March 29, 2024, 01:17:43 AM

Author Topic: Anton Corneal ponders SSFL boycott.  (Read 30312 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anton Corneal ponders SSFL boycott.
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2006, 05:56:57 PM »
Corneal could talk dat kinda assness because he is a Corneal.  From the perch of opportunities his father's name has given him, he has been able to see for years that T&T football  AT ALL LEVELS has been lacking the proper structure that is necessary to properly develop our footballers to compete at the REAL international level and to come now and lay blame at the feet of the SSFL is, at the very least, quite hypocritical of him.  TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO DOES NOT INVEST IN ITS ATHLETES,  whether it be from a cultural or administrative perspective.  We will "big up" any or all of our players that would achieve anything and accept mediocrity from such players and make them feel like "they reach" even though it is clear that such players made it despite our poor system and have a long way to go to reach true, competitive international standards.The Haiti game showed us how much we are lacking even in our own CONCACAF region..........just like hosting the Under-17 World Cup in 2001 should have showed us........just like the Under-16 tournament showed us waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1983, was it?  We, as a culture have to start DEMANDING  excellence of our players, coaches and administrators and those of you that are young, upcoming players, you have to demand excellence of YOURSELVES!!  Stop galleryin' yuhself just because yuh could "spanner a man on de line".  Ronaldinho could do dat, too, but he make sure he could trap, pass head and shoot a ball PROPERLY as well.
    With all due respect to one of the posters that mentioned what our "former" TD had reccommended that all of our coaches be properly licenced.  Our former national team coach from Yugoslavia, Mr. Vranes, had put that proposal to TTFF/TTFA when he was at the helm back in 1995.
   Players need to be advised on proper techniques of achieving and maintaining fitness at different periods of the year, on and off season.  They need to be taught the importance of proper diet and nutrition.  I wonder how much of that has Anton Corneal given even to players that played at his father's coaching academy.  I don't know so i'm just wondering.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2006, 06:01:04 PM »
I wondering which players SSFL "PRODUCES"?

What is the definition of "PRODUCE"?

Because to me.....SSFL doh "PRODUCE" any player....certainly not in the past 10 years or so.

Who "PRODUCE" Stern John?  El Dorado?  The El Dorado coaching staff?

Latapy...Sando Tech?  Their coaching staff?

A case could be made for Dwight Yorke and BSC...yes....but that now is the exception rather than the rule.  Even then...Dwight Yorke was more a product of the St Clair coaching school, a year round initiative, rather than Signal Hill.  BSC just happened to be coach of Signal Hill.

To me the SSFL is a showcase league.  Players go to school, represent the school, maybe train for 2 months of the year, and then what?  What do they do?  Which SSFL coach then "produces" these players.

Is that the "PRODUCTION" we talkin about?

To me....representing a school and having a school "PRODUCE" players are 2 entirely different things.

Look at Leston Paul or Sean De Silva....CIC and CIC coaching staff "PRODUCIN" dem?

I agree with Anton Corneal on this issue.  The SSFL IS lower standard.  Our players WILL NOT IMPROVE if their focus is on SSFL football.

There is no "coaching staff" to really consult with.  These coaches in most part have these guys for a maximum 3 months of any year.  The pro league clubs already have their infratsructure in place where these same guys who REPRESENT SSFL teams are actually PRODUCED by most of the Pro League teams.  In the Pro League model, these young players play against their peers, and the best of them go on to play at higher levels like U 20 or even Pro League senor teams.  In other words...they playin "big man" football which was always the model used for our better youth players...from Alvin Corneal to Russell Latapy.

The SSFL has an undeniable emotional connect.  It has existing rivalries with tradition, it is heavily marketed in the media etc.  But the SSFL come like carnival in a way.  It seasonal...and not just seasonal....but the season way too short at that.  At the end of the day, is a "gallery" league.  Bragging rights is the main thing.  Yeah...it have a place for that too....but the priorities wrong.  The media priorities wrong.

Right now...the SSFL is a byproduct of the educational system.  Kids go to school PRIMARILY for educational purposes....NOT for SPORTING reasons.  That is how it should be and it's right and correct.  If we want to be SERIOUS about our football, as the Haitian's amply demonstrated with their model....you have to think about SPORT being a priority.  In the current structure with the SSFL...that NOT going to happen.  And I don't see that changing anytime soon.  The TTFF has no jurisdiction over the SSFL as far as I know.

As much as I disagree with a lot of things re: Anton Corneal....he is right on this issue in my opinion.

:applause: :applause:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2006, 06:19:30 PM »
Is anyone see the pending train wreck that is T&T football in two years?
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2006, 07:04:24 PM »

Other than between say September 2005 to July 2006....when hasn't it been?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2006, 07:14:39 PM »
Other than between say September 2005 to July 2006....when hasn't it been?

actually,i would say from mars 2006 to July 2006. We had nuff confusion them other months...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2006, 09:44:37 PM »
like allure don't know it does have scouts at these ssfl games,a Falkirk scout came and look at Collin Samuell and some of the Mayaro composite school players,a man name Jack organise that and i eh talking about Jack Warner,that is how Collin get some props and don't forget we PFL scouts,how you think some of these youths end up with PFL teams.I for one against it.A little note and something to think about,when the scout came to watch Collin play he also came to watch a player called Sherwin Lee who was at the time training for the national under 20 he plays for Tobago united now, anyway Sherwin end up getting drop cause they had brought in foreign base players from college and Collin well look where he is now.

truetrini

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2006, 10:41:24 PM »
like allure don't know it does have scouts at these ssfl games,a Falkirk scout came and look at Collin Samuell and some of the Mayaro composite school players,a man name Jack organise that and i eh talking about Jack Warner,that is how Collin get some props and don't forget we PFL scouts,how you think some of these youths end up with PFL teams.I for one against it.A little note and something to think about,when the scout came to watch Collin play he also came to watch a player called Sherwin Lee who was at the time training for the national under 20 he plays for Tobago united now, anyway Sherwin end up getting drop cause they had brought in foreign base players from college and Collin well look where he is now.

so what go stop de scouts now?

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2006, 11:18:51 PM »
my comments was for those who think our school football is low and to show that by banning these youths from playing ssfl they can risk the chance of being picked up at a young age for a foreign club,it will be nice to see Knox at his age getting overseas contract.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2006, 11:26:29 PM »
 SSFL causing a serious problem with our football now.
This is my take on it.

Up to the middle 70's was one colleges league no zone really.
So all the teams whether they were from N,S, E or W would play each other twice.
The league was just about 10 or 12 teams so that meant only about 200 boys were involved.
What that meant was fellas who wasn't going to school or were in schools that were not in the competition were playing football for clubs, minor league, regional league and even national league.
So you would find that a club team would four or five men starting that could be as young as 16 or 17. When a youth man have to play football against full grown men they develop a lot faster to survive or they fall on the wayside.
When benedicts had the side of the century Brunner went out and found these fellas an maybe dat is what cause the slide because it gave the colleges league a much bigger profile.

Now with all the schools involved in SSFL the clubs have to wait till dey finish playing at that level, SSFL does actually ban men when dey play for any other organisation.
So men who would have quickly developed into better than average players end up playing SSFL getting a scolarship and migrating and few of them carry on to national for whatever reason. For the individual this is probably good.
For national football is the worse thing that happened to us.
Remember when Gally, Archie, Dilly , David and the rest played for their schools they also were so strong that they were also able to play for South , North etc with the older guys who must have improved their football and matured them.

SSFL should be looked at seriously an this problem solved
I know all the pro teams have youth sides now but what good is that if the players for five months for the year are restricted to playing only for their schools under questionable coaching.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2006, 07:18:02 AM »
Back in "88 the Big seven was cut down to a big 4 to allow for Concacaf under 16 tournament.  A number of the national players on that squad did not play any colleges ball that season. No publicity. No press. It was just done.  It didn't hurt the school league. The competition was still good . In fact the top schools didn't feel it hat much because their key players would have been 17-19 year olds....

Did it hurt our # 19 that he never played colleges ball at 17? Did it limit his scholarship opportunities? We the U 16s in 88 denied opportunities to further their studies because they missed a year of SSFL? Would a college scout ignore a youth international because he never played SSFL?

We have to decide what is our priority.  Do we want to rival the academies of the Dutch, English, Spanish, French ilk in terms of producing quality players and qualifying teams for youth world cups? 
Or
Would we rather have the entertainment value of SSFL ::) override the need to reestablish a strong youth pipeline to the senior ranks?

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2006, 07:28:16 AM »
question..

if they pull dem out of the SSFL....what they gonna do...
would love to know whas the plan for them? and if they have  a LOT of friendlies in place then....

cause ya cah be jus trainin and playin a PFL youth side every now and then...which could be the case and a stupid one at that....

at least playin in the ssfl would be competitive games for them...and if he need them in between...call dem out ..

he move like a A** in that final.....i couldnt believe....how he is a big coach and couldnt see that we needed fresh legs in that final...wait til the 80th min. to bring ona  man..then til the 87th to bring on a next..while Haiti were bringing them on much earlier...

that match report i now read there was total injustice to the Haitian team...i a trini....but hadda give jack he jacket...haiti Schooled us..we eh look good
plain and simple....plain talk bad manners......and to say it was our best game!?!? wayzz...i eh see the others so that mean we play REAL shit b4

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2006, 07:30:39 AM »
Mango chow...well said in that long post u put earlier....

The corneals never really impress me..though anton was givin me hope...

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2006, 07:33:52 AM »
question..

if they pull dem out of the SSFL....what they gonna do...
would love to know whas the plan for them? and if they have  a LOT of friendlies in place then....

cause ya cah be jus trainin and playin a PFL youth side every now and then...which could be the case and a stupid one at that....

at least playin in the ssfl would be competitive games for them...and if he need them in between...call dem out ..

he move like a A** in that final.....i couldnt believe....how he is a big coach and couldnt see that we needed fresh legs in that final...wait til the 80th min. to bring ona  man..then til the 87th to bring on a next..while Haiti were bringing them on much earlier...

that match report i now read there was total injustice to the Haitian team...i a trini....but hadda give jack he jacket...haiti Schooled us..we eh look good
plain and simple....plain talk bad manners......and to say it was our best game!?!? wayzz...i eh see the others so that mean we play REAL shit b4

Dais de problem , what they going to be doing ?
Before it had Eddie Hart league, All kinda different league in de svannha, Central football league, kinda league in South.
Now the leagues limited. Yuh doh here about the amount of minor leagues we used to have in the past where all kind a big name players used to run.
But I still maintain SSFL real harmfull to these boys development and something has to be done.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2006, 07:42:41 AM »
i hear ya on that....the SSFL being a hindrance that is...

but WHAT is the other optionSSS?
hadda be more than 1...

cause cah have dem youth men jus trainin for a 3 months..no games....no camps in another country...
cause they go be restless not playin SERIOUS games...hadda organise games against all dem s. american countries..C. america..

ever wonder how from youth level to the senior team....we cah ever get big games against S. american sides and they the closest geographically???
money yes...but they the closest...by time u fly to england to play some shit club sides...u coulda do that and go colombia, uruguay and build up there...

hadda wonder what some a dem tinkin

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2006, 07:54:51 AM »
the train has to be running in order for it to wreck...right now it stuttering

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2006, 08:00:42 AM »

hadda be more than 1...

cause cah have dem youth men jus trainin for a 3 months..no games....no camps in another country...
cause they go be restless not playin SERIOUS games...hadda organise games against all dem s. american countries..C. america..

ever wonder how from youth level to the senior team....we cah ever get big games against S. american sides and they the closest geographically???
money yes...but they the closest...by time u fly to england to play some shit club sides...u coulda do that and go colombia, uruguay and build up there...

No concacaf team will play us so look at south america. If you cant schedule any games there then get creative.

Creative options:
Exhibition Games against senior Pro league teams.  They shouldn't be able to win those but will gain valuable experience.

Closed door training games against the U 20s
Closed door training games against colleges all stars

When preparing for a tournament at youth level, your objective isn't necessary to win every game but to put the elements of your game plan in place along with finding the right combination of players.  The fans can have their show at the tournament. Leading up to the tournament the prep is the focus

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2006, 08:12:30 AM »

hadda be more than 1...

No concacaf team will play us so look at south america. If you cant schedule any games there then get creative.

Creative options:
Exhibition Games against senior Pro league teams.  They shouldn't be able to win those but will gain valuable experience.

Closed door training games against the U 20s
Closed door training games against colleges all stars

When preparing for a tournament at youth level, your objective isn't necessary to win every game but to put the elements of your game plan in place along with finding the right combination of players.  The fans can have their show at the tournament. Leading up to the tournament the prep is the focus

We should be playing regularly against Venezuela. Dey rite next door and playing top class football now.

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2006, 08:26:56 AM »
If we are to show some improvement in our showing. I think Anton's suggestion of them being excused from the colleges league this year and being in full time training with the national setup ,with Wim and the other Dutch coach who is supposed to be a specialist with youth players involved, until november to be sensible.
These boys will still be attending their schools so their education would not negelected. And as someone before said I don't think that a US university would pass on a National player, this will only increase his profile because you can bet that there will be scouts at the tournament when it comes off.
As to the SSFL. The league season is basically 1 month long. You play on Tuesday , Thursday and Sat. Two rounds back to back. Then a week break before your intercol game. There is no  time for coaching and development in the league as it is now. Just play a game, rest and recover the next game then play a game the next day.
So when will they have time to train with the national squad? Do we want them to meet up just before the tournament in after playing something that rarely resembles what they will be doing with the national team.?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2006, 10:46:05 AM »
If we are to show some improvement in our showing. I think Anton's suggestion of them being excused from the colleges league this year and being in full time training with the national setup ,with Wim and the other Dutch coach who is supposed to be a specialist with youth players involved, until november to be sensible.
These boys will still be attending their schools so their education would not negelected. And as someone before said I don't think that a US university would pass on a National player, this will only increase his profile because you can bet that there will be scouts at the tournament when it comes off.
As to the SSFL. The league season is basically 1 month long. You play on Tuesday , Thursday and Sat. Two rounds back to back. Then a week break before your intercol game. There is no  time for coaching and development in the league as it is now. Just play a game, rest and recover the next game then play a game the next day.
So when will they have time to train with the national squad? Do we want them to meet up just before the tournament in after playing something that rarely resembles what they will be doing with the national team.?

tell them again nah, for those who did not understand the first time tell them again.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2006, 10:51:03 AM »
As to the SSFL. The league season is basically 1 month long. You play on Tuesday , Thursday and Sat. Two rounds back to back. Then a week break before your intercol game. There is no time for coaching and development in the league as it is now. Just play a game, rest and recover the next game then play a game the next day.

Well said.  :applause:

T&T is in desperate need of a academy
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2006, 12:54:54 PM »
I've been following the reports and views of some of our experts on Football on this forum and it amazes me how people think sometimes,is either we don't know or we does forget.

I can't believe i'm hearing the kind of things being said here about the colleges league,mind you i've never played in that league but had brothers that did and can tell you that league brings so much joy to people across the country,most of our players past or present weather we want to say the league produce them or not came from there,a lot of guys who did not do well academically and making their living through Football came from that league.

If we look at the history of our Footall this league has always been the nursery for Youth Football in the country,i can't agree with banning players from playing in the league,is only three months or so what effect will that have on what Anton wants to do,i remember it had a time the association had a bann on us playing Minor league Football,we still used to take the chance and play because that was what made us who we were,until they gave up.

It's an honour for players to represent their school why deprive them of that,we done have a Pro league that nobody watches now they want to stop the best players from playing in the Colleges league,i've always called for improving the quality of the Coaches in the league,Anton have to realize he alone can't do it,we always following somebody why can't we set our own standards,not because something work for Haiti it going to work for us,culturally we are different people,they have been doing their thing with these kids since they were 10 yrs.

I'm really tired of people putting down Football in T&T,it hurts especially when you know you were once a part of it,a sport we admired so much is struggleing today,is it because we are exposed to to foreign Football that we don't see ours as equivilant?it seems to like every other country supports their Football to the Max win/loose,when it's up or down,what's happening to us?our Football needs our support if it is to improve,everything is the Government,we went to the WC without them what's the problem?

Any how i going to stop here,but i'll still say stopping these guys from playing School Football will not make any difference.     

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2006, 01:42:28 PM »
HAAAA , well as of today school football in a mess , rel men RESULTS POOR , and talented players hav no where 2 play now , excpet super leaugue an Under-18 pro league etc. which d season done things hard yes

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2006, 02:28:46 PM »
TEll them COOPS and by the way- Tell me if you are playing for a team and all the pretty girls coming out to cheer and adore you as oppose to playing in an empty stadium. Which will you choose ?. we are forgetting we were once 16/ 18 years old. It is a whole lot more than being on the field. Ask Latapy/ Yorke and Stern.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2006, 02:47:59 PM »
I've been following the reports and views of some of our experts on Football on this forum and it amazes me how people think sometimes,is either we don't know or we does forget.

I can't believe i'm hearing the kind of things being said here about the colleges league,mind you i've never played in that league but had brothers that did and can tell you that league brings so much joy to people across the country,most of our players past or present weather we want to say the league produce them or not came from there,a lot of guys who did not do well academically and making their living through Football came from that league.

If we look at the history of our Footall this league has always been the nursery for Youth Football in the country,i can't agree with banning players from playing in the league,is only three months or so what effect will that have on what Anton wants to do,i remember it had a time the association had a bann on us playing Minor league Football,we still used to take the chance and play because that was what made us who we were,until they gave up.

It's an honour for players to represent their school why deprive them of that,we done have a Pro league that nobody watches now they want to stop the best players from playing in the Colleges league,i've always called for improving the quality of the Coaches in the league,Anton have to realize he alone can't do it,we always following somebody why can't we set our own standards,not because something work for Haiti it going to work for us,culturally we are different people,they have been doing their thing with these kids since they were 10 yrs.

I'm really tired of people putting down Football in T&T,it hurts especially when you know you were once a part of it,a sport we admired so much is struggleing today,is it because we are exposed to to foreign Football that we don't see ours as equivilant?it seems to like every other country supports their Football to the Max win/loose,when it's up or down,what's happening to us?our Football needs our support if it is to improve,everything is the Government,we went to the WC without them what's the problem?

Any how i going to stop here,but i'll still say stopping these guys from playing School Football will not make any difference.     

Nobody saying do away with Colleges League, just that the best youth ballers need to be working and training together as a squad, the league wont die if those select players doh sweat, and as other players shine in the league new players will be promoted into and demoted out of that select squad.
Ask Ato if he ever run Track for FATIMA back in the day, not when i was on the team.
Ask the Roberts Brothers (Shastri and Anil) if they used to swim and compete for FATIMA.
All them US youth ballers who does be up in Bredonton FL, yuh think them worrying bout sweating for their High Schools?
All them world class athletes, gymnists and tennis players etc, yuh think they coming out of High School programs?
There are very few high school programs that can be credited with producing world class athletes.

The flip side though, if these youths going to give up college ball, then Anton dam well better make sure, they are facing high level competition on a regular basis, and getting high level training, (books, nutrition, tactics, fitness, team work, mental prepardnes,etc...) on a regular basis

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2006, 02:53:32 PM »
It makes no sense to stop players from playing SSFL unless you have something in place to make up the difference.

yes you can say that we need to not play SSFL and do weight and endurance training but what do you mean "exactly"

What is the program?

What is most likely to happen is that they will not play SSFL and they will just train as a group and maybe join a gym or something.

People in TnT does talk big but things does never materialize.

If we talking about live in camps and consistient games against world class competition and  traveling and thing then fine

but some how I feel we go be struggling to find opposition and funding for all these preparations.

The SSFL is an important league in Trinidad.
In fact it is the biggest league in Trinidad

Yes we can say that the standard has droped and the players is real crap compared to in the past

but we can say that about everything.

Sport is a about competing in front of spectators

The only league in the country that has spectators is the SSFL

It is one thing to train hard and prepare
It is a whole other thing to have your friend and family and gul and parthner watching you play football and the Tv and papers present.

It provides a whole other level of pressure that cannot be simulated.

This is the Benefit of SSFL
It brings a level of competitiveness that is not present in any other part of trinidad and tobago football.

Yes the standard of olay is lower than national level, but national players have to know how to play at all levels.

They have to know when to step up and step down their game.
They have to know when to control a ball when you play against slow opposition and lay it off one time when they rush you hard.

They have to know how to be individualistic and when to get team mates involved to make them better.

If we have right coaching and the right program we will know what the players have to do.

back in 1992 For Secondary schools league a member in my team get Ban for a few games because he played for his club team in the TTFF U16 Finals.

Here we are in 2006 and there is talk about banning nationals from playing in the SSFL.

Corneal and them should spend some time developing a national program process because we are sending mixed messages to the young footballers in the country.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2006, 03:20:37 PM »
I don't know if removing the players from the SSFL is such a good idea.  Maybe a better idea would be to supplement their SSFL games with international friendlies and practice games against local pro teams.  Another suggestion would be to focus on improving the quality of the SSFL.  Remember how good SSFL was when teams like John D. and Sando Tech played in the league.   Its the same league that developed players like Latapy, Marvin Faustin, Kerry Jamerson, etc.  Why not include the technial  schools along with local universities in the league?  Just a suggestion that might benifit Trinidad and Tobago football in the long run.   Anyway, I really like Anton as a coach and a player, so Im sure he will prepare the team well.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2006, 03:34:45 PM »
I don't know if removing the players from the SSFL is such a good idea.  Maybe a better idea would be to supplement their SSFL games with international friendlies and practice games against local pro teams.  Another suggestion would be to focus on improving the quality of the SSFL.  Remember how good SSFL was when teams like John D. and Sando Tech played in the league.   Its the same league that developed players like Latapy, Marvin Faustin, Kerry Jamerson, etc.  Why not include the technial  schools along with local universities in the league?  Just a suggestion that might benifit Trinidad and Tobago football in the long run.   Anyway, I really like Anton as a coach and a player, so Im sure he will prepare the team well.

No disrespect to anybody....but SSFL (with the odd exception) IN GENERAL NEVER develop de players yuh call dey.  That is a myth.  Because dem players PLAY in de SSFL...doh translate into de SSFL DEVELOP dem players.

Dat come like sayin de Petit Valley League wit it's 5 a side no offisde football plus a goalie DEVELOP dem players too and dey play in dah league fuh more matches dan any SSFL season.  All a dem players did play dey.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 03:39:59 PM by palos »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2006, 03:35:29 PM »

doh bring that up A man hit meh ah talk long time  that John d and sando tech used to build bomb squads back in the day . They used to be like Mourinho at chelsea
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2006, 04:07:03 PM »
Life funny back in the 60’s and 70’s you couldn’t make the national if you didn’t in SSFL know they saying to hell with that league   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2006, 04:12:34 PM »
Life funny back in the 60’s and 70’s you couldn’t make the national if you didn’t in SSFL know they saying to hell with that league   

Times change

1]; } ?>