March 28, 2024, 12:58:29 PM

Author Topic: English Premier League (EPL) Thread  (Read 256495 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: English Premier League (EPL) Thread
« Reply #1950 on: October 04, 2020, 02:35:09 PM »
'pool get hit for 7 how d f**k i miss dat :D
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: October 05, 2020, 03:41:39 AM »
:wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: The purge is on at Old Trafford.

I actually like the MU players. The backroom needs a purge  ;D

Couldn't have happened against a nicer guy at a worse time is what OGS must be thinking.

I agree regarding the players. On balance, given the returns and the table, plus the dynamics of this particular loss, the technical staff will be under pressure.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 03:43:13 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: October 05, 2020, 03:52:16 AM »

So many things went wrong for them, yet Salah was Salah.  That's always encouraging.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: October 05, 2020, 05:23:05 AM »

So many things went wrong for them, yet Salah was Salah.  That's always encouraging.
dat dangerously high line being exposed badly this season. When cogs missing dat system vulnerable
I pity the fool....

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: October 05, 2020, 11:11:41 AM »

Couldn't have happened against a nicer guy at a worse time is what OGS must be thinking.

I agree regarding the players. On balance, given the returns and the table, plus the dynamics of this particular loss, the technical staff will be under pressure.

I wonder if Liverpool's loss will eclipse MU's in the Media and buy OGS some time?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: October 05, 2020, 04:01:11 PM »

I wonder if Liverpool's loss will eclipse MU's in the Media and buy OGS some time?

OGS better get his D fence in order. Sancho, Sancho!!!. A good defensive mid-field and super stopper is what they need.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: October 07, 2020, 12:29:43 PM »

OGS better get his D fence in order. Sancho, Sancho!!!. A good defensive mid-field and super stopper is what they need.
The Glazers and Woodward should not be handling transfers. They need to hire a technical director.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1957 on: October 11, 2020, 12:57:59 AM »
Premier League goes pay-per-view with games closed for fans
By Rob Harris (AP).

LONDON (AP) — The Premier League is going pay-per-view in Britain for the first time in 13 years to broadcast some of the matches fans cannot attend due to the pandemic and to raise additional revenue for clubs.

Only 200 of the 380 games a season are contracted to be aired domestically despite global audiences being able to watch all of them live.

With coronavirus restrictions preventing fans attending games since March, the Premier League made every game in each round available live in its home market on Sky, BT, Amazon or the BBC.

But now that the government has halted moves to bring back fans due to a spike in coronavirus infections, the clubs have decided on a new temporary system to continue making all matches available live in Britain.

For half of the 10 matches in each round, viewers will be asked to pay an additional fee of around $20 to watch them on top of their usual subscriptions for Comcast-owned Sky Sports and BT Sport.

The Premier League is already generating 5 billion pounds ($6.5 billion) domestically in the 2019-22 rights cycle and 4 billion pounds ($5 billion) from overseas deals.

Friday's move by the clubs was condemned by one of the faces of Sky Sports, Gary Neville, the former Manchester United and England defender who is now a leading pundit.

“This is a really bad move by the @premierleague to charge £14.95 for single matches that have been shown free for 6 months,” Neville tweeted.

The Premier League said it was an “interim solution” so fans can still watch their teams live.

“The agreement will be regularly reviewed in consultation with clubs and in line with any decisions made by government regarding the return of spectators to stadiums," the league said. “Football is not the same without supporters at matches. The Premier League and our clubs remain committed to the safe return of fans as soon as possible.”

The Premier League last aired some games on PPV domestically from 2001 to 2007.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: October 11, 2020, 02:32:46 AM »
New normal, they better deal with it. But I will not be paying any pay per view for football.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: October 14, 2020, 10:41:34 AM »
New normal, they better deal with it. But I will not be paying any pay per view for football.
You get your peacock subscription yet?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1960 on: October 15, 2020, 02:00:43 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/stoppeacocktv/

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: October 16, 2020, 09:55:58 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/stoppeacocktv/
Nice one Flex :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: October 18, 2020, 09:53:31 AM »
Dear West Ham Board and Fans,

After careful consideration, I submit my resignation.

I will not be entertaining any future coaching opportunities in the Premier League.

Sincerely,
David William Moyes.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: October 18, 2020, 01:14:20 PM »
Dear West Ham Board and Fans,

After careful consideration, I submit my resignation.

I will not be entertaining any future coaching opportunities in the Premier League.

Sincerely,
David William Moyes.
Epic come back though.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 28, 2020, 09:06:45 PM »
Leeds have been playing some entertaining football. They haven't been backing down from any opponent either. I know most of us on here mainly watch the top 6 clubs but checkout Leeds, you'll be in for a treat.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: November 28, 2020, 11:35:02 PM »
Leeds have been playing some entertaining football. They haven't been backing down from any opponent either. I know most of us on here mainly watch the top 6 clubs but checkout Leeds, you'll be in for a treat.

I saw the game. They played well. Rafhina goal was superb. I don't know why people are underestimating Leeds. As a matter of fact, underestimate any premier league team on a given at your own peril. Even the cellar dwellers.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 11:37:10 PM by Deeks »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1966 on: December 03, 2020, 03:28:13 PM »
Premier League agrees £250m EFL bailout
James Olley
Senior Writer, ESPN FC

The Premier League and the English Football League have agreed a £250 million rescue package to help tackle the devastating financial impact of COVID-19.

Talks have been ongoing for months, in November the Department for Culture, Media and Sport arranged a Future of Football Round Table attended by key stakeholders with various aims including breaking the deadlock in negotiations, as revealed by ESPN.

An agreement was announced on Thursday in which the 24 Championship clubs will be given access to an interest-free £200m loan facility. The Premier League will pay up to £15m to secure the loan, which will be capped at £8.33m per club and must be repaid by June 2024.

The £50m deal for Leagues One and Two is broken down into a £30m grant handed to clubs based on lost gate receipts from the 2019-20 season and 2020-21 season.

Fans returned to EFL grounds for the first time in nine months on Wednesday, which is capped in alignment with the UK's coronavirus tiering system with restrictions determined by region.

League One clubs will receive a minimum payment of £375,000 while League Two clubs get at least £250,000.

The remaining £20m is available in the form of a "Monitored Grant" on a need-only basis with clubs given the chance to apply to a joint Premier League and EFL panel for access to funds.

EFL chair, Rick Parry, said: "Our overarching aim throughout this process has been to ensure that all EFL clubs survive the financial impact of the pandemic. I am pleased that we have now reached a resolution on behalf of our clubs and as we have maintained throughout this will provide much needed support and clarity following months of uncertainty.

"I would like to thank [chief executive] Richard Masters and [chairman] Gary Hoffman for their efforts on behalf of the Premier League, and of course their shareholders, for making this welcome, tangible commitment to the professional game at a time when it has needed it most."

Masters said: "The Premier League is a huge a supporter of the football pyramid and is well aware of the important role clubs play in their communities. Our commitment is that no EFL club need go out of business due to COVID-19.

"All football clubs continue to suffer significant financial losses as a result of the pandemic, but Premier League Shareholders today unanimously agreed to provide additional funding and support for EFL clubs in real financial distress.

"We are very pleased to have reached this agreement and we stand together with the EFL in our commitment to protect all clubs in these unprecedented times."

Meanwhile, as part of the pledge to promote equality and prevent discrimination in football, the Premier League has adopted the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's (IHRA) working definition of antisemitism.

Executive director, Bill Bush said: "The Premier League is committed to tackling any form of discrimination in football. Our adoption of the IHRA's working definition will enable us to be more effective in dealing with any antisemitic behaviour targeting our clubs or personnel. The adoption of the IHRA's working definition of antisemitism is the latest step in the Premier League's continued work to ensure that football is a welcoming environment for all."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: January 02, 2021, 08:10:48 AM »
The points table is insane.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: January 03, 2021, 11:10:00 AM »
That 3rd City goal ... Sterling/De Bruyne. Hmm.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: January 04, 2021, 01:28:22 PM »

What is so insane about the points table?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: January 04, 2021, 01:58:22 PM »

Even with four teams with two matches in hand, the one obvious revelation is parity further down the table than I think is typical. Certainly if you compare it to the points accumulation of the Scottish league, there is no argument. But even a glance at the Primeira Liga, Serie A, the Eredivisie and the Championship highlight the difference.

Ligue 1, the Bundesliga (sort of) and the Belgian league are closer to the spread in England - but still.

Match congestion and injury management/prevention are going to be intriguing things to interrogate as the season progresses.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 02:12:26 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: January 04, 2021, 02:50:07 PM »

Even with four teams with two matches in hand, the one obvious revelation is parity further down the table than I think is typical. Certainly if you compare it to the points accumulation of the Scottish league, there is no argument. But even a glance at the Primeira Liga, Serie A, the Eredivisie and the Championship highlight the difference.

Ligue 1, the Bundesliga (sort of) and the Belgian league are closer to the spread in England - but still.

Match congestion and injury management/prevention are going to be intriguing things to interrogate as the season progresses.

I will agree with you on that. The thing is, underestimate a bottom team at your own peril. Right now Southampton leading Liverpool 1-0. 'pool having more possession.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: January 04, 2021, 04:00:06 PM »
Things are shaping up such that this Southampton victory will be a big part of the story at the end of the season.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #1973 on: January 04, 2021, 04:41:38 PM »
Happy for the victorious Southampton squad. Love when some underdogs defeat top teams; standings shape could be interesting as the season continues.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: January 25, 2021, 12:53:23 PM »
Lampard got the axe. In professional sport, is not that you won a trophy last year. Is what have you done for me this year. Lennon, the Celtic coach is also on the brink.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/index.html

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: January 25, 2021, 12:56:21 PM »
Happy for the victorious Southampton squad. Love when some underdogs defeat top teams; standings shape could be interesting as the season continues.

Yes, they are playing some good football. I like Southampton red uniform with the white diagonal sash across the front. The white uniform with red sash nice too. Would like to see the national get that design.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: January 25, 2021, 06:14:38 PM »
Has anybody checked out Carlo's Everton at all this season, dat team look like dey go be dismantling real opponents this year similar to Chelsea in 2010, Never forgave the Russian for letting Carlo go and in such a disrespectful fashion, Ray Wilkins too

Add: Everton v Liverpool go be ah must watch

With two matches in hand, Everton could play devil takes the hindmost for a CL spot.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: February 25, 2021, 07:02:14 AM »

The secret to Manchester City's success? 'We have a lot of MONEY', says Pep Guardiola as boss refreshingly admits their £2BILLION spending is the main driver behind 19-game winning streak

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9298571/Pep-Guardiola-says-secret-Manchester-Citys-success-having-lot-MONEY.html#comments

At least he is being honest.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1978 on: March 24, 2021, 01:39:38 AM »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: April 05, 2021, 11:35:49 PM »
Jesse Lingard is rejuvenated and is putting in Messi-esque contributions. Top goal and build ups to goals vs Wolves.

1]; } ?>