April 25, 2024, 07:22:43 AM

Author Topic: If we qualify would you Welcome Latapy ?  (Read 6424 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
If we qualify would you Welcome Latapy ?
« on: June 23, 2005, 11:08:53 AM »
Latapy is likely to still be playing for Falkirk next year. That fact may suggest that he not as unfit as some people think. We all want our team to qualify for the World Cup but I want ask the members of this forum if they'd welcome Latapy into our final World Cup squad.

My opinion is that we should not.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If we qualify would you Welcome Latapy ?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 11:21:28 AM »
I agree..he is working on his coaching career and he said that he is no longer interested in the national team as a player.  So he better not change his mind, as i always say..anybody who not interested in the qualifiers because they busy or they doubt we will qualify for Germany, need to hull dey stinking A*S when we qualify.  I don't care if we go and get beat 5-0 every game, the men who make the sacrifices are the men who should play.

Some people may argue that we want the best possible team to represent us at the World Cup, but before you make that comment..think if you were playing in all the qualifiers, make sacrifices, flying back and forth, undergoing pressure from your club to represent your country, then we qualify and u get replaced by zamora because he decides he want to represent his "country"...how would you feel?..would want to represent your country in the future?..what example would that set for other players who aspire to represent TnT?

Winning is good, I am not saying that we should not be competitive in the World Cup.  But at what cost?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 11:31:06 AM »
what about all the local players who played in all the Digicel matches and qualified for the Gold Cup and now they get replaced by the foreign-based?

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 11:34:15 AM »
St. Clair was using the Digicel tournament to have a look at the local players in actual competition.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 11:49:12 AM »
which player bsc was looking at  nigel pierre derick king
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 11:59:14 AM »
which player bsc was looking at  nigel pierre derick king

U asking the wrong person that question.  Ask St. Clair.  That was his plan at the time.  I can't explain his actions, never could understand his decisions.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 12:17:05 PM »
St. Clair was using the Digicel tournament to have a look at the local players in actual competition.

So you mean Stern, Dog, Jones etc. really wanted to fly down to play against Puerto Rico and Grenada but BSC didn't pick them?

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 12:27:35 PM »
I think we should welcome the best players at all times. If Latapy is available we should give him a try.
Leo would be in the best position to see if the man is worthy of being on the team.
Thus his position on the team would then be determined by his fitness and ability to mesh with the rest of the unit as opposed to just spite.
My mother always say that u must not "cut off your nose to spite your face".
Who knows, maybe Leo won't find him a good fit and not pick him.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 12:28:13 PM »
I dont care if Pele himself show up with a Trini passport IF/When we qualify for Germany '06, he go have to get a 'go so!'.  If you didnt help us get there, dont show up at the party and want to be part of history, watch it on TV like the rest of us.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 12:30:59 PM »

So you mean Stern, Dog, Jones etc. really wanted to fly down to play against Puerto Rico and Grenada but BSC didn't pick them?

U are not making sense.  Please explain.  I never said Stern and company wanted to play and BSC told them no.  I think you are misunderstanding my point.  Please read my comments again.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 12:38:26 PM »
I dont care if Pele himself show up with a Trini passport IF/When we qualify for Germany '06, he go have to get a 'go so!'.  If you didnt help us get there, dont show up at the party and want to be part of history, watch it on TV like the rest of us.

If Pele coulda play for Trinidad it would be wise to pick him.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 01:06:35 PM »
We need to operate by principles. If Latas didn't want to play in qualifying it would be unfair to the player who place he'd take if we qualified. With that kind of attitude what will he do on the pitch. I prefer a player who'd run and tackle hard for us than a complacent, lazy and ungrateful star midfielder.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 01:19:37 PM »
as i always say..anybody who not interested in the qualifiers because they busy or they doubt we will qualify for Germany, need to hull dey stinking A*S when we qualify. I don't care if we go and get beat 5-0 every game, the men who make the sacrifices are the men who should play.

Some people may argue that we want the best possible team to represent us at the World Cup, but before you make that comment..think if you were playing in all the qualifiers, make sacrifices, flying back and forth, undergoing pressure from your club to represent your country, then we qualify and u get replaced by zamora because he decides he want to represent his "country"...how would you feel?..would want to represent your country in the future?..what example would that set for other players who aspire to represent TnT?

Winning is good, I am not saying that we should not be competitive in the World Cup. But at what cost?

Real madness - I'm just giving you a hard time, I don't think Latapy should play either.
But I'll explain what I was trying to say:
You said that we should only be picking players who are willing to make the effort to play through all the qualifiers, rather than pick players who just show up at the finals even if they are better players.  For instance Latapy, Zamora and J Lloyd might make the team stronger but if they are not willing to help us qualify then we should forget them and reward the men who were there from the beginning even if we lose 5-0 every game.
I was just making an analogy to the Digicel/Gold Cup.  We had a team of mostly local players that played in the Digicel and helped us to qualify for this Gold Cup finals.  Stern, Shaka and the rest of the UK based have no interest in playing in these "lesser" tournaments against weak caribbean opposition.  They would look for all kind of excuses why they shouldn't play.  So now that we have qualified for the GC finals how do you think all those local men will feel about being replaced by the foreign "star boys" like Stern, Shaka, Dog etc. who weren't there in the early stages?

I realize that we are using the Gold Cup as preparation for World cup qualifiers so we have to pick our strongest squad but if it wasn't a world cup year would we go with the local players that got us here as reward for their efforts, or would we discard them for the big names?

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 01:33:53 PM »
Arrow I understand what you are saying.  You have a valid point.  But most players don't like to play in lesser tournaments because continous absence from their club causes problems (another issue/topic).  So some of them try to skip these "lesser" tournaments.  That is one reason why I like Stern John, he always try to represent Trinidad regardless of the nature of the game (still think he need a small bench..not for too long..still our most prolific forward). 
So I understand the local players issue but they were replaced by "better" committed players who has represented us in the past, i.e. Stern, Dog, etc.  If these digicel guys were the main players used in the qualifiers then discarded for the World Cup and replaced by Zamora, J Lloyd, etc., they will have every right to be upset and disgruntled.  However, these guys barely qualified for the Gold Cup, so they can't really claim that the got a raw deal.  They struggled against Barbados or whomever they played.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 01:48:40 PM »
Fellas- Forget the emotion. When we Qualify we want the best players on the field . If Zamora is scoring goals and performing at a high level, by all means bring him in.
What did Simones do with Jamaica- Remember the arqument, every tom, dick and harry with a Jamaican parent got called, if they were playing at a higher level.
The best team is what we are loking at- save us the emotion, that is why it is called a Sport

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 02:14:11 PM »
When we qualify Latapy could come kiss my ass. Good player .... did the country proud over the years but decided we going i nthe same direction as him. So i hope no one invites him and if he comes asking ...thanks but no thanks.

Go Warriors Go !!
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

jusme

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 02:32:21 PM »
I doh think Latas go be so bold as to come and push himself in dat anyway.  Yuh see how Beenie leave out Ince, how yuh think he go deal with Latas, who was really the first man to blank him.  And on top of that Latas went and hang up the phone on Jack when he had call him one time (well that's my interpretation of the newspaper account).

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 04:46:22 PM »
Not a snowball's chance in Hell. He had his chance and declined. So, phock away with him. Don't let the goal post hit him on the way out!!!

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 05:32:43 PM »

Pick Pele to do wha?

Allyuh stay away from de Elmers contact cement!

Huffing does destroy brain cells.

Pele?

De same one or ah new one?

De man collecting old age pension and yuh feel he could make we side?

Steups.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yuh was kicksing ent?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2005, 06:10:56 PM »
I meant Pele, in the metaphysical sense of what he represents as the best player to ever kick a ball, and oh gawd sorry I could not think of anybody current to reference to get my point across...

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2005, 08:00:46 PM »

Pick Pele to do wha?

Allyuh stay away from de Elmers contact cement!

Partner u eh even deserve a response nah but I will give u one. I meant the idea of the greatest player to ever play the game.

Huffing does destroy brain cells.

Pele?

De same one or ah new one?

De man collecting old age pension and yuh feel he could make we side?

Steups.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yuh was kicksing ent?

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2005, 08:19:52 PM »
Whys was this post created, it seems evil to have done so.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005, 11:48:29 PM »
So Real madness? and all who are of the same view.  You mean to tell me that after all the money spend on games and qualification blah blah....That if playing Latas and Zamora means that we would win the world cup....you wouldn't take it?

I don't feel Latas have any hate for the country or fans, the problems have always been with the TTFA.  But things seem to be looking up with the addition of Sir LEO.

In my opinion the best available players should always play, unless is ah Sunday evening small goal sweet  :D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 11:52:32 PM »
Picking the best team goes beyond skill.
Why yuh tink Ince not on the team.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2005, 06:09:08 AM »
hands off the little magician.....diego embarassed argentina by being kicked out the 94 world cup....and he is still king of argentina....the magician is king....piss all over zamora and j lloyd samuel.......BIG MAGICIAN

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2005, 06:26:28 AM »
Preacher..consider this scenario.

You and yuh pardnas organise ah lime...allyuh collect money, buy food and alcohol (Johnny Walker, Grey Goose, rum,Carib, Stag, etc.).  It have other men (lets cal this group...loafers) allyuh ask to contribute but they said no and they not coming to the lime.

So the day of the lime reach, you and yuh pardnas cook and the drinks chilling while allyuh looking for ah pack of cards.

Loafers pull up by yuh house in ah maxi, jump out take yuh food and drinks and ride out.

I hope if this ever happen to you that you don't get vex....look at this situation as the best men have the food and the drinks.  They used their skills to get what they want..have you and yuh pardnas buy groceries and drinks..cook the food...then dem show up and take it all.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2005, 07:28:51 AM »
I would take the unpopular stance of welcoming him to  watch each and every game and let him sit back and think  : I COULDA WISH I WOULDA  AND NOW I AM A LOOKER.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2005, 09:29:42 AM »
I would take the unpopular stance of welcoming him to  watch each and every game and let him sit back and think  : I COULDA WISH I WOULDA  AND NOW I AM A LOOKER.

lol
I agree.....VIP seating.
Might even let him visit the fellahs in the locker room or walk on the pitch before warm ups.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2005, 11:41:30 AM »
Real Madness that is Real Sense

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2005, 11:55:41 AM »
I ent too sure about this.

You must always welcome yuh best players.

But Latapy will change the brand of ball we are playing and the team work completely.

The play will resemble "friend" football between he and Yorke because they know each other well and they are the only two players on that level.

I am not making this statement just so, this is fact.......review the last qualfying campaign.

But what I will do is this........If we Qualify we have nearly a year to get ready for the big dance.

He will have to come for a tryout. If he ent like it too bad.

He must come back and play in Every Friendly match, he and all the other waggonists who pop up. Miss one and thats it no excuses. Also you must come and run hard and make a big difference when you step on the field. If you under star boy thing, hard luck. If yuh barely better than the man who there now hard luck. If you cause one lil disturbance or grouse in the camp.............on yuh bike.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>