April 19, 2024, 11:53:04 PM

Author Topic: We need to follow Japan's footsteps  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We need to follow Japan's footsteps
« on: June 22, 2005, 09:14:03 PM »
Fellas,
I know y'all saw the Brazil Japan game. And although Brazil had 60% of the possession, a dozen more chances, and looked more dangerous, Japan held their own and managed to get a very respectable draw.
I think we should try to emulate Japan, and play their Brazilian style.
From what I have seen in the Mexico game, we seem to be heading in this direction, trying to keep possession with shorter passes in the midfield and maintaining a good structure and formation for the entire 90 mins.
Gone are the days when supposedly "weaker" teams simply succumb to their highly touted counterparts.
In other words, if we were to play Brazil, we should strive to win like Japan did today.
The only difference I saw between us and Japan is the speed and skill of their forwards and a creative midfielder in Nakata.
Let's follow Japan's example
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We need to follow Japan's footsteps
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 01:52:36 AM »
We have had Brazilian coaches before. Leave we Beenie alone fuh now please.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 05:56:12 AM »
People always saying we should play the Brazilian style for reasons such as we close to Brazil and our culture similar.  However we had Brazilian coaches in the past and they were unsuccessful (Simoes should have been kept longer though).  It might be the case that we don't have the type of players to play the Brazilian style.  We need to stop thinking about Brazil, they have players like Ronaldinho, Kaka,etc., they could afford to play like that.

We playing "Leo" style.  It worked well so far, and I believe the team will improve a lot under him in the near future.  Our main concern is winning, I don't care about looking good right now.  Brazil looked good against Mexico and Japan and did not win either game.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 08:11:38 AM »
Japan have been playing good football for years now. Their players are technically quite good and they are very disciplined. Zico only building on what was in place already. Don't forget they played very well in the Confederation Cup in Japan, getting to the final and then played well in the WC 2002.

What you have to admire is their technique. Everyone seems so comfortable on the ball, compound that with speed and good team work and you have a nice squad. I enjoy watching Japan for years now and only a lack of a truly great striker keeping them from really making things happen.

As for Brazil they look very good in the first half and maybe should not have made those changes. With Adriano and Kaka off Japan were less concerned with defending and felt more comfortable going forward.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 09:57:20 AM »
I feel y'all not reading carefully enough. I said that we should continue in the direction that we are heading. For the man who said we should play "Leo" style, daz what I meant. Hence the words "same direction". All i meant was the styles are similar and we should try to keep improving the passing and possession in midfield, just like Brazil.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 11:11:34 AM »
I feel y'all not reading carefully enough. I said that we should continue in the direction that we are heading. For the man who said we should play "Leo" style, daz what I meant. Hence the words "same direction". All i meant was the styles are similar and we should try to keep improving the passing and possession in midfield, just like Brazil.

Sorry dey Marcos..I misunderstood your comments.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 12:22:45 PM »
Doh study it man

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 11:17:08 AM »
Doh study it man

Watching the Japan game versus brazil. they put a real scare in Brazil. Japan had a good goal called back when the score was 0-0. then at the end Marcos make a big save the ref said it crossed the end line yet gave Brazil the goal kick. Yuh know Brazil were nervous at the end when Ronaldinho dive for nothing and then taking long long to get up  ;D. I must say this game was a good advertisement for football.
plenty man say Brazil would be better defensively if they drop Roca Junior, so Perreira listen, drop Junior and to tell yuh the truth Brazil defense look worst

Brazil vs Germany go be fireworks, Brazil have the hands full with all dem crosses and German storming the box in the air. I still say Brazil can win the whole thing and I would love to see Brazil vs Argentina final. First they must deal with Germany & to do that they better not miss chances. Adriano need to step up. I really eh in no mood to listen to dem German talk shit. Beckenbauer done start. So hush he up now.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 11:32:34 AM »
In the 2002 World Cup Brazil played a 3-5-2..it look more like 5-3-2 to me.  Central defenders were Lucio, Edmilson and Roque Junior.  Cafu and Roberto Carlos..wingbacks..midfield of Gilberto Silva, Kleberson, Ronaldinho with Ronaldo and Rivaldo up front.

I think they have to go back to using 3 central defeners.  I am not impressed by Roque Junior..he had a good World Cup but before and after the WC he cause nuff heart attack.  Juan did not play well against Japan but he was excelelnt in the Copa America and a couple of WC qualifiers that I saw.  So I think they should go back to the system used by Scolari and start a cenrat defence of Lucio, Juan and Edmilson (if fit..injured for most of last season).

I think the current problem with Brazil is the team is not balanced.  Endless firepower(Ronaldo,Kaka, Ronaldinho,Adriano/Robinho, even Ze Roberto is very attack minded) but the team don't defend as a unit like the 2002 squad.  Currently Emerson is only defensive minded midfileder, in the 2002 WC squad both Kleberson and Gilberto Silva did a lot of dirty work and the other players (midfielders/forwards) pulled their weight as well.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 11:39:03 AM »
In the 2002 World Cup Brazil played a 3-5-2..it look more like 5-3-2 to me.  Central defenders were Lucio, Edmilson and Roque Junior.  Cafu and Roberto Carlos..wingbacks..midfield of Gilberto Silva, Kleberson, Ronaldinho with Ronaldo and Rivaldo up front.

I think they have to go back to using 3 central defeners.  I am not impressed by Roque Junior..he had a good World Cup but before and after the WC he cause nuff heart attack.  Juan did not play well against Japan but he was excelelnt in the Copa America and a couple of WC qualifiers that I saw.  So I think they should go back to the system used by Scolari and start a cenrat defence of Lucio, Juan and Edmilson (if fit..injured for most of last season).

I think the current problem with Brazil is the team is not balanced.  Endless firepower(Ronaldo,Kaka, Ronaldinho,Adriano/Robinho, even Ze Roberto is very attack minded) but the team don't defend as a unit like the 2002 squad.  Currently Emerson is only defensive minded midfileder, in the 2002 WC squad both Kleberson and Gilberto Silva did a lot of dirty work and the other players (midfielders/forwards) pulled their weight as well.

I think the two full/wing backs are the problem my self. they going forward but their defending real poor, they are getting beaten easily and putting real stress on the central defenders and central midfielders
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 11:39:54 AM »
Adriano ent pullin he weight.

Apart from the first goal he score aginst Greece he purgin.

If he get back he form Brazil will do it.

Doe frighten when World Cup come around they will be firing on all cyclinders then.this is just to get the kinks out.

You wouldnt believe the difference a Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Cafu makes.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2005, 11:45:09 AM »
Adriano ent pullin he weight.

Apart from the first goal he score aginst Greece he purgin.

If he get back he form Brazil will do it.

Doe frighten when World Cup come around they will be firing on all cyclinders then.this is just to get the kinks out.

You wouldnt believe the difference a Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Cafu makes.

I agree..I am a big Brazil fan but I was ready to retire Cafu but those missing guys will make a big difference.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 02:39:22 PM »
Let's not forget that the suad gets alot of time together to train b4 the world cup. They'll get their act together man.
I remember at the beginning of the last WC I was the only one backin Brazil.
D&^k riders and Bandwagoners were all over Argentina, Portugal and France esp after France demolished Scotland 5 nil or so in a warm up.
I was tellin ppl how Ronaldo was trainin and had recovered from his injury since I am a big ronaldo fan and was on his website everyday monitoring his progress.
Brazil is the most talented side and they have a good coach. Plus they have the X factor in Ronaldinho who seems determined to win another WC.
Once Ronaldo joins the squad look out.

PS Iz funny how man didn't know bout Ronaldinho b4 he join Barcelona eh. Where is Diego? Daz a calming influence in the midfield that they could use

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 03:01:40 PM »
Let's not forget that the suad gets alot of time together to train b4 the world cup. They'll get their act together man.
D&^k riders and Bandwagoners were all over Argentina, Portugal and France esp after France demolished Scotland 5 nil or so in a warm up.
I was tellin ppl how Ronaldo was trainin and had recovered from his injury since I am a big ronaldo fan and was on his website everyday monitoring his progress.
Brazil is the most talented side and they have a good coach. Plus they have the X factor in Ronaldinho who seems determined to win another WC.

PS Iz funny how man didn't know bout Ronaldinho b4 he join Barcelona eh. Where is Diego? Daz a calming influence in the midfield that they could use

Diego??? to do what in place of whom. The man struggle in Porto you expect him to step enn Brazil.
Who man did not know about Ronaldinho before Barca. Maybe U but everyone knew about him since he mash up Venezuela in a Copa America. That is why he went to France and then ManU, Real and Barca fight to buy him. You forget he played in 2002 WC before he went to Barca. Ronaldinho was no surprise. Now Eto he was the Wonder bag
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2005, 03:05:29 PM »
Eto'o wasn't no surprise needa if yuh been followin de spanish league... de man is 24 now and been in Spain since he was around 17...

Small trivia... name all Ronaldinho and Eto'o's clubs:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 03:18:25 PM »

Diego??? to do what in place of whom. The man struggle in Porto you expect him to step enn Brazil.
Who man did not know about Ronaldinho before Barca. Maybe U but everyone knew about him since he mash up Venezuela in a Copa America. That is why he went to France and then ManU, Real and Barca fight to buy him. You forget he played in 2002 WC before he went to Barca. Ronaldinho was no surprise. Now Eto he was the Wonder bag

Mr Know it all,
I want to know how many Ronaldinho jersey u see man sportin b4 he was at Barca

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 03:32:29 PM »
Mr Know it all,
I want to know how many Ronaldinho jersey u see man sportin b4 he was at Barca

I eh know if yuh dey with observer or me or both... but your question can be disregarded as plenty of de men who does be rocking replicas never even play moral... at least when i was home. Them is all bandwagon men and de men who does be annoying man like Touches with questions like, "who is tha white boy?" "Gally is stil de coach?" "Whey Latapy?"

But most football die-hards (I think most on this site as well as yourself) have they finger on the pulse of World football... and are never surprised when new talent arises. In fact we all have a few youths we follow waitin for them to make they mark in football and when they do we feel a sense of satisfaction that they make it as we thought they would...

If you follow all the youth world cups u-17 and u-20, invitational tournaments like the one in Toulon... and play all them video game... yes video games... like Football Manager (Championship Mgr)... you go know all the youth ballers who up and coming...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 05:08:43 PM »
By the way this is for Observer,
Diego is a class player.
I bet man like u woulda write off Riquelme after his stint with Barca.
Look at the Confederations Cup, the man runnin it for Argentina.
I bet u mus be sayin "Riquelme??"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 05:29:08 PM »
By the way this is for Observer,
Diego is a class player.
I bet man like u woulda write off Riquelme after his stint with Barca.
Look at the Confederations Cup, the man runnin it for Argentina.
I bet u mus be sayin "Riquelme??"

I never say Diego cannot play & said he struggled with Porto this season. He is just 20
and in time may step up. Then again

Answer meh question Diego in place of whom?

Next, because man eh sporting replica means people did not know about Ronaldinho.

How many Gremio or PSG Jersey you see on sale, anywhere???

As for Requilme man sharing Requilme video on this site  since he days with Boca
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 07:35:07 PM »
I think we should try to emulate Japan, and play their Brazilian style.

Sorry dey Marcos, de line above mislead meh...Thanks fuh de clarification.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 07:37:33 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 08:24:34 PM »
The first step to emulating Japan is to the Develop our domestic league. We currently can't play that style without providing players of that quality. It must start with youth development. We need to formulate and implement policies to improve the competitiveness of the Pro League. Those Japanese players are holding their own because they've gained sufficient experience in not only the National team but in their clubs. You can't  "organise" good ball control, tactical awareness and shooting that must come from the players themselves. Players are a product of the club and therefore their league.

Trinidad and Tobago is at least 5 years away from the Japanese brand. Let's not lose sight of reality, Japan is truly a World Class team, they are virtually certain to advance to the round of 16 at the WC. 

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2005, 05:37:42 AM »
The first step to emulating Japan is to the Develop our domestic league. We currently can't play that style without providing players of that quality. It must start with youth development. We need to formulate and implement policies to improve the competitiveness of the Pro League. Those Japanese players are holding their own because they've gained sufficient experience in not only the National team but in their clubs. You can't  "organise" good ball control, tactical awareness and shooting that must come from the players themselves. Players are a product of the club and therefore their league.

Trinidad and Tobago is at least 5 years away from the Japanese brand. Let's not lose sight of reality, Japan is truly a World Class team, they are virtually certain to advance to the round of 16 at the WC. 

Well said
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>