Sports > Football

Beach Soccer Thread

(1/69) > >>

freakazoid:
CONCACAF battle it out in Costa Rica

The qualification campaign for the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup 2006 continues apace next month, with the CONCACAF Beach Soccer Championship due to be held between 13 and 17 September on the sands of Punta Leona in Puntarenas, Costa Rica.

Two tickets for Rio de Janeiro will be on offer to CONCACAF members during the tournament, with Canada, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Mexico and the USA set to contest the coveted places.

The five teams play each other once, with the two sides finishing highest in the table going through.

CONCACAF Beach Soccer Championship

13 September
Canada - USA
Costa Rica - Jamaica

14 September
USA - Jamaica
Mexico - Canada

15 September
Jamaica - Canada
Costa Rica - Mexico

16 September
USA - Mexico
Costa Rica - Canada

17 September
Mexico - Jamaica
Costa Rica - USA

TEAMS
Area    Representative    Qualification
UEFA (5)    

The European Beach Soccer League is divided into three groups playing different events. The eight best teams from these events will play in the Superfinal in Marseille (FRA) between 23 and 27 August. The top four teams and the winner of the ‘Last chance’ round will qualify.

CONMEBOL (2)    1. Uruguay
2. Argentina

South America's qualifying event took place between 5-12 March in Macaé, Brazil. Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela and Uruguay took part. The two top teams from South America not including Brazil qualified.

CONCACAF (2)    1.

The Qualifier for North, Central America and the Caribbean Zone will be held between 13-17 September 2006 in Costa Rica.  In a round-robin competition between Canada, Jamaica, Mexico, and the hosts, the first two teams will qualify.

AFC(3)    1. Bahrain
2. Japan
3. Iran     The preliminary competition took place between 21 and 26 of May in Dubai (UAE).

CAF (2)    1.
2.    The preliminary competition will take place from 26 to 30 September in Durban (RSA). Six teams (South Africa, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Egypt, Morocco and Nigeria) will be divided into two groups of three teams each. After a round robin tournament in the group stage, the best two teams from each group will advance to the semi-finals. The winners and runners-up qualify.

OFC (1)    1.    The qualifiers for Oceania will be held from 3
1-3 September in Tahiti between the hosts, Cook Islands, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu

HOST (1)    1. Brazil    The host country will qualify automatically.

freakazoid:
do we even have a beach team? ??? ???

Grande:

--- Quote from: freakazoid on August 20, 2006, 10:28:59 AM ---do we even have a beach team? ??? ???

--- End quote ---

Nah. Ironic eh. Beach Soccer world cup only come out two years ago I think.

Coop's:

--- Quote from: Grande man on August 20, 2006, 11:20:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: freakazoid on August 20, 2006, 10:28:59 AM ---do we even have a beach team? ??? ???

--- End quote ---

Nah. Ironic eh. Beach Soccer world cup only come out two years ago I think.

--- End quote ---
      This just tells us how much the things we take for granted how important they are,Beach Soccer is very popular in our country but no one thinks it's important because of where it's being played and who plays it,i grew up playing on the Beaches and so do a lot of our players, it's the thing to do when on the Beach.
       We are way behind other countries in many ways and always rating ourselves(we made the WC finals),look at the countries involved in this thing,countries we say we are better than and always putting down,how they know about this and we don't,how they could participate and we can't,Jamaica,Canada,Bahrain etc etc
       I can say without a doubt Beach Soccer is a big thing here in the US,one of the biggest tournaments is held right here in Va Beach and you have teams from all over the world taking part,this year had over 600 teams,i don't go because the place is a real mess on that weekend.   

spideybuff:
Imagien i play beach soccer in the US regular but it have nuttin so down here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version