March 29, 2024, 12:08:11 AM

Author Topic: Unsung Heroes  (Read 2321 times)

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Unsung Heroes
« on: August 22, 2006, 11:23:05 AM »
My people I urge you to use this thread as a measure of remembrance and respect to those we knew and remembered playing ball in the village,club,national, and even small goal teams who truly had the sport at heart and provided some little inspiration to you. Name the person (s) and team (s) and may we all share in the remembrance of their influence to our society by the little part they played in the sport we all love.

I remember LESTER PAYNE player for Texaco (Club) at both football & hockey. John Wayne Felix (Patches) and Pat Jones (pee-wat) Small Goal champs and Ideal Strikers (club). 

May you all share your respect and remembrance.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 01:19:29 PM by palos »

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Unsong Heroes
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 08:55:41 PM »
i can't believe it don't have anyone else who willing to share in a friend, team-mate, idol, etc that may have passed on.

??

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 09:08:47 PM »
Ken Galt....grandfather and former national skipper and football federation president...unfortunately never had the chance to meet him but my grandmother made sure i knew all about him with a scrapbook she made.
Back in Trini...

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 10:49:34 PM »
Shamsundar Samjattan ("Sammy") - my partner from Naps who played interclass ball. Unfortunately got died being knocked down by a car

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 07:39:55 AM »
Allan Boissier...a classmate with me and Sammo.

Goo ball palyers and table tennis palyers. Taken far too soon in a car crash back in 1989.

Wasn't very close to him, but we limed enough in Fatima. And the shock of one of us going whilst so young, bothered me for years.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 08:16:37 AM »
If allyuh talking bout unsung heroes..you have to talk about Shirvan Pragg....would have been a West Indies cricket captain..

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 08:39:27 AM »

Goo ball palyers and table tennis palyers. Taken far too soon in a car crash back in 1989.

Wasn't very close to him, but we limed enough in Fatima. And the shock of one of us going whilst so young, bothered me for years.

Peace,
VB

check yuh pm
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 08:44:30 AM »
Ah check, me eh see nutten.

VB

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 08:57:08 AM »

Peace,
VB

check yuh pm

OK,

ah answer yuh.

VB

Offline Phensic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 10:42:56 AM »

Peace,
VB

Yeah ah remember dah red man...use to see him in the early days of Atlantis and around.  Ah remember he had a hot sunny too, but I wasn't aware he was into sport...pity we will never know how good he could have become.

I remember another kewl bredren that passed on due to car accident - Mark Hallut (spelling).  Not sure he was a promising sports man - ah think he kicked ball a few times in Vic, but all in all a really pleasant and kewl cat.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 12:13:09 PM »

Peace,
VB

Yeah ah remember dah red man...use to see him in the early days of Atlantis and around.  Ah remember he had a hot sunny too, but I wasn't aware he was into sport...pity we will never know how good he could have become.

I remember another kewl bredren that passed on due to car accident - Mark Hallut (spelling).  Not sure he was a promising sports man - ah think he kicked ball a few times in Vic, but all in all a really pleasant and kewl cat.

How ironic, I knew the Halloutes (sp) pretty well. Both boys went to primary school with me. Mark was the older one and was in the same class with my sister (Dunross Primary). He went on to Fatima.

Died shortly after Form V. I am surprised that I can still remember his face. No he was no big kicker of the ball...but like all of us, I'm sure he run ball a couple of times.

My sis was very sad at his passing.

VB

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 12:40:37 PM »

How ironic, I knew the Halloutes (sp) pretty well. Both boys went to primary school with me. Mark was the older one and was in the same class with my sister (Dunross Primary). He went on to Fatima.

Died shortly after Form V. I am surprised that I can still remember his face. No he was no big kicker of the ball...but like all of us, I'm sure he run ball a couple of times.

VB

Yeah I remember that bone-chilling episode. I think it occurred the summer before I entered Fatima. I met his younger brother (Dominic I think), while at fatima and just couldn't help but feel sad everytime I spoke to him....I think they had an even younger brother.....who was below me in fatima.....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Phensic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 01:12:32 PM »

VB

Yeah I remember that bone-chilling episode. I think it occurred the summer before I entered Fatima. I met his younger brother (Dominic I think), while at fatima and just couldn't help but feel sad everytime I spoke to him....I think they had an even younger brother.....who was below me in fatima.....

I can't remember how old I was back then but I was real young...the fellas involved in the accident were guys I limed and kick ball with in Vic...I recall there were unanswered questions surronding the accident...I remember one of the Cabaralls giving us details at the park and feeling the force of mortality at a young age as the details unfolded...Gordon Gatt took it on real hard I remember, he wasn't the same after that I think.  I also remember attending the funeral...was the first funeral I ever attended for someone I knew, was round my age and was aquainted with.

1]; } ?>