March 28, 2024, 11:28:39 AM

Author Topic: Gold Cup recalls for Scotland, Eve, Spann.  (Read 17815 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Gold Cup recalls for Scotland, Eve, Spann.
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2005, 07:02:44 PM »
Kudos for a coach who is presenting  opportunities for players to represent TNT. I would say by the end of the Gold Cup campaign, most of our talented and palyers most apt to representTnt would have had an audition for the coach. In this way, the coach is able to make some informed decisions about who is best able to perform for the rest of the WCQ campaign.

Based on what I read about Spann's performance in his last outings, it sounded as if he was a formidable force in the midfield until he got injured. It is also good to see ablend of youth and experience on this team.

It would also appear that some players react differently to adversary. Take Ince for example, based on what I am reading, it appears that his reactions to the coache's decision was not the most positive, therefore he may now be  facing the consequences. I believed that Ian Cox also left disgruntled at being omitted from the team earlier on. Humiltiy is a virtue that some of our so called 'star boyz' must come to grips with.

Positively, our team  last couple of games were on a high. I would hope that the momentum would keep on te same plane.  What I find different about this WCQ, is that in some previous years, we have started out  of the gate would favourable results, only to see after the month or two off, to falter in the second half. I am anxiously waiting to see how our team will perform now that Beenie will have to face  all the teams once more in the second round. It is with cautious optimism that I await these results. I would also like to see,  Stern get in a goal scoring groove or else.........

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Atiba Charles in de Mexico match
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2005, 07:08:51 PM »
I know real men on the forum will disagree, but check that last Mexico match - that first goal Atiba shoulda clear the cross - he mistime he header, and check the 21st min. he head he clearance to a MExican in the box.  He had a worse game than Jack in my opinion.

If I'm not mistaken, it was Carlos Edwards' failure tuh deal wit de cross dat led tuh de first goal. De mistimed header in de 21st minute, wasn't it Lawrence dat was responsible fuh dat?

Tallman yuh spot on here as usual... Charles had a very good game against Mexico
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2005, 07:52:54 PM »
I notice Glenton Wolfe name showing up on Beenie's squad right thru but I never see de man play yet.  He is listed as a midfielder but I see men talking about he at left back on this site before. Can anyone provide some more information on this player?  Does he have a chance to make de final 20?
Or is he only there because he can carry more water than Derek King?

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2005, 08:04:13 PM »
I would love to see Glen & John upfornt, their different styles should compliment each other, I know Lawrence has had some good performances and he throughly deserve his place but my heart skipd a beat everytime I see an attacker with pace go in his direction. Glad to see Sancho back to full health and in the squad because he's a qulaity defender and my heart is a bit more at ease when compared to Lawrence. No shocking inclusions except CYD GRAY.

horse,
Lawrence safer than Sancho by far
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2005, 08:09:32 PM »
Cyd Gray has good speed, something I find we lackin lately. Leo will get the best out of him.
I woulda like to se Sam get another run though, he showed something.

This is directed at Touches,
how you organizing that midfield of Spann, Whitley, Birchall and Edwards. I like that midfield alot but it seems like we have a right wing and 3 centre mids.
Maybe Cornell Glen would be a good option on the left. Good speed. Speed kills.

I would also like to see Whitley be as creative as he is with Jabloteh. Man could be our Ronaldinho/Nakata but he look lil subdued lately
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2005, 08:33:45 PM »
That goal was Edwards fault not Charles.

Cyd is a wild wild wild wild wild horse but he recovers well. I actually think that he is more useful when the team is in attack than in defence because he gets all the way up the field which is a worry for the opposition. His other problem is the wayward crosses but I see Fenwick have him doing less crosses and more cut backs to Johnson so that the cross is shorter and he doesnt spray into the stands them if he gets back the ball from Johnson to make the cross.

I still wouldnt pick him if I was Beenie, but hey Beenie must have seen something in him and I think he wants to see if the team can bring some more speed on counterattacks hence why he picked such a speedy team overall.

The way Whitley plays I  think is down to the coach he has talking to him. Whitley seems much creative with Jabloteh because Fenwick plays him in a more attacking role than Beenie does. Fenwick lets him keep the ball. Beenie makes him stay back to receive and distribute ( I'm talking here from what I saw in the Panama and Mexico games), Fenwick lets him take it upfield alone if he can. The games I have seen recently whenever he gets the ball he just deliberately stops and draws at least two defenders everytime and believe me he can hold off two sometimes three of them. Its almost like he is arrogantly waiting for them to come and take a beat. So far he is the best local player I see who can move from 0 to 60 in a split second and from 60 to 0 in same split second so he combines that with dribbling and draws a load of fouls and hence free kicks. When he gets the chance though he has a hell of a low rifle shot across the keeper which is often blocked by defenders because he telegraphs it too much and tends to use his right more than his left foot to take it. He can take a rough tackle well but always seems to have a bad temper.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2005, 11:32:28 PM »
Father bless this team in Jesus name Amen
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2005, 11:44:09 PM »
I know real men on the forum will disagree, but check that last Mexico match - that first goal Atiba shoulda clear the cross - he mistime he header, and check the 21st min. he head he clearance to a MExican in the box.  He had a worse game than Jack in my opinion.

If I'm not mistaken, it was Carlos Edwards' failure tuh deal wit de cross dat led tuh de first goal. De mistimed header in de 21st minute, wasn't it Lawrence dat was responsible fuh dat?

Tallman yuh spot on here as usual... Charles had a very good game against Mexico

I agree , yuh on the ball tallman!!! Nah that was charles misheader in the 21st min of the 2nd half...2 plays after the goal.  And I now agree that charles had a good game regardless.  He entitled to he 1 mistake.
but airballs look like a team problem, and yuh know dem yankee love a cross.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2005, 12:13:57 AM »
Cyd Gray have most of de physical attributes of de modern day wing back

Fast
Very Fit
Excellent recovery speed
Run all day
Decent crosser of de ball
Put pressure on de opposion attackin wide player forcin him to play defence when Cyd overlap

In other words....an ATHLETE.

This is why BSC put Kenwyne to play de position.  Kenwyne is an ATHLETE.

Unfortunately for Cyd...he deficient in some crucial areas

Positioning
Discipline
Tackling

Maybe dese are areas Beenie feel he can correct

De pros might slightly shade de cons where Cyd concern but the key is...he have to get help.

De accompanyin wide midfielder have to be able to cover fuh Cyd...doh mind all de recovery speed he have because Cyd positionin suspect at best.

Dis is why Birchall may be a better bet to play wide right midfield if Cyd playin wing back.  Carlos eh cuttin it from a defensive standpoint so far.  Carlos playin good when he have de ball but he does stay on de wing right through and doh come inside.  By doin dat, he does put extra pressha on de central midfielders who have to wuk harder to make up fuh Carlos.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2005, 04:00:07 AM »
Well said Palos..

Bennie man knows how to get the best out of them fellas it seems, he's also a good coach and could teach them how to use they strength to their advantage.

Cyd Gray might be wild and lacks a little in crossing but coming on as a sub we stand a chance of scoring, both him and Eve is a good tactical move by Bennie man. Ah still feel he might not make de final cut though because we have to many right wing players already, so Gray, Wolfe and Williams might get drop.

Hislop                           
Charles          Andrews               Lawrence              Avery
Edwards         Birchall                 Whtiley                 Samuel
                     Stern                   Jones                         

Glen for Jones
Scotland for Stern
Eve for Samuel
Spann for Whitley
Rahim for Birchall
Theobald for Edwards
Sancho for Andrews

I would like to see Stern off the bench, but he may get de start because he lucky like that.

No offence Patriot, but I see Sealy play a few times for his club and he still have plently to learn, he have a nice first touch though, but he lacking de killer instinct.

Bennie man fix we defence, now it seems he aiming to fix the midfield and forward, he start from the bottom up, good move. We have a good attacking fast team.

Wolfe have talent it seems because Stuart Charles also liked him, but in time I guess. He play good on the left wing and he and Avery is de only two left footers on de squad even though Samuel play left wing for his clubs Dundee United and Jabloteh and was good at it, more attacking option, especially when he running forward into the center of the field taking on defenders or leaving them on the wing, he strong and fast and will also help defend. What kinda catchie is Wolfe and Sancho could play left back also incase Avery have to go center because Andrews might be rested if we tie and win (for the least) we first 2 games and qualify for the next round, so Wolfe maynot get drop after all ?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 07:05:23 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cyd Gray and dem Spanish
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2005, 06:05:04 AM »
Cyd Grey playing good for Jabloteh the last few games I see.....is just he wild. But he can run up a flank he have speed.
I think he is good Tonic for the spanish we playing.

Ah only hope he learn he lessons after Costa Rica tear up he backside in 2001. Here are some quotes from de match report by Irving Ward:

"...the Costa Ricans took advantage of debutant T&T defender Cyd Gray's jittery start at this level from the first blow of referee Joo Kim Young's whistle."

"...Porterfield paid the price for gambling with Gray for the second half..."

"The opportunity was created after another attack down the left flank from the Costa Ricans, who utilised the relatively free flank all match because of Gray's inability to contain veteran striker Hernan Medford."

"With Gray at sea and Angus Eve also failing to provide some sort of cover for his Joe Public teammate, the Costa Ricans were left with loads of time to set up a barrage of attacks and shots at Hislop's goal."

That Costa rica match make me dislike Cyd Gray.  He got the same beat at least 10 times in dat game.  Couldn't understand why he did not adjust his game.  If you lacking in talent make up with brain and common sense. 

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2005, 06:24:32 AM »
Dont blame Gray for that, if you notice de other T&T players left him for dead in Costa Rica, no one was helpin de man, he was a one man army everybody give up except for Gray after we was down 3-0, he was running up and down, even though he pelt a few hand he still battle, yea he get beat but de man look tired and still try hard, when yuh tired yuh legs does slow up.

Remember in de last gold cup, he came in as a sub and caused a goal vs Costa Rica after he cross de ball and John was foul in de box we get a penalty..

Simones, Porterfield, Fenwick, Hill and now Leo all use him and call him up so he cant be that bad, he just need the right attitude and training (maybe)... who knows, things might change... he have something in him that makes him special for all the coaches so far to keep callin him up. ?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 07:07:45 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2005, 07:38:57 AM »
Whats make it nice about the team now we have a good few young players arond and this could help us in the future, greatly.

Glen, Jones, Theobald, Spann, Rahim, Edwards, Samuel, Birchall, Wolfe and Williams.

Sealy, Tiger and Boucaud also have so expo.

We just need to expose some defensive type players now and a better keeper than Williams like Andre Chalres, 2010 might be a good deal.

Imagine we use to call every foreign based player long ago, now we blanking men, the pool has grown.

Nice nice..
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 07:42:24 AM by Star Child »

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cyd Gray's inclusion
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2005, 08:19:37 AM »
Simones, Porterfield, Fenwick, Hill and now Leo all use him and call him up so he cant be that bad, he just need the right attitude and training (maybe)... who knows, things might change... he have something in him that makes him special for all the coaches so far to keep callin him up. ?

Quote from de Trinidad Guardian:

"A not-so-surprising inclusion was CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh defender Cyd Gray, who worked overtime in the recent T&T Pro League match against Defence Force at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Gray obviously impressed Beenhakker with his aggressive runs down the line and dangerous crosses to hat-trick scorer Kerry Noray."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2005, 08:58:43 AM »
Marcos

it will be like this

Birchall---Whitley---Edwards
------------Spann----------------

Birchall is a winger for Port Vale, he is competent enough I feel to move on the left and play well. Leave Carlos on the right have Spann as the bruiser and let Whitley rip men. If Whitley ent doing it swith him with birchall and let Birchall spray the passes. This mid go wuk. When a man get bun bring on Theobold or Eve.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2005, 09:14:21 AM »
Marcos

it will be like this

Birchall is a winger for Port Vale, he is competent enough I feel to move on the left and play well. Leave Carlos on the right have Spann as the bruiser and let Whitley rip men. If Whitley ent doing it swith him with birchall and let Birchall spray the passes. This mid go wuk. When a man get bun bring on Theobold or Eve.

I read in another post/article that Carlos plays on the left sometimes for his club.  So he might be a better option on the left and put Birchall on the right., otherwise I like this midfield combo.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2005, 09:21:30 AM »
The early reports we got on Birchall was that he is VERY right footed, he can't use his left foot except to stand on.  So I think it would be better to leave him middle and let Whitely try a ting out left.  Or maybe try Edwards on the left and Birchall on the right.
Don't forget we also have Colin Samuel to try on de left, so one of these 4 men may have to warm a bench if Samuel looking comfortable out dey.

I'm still not 100% sure Spann's club will release him, they have games scheduled all through the Gold Cup.  I guess we'll find out soon.

Rahim continues to surprise me.  Beenie must think he is a good player to keep him in the squad and use him against Mexico but he couldn't even get a sweat for Falkirk for years.  any news on him finding a wok?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 09:24:50 AM by arrow »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2005, 09:25:19 AM »
Marcos

it will be like this

yes Touches... plus Birchall and Edwards could continously switch sides to unbalance de defenders

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2005, 09:39:29 AM »
I see big things going on and the shake up is necessary. For too long our players have been taking their selection to the team as a forgone conclusion e.g. Dwarika

Let the records show that to earn your selection, you have to work hard and focus on your role as a team player not an individual.

Ince is an enigma at this point, not clear exactly what transpired there, oh well! We have to move on an upwards

I am really looking forward to the Gold Cup, we need this workout to get ready for the US in August

GO WARRIORS!!!!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2005, 09:47:22 AM »

Ince is a fool.

U pass up the Gold Cup where you basically advertizing yourself to the world to go fight up with dat idiot Gradi.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2005, 09:48:02 AM »
that middle sound good my only question is the defensive abilities of the 2 middle men spann and whitley.  Can those guys help the back four defend??? just asking
if not and according to how samuel looking, put him on the left.

samuel(left)   whitley         edwards
                   birchall

jusme

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2005, 09:55:37 AM »

This is directed at Touches,
how you organizing that midfield of Spann, Whitley, Birchall and Edwards. I like that midfield alot but it seems like we have a right wing and 3 centre mids.

this is a whole other topic.  I don't get much chance to watch Italian football anymore but in the Champions League final, I notice Milan had Seedorf, Kaka, Pirlo and Gattuso in the midfield.  As far as I know they are all central midfielders.   I notice Gattuso was the most defensive, and if I remember correctly Pirlo was more or sticking in the middle, but Kaka and Seedorf had license to roam at will.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2005, 10:03:04 AM »
that middle sound good my only question is the defensive abilities of the 2 middle men spann and whitley.  Can those guys help the back four defend??? just asking
if not and according to how samuel looking, put him on the left.

samuel(left)   whitley         edwards
                   birchall

Spann could real hold down a defensive mid and distribute. I think we shouldn't overlook Glen as a possibility on the left cuz I see d man playing left striker in the highlights and swingin in cross from the left. I also think Birchall was too good in the middle there to move him outside. But I sure in the end Leo will get it right

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2005, 10:44:20 AM »
Spann could real hold down a defensive mid and distribute. I think we shouldn't overlook Glen as a possibility on the left cuz I see d man playing left striker in the highlights and swingin in cross from the left. I also think Birchall was too good in the middle there to move him outside. But I sure in the end Leo will get it right

Geln wasn't exactly swinging in crosses.
All of them were played low along the carpet....they caused trouble but I wonder if he has the left foot to play it accurately in the air....maybe he can who knows but I haven't seen him do it as yet.  He can definitely rifle a bullet with the left.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2005, 11:12:08 AM »
the issue with Glen on the left wing is can he track back and do the defensive duties when necessary.  And if he can, will it limit his effectiveness going forward?  I think Samuel has more experience in that role.  I would prefer Glen striking, even if its as a sub like he was against USA.
But I think Beenie may try different starting combos in the Gold Cup - perhaps Stern with Glen in 1st match and Scotland with Jones in the 2nd.
Add Yorke to that mix - selection headaches for Beenie man.

1]; } ?>