March 29, 2024, 06:21:18 AM

Author Topic: Anelka coming back to EPL?  (Read 2866 times)

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anelka coming back to EPL?
« on: August 21, 2006, 09:58:24 AM »
Fenerbahce drag heels on Anelka deal
Soccernet.com
Aug. 21, 2006

Bolton's attempts to seal a deal for Nicolas Anelka to make his Premiership return are being thwarted by Turkish club Fenerbahce.

Anelka, 27, has claimed agreement in principle on a four-year contract with the Trotters and Sam Allardyce has confirmed discussions with the French forward are at an advanced stage.

However, the Bolton manager has cautioned against expectation the deal is on the brink of completion, pointing out Anelka's current club are not proving to be the easiest negotiating partners.

'There is no point in trying to hide that we are interested in Nicolas but we are in the hands of Fenerbahce,' said Allardyce.

'We would like Nicolas Anelka and we are flattered he would like to join us, as he has said.

'The deal has been negotiated for a considerable period of time but we can't quite get the president of Fenerbahce to put the rubber-stamp on it.

'Hopefully, it will be done sooner rather than later. But, until Fenerbahce tell us we can go on with the deal, we are in their hands.'

Anelka certainly seems optimistic the transfer will be concluded and he will be cleared to join his fourth English team after previous spells with Arsenal, Liverpool and, latterly, Manchester City.

It is reported that Bolton have offered around £8million for the 27-year-old.

'My wish is to return to the Premiership and it's about to materialise,' said Anelka told L'Equipe.

'I have agreed with Bolton the terms and conditions of a four-year contract.

'My desire to join this club is very strong and I hope everything will be sealed at the start of this week.'

Allardyce was hoping the transfer would remain secret until it had been formally finalised.

Now, the Bolton boss is faced with the worry of knowing rival clubs could attempt to wreck the deal by trumping the north-west side with a big-money offer of their own.

'Once something like this becomes public, it concerns me,' he said. 'We would like Nicolas Anelka but when it becomes public, it only alerts other clubs, who might join the race and spoil all the hard work we have done.

'There is nothing we can do about that now, other than keep my fingers crossed.'

Meanwhile, Wanderers midfielder Gary Speed has signed a new two-year deal to remain at the Reebok Stadium until the summer of 2008.

The 36-year-old former Wales international, who joined Bolton from Newcastle in 2004, has made over 70 appearances and scored five goals for the club.

'Gary's top-flight experience is second to none and is vital to this football club.

'He has been with us for two seasons and during that time he has been exceptional for us.'

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Anelka coming back to EPL?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 10:48:05 AM »
I like Anelka one of my favourite strikers but he is ah premier league jammet. He keeps on coming back all the time.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 10:58:40 AM »
Anelka would have been a good signing for Man U as back up for Saha. Both are similar types of player good finishers, good in the air, pace. Anelka will score regular as long as he gets game time.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 11:16:54 AM »
he should have been coming to Fratton Park >:(

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 07:00:12 PM »
he should have been coming to Fratton Park >:(

i find so 2

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 07:12:12 PM »
Ah very much talented player, with good technique, one of meh favorite players from France. But as de old people does say back in T&T, it look like he lil blight.  :-\
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 07:14:01 PM »
Ah very much talented player, with good technique, one of meh favorite players from France. But as de old people does say back in T&T, it look like he lil blight.  :-\
He eh blight nah. Is jes dat he continuously made bad career choices (wit de astute advice of his brother) beginning wit his departure from Arsenal. Plus, it look like he have an attitude problem.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 08:39:36 PM »
yea he has a lil atitude problem and seems to lose interest in the club he is at after 2 years.....england and france is for him

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 09:09:30 PM »
He eh blight nah. Is jes dat he continuously made bad career choices (wit de astute advice of his brother) beginning wit his departure from Arsenal. Plus, it look like he have an attitude problem.

Dat is true Tallman, ah remember wey some managers and teammates in de past, having some negative things tuh say bout he attitude. Poor fellah, but make no mistake, he is ah killah on de pitch on his day.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 10:26:58 AM »
Has he grown up yet?

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Anelka Becomes Bolton's Record Signing
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 10:06:54 PM »
http://goal.com/en-us/articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=115901

Bolton Wanderers have completed a £8 million transfer, a club record, for Fenerbahce striker Nicolas Anelka

The former Arsenal, Real Madrid, Liverpool, and Manchester City forward has signed a four-year deal at the Reebok, and manager Sam Allardyce was delighted.

"Patience is a virtue, and I am pleased to say that all the waiting and hard work we've done behind the scenes has paid off," Allardyce said on the club's website.

"Nicolas is a player with an amazing track record in the Premiership; he was born to score goals. His talent and experience will be a valuable asset for us."

The 27-year-old Frenchman has made 31 appearances for his country, and in his most recent Premiership stint netted 38 times in 89 appearances. Anelka is expected to travel with the club to London for Bolton's match against Charlton.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anelka Becomes Bolton's Record Signing
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 10:15:05 PM »
leh we see how long before he 4k this one up
was always one of my favourite French players but between he and he brother I eh know who does 4k things up more

Més que un club.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 02:19:22 AM »
Top quality signing bearing in mind Allardyce has shown in the past he can deal with 'problem players', eg Diouf.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 11:01:21 AM »
Top quality signing bearing in mind Allardyce has shown in the past he can deal with 'problem players', eg Diouf.

he also show he could eff up man career, eg Borgetti.

1]; } ?>