April 20, 2024, 10:03:57 AM

Author Topic: Superstar/St Ann's/La Horquetta Rangers Thread  (Read 49238 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Rangers looking for $600,000.
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2006, 09:01:28 PM »
I hope they get their act together.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Superstar Rangers bubbling with enthusiasm.
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 04:18:18 PM »
Superstar Rangers bubbling with enthusiasm.
By: Joel Villafana.
[/size]

Superstar Rangers owner Richard Fakoory is a bubbling with joy over his club acceptance into the T&T Pro League for the 2006 season. Mr. Fakoory admitted it was a dream come true for his St.Anns based club to be accepted into the professional ranks.
“Since the T&T Pro League was introduced Superstar Rangers always wanted to be apart of it, we applied before now and we were denied, but we are overjoyed now that we have been accepted, there is a renewed enthusiasm in our training sessions over the last couple of days since our guys all heard the news—we are looking forward to showcase our youth programmes and we really want to represent our community in the best way we know how,” says Mr. Fakoory.
Superstar Rangers placed 4th in the National Super League last season, and after Crab Connection and Wasa Clean and White who placed 2nd and 3rd respectively pulled out of the race to enter the professional ranks, Superstar Rangers and champions Joe Public became the obvious choices for promotion.
Mr. Fakoory has admitted that financially it has been a challenge for him—and he stated, “We are not as financially strong as the Jabloteh’s, the W Connection’s and the Joe Public’s—but we are going to make it work, we are working with a small budget and while we will not be able to pay our players the big bucks, we had a meeting with the players explaining them that we are going out to perform to the best of our ability and we will not fail.”
The San Juan based businessman, is however optimistic that his team will do well, he told ttproleague.com, “For one thing we don’t want to be demoted, and assessing our resources I don’t see why we can’t finish in the middle of the pack among the ten clubs that will be competing,” Fakoory added he will be fielding a youthful squad with the bulk of his Super League team coming back, but he also has the likes of Marc Borde and Errol Mc Farlene who has some experience.
The Superstar Rangers boss concluded saying, “I am really feeling good about the upcoming season, I really think we can do well and give a good account of ourselves.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jamesgk1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2006, 09:23:59 AM »
Hey guys,

anyone no any news on Superstar Rangers getting a sponsor??

mail backk
james

Offline Jamesgk1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2006, 10:21:43 AM »
Hi Guys,

anyone hears whats happening about superstar rangers???

Mb

James

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2006, 10:27:24 AM »
Hi Guys,

anyone hears whats happening about superstar rangers???

Mb

James

Call Fakoory and ask him.  It is that simple.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2006, 02:27:25 PM »
I hope he gets his sponsorship. This might be a good time for him with football fever taking over Trini and all eyes on T&T, sponsors should be banging down the door to get on board some of these teams.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2006, 02:33:58 PM »
Remember the name Marlon Bowen, i played with him for two seasons , he is a really good striker.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Ras when yuh say a really good striker what do you mean exactly. Good is a relative term....Good compared to you? Or compared to what the PFL has to offer.
Cause ah wonderin if we shoulda been hearing more from him before or he just aint been given his fair chance ???

Waz de scene

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2006, 04:10:26 PM »
I looking for $600,000 too ;D

Me too  :rotfl:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2006, 06:49:55 AM »
Remember the name Marlon Bowen, i played with him for two seasons , he is a really good striker.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Ras when yuh say a really good striker what do you mean exactly. Good is a relative term....Good compared to you? Or compared to what the PFL has to offer.
Cause ah wonderin if we shoulda been hearing more from him before or he just aint been given his fair chance ???

Waz de scene

I mean that he has the ability and potential to play at the highest level.

He has been playing in the super league and the NFA.

He played for Belmont Secondary at the intercol level.

Another thing is, there are nuff good players that me and you doh know anything about in T&T.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Jamesgk1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2006, 01:56:50 PM »
Hi Guys,

Im still in dark on whats happening to Superstar Rangers ?Are they staying in league and have they got a sponsor yet??

James

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2006, 02:10:50 PM »
Hi Guys,

Im still in dark on whats happening to Superstar Rangers ?Are they staying in league and have they got a sponsor yet??

James

Don't want you to think anybody ignoring you but your best bet might be to try to get in contact with the owner. Try the PFL office or send an email to either the PFL or Rangers or both

Offline Jamesgk1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2006, 02:18:19 PM »
Hi Mate,

I have tried this but with time diffrences ect and other reasons we keep missing each other....Which means i am no further forward...?

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2006, 08:31:00 AM »

why doesnt the T&T competition fuse with other countries football competitions in the neigbourhood?

the exposure expands the viewers and the teleivision rights too,so it might be easier to find sponsors and raise the quality,and the salaries of the players,so its possible to draw higher quality players so more viewers etc etc.sort of a positive spiral

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2006, 09:33:10 AM »
bake sale?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Superstar Rangers in Toyota cup final.
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2006, 01:25:24 PM »
Superstar Rangers in Toyota cup final.
...after taking down Army in penalty shootout.
By: Gordon Pierre (ttproleague).

On another night of the underdogs Superstar Rangers scored what could be considered another upset in the Toyota Classic beating Defence Force 8-7 on penalties after a 1-1 tie at the end of full time, in the first game of the Toyota Classic semi-finals at the Mannie Ramjohn stadium Marabella.
With the top four teams in the league standings all eliminated, Defence Force would have considered themselves favorites to win the 2006 Toyota Classic, but it was Superstar Rangers who were first into stride and Shem Mc Farlane should have done better when he shot wide in the 7th minute after being sent through.
He would however, do better two minutes later when he had a shot from 25 metres out saved by Kevin Graham in the Defence Force goal.
Defence force then got in the action, in the 12th minute Jerwyn Belthazar shot wide after a good build-up. After that the game was all Superstar Rangers with Goalkeeper Graham forced to make save after save as Rangers flooded forward.
Nevertheless, against the run of play Defence Force were awarded a penalty in the 41st minute when Michael Edwards was brought down by Milton Fabian Gomez who was booked for a last ditch tackle.
Defence Force captain Anton Pierre stepped up and scored pass Rangers keeper Shurland Awai to give the Army a 1-0 lead.
This goal seemed to inspire the Tetron Boys who lay siege on the Rangers goal for the rest of the first half.
The second half started much like the first with Rangers enjoying the majority of the possession and should have gone ahead in the 51st minute but Shem Mc Farlane headed overbar from inside the 6-yard box.
Seven minutes later older brother Errol would get it right heading home pass keeper Graham to tie the game at 1-1 and the game was now really on.
Two minutes later Army would be awarded another penalty for another foul on Michael Edwards in the box, again it was captain Pierre that stepped up, but this time he blazed his shot overbar to the disappointment of the Army fans present.
The combination of the Rangers goal and the missed penalty added new life into the Armys attack, but substitute Christian paw boy Baptiste shot overbar in the 64th minute and then straight at Rangers keeper in the 67th after some nice build-ups from the Defence Force.
In the end Superstar Rangers keeper Shurland Awai would be the hero for his team saving the ninth Army penalty kicked by Kevon Carter to give his team a win 8-7 on penalties. Rangers advance to the final of the Toyota Classic and will meet United Petrotrin next Friday to decide the winner of the 2006 Toyota Classic.

Defence Force - Kevin Graham, Anton Pierre, Rawle Fletcher, Michael Edwards, Claude Adams, Devon Jorsling (69th Akil Pierre), Kevon Carter, Anton Joseph (59th Christian Baptiste), Corey Rivers, Jerwyn Belthazar (78th Sean Narcis), Ronald Boyce.

Head Coach--Anthony Barrington

Defence Force Penalties

X - Anton Pierre
X - Kevon Carter
G - Claude Adams
G - Christian Baptiste
G - Corey Rivers
G - Michael Edwards
G - Sean Narcis
G - Akeil Pierre
G - Ronald Royce

Superstar Rangers - Shurland Awai, Rafer Ross, Lorne Joseph, Todd Ryan (70th Ricard Aleong), Kerwyn Jemmott, Kerwyn Cooper, Jason Eastman, Shem Mc Farlane(72th Marlon Bowen), Errol Mc Farlane, Don Morris, Milton Goemz.

Head Coach--Anthony Streete

Superstar Rangers Penalties

X - Shurland Awai
G - Milton Gomez
G - Kerwyn Jemmott
G - Ricardo Aleong
G - Don Morris
G - Errol Mc Farlane
G - Lorne Joseph
G - Rafer Ross
G - Marlon Bowen

Defence Force v Superstar Rangers

1 GOALS 1
1 YELLOW CARDS 1
0 RED CARDS 0
4 SHOTS ON TARGET 7
20 FOULS 9
5 CORNERS 8
4 OFFSIDES 6
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 01:58:38 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Clayton Morris and Richard Piper join Superstar Rangers technical staff
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2007, 01:59:47 PM »
Clayton Morris & Richard Piper join Superstar Rangers technical staff.
By: Vinod Narwani (ttproleague).
[/size]

Former national captain Clayton Morris has joined forces with St. Anns-based club Superstar Rangers as Director of Youth Programmes, and will assist Head coach Anthony Streete when required.
This was confirmed by club chairman Richard Fakoory, who added that former football referee Richard Piper is also the new manager at the club.
They both are on board officially and they both have started working already, said Fakoory.
We started our training on Wednesday, and Clayton starts his training with the youths this weekend, having already accumulated his group of youngsters and his assistant coaches.
Fakoory said Morris has an attachment to the club since he was a part of Rangers in his earlier days.
Clayton is one of the original figures of Superstar Rangers, he grew up in St. Anns. He played at Presidents Grounds and over the years he wanted to give back to his community and his family. He is excited and delighted about wanting to take us to another level, and I know our youngsters would all be looking forward to work with such a local icon.
Morris captained Trinidad and Tobagos Strike Squad which narrowly missed out on qualifying for the 1990 World Cup in Italy, following their 1-0 loss to the USA in the CONCACAF qualifier at the then National Stadium, Port-of-Spain.
Regarding Pipers appointment as manager, Fakoory said the former football referee finally decided to make the decision following several discussions in the past.
Piper is a professional in what he does, and I have been a friend of Piper for over 20 years.
He has been an established referee and we have always been in talks for him to come on board. When I spoke to him in early January 2007, he finally said he was ready for it and knew he had to call it quits as a referee.
Fakoory also had words of praise for Piper whom he said had the qualifications to do the best job possible in taking the club forward.
He is going to take a lot of pressure off the Board of Directors which mainly comprises Alan Cabral, Kirk De Freitas and me. Piper is going to oversee the whole of Rangers programme. We are going to form an academy this year and take care of the youngsters.
From last years performance and the few resources that we had, and what we accomplished, I am hoping that both Piper and Morris would take us to bigger and batter things in 2007, ended the Rangers chairman.
Superstar Rangers enjoyed a decent run in the very first season in the TT Pro League, finishing 6th on the 2006 league standings, while also made it all the way to the Toyota Classic final, where they were beaten by United Petrotin.
Morris looks to set high standards at Superstar Rangers.
By: Vinod Narwani (ttproleague.com).
[/size]

Former national captain Clayton Morris is enthusiastic about his new job as Director of Youth Programmes at Superstar Rangers.
Morris, who played at the St. Anns-based club in his earlier days, is expected to start working with the youngsters from Saturday (February 10), with the intention of taking them to a next level.
The first goal of mine is to shape the youngsters, said Morris.
When I got a look at them, I noticed that they possessed the talent, they know how to play football, but they must do it with discipline and in a more constructive way. My main focus is to guide the guys and keep them focused with the emphasis being disciplined.
Morris said working with the future generation is going to be an enjoyable challenge, adding that he is familiar with most of the faces under his guidance.
A lot of the players are related to me in some way family, nephews, what have you. St. Anns is the community that moulded me into the person and the player I turned out to be, and I just want to give that back to the community.
Rangers chairman Richard Fakoory was instrumental in attaining the services of the ex-Strike Squad skipper.
Morris said he has a good relationship with the top man at the club.
I am glad to say that I have a good rapport with Mr. Fakoory. It just happened that when Mr. Fakoory joined up with Rangers, I had already left for ECM Motown and then ASL Trintoc. However, we still maintained a good rapport and camaraderie, and it was good to see that he came forward to assist financially with the development of football in St. Anns.
Morris is also expected to work with coach Anthony Streete, who is in-charge of the senior team at the club.
Morris, however, emphasized his task is to deal with the youth at the club.
The senior players are already moulded into what they want to be.
There is not much you can do with that, but I will help Mr. Streete when he needs me.
At the same time, Morris said it would be a pleasure working with the coach of the St. Anns side.
Streete and I go a long way back since we both played for Trintoc and ECM Motown. It is, therefore, going to be a joy working with him.
However, I am more focused on taking the youngsters forward with the hope of continuing to work with them when they reach the senior level, said the former Strike Squad Captain.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 09:45:45 AM by Flex »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Morris looks to set high standards at Superstar Rangers
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2007, 09:37:00 AM »
Morris looks to set high standards at Superstar Rangers
By Vinod Narwani (ttproleague.com)

Former national captain Clayton Morris is enthusiastic about his new job as Director of Youth Programmes at Superstar Rangers.

Morris, who played at the St. Anns-based club in his earlier days, is expected to start working with the youngsters from Saturday (February 10), with the intention of taking them to a next level.

The first goal of mine is to shape the youngsters, said Morris.
When I got a look at them, I noticed that they possessed the talent, they know how to play football, but they must do it with discipline and in a more constructive way. My main focus is to guide the guys and keep them focused with the emphasis being disciplined.

Morris said working with the future generation is going to be an enjoyable challenge, adding that he is familiar with most of the faces under his guidance.

A lot of the players are related to me in some way family, nephews, what have you. St. Anns is the community that moulded me into the person and the player I turned out to be, and I just want to give that back to the community.

Rangers chairman Richard Fakoory was instrumental in attaining the services of the ex-Strike Squad skipper.

Morris said he has a good relationship with the top man at the club.
I am glad to say that I have a good rapport with Mr. Fakoory. It just happened that when Mr. Fakoory joined up with Rangers, I had already left for ECM Motown and then ASL Trintoc. However, we still maintained a good rapport and camaraderie, and it was good to see that he came forward to assist financially with the development of football in St. Anns.

Morris is also expected to work with coach Anthony Streete, who is in-charge of the senior team at the club.
Morris, however, emphasized his task is to deal with the youth at the club.

The senior players are already moulded into what they want to be.
There is not much you can do with that, but I will help Mr. Streete when he needs me.

At the same time, Morris said it would be a pleasure working with the coach of the St. Anns side.

Streete and I go a long way back since we both played for Trintoc and ECM Motown. It is, therefore, going to be a joy working with him.

However, I am more focused on taking the youngsters forward with the hope of continuing to work with them when they reach the senior level, said the former Strike Squad Captain.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Morris looks to set high standards at Superstar Rangers
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2007, 12:07:25 PM »
It's a sense of pride for me to read this post when i see two of my former Captains/Players (ECM Motown) moving on in the Football world,i was usually attracted to them because of their leadership qualities,Clayton and Anthony all the best Breds.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Morris looks to set high standards at Superstar Rangers
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2007, 01:06:04 PM »
Coops I think you should start collecting royalties. The amount of top players you work with. Props to you man.  :beermug:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Colombian Milton Gomez named Superstar Rangers 2006 MVP
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2007, 10:16:24 AM »
Tuesday, 03 April 2007 
By Randy Bando...

Superstar Rangers Colombian defender Milton Gomez was named Most Valuable Player of the Pro League Club on Saturday night at their 2006 Awards function at the Ballroom of the Cascadia Hotel, St Anns.

Gomez known for his thunderous free kicks won the award ahead of fellow awardees Dean Pacheco and Errol Mc Farlane after joining the Club midway through the 2006 season.

The clubs president and prominent lawyer Mr. Desmond Allum presented the top award.
Coach Anthony Streete of the St Anns based Club spoke with ttproleague.com and fully supports the choice of MVP.

He is the man. Milton is always fighting for the team and his performance has helped us a lot during last season. He has done well in defence and also from the dead-ball situations. All this attributes to him being named the MVP of last season. He has touched my heart as a player giving it his all, ended Streete.

Gomez played a key role in Superstar Rangers sixth place finish in the League and their runners-up performance in the Toyota Classic final.

Dean Pacheco, a former stand-out with the Trinidad and Tobago national football team was voted as the club's Most Disciplined Player while Mc Farlane Jr who played in the early 2006 World Cup qualifying matches for the Soca Warriors copped the Most Goals' award with 16 to his name from all competitions.

The feature address at the function was given by Fifa Vice-President Austin Jack Warner who along with his wife Maureen Warner was presented with special awards on the night.

Awards were also distributed to the top players in the Northern Football Association Premier Division, Under-18, Under-16, Under-14, Under-12 and Under-10 age-groups while Angela Fakoory, the wife of club owner Richard Fakoory, Jason Hodge and Gemma Murphy also collected Special awards.

List of Awardees

Pro League Team
Most Valuable PlayerMilton Gomez.
Most GoalsErrol Mc Farlane Jr (16 Goals)
Most DisciplineDean Pacheco.

Northern Football Association
Most Valuable PlayerMario Assoon.
Most GoalsRobert Gomez.
Most DisciplineStephenson Tyndale.

Under-18 Division
Most Valuable PlayerJevon Morris.
Most GoalsTyrone Charles.
Most DisciplineJoel Whiteman.

Under-16 Division
Most Valuable PlayerJamal Dennie.
Most GoalsStefan John.
Most DisciplineAndrew Poon King.

Under-14 Division
Most Valuable PlayerTimothy Alleyne.
Most GoalsTimothy Alleyne.
Most DisciplineDwight Ceballo.

Under-12 Division
Most Valuable PlayerXavier Rajpaul.
Most GoalsJameel Young.
Most DisciplineAlan Alvarez.

Under-10 Division
Most Valuable PlayerJevon De Revarnau.
Most GoalsJameel Antoine.
Most DisciplineShirvaughn Murphy. 
  Next > 

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2007, 06:10:18 PM »
By Randy Bando (ttproleague.com)

Superstar Rangers Colombian defender Milton Gomez was named Most Valuable Player of the Pro League Club on Saturday night at their 2006 Awards function at the Ballroom of the Cascadia Hotel, St Anns.
Gomez known for his thunderous free kicks won the award ahead of fellow awardees Dean Pacheco and Errol Mc Farlane after joining the Club midway through the 2006 season.
The clubs president and prominent lawyer Mr. Desmond Allum presented the top award.
Coach Anthony Streete of the St Anns based Club spoke with ttproleague.com and fully supports the choice of MVP.
He is the man. Milton is always fighting for the team and his performance has helped us a lot during last season. He has done well in defence and also from the dead-ball situations. All this attributes to him being named the MVP of last season. He has touched my heart as a player giving it his all, ended Streete.
Gomez played a key role in Superstar Rangers sixth place finish in the League and their runners-up performance in the Toyota Classic final.
Dean Pacheco, a former stand-out with the Trinidad and Tobago national football team was voted as the club's Most Disciplined Player while Mc Farlane Jr who played in the early 2006 World Cup qualifying matches for the Soca Warriors copped the Most Goals' award with 16 to his name from all competitions.
The feature address at the function was given by Fifa Vice-President Austin Jack Warner who along with his wife Maureen Warner was presented with special awards on the night.
Awards were also distributed to the top players in the Northern Football Association Premier Division, Under-18, Under-16, Under-14, Under-12 and Under-10 age-groups while Angela Fakoory, the wife of club owner Richard Fakoory, Jason Hodge and Gemma Murphy also collected Special awards.

List of Awardees

Pro League Team
Most Valuable PlayerMilton Gomez.
Most GoalsErrol Mc Farlane Jr (16 Goals)
Most DisciplineDean Pacheco.

Northern Football Association
Most Valuable PlayerMario Assoon.
Most GoalsRobert Gomez.
Most DisciplineStephenson Tyndale.

Under-18 Division
Most Valuable PlayerJevon Morris.
Most GoalsTyrone Charles.
Most DisciplineJoel Whiteman.

Under-16 Division
Most Valuable PlayerJamal Dennie.
Most GoalsStefan John.
Most DisciplineAndrew Poon King.

Under-14 Division
Most Valuable PlayerTimothy Alleyne.
Most GoalsTimothy Alleyne.
Most DisciplineDwight Ceballo.

Under-12 Division
Most Valuable PlayerXavier Rajpaul.
Most GoalsJameel Young.
Most DisciplineAlan Alvarez.

Under-10 Division
Most Valuable PlayerJevon De Revarnau.
Most GoalsJameel Antoine.
Most DisciplineShirvaughn Murphy. 
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rangers hammer newcomers Police 4-1
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2007, 07:57:58 AM »
Rangers hammer newcomers Police 4-1       
Sunday, 15 April 2007 
Vinod Narwani Reports

HASELY CRAWFORD STADIUM Superstar Rangers FC showed their dominance over TT Pro League debutants Police FC in their opening clash of the 2007 season at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port-of-Spain, on Saturday night.

The St. Anns based-club, playing in their second season at the top flight, had to overcome a minor obstacle in the form of a 1-0 lead by the Lawmen, before demolishing the newcomers with a combination of determination, experience and flair.

Rangers started off positively in front of an appreciative crowd by testing Police custodian Ryan Edwards in the 2nd minute of play.

Following an infringement just outside the box by the Lawmen, Rangers were awarded a free kick which star player Kerwin Jemmott hit straight at Edwards.

Even though the goalkeeper comfortably took it, it was a sign that the men in red and blue were going all out to make things difficult for Police.

Rangers skipper Errol Mc Farlene then tried to get his side on the score sheet by slotting a decent ball to Christon Thomas on the left in the 11th minute, only for Thomas to hit it tamely and off-target.

The fans were, however, given a surprise when the Lawmen drew first blood in the 18th minute courtesy Kenwin Matthew.

There was a solid build up which led to captain Neri Joseph distributing the ball to Curt Danclair on the left flank, his floating pass finding the head of Matthew for the opening item.

But Rangers hit back four minutes before the half-time whistle following a corner, resulting in Jemmott ballooning a teaser across the goal-mouth for Devon Modeste to head home the equalizer.

Rangers kept pressing for the lead and were rewarded for their efforts in the 53rd minute, Marc Borde slotting home after the ball was flicked to him, following a well-taken corner kick.

The night was not over for the St. Anns lads as was shown by their captain who had a major hand in the remaining two items to follow.

Mc Farlene banged a powerful header straight to the Police custodian, but his point blank save ricocheted towards hungry substitute Shem McFarlene who slammed home Rangers insurance item in the 76th minute. It was 3-1 at that stage.

The Rangers skipper then scored the goal of the night three minutes later to justify why he deserved the man-of-the-match award.

Standing inside the box, Mc Farlene received a ball and with the simplest of ease back-heeled a flick towards the far corner to the delight of everyone.

Not only was the keeper bemused, the players, officials and fans had lots to talk about after such a display by the men from St. Anns.

Teams:

Superstar Rangers: Marc Borde, Milton Correa Gomez, Kerwin Jemmott, Lorne Joseph, Errol McFarlene (Arnold Ferguson), Devon Modeste, Jhony Ortiz (GK), Dean Pacheco, Todd Ryan, Christon Thomas (Shem McFarlene), Coneal Thomas.

Coach: Anthony Streete.

Police: Devon Bristol, Grayson Edwards, Christopher Sam (Noel Williams), Neri Joseph, Curt Danclair, Andre Lynch, Brendon Christopher, Sean McClashie, Kenwin Matthew (Kieon Wilson), Ryan Edwards, Terryl Elwin (Neil Marcano).

Coach: Michael Maurice.

Referee: Jaggernath Goolcharan

Man of the Match: Errol Mc Farlene (Superstar Rangers)

Game Statistics

Superstar Rangers    Police FC 
 4  Goals  1
 6  Shots on Target  1
 3  Offsides  2
 11  Corners  2
 12  Fouls  22
 2  Yellow Cards  2
 0  Red Cards  0

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Rangers shoot down 'Stars'
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2007, 10:53:44 PM »
Rangers shoot down 'Stars'
By: Kern De Freitas (Express).

Four second half goals turned what started out as a bland T&T Pro League encounter into a 3-1 victory for Superstar Rangers over Economy North East Stars at the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday.
Josimar Belgrave will gladly accept the blame for turning the match around, as he struck in the 59th minute, just three minutes after he took the field, to help inspire the victory.
A powerful shot from Shem McFarlane and a late, beautiful long-distance effort from Rangers Under-20 player Corneal Thomas made sure Rangers' party would not be spoiled by the Sangre Grande-based outfit.
Before that, the teams--perhaps owing to the rainy conditions and resultant slippery outfield--failed to excite the small crowd, with few chances on goal and some costly misses. North East Stars, in hindsight, would rue each and every opportunity they let slip by them.
Stars' ploy of crowding out Rangers' main striker and skipper Errol McFarlane Jr worked wonders. The big forward, along with strike partner Shem McFarlane was kept in check for long periods, with neither team grabbing the advantage in the first half.
In the 56th, Rangers brought on Belgrave to bring some life into the midfield. That tactic paid almost immediate dividends, as he sprinted past a defender on his fresh pair of legs to intercept a diagonal pass on the right from Ricardo Aleong. Belgrave's first touch was not convincing, but he kept his composure to slot home between the near post and advancing North East Stars custodian Curtis Granger.
That sparked life into Rangers' effort and they surged forward, looking to double their advantage. Stars, who looked the more likely to score at the resumption, suddenly had to defend from a barrage of attempts that rained on them. Belgrave tried his luck with another through pass, this time on the right, but was squeezed out by defender Keryn Navarro.
Shem McFarlane would not be denied, though. He gleefully accepted a long ball from Aleong, and turned first time to blast past Granger in the 69th.
North East Stars were not ready to give up yet and Guyanese striker Randolph Jerome pulled one back in the 78th, booting in a sharp cross past Rangers goalie Shane Mattis from close range.
Rangers should count themselves lucky to survive the ensuing assault. But Jerome missed from close range a minute later and Carlon Hughes misfired twice from six metres with Mattis at his mercy.
Two minutes from time, Thomas produced the goal of the game. He raced into space on the right flank and had just crossed halfline when he looked up and spotted Granger off his line. National goalkeeper Marvin Phillip must have looked up from Stars' bench and cringed when he saw the floater soar, dip, and sink into the near post, to seal the issue in their opponents' favour.
The victory not only gave Rangers victory over Stars, but a superior goal difference, which sees them replace Stars in sixth position on the Pro League table.

Teams:

Superstar Rangers:[/b] - Shane Mattis, Coneal Thomas, Marvin James, Ricardo Aleong (Elijah Belgrave), Devon Modeste, Nigel Henry, Arnold Ferguson, Don Morris (Josimar Belgrave), Joseph Peters, Errol Mc Farlane (capt), Shem Mc Farlane (Elijah Belgrave).

North East Stars: - Curtis Granger, Errol Charles, Glenton Wolfe (capt), Keryn Navarro, Marlon Stoute (Desta Francis) (Anthony Thompson), Keston Pierre, Marc Leslie, Sherwin Charles (Kendall Jageosingh), Andre Charles, Carlon Hughes, Randolph Jerome.

Yesterday's Pro League Results:

Superstar Rangers 3 (Josimar Belgrave 59, Shem McFarlane 70, Corneal Thomas 88) v North East Stars 1 (Randolph Jerome 78)

Defence Force 1 (Richard Roy 54) v Caledonia AIA 0

Joe Public 3 (Kerry Baptiste 10, Gary Glasgow 15, 58) v Tobago United 1 (Kayode Legall 89)

Police F.C. 4 (Terryl Elwin 42, Adrian Nunez 48, Hayden Jones 77, 88) v W Connection 3 (Jose Luis Seabra 73, Earl Jean 75, Jonatan Farias 90)

United Petrotrin 1 (Andre Alexis 47) v San Juan Jabloteh 3 (Peter Byers 84, 86, Jason Marcano 90)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 01:57:32 PM by Flex »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Superstar Rangers player Kerwin Cooper shot dead.
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2007, 05:17:16 PM »
Rangers rocked by Cooper murder.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

Superstar Rangers chairman Richard Fakoory said he was in a state of shock after the weekend murder of midfielder Kerwin Cooper and revealed that the club would look at the mental state of their players on the eve of a crucial T&T Pro League fixture against United Petrotrin.
Rangers are five points shy of a place in the Pro League's "Big Six" competition with two matches remaining but their precarious league position paled in comparison with Cooper's slaying and the revelation that a 23-year-old first team player narrowly escaped being harmed as well.
The player, according to Fakoory, was liming with Cooper in Bournes Road, St James on Saturday night and just walked away when the fatal shots were fired. The player and Cooper's younger brother, Sean Cooper, rushed him to the hospital but he succumbed to his injuries roughly six hours later.
Sean, a talented winger and former national youth team member, is on Joe Public's roster and is one of a handful of Trinidad and Tobago players to have plied their trade in Portugal.
Kerwin Cooper, 27, did not possess the same ability but was good enough to win a place at Rangers for the past six years and represented them in the 2007 Pro League.
His playing time was cut short, two months ago, when he was charged with possession of ammunition and marijuana. The Rangers players, on their own volition, pooled resources together to post the $25,000 bail for the popular player last week. Cooper was murdered within days.
Fakoory said his manager, Richard Piper, will attempt to gauge the mental state of his troops in practice today before deciding if special counselling is necessary. He will ask Petrotrin to allow a tribute before their clash tomorrow.
"We will ask for a minute's silence and we will wear armbands," said Fakoory. "Brian Williams (Petrotrin coach) has always had a good relationship with Rangers and I am sure he will allow it."
Trinidad and Tobago Pro League CEO and former "Strike Squad" player Dexter Skeene also extended condolences to Cooper's family and said his passing further highlights the important role that sport must play in nation building.
"It is a sad moment for all involved and the Pro League as well," said Skeene yesterday. "It emphasises the importance of the Pro League too and the role we have to play in keeping the youths of the nation occupied in a positive manner.
"I have to extend condolences to his parents and the family."
Clayton Morris, vice-president of the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) and a former national stand out, also expressed his remorse at the fatal shooting.
Morris said FPATT president Shaka Hislop was preparing a statement on the incident and he did not wish to pre-empt him but assured the club that the organisation would put a wreath together and be present at his funeral.
Superstar Rangers player Kerwin Cooper shot dead.
By: Denyse Renne (Express).

Weekend murders push toll to 300

Professional football league player Kerwin Cooper was shot and killed on Saturday night. Police reports stated that around 11 p.m., Cooper was liming with friends when a silver car pulled alongside the group and a lone masked man came out the car and started shooting in Cooper's direction. Cooper, 27, a Superstar Rangers player was shot in the head and about the body. He died at the scene.
Homicide investigators say they are yet to establish a motive for the killing but said about two months ago Cooper was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of ammunition after Western Division officers executed a search warrant at his home. He was given $25,000 bail to cover the charges.
In an unrelated incident, investigations are continuing into the murder of Eustace Chase. Chase, 40, of Upper Bournes Road, St James, was shot while walking along Bournes Road on Saturday afternoon. He was rushed to hospital and subsequently died around 5.30 p.m.
In another incident, a secondary school pupil, Rondell Taylor, remains a patient at the Port of Spain General Hospital in a stable condition after being shot by a stray bullet on Saturday night.
Taylor, 16, of Bain Street, Carenage, was shot while liming with a group of friends at Point Cumana, Carenage. And investigations are still continuing into the body of a unidentified man found at El Socorro South on Saturday.
The body was found near a river and had several wounds. There was a double murder last night at St James, taking the murder toll to 300 for the year.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 05:38:29 AM by Flex »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Super Rangers player Kerwin Cooper shot dead.
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2007, 05:21:00 PM »
Coops any  relation to you?

If so, my condolences.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Rangers player Kerwin Cooper shot dead.
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2007, 05:26:24 PM »
god bless....TnT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Super Rangers player Kerwin Cooper shot dead.
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2007, 05:33:46 PM »
Coops any relation to you?

If so, my condolences.

VB
         No boy i don't know that Cooper at all,may be we are related but i don't know,it have a lot of Coopers in T&T may be we are related but i don't know,when i saw the name i had to look at it a few times because my son name is Kevin that's pretty close but thanks for your concerns if ever there was one.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Rangers player Kerwin Cooper shot dead.
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2007, 06:12:46 PM »
Yes boy, Coops. I stayed reading for a while to make sure I did not mis-read anything. But Condolences to your the young man and his family.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
St Anns Rangers look for boost
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2008, 02:13:21 PM »

St Anns Rangers are well aware that a full complement of players will be needed for Fridays Toyota Classic final against 2008 League and Big Six champions CLICO San Juan Jabloteh at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Team manager Richard Piper explained to ttproleague.com that efforts are currently ongoing to have Errol Mc Farlane in the squad for Fridays clash.

Mc Farlane is back in Trinidad after his Lebanon based club Al Mubarah FC terminated his loan deal last month. Mc Farlane left Rangers during the season join Al Mubarah and now the St Anns based side is hoping to have him back into the fold.

We are still awaiting his international clearance from Al Mubarah as requested by the TTFF(Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation), said Piper. But until now the TTFF hasnt received the document but we are still hopeful.

Mc Farlanes deal with Al Mubarah was terminated while the striker was on national duty with the Trinidad and Tobago national team during the Digicel Caribbean Championship.

He scored three goals in two matches for T&T against Barbados and Jamaica however the Soca Warriors failed to advance into the quarterfinals.

Rangers are also looking forward to key players Ricky Charles and Shane Rennie back in the squad in time for Fridays final.

The Grenadian duo helped their national side into the final of the Caribbean Championship against hosts Jamaica on Sunday but went under 2-0 by two strikes registered from the penalty spot with the Reggae Boys lifted their fourth regional title.

However the pair will be on a high following their display throughout the regional tournament.

They are expected to leave Jamaica today(Tuesday) for Grenada together with the rest of their national team before making their trip to Trinidad and will only arrive on Friday morning to team up with the Anthony Streete coached team.

Rangers are also hoping to have Josimar Belgrave in their squad for Fridays clash. The Rangers goalscorer has been out of action for the past six weeksfirst sidelined with a groin injury followed by a case of dengue according to Piper.

He (Josimar Belgrave) is coming along well. We expect to have him in our squad on Friday. If we have all our players available like Errol (Mc Farlane), Shane Rennie and Ricky Charles then I dont see starting. But im sure he will finish the match, said Piper.

Piper also assured that Rangers will be giving it their best against Jabloteh.

This is our time for glory. We have had a poor run in the League this season so we need to whats needed on Friday.

Rangers closest run to a title this season was their third place finish in the First Citizens Cup in which they defeating Jabloteh.

Written By: Randy Bando

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
St Ann's Rangers/La Horquetta Rangers Thread
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2014, 06:06:16 PM »
Bateau out: Rangers return to Streete for rest of season
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Bottom placed Pro League club St Anns Rangers has parted ways with head coach Gilbert Bateau and is set to finish the season with former boss Anthony Streete.

Streete, who steered Club Sando to second place in the 2013/14 Super League, has accepted the job on a temporary basis after an arrangement with Rangers and Sando but has vowed to return to the San Fernando-based team, which has Pro League ambitions of his own.

Nonetheless, Streete told Wired868 that he is happy to help Rangers despite being released by owner Richard Fakoory in 2012.

They called and asked me if I could help them out a bit, said Streete. So I spoke to my superiors and the permission was granted and it was finalised this morning

Rangers was never out of my heart because it is the first team I was officially the head coach of in the Pro League and for five years. I always felt I would go back at some point even if it was at the end of my career.
Fakoory explained that he sacked Streete, two years ago, because he wanted to try something different. After two coaches during that time frame, former World Youth Cup stand-out Dean Pacheco and Bateau, the Rangers owner decided that maybe Streete is the best available candidate after all.

We werent pleased with the results, said Fakoory. I liked the discipline and Bateaus whole attitude towards football...

But maybe we were not getting the right blend and we felt sometimes that players were being used out of position

Ironically, Fakoorys decision came a day after Rangers produced arguably its best performance of the year despite falling 2-1 to Point Fortin Civic at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Tuesday.

Bateau told Wired868 that he felt he did as well as could be expected with a team that often featured as many as five teenagers in the starting line-up and had an average age of just over 20. In the past 15 months, Rangers have lost an array of players to rival teams including Jan-Michael Williams, Jamal Jack, Jason Marcano, Hector Sam, Keron Cummings, Conrad Smith, Clevon McFee, Dwane Smith and Duran Dilworth. And the average age of the team only dropped noticeably in January transfer window.

Whatever the issues, Bateau insisted there was no animosity and he only wished to speak positively about Rangers.

I had school footballers who were good in their school but the level here is different, said Beateau. I indicated to them that they needed an incubation period to win games at this level and that they had to get the jitters out of the way and so on. To put up a performance like that against Civic and then have the (Rangers) management do that

But the management felt the investment they made wasnt paying off and they have a right because it is their club. So there is no animosity.

Within six hours of his dismissal, Bateau was re-hired by his former employer, San Juan Jabloteh, where he will work as assistant coach alongside head coach Kevin Jeffrey and fellow assistant, Nigel Henry.

He left us for a better position, said Jabloteh CEO Azaad Khan, but we always said he could come back to us at any time because he is very, very good.

Fakoory admitted that Bateau was on thin ice for some time before he finally lost the faith of the management after a 4-0 loss to Police FC last Saturday. Rangers managed one win and 18 defeats from its 19 league games this season. However, the young squad was often commended for its pluck and structure and was rarely outclassed.

We were not happy with the results and the Police game tripped me off and (Director of Operations Richard Piper and I) agreed that we had to make a change, said Fakoory. I knew the last game was very good but I cant go on one game. I have to go on a series of games and we have scored two goals in (12) games this year.

Cue Streete who accepted the task of delivering points from Rangers last five league games. He will hold his first session with the squad tomorrow and will have some bedding-in time as his club enjoys a bye this weekend.

The goal is to move them off the three points and see how far they could progress, said Streete. I always watch them play and I like the direction they are going in with the youths. But this is just part-time until the end of the season and then they have to look for a coach.

Once Club Sando comes in the Pro League, I am (with) Club Sando.

And what if Club Sando does not win a Pro League place?

Well, then I will have to make a professional decision, said Streete. But I am happy with Sando.

Fakoory hinted that a positive end to the season might strengthen the clubs resolve to hire Streete on a permanent basis if the opportunity presents itself.

If I get points in three of the last five games and do well in the (Lucozade Sport Goal Shield or Digicel Pro Bowl), I will be pleased, said Fakoory. I think the players are ready to go and we felt it was better to make the (coaching) move now than to wait until the end the season, start next season with a new coach and then realise after two months that it was not working.

I know (Streete) has a love for Sando; but he does have a special love for Rangers as well and he always wanted a second chance

Rangers next league match is likely to be against Jabloteh. It should be a tasty one for Bateau and Streete.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 07:06:51 PM by Flex »

1]; } ?>