April 27, 2024, 10:18:03 AM

Author Topic: Men's football Captain Julius James named to M.A.C. Hermann Trophy watch list  (Read 3944 times)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Men's football Captain Julius James named to M.A.C. Hermann Trophy watch list
UCONN Huskies

STORRS, Conn. (August 17, 2006) - University of Connecticut men’s soccer player Julius James (Maloney Gardens, Trinidad) has been named to the 2006 Missouri Athletic Club’s Hermann Trophy Watch List for the second consecutive season. The complete list of 25, announced by the Missouri Athletic Club, was compiled by a panel of coaches from the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA).

In his sophomore season at UConn in 2005, James played and started in all 21 games, helping anchor the nationally-ranked defense that allowed an average of just 0.56 goals per game, while posting 14 shutouts. Powered by the sophomore defender, the Huskies gave up just two goals at home during the regular season and 12 overall, going undefeated within the confines of Joseph J. Morrone Stadium. On the attack, he scored two goals, one against George Mason (9/9) and another on the road vs. Notre Dame (10/8).

James received numerous accolades for his performance in 2005, including SoccerTimes.com and Soccer America First Team All-American nods, as well as NSCAA Second Team All-American recognition and First Team New England honors. In addition, he was named the BIG EAST Defender of the Year, as well as a conference Defensive Player of the Week on two occasions.

The list also features fellow BIG EAST players Greg Dalby from Notre Dame and Rodrigo Hildago from USF. The remaining talent on this year’s watch list is spread geographically, by position and by class. There are 13 seniors, nine juniors and three sophomores, and only three schools (Clemson, North Carolina and North Carolina-Greensboro) have two players on the list.

The winner of the M.A.C.’s Hermann Trophy will be determined in voting by NSCAA Division I member coaches. A list of 15 semifinalists will be announced in early November, with three finalists announced in late November. They will be invited to St. Louis on Saturday, Dec. 2, for the announcement of the winner at a press conference to be held in conjunction with the Men’s College Cup. Both the men’s and women’s winners will be presented the prestigious crystal soccer ball trophy at a banquet later that evening.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 06:25:03 PM by Tallman »
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: julius making de news again
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 05:50:54 PM »
I am moving to that neck of the woods (and I mean woods) soon and I will try to take in some UConn weekend games this semester.

I will tell him the short man send meh.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Question for those in the know....
For his development would it not be better for him to move to Europe now??
Can't somebody alert some scouts about this guy before we loose him to the MLS or worse ??

Or should we wait till he gets his Degree??

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Question for those in the know....
For his development would it not be better for him to move to Europe now??
Can't somebody alert some scouts about this guy before we loose him to the MLS or worse ??

Or should we wait till he gets his Degree??

He needs to get his degree easier to make the transition to europe as a defender than as an all out rahim didnt make it and he didnt finish his degree  peeps need things to fall back on.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

well dont julius man..

wa degree him trying to get so???

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I think julius should get his degree play and  in the mls for a few seasons.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If he is as good as they are rating him up to be then what does the MLS have to offer him ??

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
he's doing classes all summer to finish school by jan next year

as far as tryouts and all that,if he goes on any right now he'll loose his scholarship

trust me his boy told him  ;D to finish his degree.

i was sworn to secercy to say anymore  :-X

and jdb pm meh when yuh move over they and i would get you the schedule and all neccesary info

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If he is as good as they are rating him up to be then what does the MLS have to offer him ??

A nice transition into profootball...  ;)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Not taking away from the most obvious point of getting education, the quicker our players get international experience and quality coaching the better. Just the other day there was a post about young USA players going abroad to Portugal and other places.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
julius finally ah dun kno where meh senior team 2010 ticket coming from

julius in d back alone  7 in d middle and 2 up front :devil:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Not taking away from the most obvious point of getting education, the quicker our players get international experience and quality coaching the better. Just the other day there was a post about young USA players going abroad to Portugal and other places.

fire bun football let meh boy finish school first then we could worry bout sharing blade ;D

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

fire bun football let meh boy finish school first then we could worry bout sharing blade ;D
Ahright Ahright ah was just trying to get some feedback.  :thumbsup:

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
you and Julius like TI and Hardest

Més que un club.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Hopefully Movant pick a better man.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
if me doh like u disgruntled me go ded ;D

so ah go take yuh last statement bout meh boy morvant and smile ;D ;D

hope u go be online saturday mornin when stern score he first hattrick ah d season
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile

if yuh have nuttin to say spit nah

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

but them guys are in thier teens and they are joining the academys. Plus these US guys went on trials so we could send a few young player on trials to  see if they make the grade

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
thanks for the update...well done Julius!! :)
reading that report was getting confusing, tho'.. ''shutout"???
whaaaat?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
thanks for the update...well done Julius!! :)
reading that report was getting confusing, tho'.. ''shutout"???
whaaaat?

a shutout is when a defence doh get no goal. i doh have any oda way to explain it ;D

1]; } ?>