March 28, 2024, 11:11:33 PM

Author Topic: Opened Doors!  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Opened Doors!
« on: August 22, 2006, 08:23:19 AM »
I wanted to start a tread for a player who I would call a LIVING LEGEND. He actually has open doors for alot of the players from Trinidad who are playing in Europe today. I remembered him at the ages of 14-16 playing with Signal Hill and playing against him with the national under 16. He was one of the first ever players to be chosen or signed at the age of 16 by a manager from an English club called Aston Villa. The manager notice the player gift while playing a scrimmage game in Tobago who was marveled with his skills and then wanted him to switch teams during the game… so that he would play on his squad on the day because of his nifty moves.

The player then moved on to playing with Aston Villa who then sold him for what was a record signing by Sir Alex Ferguson from Man-U. He was one of the main reasons why a Treble was won by Manchester United one the year of 1999 one of the most powerful clubs in Europe.  We have a player who is an ambassador of the game we call football. Dwight Yorke’s name will always be remembered… sometime I think he’s overlooked for was he have done and what he’s doing for the sport in our country.  He has opened up many of doors with accomplishments!
 :)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Opened Doors!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 11:38:52 PM »

So true!  But the story is so well known that it is unlikely to receive additional attention.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 06:37:49 AM »

So true!  But the story is so well known that it is unlikely to receive additional attention.
Well at least it will be a reminder... like a sticky per say! For me personally I wanted to big him up for his contribution. :)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 06:48:48 AM »
Dwight is a legend in the making,you can't call him a legend just yet,this usually occurs when his career is over and depending on the depth of his career he'll be among the legends like maradona,platini,pele,beckenbauer,etc...........so hold on there's still time. 

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 07:16:14 AM »
Dwight is a legend in the making,you can't call him a legend just yet,this usually occurs when his career is over and depending on the depth of his career he'll be among the legends like maradona,platini,pele,beckenbauer,etc...........so hold on there's still time. 

for a player who I would call a LIVING LEGEND. In the football ball world he might not be a LEGEND as yet... but to us as Trini's he should be. Tell me of another player who has done for our little country what he has done...it's the same thing as what Brian has done in cricket.

1]; } ?>