April 19, 2024, 01:57:15 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica hires Carl Brown as coach..the return of the jedi?  (Read 15520 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica hires Carl Brown as coach..the return of the jedi?
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2006, 06:42:44 AM »
So how simoes made more money than lazaroni. he made 35k laza 25K. BTW leo was paid about  80K

You might argue that Beenhakker was paid with FIFA's money...after all, Jack's money come directly from FIFA. Its for that reason why yuo couldnt hold on to him for beyond the world cup. Tell me now, what is the current TD be paid?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2006, 06:51:38 AM »
So how simoes made more money than lazaroni. he made 35k laza 25K. BTW leo was paid about  80K

You might argue that Beenhakker was paid with FIFA's money...after all, Jack's money come directly from FIFA. Its for that reason why yuo couldnt hold on to him for beyond the world cup. Tell me now, what is the current TD be paid?

RF leo contract ended when we were eliminated from the WC. He then decided  to take up the position as head coach of poland...  so dont come with we could not afford to pay him. as for the current Td I HAVE NO IDEA
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2006, 07:04:23 AM »
who is carl brown ?
where is jamaica ?

Well that would depend on whom you asked:

who is carl brown
In the real world --he is a gentleman that has been involved with Jamaican Footballing for a long time and has recently become their head coach

According to a knowledegable poster here,--- he is "the calm before the storm", a mere shoo-in for the world renowned coach that will take over the reins of the JFF.
 In essence Carl Brown,,(a brilliant tactician who holds a PhD in beats by the way) is merely the opening act for the powerful coach that will debut at the JFF as the main event, this same coach will apparently leave the world awestruck as he will lead his charges to the cup in 2010

where is jamaica

In the real world--It is a small island in the carribbean, blessed with beautiful beaches whereby its  major source of its income is dependent upon tourism

According to a very knowledgable poster here-- It is the next powerhouse of world football, it will be " beating teams like Brazil and European teams with great regularity"
Apparently in Jamaica, upon turning  18 all citizens are  given  an S-class mercedes and an 8000sq ft mansion on a hill.
It is a lush tropical paradise and exporter of cutting edge technology, a place where milk and honey flows from streams and is ladeled out into jugs by topless native girls
Money is in great abundance and paying millions of U.S. currency to football coaches is "No problem Mon"--which are the last words in their national anthem by the way

« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 07:09:36 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2006, 07:10:13 AM »

Oh sh*t.
All de time ah feel was some kinda secret forum code allyuh was talking.

But then again for all the football sense it not making....
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2006, 10:43:28 AM »

RF leo contract ended when we were eliminated from the WC. He then decided  to take up the position as head coach of poland...  so dont come with we could not afford to pay him. as for the current Td I HAVE NO IDEA

eh eh. If he really wanted to saty, teh contract could have been renewed. ent?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2006, 10:46:51 AM »
who is carl brown ?
where is jamaica ?

who is carl brown
In the real world --he is a gentleman that has been involved with Jamaican Footballing for a long time and has recently become their head coach

According to a knowledegable poster here,--- he is "the calm before the storm", a mere shoo-in for the world renowned coach that will take over the reins of the JFF.
 In essence Carl Brown,,(a brilliant tactician who holds a PhD in beats by the way) is merely the opening act for the powerful coach that will debut at the JFF as the main event, this same coach will apparently leave the world awestruck as he will lead his charges to the cup in 2010

where is jamaica

In the real world--It is a small island in the carribbean, blessed with beautiful beaches whereby its  major source of its income is dependent upon tourism

According to a very knowledgable poster here-- It is the next powerhouse of world football, it will be " beating teams like Brazil and European teams with great regularity"
Apparently in Jamaica, upon turning  18 all citizens are  given  an S-class mercedes and an 8000sq ft mansion on a hill.
It is a lush tropical paradise and exporter of cutting edge technology, a place where milk and honey flows from streams and is ladeled out into jugs by topless native girls
Money is in great abundance and paying millions of U.S. currency to football coaches is "No problem Mon"--which are the last words in their national anthem by the way

Eh eh.  :rotfl: :rotfl: duttyu, you couldnt have said it better:  It is the next powerhouse of world football, it will be " beating teams like Brazil and European teams with great regularity". Never thought I'd hear that from the moth of  a Trini!  ;D

By the way,your name sound very Jamaican. do people in Trinidad use the word "dutty" to describe things that are dirty? I have never heard a trini used the word.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2006, 11:06:01 AM »

Eh eh.  :rotfl: :rotfl: duttyu, you couldnt have said it better:  It is the next powerhouse of world football, it will be " beating teams like Brazil and European teams with great regularity". Never thought I'd hear that from the moth of  a Trini!  ;D

By the way,your name sound very Jamaican. do people in Trinidad use the word "dutty" to describe things that are dirty? I have never heard a trini used the word.

Trinis often use "dutty" meaning dirty.....been that way since I know myself....

we didn't learn it from sean paul  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2006, 11:08:13 AM »
Trinis often use "dutty" meaning dirty.....been that way since I know myself....

See dat "dutty", "yuh duttiness" etc been part of trini parlance since time immemorial.....they probably got the term from us.  Just like reggae.  They'll go to their grave denyin that one tho.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2006, 11:28:28 AM »
Well I do remember it being FIFA back then. Simoes salary was being taken care of by or for the most of it was payed by FIFA. There was a time stipulation by FIFA and after about two years it was taken up by the local association.I think St.Vincent even benefitted from this as well.

Wherever you got that info from ...its wrong information! If FIFA gave Jamaica money to assist in the development of Jamaica's football, then say so, but where have you ever heard of FIFA paying US35K per month salaries for national team coaches? on what basis? Have the paid the $35K slaries of any other coach around the world since, or was Jamaica's a special case?

Seems like you talking of the tip of your tongue there.

RF sorry for takin so long to answer you buh wuk take priority in meh life :devil: :devil:

How long have you been following de Northeners an ting ? It seems you don't have an idea of the progression of Caribbean Football. Simoes in de early days wasn't mekin no 35,000 a month in de early days cause he was nobody back then. His salary was around 20,000 a month and is FIFA that foot the bill. As I said we also benefitted from this grant.  FIFA had started giving money out to the different Federations to upgrade facilities and infrastructure. And something like 200,000 was being given out to CFU to develop football back in the Caribbean and because of Janaica and TNT's asperations to go to the World Cup we benefitted from this. Later on St Vincent and the others benefitted from this grant and used it to develop infrasture and teams. This is how the Concacaf office and facility was developed in Trinidad (FIFA grants). 

Man stop talking crap!

That's all you have to say?

Who paid Simoes in 94 then?
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2006, 11:32:55 AM »
quote author=Reggaefan link=topic=20131.msg212214#msg212214 date=1156351611]

By the way Dutty is nothing Jamaican.  That is a word used from way back when Adam was a lil boy. Check you again trying to insinuate your bull shite. As a matter of fact even many other ilanders use this phrase. Just show how ignorant you are of things Caribbean .
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2006, 11:43:47 AM »

eh eh. If he really wanted to saty, teh contract could have been renewed. ent?

right his contract ended and he took up the poland job  he said he wanted to be in europe and he is a bit to old for the constant traveling
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 11:46:21 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2006, 11:45:21 AM »
Well I do remember it being FIFA back then. Simoes salary was being taken care of by or for the most of it was payed by FIFA. There was a time stipulation by FIFA and after about two years it was taken up by the local association.I think St.Vincent even benefitted from this as well.

Wherever you got that info from ...its wrong information! If FIFA gave Jamaica money to assist in the development of Jamaica's football, then say so, but where have you ever heard of FIFA paying US35K per month salaries for national team coaches? on what basis? Have the paid the $35K slaries of any other coach around the world since, or was Jamaica's a special case?

Seems like you talking of the tip of your tongue there.

RF sorry for takin so long to answer you buh wuk take priority in meh life :devil: :devil:

How long have you been following de Northeners an ting ? It seems you don't have an idea of the progression of Caribbean Football. Simoes in de early days wasn't mekin no 35,000 a month in de early days cause he was nobody back then. His salary was around 20,000 a month and is FIFA that foot the bill. As I said we also benefitted from this grant.  FIFA had started giving money out to the different Federations to upgrade facilities and infrastructure. And something like 200,000 was being given out to CFU to develop football back in the Caribbean and because of Janaica and TNT's asperations to go to the World Cup we benefitted from this. Later on St Vincent and the others benefitted from this grant and used it to develop infrasture and teams. This is how the Concacaf office and facility was developed in Trinidad (FIFA grants). 

Man stop talking crap!

That's all you have to say?

Who paid Simoes in 94 then?

rich JFF   paid simoes

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2006, 11:48:16 AM »

By the way Dutty is nothing Jamaican.  That is a word used from way back when Adam was a lil boy. Check you again trying to insinuate your bull shite. As a matter of fact even many other ilanders use this phrase. Just show how ignorant you are of things Caribbean .

Where did I claim that the word is Jamaican? I asked the man if the word "dutty" is used in Trinidad to describe things "dirty"... as i have never heard Trinis used the word in any context. The word is a very key part of Jamaican patois...if it is a part of the Trini dialect, then say so. The question still remains though, is the world "dutty" used by Trinis to describe things that are dirty, and if not, how is the word used in Trinidad.

Talk about ignorance.

And while at it, wha is a "bullpistle"  ;D

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2006, 11:50:26 AM »

See dat "dutty", "yuh duttiness" etc been part of trini parlance since time immemorial.....they probably got the term from us.  Just like reggae.  They'll go to their grave denyin that one tho.
My grandparents are Grenadian. I've heard them say "dut' for dirty and "dutty" for "dirty. The term has more likely been derived from our(Trinidad's) Grenadian influence than a Jamaican one.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2006, 11:52:40 AM »

My grandparents are Grenadian. I've heard them say "dut' for dirty and "dutty" for "dirty. The term has more likely been derived from our(Trinidad's) Grenadian influence than a Jamaican one.

Doh study reggaefan

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2006, 12:10:49 PM »

A bullpistle is an instrument that is used to stimulate the bodys endorphins in an extremely accelerated manner

I'm sure most posters here would be happy to let you have one  ;)..we are a generous people,,just ask my fren and ye shall recieve
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 12:20:19 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2006, 12:44:02 PM »

A bullpistle is an instrument that is used to stimulate the bodys endorphins in an extremely accelerated manner

I'm sure most posters here would be happy to let you have one  ;)..we are a generous people,,just ask my fren and ye shall recieve

:rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2006, 02:09:04 PM »
who is carl brown ?
where is jamaica ?

who is carl brown

where is jamaica

:o Wow!! Jamaicans does use ah Trini word like "dutty"...interesting ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2006, 02:18:32 PM »

Yup, Reggae is a music form originating in Trinidad, but made international by the great Jamaicans.  :rotfl: Trinidad in the mean time is still trying to put soca/chunty/caiso, callypso,etc on teh map.  :rotfl: :rotfl: knock yourself out.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 02:20:29 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2006, 02:39:48 PM »

Yup, Reggae is a music form originating in Trinidad, but made international by the great Jamaicans.  :rotfl: Trinidad in the mean time is still trying to put soca/chunty/caiso, callypso,etc on teh map.  :rotfl: :rotfl: knock yourself out.

Soca/ chutny/ kaiso, Carnival (something you guys need our help with) etc is for we ,Trinbagonians, we ent need it on nobody else's "map". Apparently Jamaicans need to have their music on other peoples' "map" in order to validate themselves ??? ;)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>