April 26, 2024, 11:21:17 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea loose and nobody say a thing  (Read 6000 times)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chelsea loose and nobody say a thing
« on: August 23, 2006, 10:20:13 PM »
Middlesbrough 2-1 Chelsea 
By Saj Chowdhury 
www.bbc.co.uk

Mark Viduka scored a stoppage-time goal to give Middlesbrough a win at the expense of Premiership champions Chelsea at The Riverside.

Viduka picked up Yakubu's pass on the edge of the six-yard area to rifle past Carlo Cudicini.

Andriy Shevchenko scored his first Premiership goal to give Chelsea the lead, poking home Wayne Bridge's cross.

Middlesbrough's Emanuel Pogatetz headed in the equaliser in the second half from Fabio Rochemback's free-kick.

There was just about enough to suggest at The Riverside that Chelsea could find themselves in a pickle on more than one occasion this season.

Gareth Southgate's Middlesbrough came close to showing why that might be the case early in the match.

Gaizka Mendieta, with a low shot, Chris Rigott and Yakubu, with headers, all went close to giving the Teessiders an early and deserved lead.

Jose Mourinho's Blues were handicapped, in relative terms, prior to kick-off when Arjen Robben suffered a calf injury in the warm-up.

New signing Salomon Kalou was brought into the starting XI and looked very lively, although he did come up against a very inexperienced Middlesbrough back four.

The Ivory Coast international came within inches of opening his league account, but failed to get on the end of his fellow compatriot Didier Drogba's cross.

Drogba and his new striking partner Shevchenko appeared to be competing against each other, rather than aiming to forge a solid bond between themselves.

If that was the case, then the Ukrainian came out on top. He opened his account in the Premiership after Boro wasted their three early chances.

The move itself was a peach. Bridge, who had his second successive impressive game, sped down the left and exchanged passes with Michael Essien before rifling in a low cross that Shevchenko got to ahead of Boro's George Boateng.

Shevchenko was very good and a joy to watch. Most of what he did was clever without over-playing and when he did come under a challenge, there were no histrionics.

His best moment was not the goal, but when he raced down the left and delivered a superb ball for Frank Lampard whose tame header rebounded off the post and to safety.

Lampard had been quiet until then and did not have his best game - neither did his fellow midfielders.

They should have killed off the match, but failed to.

That allowed Middlesbrough to rediscover the early belief they had.

The arrival of teenager midfielder Lee Cattermole and striker Mark Viduka appeared to change the game for Southgate's side.

Their endeavour drove their team-mates forward and with 10 minutes left Middlesbrough's efforts were rewarded.

A free-kick from the left edge of the penalty area was whipped in and met brilliantly by Pogatetz.

A draw would have been seen as a victory for Boro, but they wanted more - after all, how many times does a team have the chance to beat the all-conquering Chelsea?

So in the depths of injury time, Viduka made sure he was first to pick up a knee pass from team-mate Yakubu.

He swivelled on a sixpence and sent the home support at The Riverside wild.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Middlesbrough: Schwarzer, Davies (Cattermole 61), Riggott, Pogatetz, Taylor, Parnaby, Mendieta (Viduka 72), Boateng, Rochemback, Downing, Yakubu.
Subs Not Used: Turnbull, Morrison, McMahon.

Booked: Parnaby, Boateng.

Goals: Pogatetz 80, Viduka 90.

Chelsea: Cudicini, Paulo Ferreira, Ricardo Carvalho, Terry, Bridge, Essien, Makelele (Wright-Phillips 84), Lampard, Shevchenko, Drogba, Kalou.
Subs Not Used: Hilario, Boulahrouz, Mikel, Diarra.

Booked: Drogba, Paulo Ferreira.

Goals: Shevchenko 16.

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chelsea loose and nobody say a thing
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 10:26:58 PM »
 ah guess man in shock ;D

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 10:34:36 PM »
Ah waited more than 7 hrs to see if somebody would post it but nothing.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 10:42:48 PM »
Hey Sheva got his first goal.... guess Abramovich did not listen to that beatles song, "money can't buy you love and championships"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 11:00:03 PM »
Is 2 games into a 38 game EPL season.

Yuh think is like Man Boo jock strappers who have to jump and scream whenever dem win a game to try and covince deuself dey doin sumting dis season?   ;D

I eh no Chelsea supporter but lawd man.  Allyuh carryin on like if dis supposed to really mean something.  Is 2 games into de season.  Repeat....2 games.  Jeezan.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 11:00:41 PM »
Hey Sheva got his first goal.... guess Abramovich did not listen to that beatles song, "money can't buy you love and championships"

It bought him de last 2 EPL titles.  Allyuh memory short sah.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 11:01:43 PM »

Yuh think is like Man Boo jock strappers who have to jump and scream whenever dem win a game to try and covince deuself dey doin sumting dis season?   ;D

I eh no Chelsea supporter but lawd man.  Allyuh carryin on like if dis supposed to really mean something.  Is 2 games into de season.  Repeat....2 games.  Jeezan.
How many games did they loose last year ?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 11:12:02 PM »

5.  Same amount as Man Boo and they still win de title by 8 points.

I maintain.  Is only 2 games into de season.

Respeck.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 11:19:35 PM »

5.  Same amount as Man Boo and they still win de title by 8 points.

I maintain.  Is only 2 games into de season.

Respeck.

Well that means that they have one less to loose this year already.

By the way I am not really a supporter of any other team other than the Soca Warriors. Just making the comment that for all the cross talk and banter I was surprised that no one had posted this story.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 01:13:32 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 01:20:38 AM »
*YAWN*

Middlesborough beat us last year as well, big deal.

We giving every1 else a headstart.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 03:17:05 AM »
Most people yuh see backing Chelsea on here back them becaus eit gives them something to brag about, like Bulls fans in the 90's.

It had none of them on here three years ago and I mean NONE. Let Chelsea go two years without winning a title and there will be none again.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 03:39:14 AM »
I ent so bothered coz it only 2 games in.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 04:12:17 AM »
Most people yuh see backing Chelsea on here back them becaus eit gives them something to brag about, like Bulls fans in the 90's.

It had none of them on here three years ago and I mean NONE. Let Chelsea go two years without winning a title and there will be none again.

Yuh so dam right about that. ( oh lawd palos already buff me up, because ah get giddy we win 2 match in  ah row!) Man U all de way
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 04:35:00 AM by dctrini »

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 05:10:56 AM »
2 games in,that jus making things worst,cause now they coming back with a vengance.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 05:39:48 AM »
JDB,  i am a chelsea fan since the days of zola and guillit.  but ah did support manutd because of dwighty......lol.

I cant understand why people getting on so?  One loss and man start to sing all kinda song!!

Chelsea going and win this league hands down!! this loss will be a blessing in disguise!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 05:42:07 AM »

yes palos but the previously invincible Chelsea has now lost two of their first three games played...including the Charity shield ! you dont think thazt is cause for concern ?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 06:12:52 AM »
I watching and waiting...setta pseudo Chelsea fans.

If I ask some of alyuh Chelsea men some pertinent questions I sure plenty of alyuh go Pop down.

But I glad Middlesborough SORFEN dem.

2 games in it is still a lorse.

Now for Manu to lose a few and Arsenal in ting once again.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2006, 06:13:07 AM »
I saw the game . Great goalkeeping kept Boro in the game. The score could have been three -0 at half time. Once the two men up front get it right , look out. This is only the second game. Check me out in January.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2006, 06:17:30 AM »
yes palos but the previously invincible Chelsea has now lost two of their first three games played...including the Charity shield ! you dont think thazt is cause for concern ?

Nope.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2006, 06:17:55 AM »
I saw the game . Great goalkeeping kept Boro in the game. The score could have been three -0 at half time. Once the two men up front get it right , look out. This is only the second game. Check me out in January.

Just a reminder goalkeeping is part of the game,so when people keep saying great goalkeeping kept them in the game,there job is to expose that great goalkeeping and if they can't,only the end result matters which is boro 2 chelsea 1......................    

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2006, 06:41:37 AM »
JDB,  i am a chelsea fan since the days of zola and guillit.  but ah did support manutd because of dwighty......lol.

I cant understand why people getting on so?  One loss and man start to sing all kinda song!!

Chelsea going and win this league hands down!! this loss will be a blessing in disguise!!

ah love it!!

andre yuh hadda agree, you are one of de very few true chelsea supporters then....Anyways more importantly

Sheva score! ;D

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2006, 06:59:57 AM »

ah love it!!

put your money where yuh mouth is andre

100 ttd chelsea doe win and utd does

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2006, 07:05:26 AM »
Ey big congrats to Middlesborough and their fans.  Beating Chelsea isn't easy.

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2006, 07:10:04 AM »
Unuh see how Palos gwaan ... a nuh nothing when Chelsea lose ... but watch the celebration if Manu lose.

Easy Rastaman, no need to mek up noise yet ... wait till ManU hold dem in the Theatre of Crashed Dreams.

As Bounty used to say ..... "People Dead!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2006, 07:15:55 AM »
Unuh see how Palos gwaan ... a nuh nothing when Chelsea lose ... but watch the celebration if Manu lose.

What's there to celebrate?  Yuh doh celebrate regularly recurring events in football sah.  Man Boo losin come like sayin rain wet.  Ah mean....come now... ;D ;D

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2006, 08:33:51 AM »

Welcome to football.

When United was running rampant they used to lose games where all kinda shit keeper play the game of thier lives.

Why? Because everybody want to beat the team on top and that not going to change all season long so that reasoning is just optimism.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2006, 08:34:23 AM »

What's there to celebrate?  Yuh doh celebrate regularly recurring events in football sah.  Man Boo losin come like sayin rain wet.  Ah mean....come now... ;D ;D

:bs: :yapping: :violin:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2006, 08:39:37 AM »
dat is for the others tuh tork 'bout....'brough get ah win jes like last season...we go take ah lorse, hold we chin up and prepare for the nex game.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 08:41:12 AM by Tongue »

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2006, 08:46:13 AM »

ah love it!!

I also think it will be a blessing in a disguise as Mourinho will stop trying to play 3/4 central midfielders in a 4-4-2.

However i think Man Utd will be right up Chelsea's ass this season as Fergie seems to have sorted his brain out over the summer.

1]; } ?>