March 28, 2024, 05:20:25 AM

Author Topic: Which player in world football now reminds you of Latapy??  (Read 10806 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Which player in world football now reminds you of Latapy??
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 04:46:05 AM »
Zidane same flair, both are mids.

Sorry..but Zidane is an absolute original in his own right and has done things on a field that noone even tries. Latas is a boss...but Zidane is the absolute modern day great. We starting to get a lil' carried away now. Same flair..boss? Zidane will trap a ball with more flair than any player on the planet...forget about the rest of his game. Latas eh start to flick, cap and roly poly man like dat yet. And you ever see Latas butt a man in his chest like dat? steeups..Latas butt technique eh want nutten wit Zidane  ;D (is de ras)

Respek coach..If dat is what you think, cool. Cyah fault you for bigging up one of our own. But I really feel Zidane in a class above Latas

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2006, 05:32:25 AM »
I never saw him at his peak. How good was he ?

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 05:11:10 PM »
let the talk done nobody latas is boss and that is finall. I am happy to have the oppunity to watch from the very early stages, and also can someone tell the T and T have an under 13 or under 14 before latas came around

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 05:19:49 PM »
Zidane same flair, both are mids.

Sorry..but Zidane is an absolute original in his own right and has done things on a field that noone even tries. Latas is a boss...but Zidane is the absolute modern day great. We starting to get a lil' carried away now. Same flair..boss? Zidane will trap a ball with more flair than any player on the planet...forget about the rest of his game. Latas eh start to flick, cap and roly poly man like dat yet. And you ever see Latas butt a man in his chest like dat? steeups..Latas butt technique eh want nutten wit ZidaneĀ  ;D (is de ras)

Respek coach..If dat is what you think, cool. Cyah fault you for bigging up one of our own. But I really feel Zidane in a class above Latas

It would be nice to see both a dem playin together on de same team at least for one game tho.  That would be sweet eh?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2006, 12:07:43 AM »
pablo aimar from argentina is somwehat similar. But latas technique is hard to duplicate.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2006, 05:05:37 AM »
De little magician on he way out... missing him already.. no one quite like him nuh..

but can you think of any other player in football now who remind you of Latas??

for me, watching this man brand, vision and touches, its.. Ivan De La Pena
no one close enough but ball control and ability to weave in and out of players, kleb of arsenal has it talent.

I remember the first time I ever saw latas play for rangers, I think he set up marco negri in that game who was leathal in the SPL at the time.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2006, 05:58:56 AM »
Blasphemous thread !!  :devil:
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2006, 08:41:00 AM »
All I have to say is Sando Tech!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2006, 12:03:21 PM »
jay jay okocha

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2006, 02:23:39 PM »
ribbit who you say jay jay who get real man is latas we stay stay focus

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2006, 04:10:21 PM »
I'm in Scotland at the moment and caught the extended highlights of Falkirk's game at the weekend. I could see why Beenhakker kept Latas on the sidelines at the World Cup - Latas literally walked around the field whole match.

But his goal was pure class. He received the ball at the edge of the box, twisted to make space between a couple of defenders and then curled a shot into the top corner from the edge of the box with absolutely no backlift. Kinda reminded me of Ronaldinho versus Chelsea 2 seasons ago...maybe not quite in the same category, but it still showed how much skill the man has, even at his age. And the commentators here in Scotland have nothing but respect for Latas.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2006, 04:26:07 PM »
I'm in Scotland at the moment and caught the extended highlights of Falkirk's game at the weekend. I could see why Beenhakker kept Latas on the sidelines at the World Cup - Latas literally walked around the field whole match.

But his goal was pure class. He received the ball at the edge of the box, twisted to make space between a couple of defenders and then curled a shot into the top corner from the edge of the box with absolutely no backlift. Kinda reminded me of Ronaldinho versus Chelsea 2 seasons ago...maybe not quite in the same category, but it still showed how much skill the man has, even at his age. And the commentators here in Scotland have nothing but respect for Latas.

and you are seeing him at 38 ....try to get the under 16 tournament in Trinidad when latas ruled the roost or highlights of the strike squad warm up games aginst teams from Finland, Russia, colombia etc. Could name some others but that will suffice

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2006, 05:23:48 PM »
Jajay Okocha.....I always thought that he and Latapy played similar roles and had similar styles of football:

1. Very Central in their positioning for the most part

2. Good on the dribble, especially in small tight spaces where they could stand their opponent up, and throw him off balance with body fakes....  as opposed to blowing by defenders at speed.....

3. Great passers

4. Good shot on either foot

5. Not overly concerned with defending

6. Not too sure of this, but JayJay look like he's bun some good weed when he ready....
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 05:30:44 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2006, 10:15:45 PM »
Another one of my favorite players.
A lil bigger than latas.
Latas' vision was second to none.
I would rate as high as or even higher than Zizou in that category.

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2006, 03:18:58 AM »
what about...... marcelinho carioca??

diminutive, extremely skillful, probably one of the best players in the world that never made a big name for himself on the european stage, and leads you to wonder what if he played for a big team... highly respected in his native brazil as one of their best players for a while...

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2006, 03:59:46 PM »
Ronaldinho

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline *~*steph*~*

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2006, 09:34:07 PM »
nobody cud take lataz placeee..that iz the man!!he iz the best .i missin him alreadyyyyy!! love u lataz lol!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
NaPaRiMa FoR lYfE !!bUn DeM pReZ mEn

1]; } ?>