March 28, 2024, 01:05:19 PM

Author Topic: EPL Results  (Read 6122 times)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
EPL Results
« on: August 19, 2006, 12:37:58 PM »
Bolton 2-0 Tottenham

Arsenal 1-1 Villa

Newcastle 2- 1 Wigan

Sheffield United 1- 1 Liverpool

Wesham 3- 1 Charlton

Everton 2-  1Watford

Portsmouth 3- 0 Blackburn

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
Re: EPL Results
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 01:13:14 PM »
Suprising yet satisfying

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 02:09:49 PM »
Pompey must be rell excited  his team top d table for a day

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 05:39:38 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

we are top of the league I said we are top of the league :cheers:

we were great today (and Blackburn were pretty poor). we all doubted the signing of Kanu but he looked good when he came on. Benjani though was different class, he was awesome.

look out Chelsea, here we come :beermug:

it won;t last, so I'll get excited about it while I can ;D

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 05:43:19 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

we were great today (and Blackburn were pretty poor). we all doubted the signing of Kanu but he looked good when he came on. Benjani though was different class, he was awesome.

Im thinking maybe 10th for Portsmouth. Maybe a bit higher or a bit lower.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 09:01:47 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kanu is an excellent signing. Hard to believe he is only 31...seems like he has been around fuh much longer.

Liverpool get away today....that penalty should not have been called. But good work by Sheffield.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 10:30:45 PM »
although arsenal draw. . .i is seein real potential fuh big tings to happn. . .in de new emirates stadium. . .

allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Steven Gerrard in mid-season form arready!!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 12:41:07 AM »
 Gerrard done start wit he divin' nonsense already.  The man has not skipped a BEAT!!  If there was ANY contact at all on that so-called foul, I don't think even a spider would have felt it on its web!!  But little Stevie damned near broke his NECK!!   After the game the referee defended his decision......wid a straight face.........and Rafa Benitez said that after watching the replay "....it was CLEARLY a penalty...." OH-KAY, Rafa.....and went on to cry about decisions liverpool wasn't getting during the game  :whistling: wid a straight face!! 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Ocky

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Gerrard in mid-season form arready!!
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 03:51:50 AM »
You must be watching a different game to me, he tried to stay on his feet and even got his shot away. How could he have done that if he dived like you say??

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 06:16:12 AM »
Gerrard done start wit he divin' nonsense already.  The man has not skipped a BEAT!!  If there was ANY contact at all on that so-called foul, I don't think even a spider would have felt it on its web!!  But little Stevie damned near broke his NECK!!   After the game the referee defended his decision......wid a straight face.........and Rafa Benitez said that after watching the replay "....it was CLEARLY a penalty...." OH-KAY, Rafa.....and went on to cry about decisions liverpool wasn't getting during the game  :whistling: wid a straight face!! 

Wut u talkin bout.. Gerrard didnt dive, he was runnin at full speed and he lift he leg up to avoid the tackle..he lose his balance coz of that . but if he didnt lift he leg up he cudda jus fell over like anyone else. he even tried to get the shot in.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 06:25:38 AM »
gerrard didnt dive, he tried to stay on his feet.  Contact was minimal, but Jakeilka came in kinda hard and missed the ball completely and did enough to put gerrard off his stride.

Would it have been a foul outside the box?....yes it would, so why not in the box?

Why does a man have to be severly damaged in the box for someone to say its a penalty?

A penalty is simply a foul in the penalty area, and that was a foul!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 06:37:55 AM »
what de hell you was watching boy?lol
was a blatant penalty and de man shoulda been sent off cause he was de last man

anyway you woulda prefer Gerrard to fall down and not continue to try and score?
cause he defintely coulda gone to ground more dramitacally than dat and still get the penalty.
i'm glad he still tried to continue running with the ball and not dive and roll round like a Pires, Henry or Ronaldo..steups
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Manutd vs Fullham
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 07:16:15 AM »
is four nill and only 40 minutes gone.........

saha, rooney, ronaldo, own goal.......

smile small magician, smile

ah love it!!..........is chelsea turn later!!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manutd vs Fullham
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 07:30:20 AM »
where small magician?  u side running ball moving off d ball and interchanging and rooney and ronaldo have no issues on d field
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 07:40:32 AM »
where small magician?  u side running ball moving off d ball and interchanging and rooney and ronaldo have no issues on d field

4-1 HT   second half now starting   i watching it on guandong on sopcast

and yes i'm smiling  ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 07:41:45 AM »
gerrard didnt dive, he tried to stay on his feet. Contact was minimal, but Jakeilka came in kinda hard and missed the ball completely and did enough to put gerrard off his stride.

Would it have been a foul outside the box?....yes it would, so why not in the box?

Why does a man have to be severly damaged in the box for someone to say its a penalty?

Wut u talkin bout.. Gerrard didnt dive, he was runnin at full speed and he lift he leg up to avoid the tackle..he lose his balance coz of that . but if he didnt lift he leg up he cudda jus fell over like anyone else. he even tried to get the shot in.
You must be watching a different game to me, he tried to stay on his feet and even got his shot away. How could he have done that if he dived like you say??

gerrard didnt dive, he tried to stay on his feet. Contact was minimal, but Jakeilka came in kinda hard and missed the ball completely and did enough to put gerrard off his stride.

Well, I will at least say that all of you are right in the sense that he did "try to stay on his feet" and didn't "dive" in the usual sense of the word. but given the context of the meaning "diving" in the sport of football (which seems to be lost on all of you) is that he lost his balance as a result of skipping over and avoiding the tackle.........and he DID avoid the tackle, yet he started to appeal to the referee for the penalty as soon as he hit the ground.  I didn't watch the game but even the folks on Fox who showed the highlights felt that there was no contact, so, maybe I was watching the same highlights they were.     

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 07:50:26 AM »
paging Palos ;D waiz dah one  ;D
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2006, 08:24:59 AM »
make dat 5-1, rooney score again!!

feliziano smiling too!!

come on chelsea..........do it!!

match de red devils

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2006, 08:33:24 AM »
HELL YEA!! LETS GO UNITED!!! TO THE TOP OF THE FRAKKING TABLE!!!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2006, 08:36:34 AM »
Match Report!!

www.skysports.com

A Premiership record crowd was treated to an Old Trafford exhibition as Manchester United emphatically put down an early title marker with a 5-1 demolition of Fulham.

The 75,111 fans crammed into the expanded venue bore witness to a devastating first-half performance from United, in which the hosts scored four times in the opening 20 minutes.

Louis Saha opened the scoring against his former club and Ian Pearce turned into his own net, while World Cup foes Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo proved there is no lingering bad blood with a goal apiece.

Heidar Helguson's deflected shot off Rio Ferdinand lifted Fulham before the break, but Rooney scored another in the second half in a one-sided affair.

Fulham started brightly with debutant Jimmy Bullard spying some slack defending from United to feed a free kick into Papa Bouba Diop, who shot straight at Edwin van der Sar.

But the visitors' resistance lasted just seven minutes as The Red Devils took the lead with a well-worked goal. Saha flicked Rooney's cross-field ball on to Ryan Giggs and promptly darted between the two Fulham centre halves to glance in the Welshman's centre.

Van der Sar made simple stops from a Diop header and Bullard free kick before United scored the first of three goals in the space of five minutes.

A clever pass from Giggs found Rooney, the ball broke for Ronaldo to play Saha into space and his low cross was turned past Antti Niemi by experienced defender Pearce.

United needed no second invitation to go for the jugular and made it 3-0 on 16 minutes. Saha's athletic volley was pushed out by Niemi and Rooney was on hand to convert an easy opportunity from close range.

The Cottagers' defence was spreadeagled and the hosts capitalised again on 19 minutes when Rooney's deep cross evaded Franck Queudrue and his old sparring partner Ronaldo arrived late at the far post to prod past a helpless Niemi.

Saha should have inflicted further damage midway through the first half, but he failed to connect cleanly to a precise ball into the box from fellow Frenchman, Patrice Evra.

On the half hour, the ubiquitous Paul Scholes almost got in on the act when his low drive from 25 yards skidded back off the base of the post and hit Niemi on the back, with the Finnish keeper recovering in time to prevent the ball crossing the line.

Fulham finally brought some cheer to a thoroughly miserable half for Chris Coleman's side on 41 minutes when Helguson collected Bullard's pass and saw his left-foot drive ricochet off Ferdinand and loop tantalisingly over van der Sar.

Gary Neville, who has been struggling with a calf injury, sat out the second half, which started in tepid fashion until Michael Brown incurred the wrath of Giggs for catching the Welshman.

Giggs was booked for a clumsy attempt at retribution and he was soon appealing for a penalty when his cross hit Liam Rosenior on the hand, but a spot kick would have been a harsh award.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Park Ji-sung were given a run-out on the hour mark before United created a fifth goal on 64 minutes which was a lesson in simplicity.

Scholes fed Ronaldo, who released Wes Brown down the right flank and his pull back was effortlessly swept home by the unmarked Rooney.

The England ace supplied Ronaldo with the chance for what should have been the Portuguese's second goal on 70 minutes, but the winger placed his shot wide of the upright when sent in behind a hapless Fulham defence.

United's intricate passing and movement regularly left Fulham outnumbered and Niemi was on hand to make low stops from a Ronaldo drive and deflected Scholes effort.

Fulham boss Coleman may not have expected much from the game given his side's woeful away record last season, but he would have anticipated greater endeavour, while United will be aware they will face much sterner examinations as the season progresses.

nb: anybody know what dat word in bold mean? ??? (without google!!)

ah love it!!

come sheva, do de trick with yuh hat!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2006, 08:55:35 AM »
WELL DONE UTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!            COME ON CITY COME ON CITY COME ON CITY!!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2006, 09:06:04 AM »
yeah it means being every where at once being ever present, its one of GOd,s characteristics  means the same thing as omnipresent (no google)
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2006, 09:18:11 AM »
f**king chelsea now score               ferriera dive and dey geh a free kik and terry score a header

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2006, 09:20:44 AM »
f**king chelsea now score               ferriera dive and dey geh a free kik and terry score a header

dat is my captain  :wavetowel:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2006, 10:44:27 AM »
gerrard didnt dive, he tried to stay on his feet.  Contact was minimal, but Jakeilka came in kinda hard and missed the ball completely and did enough to put gerrard off his stride.

nah boy andre boy i feel to get ah penalty in de box de tackle have to be a little more than simple

iz goal yuh goin and get. cyar let ah simple tackle decide ah world cup. thats headache thing
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2006, 11:12:48 AM »
Didier Drogba and Ivan Campo scored 2 real nice goals this weekend boy. I think they good for goal of the week ?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2006, 12:11:53 PM »
indeed lovely build up paly before the drogba goal and meh boy real get low to direct it ....but once again look at the might of chelsea

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2006, 02:08:16 PM »
WELL DONE UTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!            COME ON CITY COME ON CITY COME ON CITY!!

ur really not a true man u fan..hahah

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2006, 03:04:37 PM »
I was a bit suprised by the Arsenal result, but they played a good game and will get even better as the season progresses. I didn't think Man U was 5-1 better than Fulham, but they looked the part as a challenger to Chelsea.

Next matchday I think Man U and Chelsea should both win away to Charlton and Middlesborough. We'll see how Pompey does away to Man City. 

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2006, 07:54:30 PM »
Didier Drogba and Ivan Campo scored 2 real nice goals this weekend boy. I think they good for goal of the week ?

Drogba's goal definitely was goal of de week for me...the buildup and the finish. Real sublime. Reminded me of Yorke or Henrik Larsson at their peak.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 07:56:16 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>