early both games.....

All ah allyuh who sayin de same thing is assholes in my book because contrary to allyuh claims on more than one ocassion Mikel was way past half line passing the ball.  So he wasn't in a static role as in years past.  In fact in all the games he has been inserted thus far he has had numerous forrays into areas near the 18.  Jose actually trusts Mikel to do more than sit solely in front of the back line.  If allyuh was paying attention you would notice that.  Instead allyuh feel is gloom and doom because Mikel inserted as that means close up shop.  It actually means more steel in the middle but still with an eye on attack.  You feel we losing something when Oscar comes off and Fabregas move into the number 10 position.  Stop seein things so linear, I expect non Chelsea fans to miss these subtle changes not people who claiming to be fans and supposedly always watching the team.  He bring on Mikel with 23 minutes left.  The way you carryin on you'd swear he insert Mikel at halftime or right after we score and say "awrite I good dey."  If Jose was approching this game with any caution whatsoever he would have probably started both Mikel and Matic.  This was never about being cautious as much as it was about being pragmatic.  Jose realize we gettin chances but they getting a lot more so he insert an additional obstacle to them knocking the ball around midfield.  Wha de ass so hard to understand and accept in dat?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: October 28, 2014, 11:57:10 AM »

All ah allyuh who sayin de same thing is assholes in my book because contrary to allyuh claims on more than one ocassion Mikel was way past half line passing the ball.  So he wasn't in a static role as in years past.  In fact in all the games he has been inserted thus far he has had numerous forrays into areas near the 18.  Jose actually trusts Mikel to do more than sit solely in front of the back line.  If allyuh was paying attention you would notice that.  Instead allyuh feel is gloom and doom because Mikel inserted as that means close up shop.  It actually means more steel in the middle but still with an eye on attack.  You feel we losing something when Oscar comes off and Fabregas move into the number 10 position.  Stop seein things so linear, I expect non Chelsea fans to miss these subtle changes not people who claiming to be fans and supposedly always watching the team.  He bring on Mikel with 23 minutes left.  The way you carryin on you'd swear he insert Mikel at halftime or right after we score and say "awrite I good dey."  If Jose was approching this game with any caution whatsoever he would have probably started both Mikel and Matic.  This was never about being cautious as much as it was about being pragmatic.  Jose realize we gettin chances but they getting a lot more so he insert an additional obstacle to them knocking the ball around midfield.  Wha de ass so hard to understand and accept in dat?

let's get someting clear hear, I doh tink d introduction of mikel spells doom and gloom........but d drop in tempo does be glaring.....and I understand full well that he is following instructions.........but why does chelsea's willingness to attack have drop off, d man could be solid and still keep things going forward......he did it at everton...sick assist dat....my grouse it not about mikel........it''s about protecting weak leads with cynical tactics .......off late it eh wukkin.....as simple as dat.....we coulda try harder for second goal, even when mikel come on... d man could do d job.....steups

play dead ketch corbeaux alive...not just play dead
I pity the fool....

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: October 28, 2014, 12:03:36 PM »

let's get someting clear hear, I doh tink d introduction of mikel spells doom and gloom........but d drop in tempo does be glaring.....and I understand full well that he is following instructions.........but why does chelsea's willingness to attack have drop off, d man could be solid and still keep things going forward......he did it at everton...sick assist dat....my grouse it not about mikel........it''s about protecting weak leads with cynical tactics .......off late it eh wukkin.....as simple as dat.....we coulda try harder for second goal, even when mikel come on... d man could do d job.....steups

play dead ketch corbeaux alive...not just play dead

I hear yuh hoss. 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 01, 2014, 07:40:10 AM »
Liverpool just suffered through that first half. Aside from a few trademark Gerrard passes, Balo's back heel etc. What was there? Yet a goal might come against the run of play.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: November 01, 2014, 09:51:07 AM »
That tackle on Balo should gave been a straight red. He did not even try to go for the ball, just hack Balo down. Not good.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: November 01, 2014, 01:12:43 PM »
The officiating in the Newcastle v. Liverpool game was an absolute joke.  Newcastle should have finished that game with 9 men, including yes... a straight red on Janmaat for that tackle.  He even had another late challenge in the middle of the pitch that was simple foul, while he was already on a yellow.  Earlier Cisse had a break leg tackle from behind on Allen that was studs mid shin, no contact on the ball... only a yellow. But say what.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 01, 2014, 01:13:43 PM »
That tackle on Balo should gave been a straight red. He did not even try to go for the ball, just hack Balo down. Not good.

Saw the replay. Didn't see it in full flow. Was gehhin ready to bounce.

Balo wasn't any where near a danger zone, was he? ... to merit that kinda temporary insanity defending.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: November 01, 2014, 01:15:09 PM »

Balo wasn't any where near a danger zone, was he? ... to merit that kinda temporary insanity defending.

Was a frustration tackle... making it even clearer that it was intentional and not an attempt to play the ball.  Ridiculous.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/AE472535E41140333799939416064_37806909569.0.1.16926074602776837646.mp4?versionId=Gxw_uXn4pFl6js9zb9T69m4_Ec8wk5rd
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 01:16:53 PM by Bakes »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: November 01, 2014, 01:23:53 PM »

Was a frustration tackle... making it even clearer that it was intentional and not an attempt to play the ball.  Ridiculous.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/AE472535E41140333799939416064_37806909569.0.1.16926074602776837646.mp4?versionId=Gxw_uXn4pFl6js9zb9T69m4_Ec8wk5rd

One might have thought Marriner would have been influenced by the preceding foul ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 02, 2014, 08:14:32 AM »
Smalling is a dumbass!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: November 02, 2014, 09:29:21 AM »
man u cyah do nutten useful atall boy steups
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: November 02, 2014, 05:00:22 PM »
Southampton ??? .................beneficiaries of a lucky draw........or a real threat....wah alyuh tink, swansea was up dey too.... den kinda melt away.... demk lookin like dey up for it doh.............even if u factor in that they lost to "big sides".... :D well kinda
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:04:18 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: November 02, 2014, 08:25:46 PM »
Southampton has always been a decent club in my view. Just like Sevilla... Always end up selling their prospects to the big clubs.. Yet still retain competitiveness and keep churning out more
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: November 02, 2014, 11:57:36 PM »
Southampton is the real deal, the #2, 3 and 4 ranked defenders in fantasy are Soton players.  Can't read too much into fantasy stats, but the scores (and those of the midfield players) tell you that the team is defending extremely well as a unit.  That is always a recipe for success.  Additionally, I'm tempted to think that there's just something about their philosophy which gets the best out of their players.  Lovren, Lallana, Shaw and Chambers all look like ordinary players now.  Meanwhile Clyne, Schneiderlin, Tadic, Mane and Pelle are all having career years.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: November 03, 2014, 06:27:39 AM »
Southampton is the real deal, the #2, 3 and 4 ranked defenders in fantasy are Soton players.  Can't read too much into fantasy stats, but the scores (and those of the midfield players) tell you that the team is defending extremely well as a unit.  That is always a recipe for success.  Additionally, I'm tempted to think that there's just something about their philosophy which gets the best out of their players.  Lovren, Lallana, Shaw and Chambers all look like ordinary players now.  Meanwhile Clyne, Schneiderlin, Tadic, Mane and Pelle are all having career years.
Southampton has always been a decent club in my view. Just like Sevilla... Always end up selling their prospects to the big clubs.. Yet still retain competitiveness and keep churning out more

yeah dey does look good playin dey style, solid defense with more than enough enterprise and adventure to keep yuh interested .....eh see an entire game yet though.....can't wait for dem vs chelsea........

never try to watch ah whole
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: November 08, 2014, 12:31:30 PM »
Eh, that 1st half in the QPRvCity game was madness.

2 disallowed QPR goals
QPR take the lead on a debatable offside
City hit back with a debatable offside, and hand ball goal.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: November 08, 2014, 01:07:11 PM »

2 disallowed QPR goals

and now an own-goal!

The improvement in QPR in the last few weeks has been amazing.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: November 08, 2014, 01:10:48 PM »

2 disallowed QPR goals

and now an own-goal!

Zamora had Demichelis in knots on that cross.

Bachanal this game.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: November 08, 2014, 01:12:11 PM »

2 disallowed QPR goals

and now an own-goal!

Zamora had Demichelis in knots on that cross.

Bachanal this game.

Same ball as the first City goal, no handball this time.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: November 22, 2014, 01:37:43 PM »
Hard luck dey, Arsenal. Pity allyuh eh get at least ah point.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: November 22, 2014, 01:53:04 PM »
Albion and Chelsea was sleep-inducing ... probably might have been a slightly different game, but not necessarily outcome ... had Costa's goal been ruled offside. As typically happens, the good luck genie will probably tax Chelsea on a bigger stage ... perhaps the CL.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: December 14, 2014, 08:18:30 AM »
Man Utd v Liverpool

Sturridge's absence being felt here. Pool cyah even buy a vowel.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: December 18, 2014, 12:31:22 PM »
Balotelli handed one-match ban

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has been banned for one match, fined £25,000 and ordered to attend to an education course after making racist and anti-semitic comments on social media.

The Italian international last week accepted a charge of an aggravated breach of Football Association rule E3, relating to references of ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality or religion or belief, after his posting of an image of computer game character Super Mario on Instagram.

Balotelli did not request a personal hearing but submitted written mitigation to an independent disciplinary panel. The FA said in a statement: "Following an independent regulatory commission hearing today Mario Balotelli has been fined £25,000, suspended for one-match with immediate effect, subject to any appeal, and warned as to his future conduct after he admitted breaching FA rules in relation to social media.

"The charge was that an image the Liverpool player posted on social media was abusive and/or insulting and/or improper, contrary to FA rule E3(1). Furthermore, the posting was considered to be an "aggravated breach" as defined in FA rule E3(2) in that it included a reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race and/or nationality and/or religion or belief. Mr Balotelli has also been ordered to attend an education programme."

Liverpool said they were awaiting the full written verdict from the panel but did not rule out further action against the player by the club. A Liverpool spokesman said: "The club acknowledges the decision reached by the independent panel and due consideration will be given to the written judgement once we receive it from the FA.

"Any further action taken by ourselves in relation to this matter is between the club and player." The day after his posting - which he quickly deleted - Balotelli apologised by writing on Twitter: "I apologize if I've offended anyone. The post was meant to be anti-racist with humour. I now understand that out of context (it) may have the opposite effect."

Balotelli, 24, deleted the offending post as criticism began to mount but FA guidelines state that "deleting an inappropriate posting, whilst advisable, does not necessarily prevent disciplinary action being taken".

The striker will now miss Liverpool's match at home to Arsenal on Sunday, subject to any appeal.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: December 20, 2014, 02:08:27 PM »
City reel Chelsea in, Falcao ends United wait

Manchester City beat Crystal Palace 3-0 to move level with Premier League leaders Chelsea, while Radamel Falco earned Manchester United a 1-1 draw at Aston Villa.

City were missing Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko and Stevan Jovetic due to injury, but they secured an eighth consecutive win in all competitions thanks to David Silva's second-half brace and a late Yaya Toure strike. Victory left City level on 39 points with Chelsea, who remain top by virtue of a superior goal difference (+23 to +22) ahead of their trip to Stoke City on Monday.

"It was a very good win," City manager Manuel Pellegrini said. "A very good performance. I enjoyed the way the team worked the whole week -- to work in a different way without strikers. I did think December is a key month to be in the fight for the title, and if you want to be involved you must be very near the top of the table. I hope we continue playing like this."

United spurned a chance to close on Chelsea after dropping points for the first time in seven matches at Villa, who had Gabriel Agbonlahor sent off in the 65th minute for a foul on former team-mate Ashley Young. The draw ended United's run of six straight wins and left Louis van Gaal's side seven points off the pace in third place, while West Ham United, Southampton and Tottenham Hotspur all closed on them.

At the Etihad Stadium, City started with James Milner as an auxiliary striker and after growing into the game, the champions went ahead four minutes into the second half. From Fernandinho's pass, Pablo Zabaleta scuttled into the area before cutting the ball back for Silva, who beat Julian Speroni with the aid of a deflection off Scott Dann.

Silva claimed his second goal in the 61st minute, neatly steering home at the near post from Aleksandar Kolarov's left-wing centre. James McArthur thought he had replied for Palace moments later when he headed Yannick Bolasie's cross past Hart, but although Fernandinho appeared to have played him onside, the assistant referee's flag went up. Toure made the game safe for City in the 81st minute, collecting a square pass from Milner and slamming home left-footed at the near post.

Villa frustrate United, Austin scores hat-trick in QPR win
Christian Benteke put Villa 1-0 up in the 18th minute at home against United by chesting down a deep free-kick, stepping inside Jonny Evans and curling a fine left-foot shot inside the left-hand post.

David de Gea produced a stunning save to tip a header from Benteke over the bar early in the second half, before Falcao met Young's cross with a powerful 53rd-minute header to claim his first goal since October. United's record signing Angel di Maria made his return from a hamstring injury as a replacement for Robin van Persie, but despite Agbonlahor being shown a straight red card for catching Young, Villa held on.

Fourth-place West Ham are now just a point behind United after beating bottom club Leicester City 2-0 at Upton Park. Andy Carroll seized on West Ham old boy Paul Konchesky's disastrous back-pass to put the hosts ahead in the 24th minute and Stewart Downing made it 2-0 in the 56th minute with a stunning 25-yard effort.

Southampton are two points further back after ending a five-game losing streak by beating Everton 3-0 thanks to a Romelu Lukaku own goal and second-half efforts from Graziano Pelle and Maya Yoshida.

Tottenham leapfrogged Arsenal, who host Liverpool on Sunday, by beating Burnley 2-1. Ashley Barnes cancelled out Harry Kane's headed opener for Spurs with a blistering shot from 20 yards, but Erik Lamela gave the hosts victory with a swerving long-range effort ten minutes before half-time.

Charlie Austin took his tally for the season to 11 goals with a hat-trick as Queens Park Rangers came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 at home to West Bromwich Albion, who scored through Joleon Lescott and Silvestre Varela. The win took QPR out of the relegation zone, but Hull City remain in the bottom three after Jonjo Shelvey's shot deflected in off Ki Sung-Yueng to earn Swansea City a 1-0 victory at the KC Stadium

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 30, 2014, 12:28:06 PM »
What!!!!!!!!!!!!! This forum have to be drunk. Liverpool beat Swansea and not an iota of comment? Pool fans, allyuh is macajuel now. All that food and liquor put allyuh to sleep!!!!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 30, 2014, 02:13:14 PM »
What!!!!!!!!!!!!! This forum have to be drunk. Liverpool beat Swansea and not an iota of comment? Pool fans, allyuh is macajuel now. All that food and liquor put allyuh to sleep!!!!

Daiz cause they know that "new" tactics cyah win nothing other than a few games vs middle level teams.

Swansea didn't even try to do anything. They just went through the motion.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 17, 2015, 01:25:43 PM »
Shocking o call by the Ref to deny NC a penalty on a blatant handball.

On the other side Elia made himself known.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: March 21, 2015, 07:11:43 AM »
I don't know what went on with that red card, but the ref make this game real boring.
Pulis have no problems dropping everybody into the box.

Navas must have some dirt on Pellegrini, his wide play and crosses are terrible.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 21, 2015, 10:13:37 AM »
Newcastle scored a beautiful goal on the Gunners. But Arsenal holding on 2-1.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: March 21, 2015, 01:55:14 PM »
I don't know what went on with that red card, but the ref make this game real boring.
Pulis have no problems dropping everybody into the box.

Navas must have some dirt on Pellegrini, his wide play and crosses are terrible.

His crosses are errant at times, but his pace and playmaking ability on the right are a real threat.  Not sure they have a replacement for him in bothy attack and defense on the right.

Newcastle scored a beautiful goal on the Gunners. But Arsenal holding on 2-1.

It really was a sweet goal... Ayoze Perez is a player, as is Remy Cabella.  I thought the two of them, Mousa Sissokho and Darryl Janmaat were the standout players for Newcastle and the first three combined nicely to slice Arsenal apart for the Newcastle goal.  Newcastle were unfortunate not to get anything from the game, good game for the neutral, despite the low score.

1]; } ?>