March 28, 2024, 10:25:56 AM

Author Topic: SWO Exclusive Interview with Shaun Fuentes.  (Read 13095 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
SWO Exclusive Interview with Shaun Fuentes.
« on: August 22, 2006, 10:30:13 AM »
Exclusive Interview with TTFF Media man Shaun Fuentes.
Interview Conducted By Inshan "Flex" Mohammed.
[/size]

1. How was the experience at the 2006 World Cup. Was it anything you imagine it to be.
SF: A truly amazing and unforgettable experience. I felt it would have been something exciting but what happened there with T&T and the reception we received throughout our stay there was beyond my wildest imagination and I stand by that especially after the likes of Dwight and other senior members felt similarly.
There will never one like this for Trinidad and Tobago again, even if we qualify and go further at another one, moreso because of the fact that 2006 was our first appearance and we did it so as the smallest nation ever and we did it with a performance that left a lasting impression. I got to experience it from a different perspective, being there in capacity of the team's media officer and that was second to none but I surely would love to experience it as a fan one day as well. But who could ask for more than being part of the Soca Warriors, eating, sleeping and riding bikes with the boys, qualifying and getting to a World Cup was fantastic. The standards set by this team cannot go unnoticed and the manner in which everyone carried themselves and performed their roles is something that will forever remain with me. Hopefully I can use this to further my skill and support to other causes.

2. You have been around many T&T coaches in the past and also worked around Win Rijsbergen during the Leo Beenhakker era. Do you feel confident with Win as head coach.
SF: I am definitely confident even as they say I’m always the optimist. I have seen Wim worked and witnessed it with Leo Beenhakker. They are two totally different characters with different personalities but Wim has the assets to guide T&T, particularly as he has the prior experience with us.

3. Seeing that you are the only official press officer for the senior, women, youth teams and other miscellaneous press releases that you do. How do you cope with such a busy task.
SF: It's difficult! A such I'm never satisfied with the outcome of the work. And the laid back approach of our local media (Sorry for saying it because I was once part of the local media) doesn't make it any easier. The desire and the crave for reporting our football is not as it is in other countries. My task as media officer for a Federation is not quite the same as it would be for one from another country such as USA, Holland or even South Africa or Japan. I say this because I have to have a more hands on role in that sometimes even around big internationals, if I don't do player interviews, or even a match preview, we run the risk of one of the daily or more not carrying an adequate report. And that alone is the Senior team, inclusive of our overseas-based pros I'm talking about. We haven't touched the youth or women teams or even local league action.

4. Shaun, the members on the Soca Warriors Online would like to say thank you for all the reports, videos and photos we have been getting from you for quite some time now. And don't feel for a minute we don't appreciate it. However, any chance we will continue to get such- especially for other teams and not just the senior team.
SF: Always once I am affiliated in this position. But the task is getting harder because our generated interest has grown tremendously since we qualified and moreso since our remarkable performance in Germany. I am making attempts to increase the media services of the TTFF because I remain the only man performing such tasks. I went to the World Cup and learnt that the other teams in our Group and maybe even all other competing teams all had a main media officer as well as a back up press team comprising of four and five persons to perform roles of photographer, interviewer, match report writer, website manager and a person to issue releases as well as assist in coordinating media conferences. All that was combined with a main media officer whose role was to oversee all those tasks and perform where necessary. Except for T&T having a team videographer present, I performed all the other roles with at media conferences and open training sessions from FIFA media officer Rob de Leede. And for those who felt the Government reward was unfitting, I simply looked at it as one for the services extended since I joined the Federation in 2000 and that reward was for the services extended during and up until the 2006 campaign. That is now the past. But in saying that, I enjoyed it all and what an experience it was. But we have to move with the times and as such there are attempts now to get added assistance. The problem is it's difficult to get persons who are willing to go the distance or give the effort without seeking too much of their own personal interest. And part time volunteers at this level are a no no. The vision and efforts of Jack Warner must be commended in ensuring a media officer was part of the Federation's staff.

5. Can you give us a small in-depth report on how the new look team performed against Japan. Like the bright and dull spots in the game, in other words, what stood out.
SF: The fact that we had a team that was able to carry the T&T colours before 50,000 odd fans under difficult circumstances ie the first appearance of T&T since the World Cup and with four or more players making their senior international debut. It showed that our locally-based players have the potential but they are still some way off. But practice makes permanent and hopefully we can build from this, using a mixture of our current experienced players with our upcoming talent.

6. You saw many of the new players called in training and during the Japan game. Which one do you have a "gut" feeling will go the furthest.
SF: Stephen David and Clyde Leon. Andre Pacheco, Kerry Baptiste, and Kendall Jagdeosingh are also promising.

7. Are you responsible for keeping tabs on our foreign players. Like the ones who wasn't considered for Germany or wasn't called-up in a while. Do you call them from time to time to get updates and so on. Let them know that they are appreciated and not forgotten about especially the future guys like Boucaud, Shakes, Norville, Sam- etc.
SF: I continue to do that and a database is maintained just in order to keep tabs and keep the current national coaches updated on progress from a week to week basis. The difference now is that we are widely covered and that augers brilliantly for our players and how they are marketed. I for one cannot follow everyone and their every move. Fans also need to understand that as a media officer, it's different to being the average reporter and I can differentiate because I was once a regular journalist being in my position, there are more sensitive issues to deal with. Sometimes stories have to be held back until a certain time or not released entirely because of the fact that it's the wish of the person or persons involved. Sometimes I also get first hand reports from foreign media on our overseas players for input or for the sake of record before it goes out but I have to hold back until the original source gets it out. And then of course there are always the leaked stories.

8. What is your main aim as far as your career goes.
SF: Hard one to answer. At 25, being the youngest media officer to work with the first ever T&T team and the smallest ever nation at a World Cup I guess could be the ultimate aim of an individual with similar aspirations. Sometimes I wonder if I should have achieved this at a later age in order to have that ultimate dream to achieve. When I started at media officer for the team back in 2000, it was always in the back of my mind and now it's history. Time will tell what the world has to offer.

9. Can we expect any in-depth reports, photos and videos for the CFU U-16 cup that is about to begin.
SF: I am the one main media officer for the event and also media officer for the T&T Team. My role will be to coordinate general reports and running of media related events.

10. Shaun, who is responsible for carrying out reports and photos on the SSFL. Can we expect anything from the federation's press officer this season.
SF: I started covering SSFL in my early days at the Trinidad Guardian. But I took a different stance over the years because I felt too much emphasis was being placed on this level football and the players at that age. The majority of our players lack the discipline to properly handle the exposure given to them at that level via the local media and many are affected by it. With the exception of Kenwyne Jones and Silvio Spann, we cannot name two or more players who have come out of the SSFL as promising talent since the mid 90s or so and gone on to make it at the international or overseas level. The SSFL, even though it falls under the TTFF has a separate organization to handle the League but I will however be affiliated with a local website to assist in reporting of the action.

Thank You...
Shaun Fuentes.

Note:
On behalf of the Soca Warriors Online I just what to say Thank You to Mr. Shaun Fuentes for taking the time to do this interview for us. Please keep up the great work you are doing and we all wish you all the best in the future..

10-Aug-2006.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 07:31:52 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SWO Exclusive Interview with Shaun Fuentes.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 10:35:06 AM »
thanks Flex   :beermug:

Big up Shaun

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 10:48:10 AM »
well done meh boy..........ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 10:56:04 AM »
Thanks Flex ...shaun
9. Can we expect any in-depth reports, photos and videos for the CFU U-16 cup that is about to begin.
SF: I am the one main media officer for the event and also media officer for the T&T Team. My role will be to coordinate general reports and running of media related events.
So what does this mean  ??? ,are we getting Videos of up coming and past games or not .We just need a few VHS or DVD"s .come on shaun your the man  :beermug:

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 11:06:01 AM »
Hope he gets the help he needs, since there is so much room for improvement in terms of keeping us informed at all levels. SF.. use some ah the coins you get to hire ah couple apprentices..ah sure you could get some interns who would love to offer their services for the experience.

I've never been a fan of yours (mainly since I always expect more).. however, I'm always grateful for what you share with us.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 11:06:08 AM »
Thanks for the interview, Flex. One question i wish i can ask him is if he ever proofreads his relesaes just the slightest.
Hart for president

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 01:40:56 PM »
big up Shaun everytime

Més que un club.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 01:41:53 PM »
Nice Interview..... .totally agree wit hthe level of exposure given to the SSFL players. Them fellas don't seem capable of handling it at that level.....

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 02:48:17 PM »
Nice Flex And Shaun F...
The whole comment about SSFL seems to be true... Them fellaz feel they reach when they conquer SSFL... There are so many talented players,that never amount to anything because of lack of discipline and guidance...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 04:30:10 PM »
Nice Flex And Shaun F...
The whole comment about SSFL seems to be true... Them fellaz feel they reach when they conquer SSFL... There are so many talented players,that never amount to anything because of lack of discipline and guidance...

SSFL is jokes breds.  I bin sayin that for a while now.  SSFL is MAINLY for bragging rights.  And is no disrespect to SSFL...but it is not the vehicle for development of our young potential national footballers.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 04:57:59 PM »
another thing men might not know iz that shawn does hook-up men on this site when he get ah chance

never forget the treatment ah get when i say i iz morvantman :beermug:

shawn i was always ah fan cause you have ah dream job in my eyes ;D

big up you and flex

and ah feel allyuh should work together too
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 07:30:23 PM »

i say i iz morvantman

who thought that would ah open doors for yuh

Més que un club.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 08:28:55 PM »

i say i iz morvantman

who thought that would ah open doors for yuh

mr man i could google my name and at least 6 things pop-up. i big
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 06:06:55 AM »
Nice interview, but Shaun should really get some help because reports from SSFL, PFL, Women and youth teams in VERY POOR..... I hope he gets the needed help...

Thanks for the interview Shaun, like how you took the time for Flex to do this interview and I hope allyuh men could work together and you can give he site the much needed respect and recognition it surely deserve, because yuh saying de local media dont support, but de SWO does to some entent and get no respect in de end... so do onto others... But get some help, you need to speak with Jack seriously, because de local media in T&T very poor, I dont know why the Express, Newsday and Guardian dont hire better sport reporters. Lasana Liburd (apart, he good).. but he too need to do some game reports as well...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 06:42:34 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 07:17:32 AM »
Flex you aint ask the man the critical questions

Like how much hoes was tracking the players in Germany?

How much thing he pull in Trinidad since he get a piece of big money?

These are some of the things people want to know

All these media things can fall by the way side we need more tabloid stories!!!!!!!!!!

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 07:41:19 AM »
well morvant at least one of them googles is you...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 08:06:04 AM »
Journalism in TNT is a joke and Sport Journalismis a bad joke. Them fellas does feed the baccahanal that TT public like. Look at the Spann claims of being fit he fit yet and the Wc done since July 9th and we did not reach the final.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 02:51:42 AM »
Good work Flex....

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 08:38:30 AM »
Thanks fleX!
Shaun:

Take a look at the bossman JW and how many hats he wears. I think he expects the same of you. Don't disappoint him ;D. On a more serious note, what are some of the plans for new TTFF website? There's no information about the The TTFF it's vision, programmes, mission etc. What's up with dat :angel:
Live large and prosper!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 05:45:47 AM »
Who remember this in 2001 ?

Live Chat post with Shaun Fuentes & Brent Sancho
Source: Flex Mohammed - socawarriors.net

Sando: Shaun and them is here,,,,

Palos: Bertille might be plenty tings but he have rinciple

Shaun Fuentes: good night folks

Palos: sorry...principle

Tallman: greetings

Dave: Hi guys!

Sando: Good night,,,fleX yuh come through......

Palos: aye Shaun...

Palos: Welcome Brent...if da is you..

fleX: Hello fellas,,,and thanks for coimng,,,I was getting worried, lol.....

Shaun Fuentes: sorry for the lateness fellas

brent sancho: good night everyone. Sorry I am late.

Shaun Fuentes: here with me is Brent Sancho

fleX: Trini time I guess.

Palos: lol!

Shaun Fuentes: We time

brent sancho: I was at the Marten Anatol soccer picnic.

fleX: Hello Brent its a pleasure.....

brent sancho: thank you.

KyrgyzstaniGold: your lateness is excused, welcome

brent sancho: appreciate it.

Dave: Hi from Portland Brent

Palos: so fellas...as time limited, same rules...2 question per man startin with who sign on first?

Shaun Fuentes: shot them

Sando: Brent do you know Ante a goalkeeper from Croatia that played with you at St Johns.

Kyrgyzstani Gold: ...ah go have to refer to you as "K" seen..

brent sancho: no. I do not recall.

Sando: ok....

Shaun Fuentes: Flex, we also wanna say much about Mickey's game on Wednesday

Tallman: Shaun, why do we have such a hard time getting good quality opposition for friendlies? The last time we had quality opposition was under St. Clair.

Palos: so fellas...leh we start with Flex....then Sando, K, Dave, Tallman etc.

fleX: Good ahead Shaun,,,,tell us more about Mickey....just want Brent to know that we have 2 Portland supporters on board....shoot Shaun....

Shaun Fuentes: We had one quality friendly under Bertille and that was against Colombia

Tallman: We also play South Africa, Morocco etc.

brent sancho: That is one of the main reasons I am online tonight, is to talk a little bit about the Mickey Trotman benefit game.

Shaun Fuentes: yeh but those were matches that came at a time when games were easy and when World Cup bidding was in the fray

Palos: so leh we start with the Mickey Trotman ting

Shaun Fuentes: other than that, the next game was against Honduras

Shaun Fuentes: but I agree with you, we do have a minor problem in getting appropriate friendles organise

Palos: go ahead Brent & Shaun

brent sancho: It takes place on boxing day.

brent sancho: It takes place at Felix Ferriera Recreational grounds...

brent sancho: starts at 1:30 with a female game.

brent sancho: Then,

brent sancho: the T&T foreign base takes on "Cool it". A local team by Mickey Trotman.

fleX: yes I red about it,,,,,,Shaun how can I advertise for this game,,,,,I want to help.......

fleX: in any way....

Shaun Fuentes: just keep it on your front page flex

fleX: ok...

Tallman: Who on de foreign base side ?

brent sancho: It kicks off at 3:30pm. with the likes of Brent Rahim, Gary Glasgow, Kevin Jeffreys, Leslie 'Tiger' Fitzpatrick (who is here right now as well)...

Shaun Fuentes: yes fellas we have the Tiger in the house

Palos: welcome Tiger!!

brent sancho: T-shirts, raffle tickets and a bar. All proceeds go to Mickey Trotman's family.

fleX: How is Tiger as a player ???never saw him play.....heard alot.....

brent sancho: He good to go.

Shaun Fuentes: he like a Tiger on his good day

fleX: that really nice........

Palos: Tiger...say someting nah

brent sancho: The 'Cool it' team has Jerren Nixon,

brent sancho: Angus Eve, Nigel Pierre, Arnold Dwarika...

Sando: how can we donate money to the Trotman game.....

Tallman: What are the terms of the benefit ? Does the money go to his family ?

brent sancho: We plan to set up a bank a/c and the info. will be handed to you guys as soon as possible.

Palos: nice

Sando: nixon is a great player man........we need nakhid to replace Warner........

Shaun Fuentes: yeh and we need princes town to replace Sando ent?

brent sancho: Leslie is on the same computer with me., that is why he can't talk at the same time.

brent sancho: He is here with me in person.

Palos: kool

Shaun Fuentes: Don't forget the entertainment Brent

brent sancho: Bunji Garlin, Nigel and Marvin Lewis,

bob: soccerfan, hello !

Sando: Bunji is boss

brent sancho: Radioactive, Jugglers, just to name a few... Bunji will most likely perform his tune in which he mentions Mickey

brent sancho: yes.

Palos: sound real nice....hope for a great turn out

fleX: thats real nice,,,,,respect to Bunji for that......

Tallman: Is the league that Mickey supported still alive ?

Shaun Fuentes: yes, Stern John helps out financially

brent sancho: Oh yes. They actually won the league this year. Cool it!

Shaun Fuentes: it is handled by Mickey's aunt

Tallman: Will this be a one time game or will it be an annual event ?

Shaun Fuentes: hopefully an annual game, right Brent

brent sancho: No. It is an annual event.

brent sancho: We are playing for a huge challenge trophy donated by CLICO.

fleX: Sorry I got cut off.

Shaun Fuentes: Flex yu aint pay your bill or what

Shaun Fuentes: lol

fleX: Yuh feel is TSTT or what..

fleX: lol

fleX: So Snacho are you going to Europe ?????

brent sancho: Well there are a couple things in place for me in different European countries...

brent sancho: but,

brent sancho: my total attention is the Gold Cup.

Dave: we loved having you in Portland, Brent

Palos: so fellas, we startin with the 2 questions a man ting or we just free stylin?

fleX: ok Parlos start moderating the board.........

KyrgyzstaniGold: It's really great having you in portland Brent - hope to see lots more of ya

brent sancho: Portland is a great city.

Palos: ok...so is Flex, then "K", then Dave, Tallman, Palos, Doc and if Sando come back we pull him in

Palos: 2 questions per man

Palos: Flex start it up

fleX: 1. ok guys,,,start here............Sancho honestly where you over looked by Bertile St Clair because of your hair......

Shaun Fuentes: please you guys indicate who your questions are aimed at. That situation was delt with back then and it is water under the bridge. Mr. St Clair has done a lot for Trinidad football.

Palos: yuh listenin to Panday & Manning plenty boy Brent..safe answer bwoy..

brent sancho: No, it's just the truth.

Palos: jus kicksin lil bit....ah hear yuh

Palos: flex...question #2

fleX: I good

Palos: ok...so on to "K"

Palos: aka Kyrgyzstani Gold

KyrgyzstaniGold: I really dont have a question, I relly just came to support The Mickey stuff.

Palos: thanks for the support bro..ok...anything Dave??

brent sancho: That's good. I hope the general public feels the same way.

Dave: Hi Brent, any idea if you are returning to the Timbers next year?

brent sancho: There is something presently on the table with the Timbers.

brent sancho: But I hope to go to Europe. That is my #1 goal.

Dave: Is it up to them to offer you what you want?

KyrgyzstaniGold: Oh, ok, sure, NOW i think of a question - wait - i didnt mean to interupt, continue

brent sancho: No. I have a 2 year contract.

Dave: Apart from Zurich any other clubs offered a trial?

brent sancho: Yes, There are a couple clubs in Germany and Belgium that are very interested in my services.

Dave: Good luck!

Palos: thanks Dave...

brent sancho: Thank you.

Palos: Tallman...you next

Tallman: Shaun, do you believe that Warner is gone for good ? If so, what plans does the TTFF have to bridge the financial gap ?

Shaun Fuentes: yes of course, but this is expected to start no earlier than February, where appropriate screening sessions will be set up for the selection of Under 20 and Under 23 players

Shaun Fuentes: I should say that I don't expect him to totally sever his ties with the TTFF but we can expect him to have less involvement, even possibly financially which will be somewhat of a loss to the Federation.

Palos: no probs..we understand wha yuh sayin.

Palos: welcome maggie...2 questions per person to Shaun or Brent...you're after Doc

doc: Shaun, with respect to the difficulty of travel, are any effort being made to regionalize training to involve a broader base of players on all national teams e.g Tobago, South etc?

Tallman: Brent, what do you think has to change in T&T's defence in order for it to reach a world class standard ?

brent sancho: I don't think that anything needs to change, but we definitely need to work harder on keeping goals out and being more patient..

brent sancho: in our one-on-one defending.

Palos: yuh ok there Tallman?

Tallman: One thing that I do notice is that we are over zealous in our defending and we give up many free kicks just outside the area.

brent sancho: yes this is true but I think if we concentrate a little bit more and be a little bit more patient in our defending we should be alright.

Tallman: OK palos, I good.

Palos: kool...Shaun, my 1st question is for you

Palos: From the outside looking in, I am concerned that our preparation for the Gold Cup is much less than desirable. Is the coach and team concerned about this and if so, what are they planning to do about it?

Shaun Fuentes: yes I agree with this, but I think while we have found difficulties in getting appropriate matches arranged, the difference this time is that we'll have more than half the list of overseas players in camp from day one when training resumes

Shaun Fuentes: Also while it was always noticeable that whenever the entire team was together prior the game, the presence of the likes of Yorke and Latapy always had everyone on a high, even without these two around, while there will be something missing, I don't seeing us having much problem having a good spirit

Shaun Fuentes: this time around

Palos: thanks bro

Palos: Brent, fisrt of all let me congratulate you on what I thought was a really good performance against the USA. I was impressed by your calm manner at all times

brent sancho: Thank you very much.

Shaun Fuentes: Also I see us going into this tournament as somewhat underdogs and in the past even in a similar situation, we were always guarded against because of the names Yorke and Latapy and a couple others, but this time I don't see that happening and it could work in our favour

brent sancho: Swima send a hail to everyone.

fleX: my boy Swima, whats up.

Palos: Brent, on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate coach Simoes and how has he helped you the most on the national team

brent sancho: 10!

Shaun Fuentes: BOOOM

Palos: Expand on that 10...enquiring minds want to know...

brent sancho: He has been able to balance good coaching with good discipline and everyone is very comfortable with him.

brent sancho: I could see how he took Jamaica, diamond in the rough, and made them shine.

Palos: has he helped you personally with your game?

Palos: if so, in what way?

brent sancho: Yes, definitely. We talk often and he has taught me how to be a better positional player.

Palos: nice....that's it for me...thanks guys...Doc, you next.

fleX: 1. Shaun who was Simoes impress with on the school side that played the Soca Warriors last week and what was the starting and sub line up for the Senior team.....

fleX: sorry Doc......

Shaun Fuentes: Flex I will send you that info via email but off hand I can say Anthony Noreiga and Andre Pacheco. Noreiga is eligible for Under 23 and had a trial in Belgium and Pacheco is now 17.

fleX: Thanks...

doc: Brent what would you consider your primary playing position to be?

brent sancho: I like playing any central defensive position, or anywhere in the central defense.

doc: Brent! Being a full time pro', how has your club team training improved you as a player ?

brent sancho: I think the professional environment is one that is condusive to learning.

brent sancho: I have been able to develop and mature as a player and a person.

doc: There seems to be an opportunity to claim one of the CB positions now, are you ready to stake your claim?

brent sancho: Yes definitely. I am going to give 100% and try to stake my claim as a starter and a major contributor to this team.

doc: I wish you well!

doc: Shaun

Palos: Same here!!

brent sancho: thank you.

Palos: Shaun, you have any questions? If not, maybe we can just free style it unless it get's out of control

Tallman: Brent, if you do get a contract in Europe, how are you going to deal with demands of the national team ? Will you ask to be left out of some games ?

Palos: Same for you Brent.

brent sancho: I will try to make every single game that Trinidad has. Although it is nice to be playing in Europe, my main goal is to take Trinidad to World Cup.

fleX: impressive Brent,,,,but all players say this and when the time comes they turn their backs....

brent sancho: Trust me, anybody that knows me knows that's what my main goal.

Shaun Fuentes: what questions Palos

doc: with respect to the difficulty of travel in TT, has the TTFF considered regionalizing their training centers to broaden the base of players at all national teams?

Shaun Fuentes: I don't think right now Doc, the only possible camp may be in the US and right now there are no outright plans for that.

Palos: ok....what we'll do is this. Tallman & Doc asked questions so we'll answer those first. Shaun, I was referring to anything about the posters, Flex site etc.

Shaun Fuentes: I'm cool Palos.

Tallman: Shaun, are we seriously pursuing a bid to host the 2007 U-20 World Cup ?

Shaun Fuentes: yes we are, as a matter of fact, this was one of the topics of meetings at the recent FIFA Exec meeting

Dave: Brent, did you enjoy working with Bobby and Jimmy at Portland. Did they have anything to offer you coaching-wise?

brent sancho: Yes. They are an encyclopedia of knowledge.

flex: Brent can you predict a starting 11 for T&T in the gold cup and also can you see us qualifying for the 2006 World Cup ?

brent sancho: It's tough to name a starting team because you never know who will peak right before the Gold Cup.

Tallman: Shaun, is the TTFF doing anything formal/official in terms of fan support for the Gold Cup (e.g. charter flights etc.) ?

Shaun Fuentes: no nothing as yet, possibly these plans will come on board as the new year begins

doc: Brent, how close are you to being the player you know you can become?

brent sancho: Right now I am working very hard on developingon my weaknesses.

Palos: Shaun & Brent,,,,any good looking young players to look out for in the near future? Simoes spoke about a young left footer who should have been on the Under 17 squad

brent sancho: I have not been able to look at anyone in particular but from the reports that I have been hearing T&T seems to be in good hands.

Shaun Fuentes: yes of course, I see atleast five players coming out of the Under 17 team including Marvin Phillip, Kenwyne Jones, Nkosi Blackman, Jerol Forbes and Devon Leacock.

Dave: Brent, going back to your points on positioning and patience as a defender, were you dissapointed by some refs decisions last season. They seem to give yellows for any sliding tackle!

brent sancho: Yes I was very disappointed. I am naturally an aggressive player and I would not change for anything.

Shaun Fuentes: Andre Pacheco is a great left footed player from Princes Town Senior Comp.

Palos: ok...thanx.

Shaun Fuentes: there's always more, but those names look good right now.

flex: Brent are you comfortable in the left back position,,,,,why are their hardly any left footers on the T&T team,,,,,can Nixon still help us in 2006....

brent sancho: Yes I am comfortable although I am naturally right-footed.... Nixon can definitely help us in 2006. He is a very talented player.

Tallman: Shaun, we've always been thinking about forming an official Soca Warriors fan club? Do you think this would go over well with the TTFF ?

Shaun Fuentes: yes but you have to make sure and hold discussions with the Federation

flex: wouldn't he be to old ???........

brent sancho: No, age is not a problem as long as you are willing to contribute 100%.

Dave: Brent, when do you travel for your European trials?

brent sancho: Right after the Gold Cup.

Palos: This one is for "Tiger" (if he still there)....were you nervous on your debut for T&T and what are your immediate footballing goals?

brent sancho - Tiger: Of course I was nervous, but you know, once you get out on to the field and you realise you are playing against just another human being, you settle into your game.

brent sancho - Tiger: What are my immediate plans for the future - to secure a contract with a professional team and to finally get my chance to play for the national team.

Palos: who are you currently playing with?

brent sancho: No club team at the moment. I have trial with a few A league teams when I get back to the States after the Xmas holidays.

flex: Brent and Shaun do you think Nakhid should of been sack by the TTFF,,,way wasn't the public inform of a better excuse for this.........

Shaun Fuentes: I can't really say why there was not a better explanation because at that time I was not with the Federation, but honestly I thought his days were over

Tallman: Shaun, now that Stephen Hart has been appointed to a coaching position with the Canadian Soccer Association, would the TTFF keep tabs on him ?

Palos: great question Tallman

Shaun Fuentes: Possibly.

Shaun Fuentes: Do you think that he can make a valuable contribution to our football

Shaun Fuentes: or just because he's been appointed by the Canada Federation, that makes him eligible

bally: shaun fuentes what is being done to get the young kids involve more in football and development to advants in the football world not just today but tommorow.

Shaun Fuentes: At this time, the community projects being done by FCOTT has really helped in this area just judging by the reaction of the kids when we go to the schools and I expect this to grow in the future

Shaun Fuentes: in terms of getting them advanced, I can't say for sure as yet.

Shaun Fuentes: it all depends on how much the kid is willing to do on his own as well.

doc: Brent like you is a foreigner in TT! LOLLL!!

brent sancho: The stadium and them so new, I does forget their name sometimes!

doc: hahaha! Its nice to have that kind a infrastructure. hahaha.

Palos: ok.....Brent & Shaun...if you had to descripe Mickey in a sentence, what would you say

fleX: fast and furious......lol......

Shaun Fuentes: a man with heart, hardworking and easy going so much that it would be easy to get attach to him.

bally: brent how do feal about yorke and latapy leaving the team like that

Palos: he seemed to touch so many different people on so many levels....

brent sancho: That's a difficult one... Mickey has touched me not just as a player but as a person.

bally: sorry its leaving

brent sancho: Fellas I gone there.

Shaun Fuentes: Flex, I'm releasing a piece in time for Wednesday with quotations from Stern and Russell Latapy talking about Mickey, so ill pass it on

fleX: That goal he score aganist Costa Rica I would never forget..................

Tallman: Will Stern John be at the game ?

Shaun Fuentes: no he will not tallman

Shaun Fuentes: and he's kinda disappointed

fleX: Take care Brent and thanks agian....

Tallman: OK breds, thank fuh allyuh time.

brent sancho: Don't forget Felix Ferria grounds, Pinto Rd. Arima. @ 3pm

Palos: thanks Brent and Tiger!!

Palos: what day again?

fleX: ok Brent.....come again.....

fleX: boxing day.

brent sancho: Thank you guys for supporting Trinidad and hopefully we can give you something to cheer for next month.

Palos: seen

Dave: Thanks Brent, Shaun and Flex and everyone for arranging this

fleX: OK shaun,,,looking forward......

Palos: thanks for being here Dave.

fleX: Same here Dave.

doc: Respect< fellas! later

Dave: Good luck T&T!!

fleX: Thanks Dave, laterz Doc.

brent sancho: Later.

Tallman: Allyuh ,ah gone

Palos: Later tallman...all de best.

fleX: OK - Tall.

bally: shaun fuentes i don't mean to be an ass hole but that's not the answer i was looking i need to hear some of development for the youths in tnt that's the only way we can move forward

fleX: Shaun does Latapy and Yorke still keep in touch with you guy's ??

fleX: sorry bally for cutting in.........

Shaun Fuentes: not really Yorke, more Latas.

Shaun Fuentes: I hear yuh Bally

fleX: Shaun when yuh ready to bounce just let we know..............

Shaun Fuentes: yeh man'

Shaun Fuentes: any of yu guys gonna be at the gold cup

fleX: yes at the Costa RICA GAME............

fleX: and hopfully Martinique too.

Palos: I going Trini for Carnival so can't make both

bally: i hope to be there if i get off

fleX: boy I miss T&T christmas boy....

Shaun Fuentes: yeh Stern was telling me the same yesterday, the man was sounding sad yes.

fleX: Shaun dont forget to send de squad for me nah..........

Shaun Fuentes: ok.

fleX: Shaun about the site being a public thing as you mention previously,,,,this is only on the forum most of the times.

Shaun Fuentes: yeh

fleX: I mean most of the site has good things....no ????????

Shaun Fuentes: yeh i agree

Shaun Fuentes: but these guys sometimes only watch the TV rounds up, they hardly even read the papers particularly the foreign based

Shaun Fuentes: but dont worry if they dont come on every week or so,believe me, once they know someone is doing something positive , they appreciate it

fleX: O'.......

fleX: Its good sometime to listen to views from the outside......

Shaun Fuentes: thats one of the way i worked my way up

Shaun Fuentes: how you think i made it as a little 18 yr old from the Guardian at the Gold Cup with them fellas eh

Shaun Fuentes: lol

bally: shaun fuentes how much of the PFL games are on tv in tnt

Shaun Fuentes: none are live

Shaun Fuentes: just highlights

fleX: is Nixon joining the squad for the GC for sure ??????

Shaun Fuentes: yeh he will be called for training and once he's fully fit and can fall into simoes' plans, sure he'll be there

Palos: Bally, I really like that idea about a show to promote the PFL

bally: i think they should show more games on tv

Shaun Fuentes: yes Bally

Shaun Fuentes: but the sponsors are not really willing

fleX: any Zamora news yet ?????? or Silvio Spann.....

Shaun Fuentes: nah boy

Shaun Fuentes: I would love if we can get hold of Zamora

fleX: Personaly I dont think he may commit 100%......

Palos: well....allyuh know Trini...dey love foreign ting

Shaun Fuentes: for real palos

fleX: Palos we need to go down then.......lol

Shaun Fuentes: i think one of the breathrougs for the PFL is if we can get our highlights on some of the foreign weekly programmes like Futbol Mundial

Palos: however, if we were able to get coverage and show highlights like goals, dribbles, player interviews, top 10 goals of the week or top 5 whatever...it would be a start

Shaun Fuentes: but it's not easy to get on

bally: palos if you have tv you know how important it is you can reach alot of people with the media

Palos: fuh real....and make it a local flavor....all players have a nickname...de presenter have to have personality like Anil Roberts...he does make meh roll

Palos: yeah...no probs...

Shaun Fuentes: guys ANY MORE QUESTIONS, GOTTA RUN.

fleX: Take care Shaun and thanks again,,,laterz..

Palos: take care Shaun and thanks.

bally: thanks shaun.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 10:14:28 AM »
Yes I do and we still talking about the same thing to this day. ??? ??? ???
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2016, 03:09:59 AM »
TTFA drops Fuentes from contingent.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

After almost two decades of travelling with the country’s senior national football team as the Communications representative of the T&T Football Association, Shaun Fuentes was left out of the contingent that left for three International Friendly encounters with Peru, Uraguay and later China on Friday.

A member of the Board of Directors of the TTFA, speaking on the conditions of anonymity, said Fuentes was among three members of the staff to be cut in a drastic staff reduction exercise by new president David John-Williams recently. The Guardian was told that national coach Stephen Hart was asked to cut his staff from 13 to 10, leaving out Fuentes and managers David Muhammad and Peter Rampersad, although it is a customary practice for international teams to travel with two managers and a communications personnel. 

In Fuentes’ absence, manager Williams Wallace has been asked to assist by doing the communications work. Fuentes who is the person recognised by the world governing body for football—FIFA, as a media official, said he could not comment on the issue, only to say that he would not be going on the tours.

The Soca Warriors will face Peru tomorrow in their opening international friendly match in Lima, before tackling two-time World Cup champions Uruguay on May 27 in Montevideo. They will close off their tour of friendlies will a clash with rising powerhouse China on June 3 in Qin Huang Dao.

John-Williams was hoping to squeeze in a fourth match against Equatorial Guinea on June 10 at a date to be announced, but Hart and his troops rejected it. Meanwhile, it is understood that John-Williams will join the TT contingent for their final match in China, along with his vice presidents Ewing Davis (First), Joanne Salazar (Third) and chairman of the Technical Committee Alvin Henderson.

Though the reduction in team staff has been deemed a cost-cutting exercise, there are now questions surrrouding the reasons for including the football association’s vice presidents and Henderson on a trip, when Fuentes, Rampersad and Muhammed would have been there to work.

Under Hart, the Soca Warriors have found themselves in a favourable position of entering the final round of the qualifiers. They lead group C with 10 points, ahead of the United States (seven) and Guatemala on six. St Vincent and the Grenadines, the other team in the group are still to receive their first point.

The Soca Warriors will next face Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium at a date to be announced in September before heading out to the USA for their final encounter. Fuentes, who has religiously sent reports to the local and international media on updates of the team, will himself be hoping to get updates on the team for the period May 23-June 3. The board member told Guardian it has been accepted as part of international standard, for World Cup teams to travel with large contingents, particularly with three managers and a media officer.

Attempts to reach John-Williams on his phone proved futile as calls went unanswered.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 10:18:02 AM »
Whats the deal with Fuentes?

Did he get fired?

I dont see anything from him lately?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2017, 10:39:25 AM »
Whats the deal with Fuentes?

Did he get fired?

I dont see anything from him lately?

I have read that he has been on a 45-day leave, and that he'll be back soon. But neither the TTFA website nor its Facebook Page has been updated since September 7th.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 09:25:11 AM »
Thanks Tallman

1]; } ?>