April 16, 2024, 11:59:08 AM

Author Topic: Gold Cup recalls for Scotland, Eve, Spann.  (Read 17871 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Gold Cup recalls for Scotland, Eve, Spann.
« on: June 23, 2005, 12:38:44 PM »
Chris Birchall steps to Gold Cup call.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago’s latest English recruit Chris Birchall arrived in Ft Lauderdale on Monday evening to join the rest of the National team in preparations for the coming CONCACAF Gold Cup eager to put on a good show in an international competition while his club teammates were getting set for preseason training in England.
The 21-year-old Birchall took up the invitation from head coach Leo Beenhakker  to join the team for the Gold Cup despite pleads from Port Vale manager Martin Foyle for him to sit it out in order to be fully energized for Vale in the upcoming season.
Foyle was earlier eager for Birchall to make his international debut leading up to the 2-0 win over Panama but is apparently not as pleased over his schedule with the “Warriors.”
“Chris has made his decision and decided to go, so there is no point getting angry about it. I hope he learns from the experience and can rest at the right time. I also hope they get knocked out of the Gold Cup early so he can come back,” Foyle said in the Sentinel newspaper on Monday.
Birchall however wasn’t the least fazed by the remarks from Foyle.
“It’s great to be back here with the boys because it’s like coming to a family again since I haven’t seen them since the game in Mexico. Coming out here is also a good experience for me because it’s the first time I’ll be playing out here in America and especially being involved in the Gold Cup is a big occasion for me,” Birchall told TTFF Media.
“We’re here to get things right again before the World Cup matches start back,” he added
Birchall arrived in Ft Lauderdale along with Shaka Hislop, Brent Rahim, Marvin Andrews, Kelvin Jack and  Dennis Lawrence while the rest of the team flew in from Trinidad earlier on Monday. Defender Brent Sancho was due in later in the evening while Luton Town midfielder Carlos Edwards arrives on Tuesday. Cornell Glen and Stern John also met the team at the hotel on Monday in time for the 5pm training session.
Beenhakker conducted a session at the training pitch located within the Hilton compound which was merely one to get the players to shake off the three-hour flight out of Piarco and the camp is expected to increase pace from Tuesday.
The Dutch-born coach has already indicated that his experience will have an impact on the preparation of the team and he will not back down to managers who think they can convince players from representing T&T.
On the days of training ahead, Beenhakker added “We have all the players we requested and that shows how much they want to play and get it right as a team. There might be some who may not like it, but for us, doing the right thing and having everyone showing that commitment is what is a plus for us.”
News from the 26th of June 2005.
Glen gunning, fans wait on ‘Warriors’ in Miami.
[/size]

Columbus Crew striker Cornell Glen is gunning to wear the Trinidad and Tobago colours in the upcoming CONCACAF Gold Cup.
So pleased is the speedy striker on being recalled by head coach Leo Beenhakker, the former CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh man is promising to pull out all stock in an attempt to cement a spot on the team.
Glen has been a regular starter in the Crew team for the past six matches after being signed from Dallas FC earlier in the season. It took a while for head coach Greg Andrulis to fit him among the starters but now it seems Glen has left an impression. His latest exploit was a set up for Crew's goal in last week's 3-1 loss to New England Revolution.
“This Gold Cup is going to be a turning point for me,” Glen promised. “Honestly I’m just beginning to catch back myself and playing more and more for Columbus has played a big part in my form at the moment,” he told TTFF Media. “It was obviously disappointing not to be in the team for the last two games but now getting another chance is a good break for me.
“The coach at Columbus told me he had been looking at me for some time now and then he spoke to Stern (John) who apparently had some good things to say and the rest is history now. I am looking forward to making it happen good this time with him up front. I think a lot of people are accustomed with me coming in the side and taking things a bit easy maybe with a lot of jokes and stuff but it’s all serious business now and maybe the current coach will see his philosophy getting results from us as a team,” Glen added. His Crew teammate Luis Gallardo is in the Panama squad as well as Frankie Hejduk in the US team for the tournament.
The former New York/New Jersey MetroStars player will team up with the rest of the T&T team on Monday at the Hilton, Ft Lauderdale for the commencement of a training camp ahead of the opening CONCACAF Gold Cup fixture against Honduras on July 6 at the Orange Bowl, Miami. His other strike partners selected by Beeenhakker include Stern John, Kenwyne Jones, Jason Scotland and Collin Samuel. Both Scotland and Samuel have expressed delight on getting the picks but their Dundee United boss Gordon Chisholm stressed on Friday that he hopes they can return in good form for their club.
“Once before, Jason was away for a couple of weeks and came back overweight, but, even if they are not involved in games, we need them to be doing a bit of training at this time of year. I expect they will make good use of the tournament across there,” said Chisholm.
The “Warriors” can expect a good backing in the stands as a group of T&T.
A group of fans living in Miami have arranged to occupy a section in the stand at T&T’s matches with a “Warrior Girls” posse along with steel pan, tassa and iron rhythm sections in association with fetebusters.com, a non-profit organization in Miami as well as a socawarriors.net crew.
W Connection back to winning ways.
By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).
[/size]

W Connection got a goal each from its three foreign imports to end a two-match losing streak in the T&T Professional Football League Senior Division at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, yesterday..
Brazilians Ronaldo Viana and Gefferson Goulart and Earl Jean of St Lucia got strikes for the “Savonetta Boys” to cool off Caledonia AIA/Fire 3-0.
Viana opened the scoring in the eighth minute for his second of the season, while Jean, the team’s captain, doubled the lead in the 28th minute with his seventh of the campaign.
Goulart ended a three-match scoring drought by firing in his team’s third goal in the 76th minute, his eight of the year to complete the win.
W Connection’s eight league win from nine matches carried its point tally to 24 from nine matches, nine ahead of second placed Defence Force.
At Sangre Grande Recreation ground, the return of Jerren Nixon failed to spark champions National Quarries North East Stars, as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Defence Force.
Kayode Mc Kinnon handed Stars the lead in the 19th minute, only for Kwesi Smith to earn Defence Force a share of the points, three minutes later.
Nixon, last year’s league top scorer and “Most Valuable Player” award recipient, got his first taste of action for the season during the last 10 minutes of the match, but could not find a winner.
Over at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet, Kelvin Hernandez denied Tobago United a first win this year with an 84th minute goal for United Petrotrin to draw 2-2.

Yesterday’s PFL Senior Division results:

W Connection 3 (Ronaldo Viana 8th, Earl Jean 28th, Gefferson Goulart 76th) vs Caledonia AIA Fire 0.

North East Stars 1 (Kaydoe Mc Kinnon 19th) vs Defence Force 1 (Kwesi Smith 22nd).

Tobago United 2 (Marlon Laidlow 19th, Devon Edwards 71st) vs United Petrotrin 2 (Dave Charles o.g 45th, Kelvin Hernandez 84th).
News from the 25th of June 2005.
Gold Cup recalls for Scotland, Eve, Spann.
[/size]

National Football Team Leo Beenhakker has included Scottish-based strike duo Collin Samuel and Jason Scotland in a 23-man squad to travel to Ft Lauderdale for a one-week training camp ahead of the 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup which kicks off in Miami on July 6.
Beenhakker, on the heels of guiding T&T to two of their more convincing performances in recent times, will have just about the same team from the recent affairs against Panama and Mexico with the exception of skipper Dwight Yorke who has been excused after indicating the need to be with Sydney FC for preseason from early July.  Veteran midfielder Angus Eve makes a return to the squad which will be cut to twenty for the tournament.
Also making a return to the squad  is goalie Shaka Hislop with Kelvin Jack and Duarance Williams also making the trip but there is no place for Crewe Alexandra’s Clayton Ince. There is also no place for Real Salt Lake duo Marlon Rojas and Leslie Fitzpatrick nor Wrexham striker Hector Sam. Japan-based midfielder Silvio Spann is also back in the mix with Cyd Gray.
Samuel has not appeared for T&T since June 2003 in a 2-0 win over the Kenyan Olympic Team while Scotland’s last bit of action was in the semi-final round World Cup qualifying 3-1 loss to Mexico last year at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. Scotland ended the Scottish season strongly for Dundee United with 5 goals while Samuel’s input also reportedly helped the club to a fifth place spot and runners up spot in the Scottish Cup which they lost to Celtic.
Glasgow Rangers’ Marvin Andrews, Wrexham’s Dennis Lawrence and Port Vale’s Chris Birchall, despite pleads from their respective clubs to rest up, are all set to appear in the region’s top championship. Defender Brent Sancho is also back from a hamstring injury which forced him out of the Panama and Mexico games.
Beenhakker has stressed the importance of the Gold Cup campaign, using it as a build up to the rest of the World Cup campaign which continues against United States on August 17 in Connecticut.
“Of course we will go to the Gold Cup with an aim to win our matches but more importantly it is a very good chance for us to prepare for the remaining matches in the World Cup campaign. We will be  looking to make full use of the matches we have there,” Beenhakker told TTFF Media. “It is my intention to have all the players involved because it’s the only way we can get it better as a team,” he added. Yorke meantime is banking on the “Warriors” going from strength to strength in the Gold Cup.
“I will not be available but I expect that the boys will keep the improvement rate going. We have done quite well as a team over the past two games and without a doubt I think we can only get better,” Yorke told TTFF Media. “I think it’s a chance for some of the younger guys to get a chance to show what they can do and it also gives the coach further options. He’s done a really good job since he’s been in charge and I’m sure this will go on for the benefit of all of us,” the Sydney man added.
The T&T team has been told by the Pro League that the locally-based pros cannot be released until June 28 even though the contingent is expected to leave here the day before for Ft Lauderdale. However, the MLS is releasing all players taking part in the Gold Cup from June 26 and Beenhakker is hoping to have his full list of local-based pros travel from the scheduled departure date of June 27.
T&T, with a best performance of reaching the semi-finals in the 2000 Gold Cup, opens the 2005 edition in the second game of a double header versus Honduras which they defeated 3-1 in the 1998 tournament. T&T plays Panama at the Orange Bowl on July 9 and Colombia on July 11. The Colombians are coming off 3-0 and 5-0 wins over Ecuador and Peru in World Cup qualifying action as well as a close 1-0 defeat to Argentina.

Full TnT 23-Man Squad:

Goalkeepers:
Shaka Hislop (un-attached), Kelvin Jack (Dundee), Duarance Williams (San Juan Jabloteh).

Defenders:
David Atiba Charles (W Connection), Marvin Andrews (Glasgow Rangers), Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham), Brent Sancho (un-attached), Avery John (New England Revolution), Cyd Gray (San Juan Jabloteh), Anton Pierre (Defence Force).

Midfielders:
Angus Eve (San Juan Jabloteh), Aurtis Whitley (San Juan Jabloteh), Brent Rahim (un-attached), Christopher Birchall (Port Vale), Carlos Edwards (Luton Town), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA Fire), Silvio Spann (Yokohama FC), Glenton Wolfe (North East Stars).

Forwards:
Kenwyne Jones (Southampton), Collin Samuel (Dundee United), Cornell Glen (Columbus Crew), Jason Scotland (Dundee United), Stern John (Conventry City).

TnT Gold Cup Schedule & TV-Viewing.

T&T vs Honduras (Galavision, 9:15pm).
6th-Jul-2005 -  Orange Bowl-Miami, Florida.

T&T vs Panama (Galavision, 7:05pm).
9th-Jul-2005 -  Orange Bowl-Miami, Florida.

T&T vs Colombia (Telefutura, 7:05pm).
11th-Jul-2005 -  Orange Bowl-Miami, Florida.

Tickets:

For ticket information on the 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup™ please call 1-888-480-2005.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 05:27:00 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Gold Cup recalls for Scotland, Eve, Spann.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 12:55:45 PM »
hmm real shake ups boy!!! ah feelin' sorry for tiger especially, cuz he does run hard, but I guess he just doh have the skills to make anything happen.  I hope coach make stern run real laps so he could get back fit too.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 12:59:08 PM »
Ah see it look like Ince in de doghouse ! I'm surprise Sam is out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 12:59:54 PM »
Goalkeepers:
Shaka Hislop (un-attached), Kelvin Jack (Dundee), Duarance Williams (San Juan Jabloteh).

Defenders:
David Atiba Charles (W Connection), Marvin Andrews (Glasgow Rangers), Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham), Brent Sancho (un-attached), Avery John (New England Revolution), Cyd Gray (San Juan Jabloteh), Anton Pierre (Defence Force).

Midfielders:
Angus Eve (San Juan Jabloteh), Aurtis Whitley (San Juan Jabloteh), Brent Rahim (un-attached), Christopher Birchall (Port Vale), Carlos Edwards (Luton Town), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA Fire), Silvio Spann (Yokohama FC), Glenton Wolfe (North East Stars).

Forwards:
Kenwyne Jones (Southampton), Collin Samuel (Dundee United), Cornell Glen (Columbus Crew), Jason Scotland (Dundee United), Stern John (Conventry City).

Good team I believe... any surprise omissions I don't really see any... No room for Noray... Ince get de big time blank... I think Cyd Gray is ah surprise inclusion as I hadnt heard anything from him in a while.. How is his form this season.. he still playing wild?
Most of we here bawl down de place and cry for Spann and Glen.. well we get we wish... Lets hope they perform to their potential...

With Lawrence playin well these days... that entire defence looking real solid and deep. I feel really confident about them... ah looking for clean sheets from them
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 01:01:33 PM »
I am very satisfied with that squad.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 01:02:42 PM »
"but there is no place for Crewe Alexandra’s Clayton Ince"
but aye aye look like Ince get drop.  :o :o  Beenie ain't playin at all. Ah like de list of forwards selected. ppl say we needed speed up front.... now we have it.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 01:03:16 PM »
In Beenknee we t'rust...no major additions in the defence....nice to see Spann included after so much speculation....with York out the pressure is on Stern to take de lead....but dis is the ideal time to see how some of the new addons will perform.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 01:22:20 PM »
I am surprised Cyd Gray got selected.  Nice to see Spann back in the mix.  No Ince...hmmm..I starting to believe he really walk out on the team because he warm bench against Panama.  It looks like Leo teaching him a lesson.  Learn well Imps..I mean Ince.  Hopefully he will get his act together because I think we need both Ince and Hislop to qualify for Germany.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 01:27:48 PM »
It's also possible that Imps contract negotiations are forcing him to miss the tournament.  He was quoted as saying he had to sit down with his manager before he would "consider" playing in the Gold Cup.  So it may have been his decision to miss, not Beenie's.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cyd Gray's recall
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 01:30:53 PM »
Japan-based midfielder Silvio Spann is also back in the mix with Cyd Gray.

Although he will be 32 years old in November, I only hope dat Cyd will improve under Beenhakker. He have de raw materials tuh make ah good wing back but he so blasted wild.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cyd Gray's recall
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 01:33:12 PM »
Japan-based midfielder Silvio Spann is also back in the mix with Cyd Gray.

Although he will be 32 years old in November, I only hope dat Cyd will improve under Beenhakker. He have de raw materials tuh make ah good wing back but he so blasted wild.

Cyd Gray is THUTTY-TWO ??!!!   :o :o

wayyy!!!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Glasgow get leave out
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 01:39:45 PM »
Dey fuhget tuh mention dat Gary Glasgow got omitted.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 01:45:25 PM »
It will be interesting to see which three get drop from the squad.  I think it will be Duarance, Cyd and Wolfe.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 02:00:54 PM »
I wonder if Eve is only there to provide some verteran leadership to the squad and keep the fellas in check in Miami since captain Yorke won't be there.  Wait, did I just write that?

Or maybe its a kind of farewell tournament for Eve and a reward for captaining the side through all the qualifying rounds.  He can't expect much more than a corbeaux sweat though.

It will be interesting to see who we play on de left wing.  Colin Samuel is listed as striker but I hope they give him a run on de left.  Theobald can fight for a place in the middle with Whitely, Birchall, Spann and Rahim.

jusme

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 02:13:46 PM »
I wonder if Eve is only there to provide some verteran leadership to the squad and keep the fellas in check in Miami since captain Yorke won't be there.  Wait, did I just write that?

lol, that's exactly what I was thinking while I was reading your comments.  My how tings have changed.

With Glenn, Samuel and all dem midfielders in the camp, if we doh get the left side sorted out dis rounds we might never get it.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 02:19:56 PM »
I would love to see Glen & John upfornt, their different styles should compliment each other, I know Lawrence has had some good performances and he throughly deserve his place but my heart skipd a beat everytime I see an attacker with pace go in his direction. Glad to see Sancho back to full health and in the squad because he's a qulaity defender and my heart is a bit more at ease when compared to Lawrence. No shocking inclusions except CYD GRAY.

jusme

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 02:25:30 PM »
I wonder if that is the end of the road for tiger and rojas.  Or is it that he want to see other ppl since dem 2 is the foreign-based he woulda see most often already.   dem men was flying in every week. 

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 02:26:58 PM »
Ok now that Sancho fit...could he replace any of the current startin back 4...other than "possibly" Avery. but it niece to know that we have ah lil more depth at the back.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 02:27:30 PM »
Remember that this tournament is not just to continue improving as a team, but to also see other players who he has not yet seen for himself.  So I would not put too much stock in some peoples' omissions (aside from Ince of course, that is a drop!)

The thing is, if Cyd Gray, Spann, Samuel, Scotland and others perform is mas is the place cause men who was on the team before hadda get drop now.

I expect Angus to come with all guns blazing in the Gold Cup to try and regain a spot in the top 21.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2005, 02:39:18 PM »
Remember that this tournament is not just to continue improving as a team, but to also see other players who he has not yet seen for himself.  So I would not put too much stock in some peoples' omissions (aside from Ince of course, that is a drop!)

The thing is, if Cyd Gray, Spann, Samuel, Scotland and others perform is mas is the place cause men who was on the team before hadda get drop now.

I expect Angus to come with all guns blazing in the Gold Cup to try and regain a spot in the top 21.

I agree with you, I don't think that's it for Rojas & Fitzpatrick, they're descent players but Leo needs to look at a few guys who he has not seen. Angus Eve of course is a good man to have in the squad, even if he doesn't get much playing time his experience in these kind of tournaments may be important in the locker room and he make a difference coming on as a sub especially with free kicks and corners and he still seems hungry. He's been a good servant for T&T and still has a bit to offer.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2005, 02:46:44 PM »
This is a serious shake up.. Nice to see Cyd get a lil chance again.. i did not realize he was an old man (32 yrs ). I would love to see what Beenie do with these new players. !

Perhaps the mid field will get a lil stronger, and we have a lot more options in the Back 4.. Pressure take those other teams in the competition.. FIRE fuh dem.!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2005, 03:38:47 PM »
Samuel and Scotland could be good additions.  Hope they are keeping fit and can impress Beenie in training.  Interesting that Glen got picked before Sam or Glasgow after he got left out completely for the last 2 games.  Wonder if Beenie is watching those MLS games and keeping track of his form.  Or is Nakhid, our scout master?

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005, 04:43:15 PM »
No real surprises in de squad.  The level of competition would be good to allow guys to get more comfortable with Beenie Man system.

I never thought I would see the day that Ince and Yorke would appear on different sides of the spectrum when folks discuss each player's commitment to the team. 8)
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 04:44:31 PM »
still wouldve liked to see an ian cox, but squad looks good.
Hart for president

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2005, 05:02:27 PM »
That is a BIG side from Beenhakker

Imagine Glenn, Scotland,Samuel and Jones as the attack.

4 speed men.

Every man who get drop they replacment adequate.

The schedule is also very kind to us.

once we win the first two....rest some players and try a thing vs Colombia.

Strongest team out in the first game vs Honduras.

Cyd Grey playing good for Jabloteh the last few games I see.....is just he wild. But he can run up a flank he have speed.
I think he is good Tonic for the spanish we playing.

My Fwd line will be Jones and Scotland.

I would also like to see a middle of Birchall, Spann, Whitley and Edwards......pure poison, we go dun side bad with that midfield.

back 4 of Charles,Dog, Tallest and AVery.

Hislop. in the post

1-0 vs Honduras
2-0 vs Panama
and a 1-1 vs Colombia

We come second in the group on goal difference  ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 05:08:00 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2005, 05:13:46 PM »
Ah tired tellin allyuh dat it WAS Imps decision all along to not play fuh T&T.  Is not Beenie who drop he.  Imps DID NOT get drop by any member of de technical staff.  IMPS DROP HESELF wit he antics after de Panama game.

I so happy to see he name not dey.  Me eh have nutting pussonal against Imps but if yuh walk out on yuh team, yuh ass doh deserve to reach back.

Finally a coach who have de guts AND DE AUTHORITY AND AUTONOMY to say haul yuh ass.  Other coaches may have had de guts but get overrule by "higher" authorities.  Beenie say before he sign on dat he signin on wit de condition dat he doin tings HE WAY and dat he get what he ask for.  Anyting else and he walkin.  Good fuh he and good to see it in action.

Man who bawlin fuh Imps have to realize, if he did bruk he leg, we woulda have to do without he anyway.  Show woulda have to go on.  Somebody else step up.

Daz how it is and how it should be.  Good luck Clayton wit yuh career at Crewe.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 05:17:32 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2005, 05:21:59 PM »
Ok now that Sancho fit...could he replace any of the current startin back 4...other than "possibly" Avery. but it niece to know that we have ah lil more depth at the back.

I know real men on the forum will disagree, but check that last Mexico match - that first goal Atiba shoulda clear the cross - he mistime he header, and check the 21st min. he head he clearance to a MExican in the box.  He had a worse game than Jack in my opinion.

So not sayin Sancho much better with the air balls...and I say give the youth a bligh too eh...but something have to change b4 the US game

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Atiba Charles in de Mexico match
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2005, 05:59:49 PM »
I know real men on the forum will disagree, but check that last Mexico match - that first goal Atiba shoulda clear the cross - he mistime he header, and check the 21st min. he head he clearance to a MExican in the box.  He had a worse game than Jack in my opinion.

If I'm not mistaken, it was Carlos Edwards' failure tuh deal wit de cross dat led tuh de first goal. De mistimed header in de 21st minute, wasn't it Lawrence dat was responsible fuh dat?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cyd Gray and dem Spanish
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2005, 06:28:36 PM »
Cyd Grey playing good for Jabloteh the last few games I see.....is just he wild. But he can run up a flank he have speed.
I think he is good Tonic for the spanish we playing.

Ah only hope he learn he lessons after Costa Rica tear up he backside in 2001. Here are some quotes from de match report by Irving Ward:

"...the Costa Ricans took advantage of debutant T&T defender Cyd Gray's jittery start at this level from the first blow of referee Joo Kim Young's whistle."

"...Porterfield paid the price for gambling with Gray for the second half..."

"The opportunity was created after another attack down the left flank from the Costa Ricans, who utilised the relatively free flank all match because of Gray's inability to contain veteran striker Hernan Medford."

"With Gray at sea and Angus Eve also failing to provide some sort of cover for his Joe Public teammate, the Costa Ricans were left with loads of time to set up a barrage of attacks and shots at Hislop's goal."

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2005, 06:34:11 PM »
GREAT squad. now lets see what the team looks like in 2 weeks..we can only go from strength to strength I feel.  Fuh me, two (2) Surprises -

1st Cyd Gray IN and Tiger OUT. Happy 4 Cyd though, he plays with GREAT heart, just TOO wild as man mention :}
2nd I would have liked to see Sealy get a bligh as a striker and Samuel in the( left) mid-field in place of Eve

Tough luck for Ince, but when you a dig  a hole for yourself...

Good Luck T&T, with Beenie I feel we goin Germany!!!"

1]; } ?>