April 27, 2024, 04:17:51 PM

Author Topic: Players' BEST chances of success: reaping the benefits  (Read 1249 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Players' BEST chances of success: reaping the benefits
« on: July 08, 2006, 09:05:36 AM »
As we ponder back and forth the issue of a bonafide coach and the various tug of war between  a team of foreign players and local players, I think  there is room for compromise.

First our players like everyone else are playing to earn a living. Like everyone else if that means plying  ones' ability in various parts of Britain, U.S.A,  Europe, TNT or South America. Our players are not the only ones who are embarking on this endeavour. This we must realize is a reality. Your best players will gravitate toward the financial dividends based on their talent and  the offering made to them.

The assurances a national public years for is  that our players are in positions whereby they are given the best opportunities for development of their talents and growth in their chosen profession. By and large the general public  would like to see our players progress to a point  of invincibility.

We have come to judge certain areas  of the globe as better for our players; some think that  if a player makes it to the EPL, he has arrived at the mecca of football.  This thinking could be reviewed in light of the fact that given where our players ply their trade, they did stand up well against teams who had players in  so called 'big European leagues'

As in most things, economics and talent will dictate for the most part where our players will end up. I see that  the young striker from Jamaica Luton Shelton has now signed  for a Swedish club apparently the same club as H.Larsson is playing for.  Does this  compare to K.Jones  club? Will his opportunities for growth be comparable to K.Jones? How would a striker on  a local cub develop by comparison?

So it's not just  not all about training? What  exposure and what constant playing against  high calibre opposition does for a player's development is what some believe truly  is essential.  Like most things in life , if we set the bar  to a higher level and we work in environs of excellence, we too would hope that we would be influenced by this excellence.

This brings me to the point that  we need to nurture and ensure that we establish a culture of excellence in our own backyard  so as to nurture and develop  excellence in our youth and in our future players. If we strive for excellence and expect excellence then we will get excellence. If we continue to see our leagues and our programs as second rate, we will produce second rate players.

We expect these same players to give back and represent their country, then as a country we must  nurture and provide the opportunities for them so that we will reap the benefits later on.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 11:07:35 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Players' BEST chances of success: reaping the benefits
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 11:09:02 AM »
Based on results to date, it appears that  we took  two two steps backward in the development of our future.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 12:21:52 PM »
Based on results to date, it appears that we took two two steps backward in the development of our future.

ALberta sad to say but I don't find the results of the U20's shocking. I am disappointed but not shocked. What was  their preparation?

I don't know why trinis think that we have a god given right to produce exceptional balers. IMHO cable tv and video games have significantly reduced our potential player pool.  Point was a place that used to produce real decent ballers. My friends from down there used to tell yuh straight, if is not for sweat it have nothing to do. Now with the LNG paper rolling, men not confined to Point no more.

Another thing that I realized is that Trinis version of a good baller is a man who does drag and fan and cap people.  We doh care if it result in a good cross or an assist. After  the game all men does talk bout is who get 'spoil.' When some of these stars fade into the lime light we does wonder what happen. Well here is what happen. They bounce up a higher level of defenders and can't dribble through the whole side. They never used to play team ball. They passing not accurate. They don't have the greatest first touch. Coaches tell their players when the 'star' get the ball foul him, or doh commit hard to the tackle lets see what he will do.

The best chances for success I think is getting our players to develop earlier. We also need to expose our players at a young age to a high level of ball. Let them see what good teams do right.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 03:11:59 PM »
 Will our professional players have faith in our program to risk a career representing a haphazard organization (TTFF)?

1]; } ?>