April 26, 2024, 02:55:17 AM

Author Topic: Diarra to join Madrid  (Read 1510 times)

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
Diarra to join Madrid
« on: August 18, 2006, 06:27:14 PM »
Lyon agree to let Diarra join Real Madrid
Lyon agree to let Diarra join Real Madrid

(Adds quotes from Calderon and Capello)

LYON, Aug 18 (Reuters) - Olympique Lyon have agreed to let Mali midfielder Mahamadou Diarra join Real Madrid, the five-times French champions said on Friday.

The clubs have agreed an undisclosed fee and Diarra will move providing he agrees personal terms, said a Lyon spokesman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Diarra is expected in Madrid at the weekend to sort out the final details.

Real president Ramon Calderon confirmed to Spain's Radio Marca that his club had agreed to buy the 25-year-old.

"It's true," he said. "We've been working on this deal for some time at the express request of our coach (Fabio Capello)."

Capello added he was delighted with the signing.

"He is a very strong player and was our number one priority," he told a news conference after his side's defeat against Real Betis in a pre-season tournament in Cadiz.

Marca said Real would pay 26 million euros ($33.37 million) for the holding midfielder, who joined Lyon in 2002 from Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem and won the last four Ligue 1 titles with the club.

Diarra was quoted as saying in French sports daily L'Equipe on Wednesday that he wanted to join Real and was prepared to consider going on strike to force the deal through.

"An offer from a club like Real Madrid happens once in your career," he said.

If the deal goes through, Diarra will become the fourth player to join the club since Calderon was elected president last month.

The nine-times European champions have also signed Italy's World Cup-winning captain Fabio Cannavaro and Brazil midfielder Emerson from Juventus and Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy from Manchester United, spending a combined 35 million euros on the trio.

Real, who have not won a major trophy since 2003, are also interested in Arsenal forward Jose Antonio Reyes.

"We can still sign more players and I think we will do so before the transfer deadline expires," Calderon said on Friday.

(additional reporting by Simon Baskett in Madrid

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=AtM8FWseGXnyHn7Z88spKksmw7YF?slug=reu-diarra&prov=reuters&type=lgns

i starting to say WHE SAY ...teh asembling a strong squad

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
Re: Diarra to join Madrid
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 06:34:29 PM »
Why iz Real Madrid taking in so much new players
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Diarra to join Madrid
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 10:59:02 PM »
dat is ah real good buy, la liga will be fun to watch

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Villareal vs Real madrid
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 02:12:09 PM »
In a dress rehearsal for next week´s opener between the two teams in La Liga, Villareal registered  a confidence booster with a 1-0 victory in Cadiz.
After losing on penalties to cadiz in the 4 team tournament it was left to Villareal and Real madrid to battle for the 3rd place.
Loaded with all their stars both teams gave a sub standard display ...early days yet.... but my boy squeezed one through from a dead ball outside the area.... Juan roman ( of course )
I know the Real fans will count this as a hollow victory but not me ....win is win anytime, everytime ...See yáll next week sunday !

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Villareal vs Real madrid
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 02:14:45 PM »
In a dress rehearsal for next week´s opener between the two teams in La Liga, Villareal registered  a confidence booster with a 1-0 victory in Cadiz.
After losing on penalties to cadiz in the 4 team tournament it was left to Villareal and Real madrid to battle for the 3rd place.
Loaded with all their stars both teams gave a sub standard display ...early days yet.... but my boy squeezed one through from a dead ball outside the area.... Juan roman ( of course )
I know the Real fans will count this as a hollow victory but not me ....win is win anytime, everytime ...See yáll next week sunday !

Jai Jon boy yuh must be rell happy dat Utd blank Senna      hard luks doe i wudnt have mined him   i rather a 25 year old hargreaves though  sorry to say

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Villareal vs Real madrid
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 02:18:49 PM »

Jai Jon boy yuh must be rell happy dat Utd blank Senna      hard luks doe i wudnt have mined him   i rather a 25 year old hargreaves though  sorry to say

If I glad ???
De man startin in a very competitive team .... keep hargreaves yes !
As the coach says Senna knows his role in Villareal and is very good at it . Now riquelme has two good holders to back him up ...look trouble !
Next week we shall see who FIFA rates the best midfielder in Europe last season.
Ah not hearin from the real supporters though  ???

1]; } ?>