April 24, 2024, 10:47:20 PM

Author Topic: Little Dwight set to repeat history  (Read 4724 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Little Dwight set to repeat history
« on: June 22, 2005, 07:33:38 PM »
Little Dwight set to repeat history
By Nicholas Clarke (Trinidad Guardian)

Little Dwight Yorke traps the football during a practice session.

Happy to show-off his ball control skills

Down through the ages, history has tended to repeat itself. Napoleon, the European imperialist, saw his unstoppable armies defeated by Russian forces, as did Hitler two centuries later.

Iraq was invaded twice within the space of a dozen years by an American President named George Bush, and the great Brian Lara broke the world record on an April afternoon against the English in St. John’s, Antigua on two separate occasions.

To this list of coincidences, we should soon add the second coming of a young T&T footballer named Dwight Yorke.

Four-year-old Dwight Yorke of Arima or “Little” Dwight Yorke as he is known as by his admirers along the East-West Corridor hopes to become the next big thing in local football.

Dwight has been playing since he started walking not too long ago and has taken to the game quite naturally.

Those who have seen him in action are amazed at his natural ability and feel that he is destined to follow in the footsteps of his celebrated namesake.

He practises with his dad, Ian, two hours a day and has already developed skills in heading, scooping and shooting at goal. His heroes in football are his namesake “Big” Dwight Yorke and David Beckham.

His father, Ian, plans to send him to a coaching school when he reaches the age of five which is a distant 10 months from now — a regulation that has been the cause for much frustration.

In his spare time, Dwight also loves going to football games where he picks up new moves which he will try out the next day. In twenty years or so, we are likely to experience the wrath of this boy wonder.

“The world has to watch out!” says Ian.

Little Dwight Yorke is armed with his full football kit and his personal coach, his Dad Ian.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 01:23:37 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

truetrini

Re: Little Dwight set to repeat history
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 07:59:33 PM »
ah like he fadder tugs  :)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 08:05:20 PM »

Yea boy..dat 5 pegs looking dangerous. Best of luck young DY!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 08:17:22 PM »
Hmm he look left footttedddd....leoooooooooooooo beeennnieeeee

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 08:23:06 PM »
We need more of this in trinidad and tobago big up to the daddy keep on pushing little dwight
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 11:01:30 PM »

Think da is the new nike replacable pegs, with blue straps

And I agree TnT need more of these happenings

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 11:10:34 PM »
his shin guards are not worn correctly!! swith the left and right. ;D
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 01:47:47 AM »
Allyuh men jokey oui to talk bout he shin guards and he fadda nice pair of tugs. To start wit ah hope he eh trapping ball like dat. Dat trap is out dated. Man doh step on de ball so anymore unless dey dribbling. The problem wit dat trap is dat it takes the player's eyes off the ball. The least amount of unneccessary looking down, de better de vision of de player and it also limits the ability of the player to pass the ball off quickly with either foot. But it eh too late...de boy have time on he side.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 05:41:53 AM »

lol....allyuh real jokey.  De faddah wearing ah new style that Ronaldinho will be wearing at the next World Cup.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 07:13:19 AM »
Allyuh men jokey oui to talk bout he shin guards and he fadda nice pair of tugs. To start wit ah hope he eh trapping ball like dat. Dat trap is out dated. Man doh step on de ball so anymore unless dey dribbling. The problem wit dat trap is dat it takes the player's eyes off the ball. The least amount of unneccessary looking down, de better de vision of de player and it also limits the ability of the player to pass the ball off quickly with either foot. But it eh too late...de boy have time on he side.

At least he could trap.  Dat is better than 90% of de national team.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 08:01:04 AM »
I'm not critiqueing anyone this is just a bit of advice for this little kid's father,at his age he should be useing a size 3 ball,also he should not be heading a Football,i also hope he is not heading that size 5 ball. 

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 08:08:33 AM »
I'm not critiqueing anyone this is just a bit of advice for this little kid's father,at his age he should be useing a size 3 ball,also he should not be heading a Football,i also hope he is not heading that size 5 ball. 

good call dey coop's...cause ah know of someone who was 4 and dey fadder was advised not to have him kickin ah size 5 ball...pops did not listen and de chile blow out he knee.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 08:29:00 AM »

I was just about to post the very same thing.  A size 3 is what he should be using.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 09:00:16 AM »

good call dey coop's...cause ah know of someone who was 4 and dey fadder was advised not to have him kickin ah size 5 ball...pops did not listen and de chile blow out he knee.

Good information guys, but I would just like to congratulate the father for the time he is spending with his son trying to give him the tools to be successful in the game.  If the acadamis in Trinidad were willing to take him before five years old then all of that might have been corrected.  I know a lot of guys that played and is not taking the time to teach their kids, they are relying on others to teach them.  I am sure the dad is doing the best that he could with limited resources as it relates to some of the stuff highlighted by Voop's and others.  Again, congratulations and keep up the good work.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 09:04:55 AM »

You serious or is rum talking. The foc*%# child is 4. Allyuh really good we
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 09:32:22 AM »
Triniman da is de best ting you ever write and Savannah boy you might want to consult Doctor Ah Ah because Head Gone...    Nice 411 for dey daddy to from Coop's
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 09:33:25 AM »
In reply to Observer

Wha happen to yuh at all?  Yuh eh know Savannah is big time coach coachin dah age group?  Yuh questionin de man expertise?

;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 09:35:32 AM »
Guys it's amazeing what this little kid can do, but i can tell you i teach 3,4 and 5 yr old kids and there are things you just don't do,at that age it's all about fun,we don't have or keep scores as a matter of fact games are not competitive,all games are Soccer related and the win/loose mentality is kept out.
 Â   At these ages it's more about introduction than teaching so what you are looking for is maximum partcipation,progression in Soccer is age appropriate and as you get older and more experienced you are moved a step further(more challenges).At certain ages you play with different size balls and that's mandated by USSF and that goes for everything.
 Â   Sometimes we see young players give up the game or fall by the wayside and wonder why,i often tell kids out here if you not having fun forget it,that's what drove us to play we used to play in the old days we just loved to play.  

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2005, 10:44:48 AM »
Observer, ah coaching KLM at dis time...dat trap is not allowed from four years old and up. Is not rum talking, is technical knowledge from a certified coach. If he start off like dat, is not a good beginning. Basics are the foundation from 4 years and up. By the time youths are 15-17, man done eyeing dem fuh future National Senior Team Duty. Dem kinda attitude is why we get left out at de youth level. It starts at 4 years old out here in Canada and in de U.S when I was living over dey...same fuh Europe. Yuh feel ah lie, arks, Alberta Trini and SH. Dat trap banned from de time ah youth touch a ball even at four!!! Like ah say is not too late to receive proper coaching. Based on he fadda tugs, ah see why he trapping like you and Mr. Diaphram.  ;D  Coops is right to an extent about not pushing too much but that does not get in the way of foundation. Dis is a must. Trapping and passing drills are aplenty at dis level.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 10:51:00 AM by Savannah boy »

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2005, 11:12:48 AM »
At certain ages you play with different size balls and that's mandated by USSF and that goes for everything.

Coops, this was mandated by FIFA.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2005, 04:55:15 PM »
At certain ages you play with different size balls and that's mandated by USSF and that goes for everything.

Coops, this was mandated by FIFA.
I know this,i just said USSF because i Coach here and they enforce it,it just seems to me like that's not the norm in T&T everybody just does their own thing,let ppl home know what FIFA mandate. 

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2005, 11:17:45 PM »
Savannah right scenerio wrong situation. Does it really look like de youthman trappin a ball,  yeh, with another ball in his hand or was it the pic where he was turning on de ball because it cya be de one whey he and he fadda staring in de tugs. So yuh coming down on this youth unjustly. I cya see no trap and then yuh went further to build a whole case off of your "seemingly" mis-observation.

So de ting set up....

Diaphram, lol I-man doh deal with no contraceptive meh bredda. lol
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2005, 12:31:40 AM »
Mr. Diaphram, dat is yuh nephew or what? De only case ah building is wit Observer saying dat he is only four years old. Sorry but dat is no excuse. No baller in any decent KLM program where children start at FOUR will trap so. Is sumting between me and Observer...jes friendly banter. I on real good terms wit Observer. My lil shit talk was with him.

Now why yuh dasheen so like ah wednesday?
Is de picture dat say he trap not me...yuh blind or what??? Is Nicholas Clarke dat write dat in he article under de photo. Read de original article dat post nah boy. Dis is what I wrote: "To start wit ah hope he eh trapping ball like dat." Hope is not a word that conforms to judgement or analysis. Next time doh break biche when comprehension class going on. Get it right before yuh try to jump on meh back.

On a serious level, I am more against the promotion of dat as a trap in de national media. I not concerned whether lil Dwight does trap so or not. He might be next Pele fuh all we know. I am concerned because dis style of trapping is very commonplace in T&T. Yuh see it in the SSFL all de time. We lacking a little at de foundation level. Even youths who fadda and dem pay big $$$ to go Corneal or La Foucarde School coming out trapping so. We need to modernize a lil. Fuhget lil Dwight, fuhget Observer and me chatting...ah hope ah bringing across meh point now in a better manner...didn't mean to mislead anyone. I plead guilty to mixing humour and seriousness at de same time.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 12:53:38 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2005, 03:26:13 PM »
no he is not meh nephew and doh plead guilty, practice does become perfect.

Warriors till de Red drop off!!

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2005, 03:55:15 PM »
no he is not meh nephew and doh plead guilty, practice does become perfect.

Warriors till de Red drop off!!

had a likkle laugh during the Mexico vs Argentina opening about 2 minutes in Cambiasso trap ah ball exactly like meh boy Savannah say he should not. Check it Savannah  ;D hahahah Ah know wha yuh go say he had time and space  ;D then again all I could see was you holding yuh head an bawlin
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2005, 11:28:33 PM »
Is not me dat cyah read properly Diaphram. I neva say de boy does trap so. Ah say ah hope he doh trap so. The only thing established here is dat yuh comprehension bad.

As fuh Observer, wha yuh want meh to say... if yuh doh have ah technical background, is like casting pearls before swine. Men like allyuh does only appreciate useful tips from foreigners. People still sole trapping but...read below...ah jes copying it from one of my manuals.

Offensive Skills:

Receiving the ball: This skill is also called “trapping” the ball, and it is the most important skill in soccer. It is absolutely necessary to know how to trap the ball well in order to perform the other skills of soccer. The key points a player must remember about receiving or trapping a ball are to move the body behind the ball, decide which body part to use to trap the ball, and to relax that body part for control.

The most common and reliable method for receiving a ball is to use the inside of the foot. To use this method, a player must turn his foot out to meet the ball with the inside of the foot. The player then absorbs the ball by moving the foot back with the ball, slowing it down. Finally, the foot is brought far back for control, and then is brought forward with the ball to advance.

This method is considered the most reliable because the ball is centered in front of the player for quick distribution to either the left or right with minimal motion with the luxury of passing with either foot. It also maximizes field vision and response time.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 12:23:49 AM by Savannah boy »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2005, 06:41:54 AM »
Is not me dat cyah read properly Diaphram. I neva say de boy does trap so. Ah say ah hope he doh trap so. The only thing established here is dat yuh comprehension bad.

As fuh Observer, wha yuh want meh to say... if yuh doh have ah technical background, is like casting pearls before swine. Men like allyuh does only appreciate useful tips from foreigners. People still sole trapping but...read below...ah jes copying it from one of my manuals.

Offensive Skills:

Receiving the ball: This skill is also called “trapping” the ball, and it is the most important skill in soccer. It is absolutely necessary to know how to trap the ball well in order to perform the other skills of soccer. The key points a player must remember about receiving or trapping a ball are to move the body behind the ball, decide which body part to use to trap the ball, and to relax that body part for control.

The most common and reliable method for receiving a ball is to use the inside of the foot. To use this method, a player must turn his foot out to meet the ball with the inside of the foot. The player then absorbs the ball by moving the foot back with the ball, slowing it down. Finally, the foot is brought far back for control, and then is brought forward with the ball to advance.

This method is considered the most reliable because the ball is centered in front of the player for quick distribution to either the left or right with minimal motion with the luxury of passing with either foot. It also maximizes field vision and response time.

Boy yuh skin thin we. By the way who write dat manual a Trini or foreigner  ;D Savannah I on kicks having some fun. You are right but the youth is 4 and it have more important things to be concerned about at that age.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 09:36:22 AM by Tallman »
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2005, 08:49:08 AM »
Doh sweat it Observer, everybody done say wha dey had to say. De topic stale and dead by now.

1]; } ?>