April 25, 2024, 08:55:15 PM

Author Topic: T&T players in de EPL  (Read 2958 times)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T players in de EPL
« on: August 22, 2006, 08:27:50 PM »
Since our captain joined de EPL wid Aston Villa, ah doh remember ah season dat we didn't have ah player or players, in de EPL. If I'm wrong, may be Tallman or anyone can correct me. Ah must say ,it was ah strange feeling tuh see de EPL open, and not look forward tuh seeing ah T&T player in de league.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Re: T&T players in de EPL
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 09:09:46 PM »
your correct..

one would think that especially after a respectable performance in Germany we would have at least a couple of players in the EPL...

I'm still waiting for Carlos and Kenwyne to make the jump.. wait till mid-season... :beermug: :beermug:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 10:45:03 PM »
Since our captain joined de EPL wid Aston Villa, ah doh remember ah season dat we didn't have ah player or players, in de EPL. If I'm wrong, may be Tallman or anyone can correct me. Ah must say ,it was ah strange feeling tuh see de EPL open, and not look forward tuh seeing ah T&T player in de league.

J Lloyd Samuel playin with Aston Villa.  And he be a born Trini.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 03:38:28 AM »

I doh think he counts Palos. He's not a recognised Trini player. He's an English player who have Trini roots.

With the exception of when he was trying to storm his into the Soca Warriors, no one talked about him as a Trini player. Not like Dwight and Shaka.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 04:12:49 AM »
I don't care I'm counting J'lloyd Samuel.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 07:14:33 AM »
i was going back in the archives and came across a "trinis ain action" thread with darren bent's name on it. what's up with that?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 07:29:33 AM »
one would think that especially after a respectable performance in Germany we would have at least a couple of players in the EPL...

If only it were that simple
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 07:38:10 AM »

Only one man had the qualifications and just barely (Edwards)
Think about what you saw, normally the managers going for players that will bring something to their clubs.
Apart from the old established names (who would not get signed because of age) who was left that impressed ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 07:45:54 AM »

Only one man had the qualifications and just barely (Edwards)
Think about what you saw, normally the managers going for players that will bring something to their clubs.
Apart from the old established names (who would not get signed because of age) who was left that impressed ?

Well said....not really sure what people iz be watchin' or thinkin' when they bring up T&T's claim to the EPL based on the WC........
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 07:59:42 AM »
and imagine how many players from our world cup roster DONT EVEN HAVE CLUBS!! whitley, spann, andrews practically,theobold. how can tnt football have credibility and desire to get contracts when these guys are sitting at home chilling out.
Hart for president

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 08:21:25 AM »
and imagine how many players from our world cup roster DONT EVEN HAVE CLUBS!! whitley, spann, andrews practically,theobold. how can tnt football have credibility and desire to get contracts when these guys are sitting at home chilling out.

Let's face it . we sent a team to the WC comprising aging players, at best mediocre mid career players and at least one mental misfit.
They were used by the coach the best way he saw fit and they made us proud. But that was because they did not embarrass us and put on some unbelievable defensive perfomances.

As I keep saying that was the staRT of the journey and we have to look at the structure now being put in place and to the inspiration the TEAM would and should put into our young up and coming footballers.

Time to look ahead and work with the youths like we have never done before
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 08:33:46 AM »
at least one mental misfit.

who is that boy? :o
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 10:13:05 AM »
Still looking for de days when we had Shaka, Yorke, Marcelle for that one season or Shaka, Yorke, John playing EPL. Hope we could continue to improve so we go have combos like that coming again

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 10:37:55 AM »

There are about 3 JAmauicans there...show some caribbean unity nah.  ;D Just the other day Jack warner was calling on Jamaica to show caribbean unity.

support Ricardo Gardener and Claude Davis. ther are tons of others, but I'll keep the two Jamaican born and bred ones as reference  ;D

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 02:48:07 PM »

There are about 3 JAmauicans there...show some caribbean unity nah.  ;D Just the other day Jack warner was calling on Jamaica to show caribbean unity.

support Ricardo Gardener and Claude Davis. ther are tons of others, but I'll keep the two Jamaican born and bred ones as reference  ;D

Reggaefan, strangely enough, meh yard man padnah on de job, said de same thing tuh meh. He said it in ah different way, but it meant de same thing.  :beermug:
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 02:54:04 PM »

Respect tuh yuh opinion Palos. But dat breddah, never played for us, so ah did not consider him. If he have ah break away season, and England call him, ah think he will accept it.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

1]; } ?>