April 28, 2024, 06:05:04 PM

Author Topic: Unofficial thread for the CFU Youth Cup  (Read 83366 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial thread for the CFU Youth Cup
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2006, 07:09:54 PM »
Well ah don’t have anything good 2 really  say about the performance of the team 2day it was totally disjointed. The midfield was absent, the players showed little or no ball composure. The keeper was the only bright spot of the match even though he had 7 pass him. The left back  for the presidents xi team was on the national team last yr I must admit he was a total disappointment. The players of el Salvador understand their positions and represented themselves well. Their # 10 (Lopez) is one to watch he has some skills and was pulling the strings in the midfield. Sad to say however I don’t see them beating Canada but its football so anything can happen. Tomorrows game of Canada vs El salvador will definitely be the deciding match in this group.

Other players to watch for El salvador was is #9 (who scored a hattrick) and the # 8 who hit  a long range shot that lobbed  over the keeper I would say from about 26 yards out. Canada’s speed and skill up front is going to give the el Salvador defence a thorough examination

president's Xi coached by tony keith( TObagonian) and i am going to bias your opinions by saying that he coaches a 1st divison team in  tobago  that team has yet to earn a point and that league is in the 2nd round.

another thing you couldnt determine which team was the home team by looking at the crowd. there was scarely a a red in sight. ok yes its not the 1st choice national team but geez ah doh know what 2 say yes. i just hope the youths come away with more positives than negative from this experience
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 07:46:25 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2006, 07:12:33 PM »
For the local based they showing a delayed broadcast on NCC 4 of d T&T (A) game vs Grenada
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2006, 07:45:56 PM »
El salvador 7  vs Presidents XI  0
Ah sorry ah ask the score now

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2006, 07:52:27 PM »

president's Xi coached by tony keith( TObagonian) and i am going to bias your opinions by saying that he coaches a 1st divison team in  tobago  that team has yet to earn a point and that league is in the 2nd round.

another thing you couldnt determine which team was the home team by looking at the crowd. there was scarely a a red in sight. ok yes its not the 1st choice national team but geez ah doh know what 2 say yes. i just hope the youths come away with more positives than negative from this experience
The coach in familiar circumstance, he'll make it easy for the boys  :devil: So coaching may have something to do with that other team's results :-\
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 07:58:02 PM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »

But seriously, this team get thrown together last minute (or were they in training all along?). How much chemistry they had? Still, 7-0 is real massacre.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2006, 07:58:59 PM »
whats the score with trinidad a vs, grenada? ???

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2006, 08:01:16 PM »

T&T beat Grenada 5-0

TrinInfinite

« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2006, 08:02:42 PM »

T&T beat Grenada 5-0

how yuh know bredda?

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2006, 08:07:03 PM »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2006, 08:08:44 PM »

T&T beat Grenada 5-0

how yuh know bredda?

5-0 GOOD GAME KNOX SOUND LIKE HE VERY GOOD

whappen to de silva, he not playing for we team?

TrinInfinite

Whappen to De Silva and Husbands?
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2006, 08:15:37 PM »
I not seeing their names on the articles or match reports, are they even on the u16 team atall, ah mean they are two of our most talented youths right now, this knox youth looking like a boss also, but whappen to these two youths? ???

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Whappen to De Silva and Husbands?
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2006, 08:18:26 PM »
I not seeing their names on the articles or match reports, are they even on the u16 team atall, ah mean they are two of our most talented youths right now, this knox youth looking like a boss also, but whappen to these two youths? ???

franz husbands have an injury  so he out

and seany just getting bench after bench

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2006, 08:22:04 PM »
the resultsa are positive so their respective replacments holding they corner
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2006, 08:23:31 PM »

franz husbands have an injury  so he out

and seany just getting bench after bench

And they saying that Da silva  this youth so good?? well he willg et a run in the next game
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2006, 08:24:29 PM »

But seriously, this team get thrown together last minute (or were they in training all along?). How much chemistry they had? Still, 7-0 is real massacre.

Ok sombody help me out here.

At first there was supposed to be a Tobago team which was announced some time ago.

Did this plan get scrapped ??

All of a suden we hearing bout TnT President's XI

If it was a Tobago team
How come the team just thrown together at the last minute to replace another team that pull out as they were saying in the press
Did the team stop training then ?
And then how come it have Trinidad players on the team. Because ah hear bout right back from last year and another youth who sign up on the forum the other day that didn't make the cut on the first team saying that he playing for this team. Or is it that thay are from Tobago and just didn't make the team ?? Then come back into the Tobago team at the last minute.

If it is a President's XI
Was Tony Keith the best man for the job ??
Or did they send players that got cut from the first team to the Tobago team and instruct TK to play them thus destroying whatever chemistry they did have.

Anybody have answers please let me/us know, because I cannot accept that score line.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2006, 08:27:54 PM »
I just finished looking at the game. Though they scored fewer goals it was an improved performance from Monday's match.

Negatives

We looked a little frightened in the box. De frietas especially wants too many touches inside the box before a shot

The shooting from distance needs to be sharper - Make the keeper work more

We lost concentration after the subs for a while. During that time Grenada was able to get the ball and try to do something.

Too many little mistraps-we didn't pay for it because we were by far and away the better team.

Overlapping runs need to be sorted out. On few occasions the player in possession was caught waiting too long for the player to overlap leading to either a bad pass or an ineffective overlap.

Positives

Leston Paul did not dissappoint. I don't think its too early to say he is one to look at seriously. Plain and simple the best passer I've seen in tournament.

We possessed the ball much better this time and where equally adept at retreiving the ball when Grenada had it.

Again I cannot complain about the level of effort by the majority of the players (De Freitas needs to run more). The first half in particular was played at a high pace, a fact that is very encouraging in my view.

The decision making was good. However the excecution of those decisions need to improve. I saw a lot space created at the top of the box by nice interplay that resulted in a shot. Albeit a wasted shot. The fact that they know when to pass and when to shoot is good.

Some of the players who wanted to hold on to the ball in the first game seem to have corrected that. # 15 Sullivan in particular a sub in the last game is one to be lauded for his improvement.

Man of the Match

Although Paul had a decent game Knox showed that he has it. He doesn't stop running and coming for the ball. He's quick and sharp. I won't make any bold predictions about the lad but there's no doubt that he is striker and a natural one at that. He sees a chance and goes for it without hesitation. A hattrick including a bullet from about 25 yards out demonstrated his worth to the team today. Hats off to Knox the Jabloteh yute.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 08:40:20 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2006, 08:30:46 PM »
it looking like a kinnda latapy sitruation     i mean sean is rell short and not dat muscular  i wonder if anton not playing him due to size... i mean under ken eli he played every game  he even captained once

i find he shud play   leston paul doing rell gud so far  (by the way CIC player now) and Sean and him will form d bess cm partnership for tnt

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2006, 08:34:59 PM »
Sean came on the Grenada game today.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2006, 09:10:42 PM »
Apparently he and #6 Leston Paul plays the same position in the centre of midfield. So I guess its just a matter of who gets the coach's call right now Paul is favoured.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2006, 09:48:07 PM »
Much thanks for the insight Jah Gol.  Greatly appreciated!  Keep dem comin please!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

TrinInfinite

« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2006, 11:05:12 PM »
I just finished looking at the game. Though they scored fewer goals it was an improved performance from Monday's match.

Negatives

We looked a little frightened in the box. De frietas especially wants too many touches inside the box before a shot

The shooting from distance needs to be sharper - Make the keeper work more

We lost concentration after the subs for a while. During that time Grenada was able to get the ball and try to do something.

Too many little mistraps-we didn't pay for it because we were by far and away the better team.

Overlapping runs need to be sorted out. On few occasions the player in possession was caught waiting too long for the player to overlap leading to either a bad pass or an ineffective overlap.

Positives

Leston Paul did not dissappoint. I don't think its too early to say he is one to look at seriously. Plain and simple the best passer I've seen in tournament.

We possessed the ball much better this time and where equally adept at retreiving the ball when Grenada had it.

Again I cannot complain about the level of effort by the majority of the players (De Freitas needs to run more). The first half in particular was played at a high pace, a fact that is very encouraging in my view.

The decision making was good. However the excecution of those decisions need to improve. I saw a lot space created at the top of the box by nice interplay that resulted in a shot. Albeit a wasted shot. The fact that they know when to pass and when to shoot is good.

Some of the players who wanted to hold on to the ball in the first game seem to have corrected that. # 15 Sullivan in particular a sub in the last game is one to be lauded for his improvement.

Man of the Match

Although Paul had a decent game Knox showed that he has it. He doesn't stop running and coming for the ball. He's quick and sharp. I won't make any bold predictions about the lad but there's no doubt that he is striker and a natural one at that. He sees a chance and goes for it without hesitation. A hattrick including a bullet from about 25 yards out demonstrated his worth to the team today. Hats off to Knox the Jabloteh yute.

very good report, how did de silva look when he came on? ??? what striker do you compare with knox in intl football?

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2006, 01:09:36 AM »
it looking like a kinnda latapy sitruation     i mean sean is rell short and not dat muscular  i wonder if anton not playing him due to size... i mean under ken eli he played every game  he even captained once

i find he shud play   leston paul doing rell gud so far  (by the way CIC player now) and Sean and him will form d bess cm partnership for tnt

that has always been Sean's problem eh... thats why even wit his talent he couldnt hack it at intercol level... Sean needs to get in the gym and needs to start liftin some weight soon enough he will gain some more height.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2006, 03:01:28 AM »
Jah Gol, thanx again for your report, by chance what number Sean DeSilva was wearing. Also, from the info I garthered here, this is what I have.

T&T 5 (Knox 3, Leston Paul, ?) v Grenada 0

President 1X 0 v E Salvador 7

President 1X coach Tony Keith

I will try and get the squad for the President 1X.

Thanks again.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2006, 05:20:45 AM »
Sean wore number 8 and played fairly well. He wasn't afraid to shoot. He passed well and made 1 or 2 good attacking moves.
Flex the other scorer was Chad De Freitas-a good shot in the box that wasn't held by the Grenadian custodian.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 05:34:24 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2006, 05:52:57 AM »
THANX Jah Gol.

TRINIDAD and Tobago player Chad De Freitas eludes a tackle from Grenada's Liston McIntosh yesterday in the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Under-16 Championships at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella. (2006-08-17).. Author: DAVE PERSAD.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2006, 06:22:53 AM »
Is there an official site that posts scores ?

What was the score in the third match  ?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2006, 06:25:31 AM »
Is there an official site that posts scores ?

What was the score in the third match  ?

http://www.concacaf.com...but they're pretty slow...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2006, 07:15:04 AM »
Jah Gol, thanx again for your report, by chance what number Sean DeSilva was wearing. Also, from the info I garthered here, this is what I have.

T&T 5 (Knox 3, Leston Paul, ?) v Grenada 0

President 1X 0 v E Salvador 7

President 1X coach Tony Keith

I will try and get the squad for the President 1X.

Thanks again.

Flex two man play that bad that you ignoring them. ;D
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2006, 08:47:34 AM »

very good report, how did de silva look when he came on? ??? what striker do you compare with knox in intl football?

As I said I'm not going to make any bold predictions or try to overhype the lad. However what is evident to me is a natural eye for goal, pace, sharpness. Nothing too exuberant but he can operate in tight spaces and pass. Furthermore, his running off the ball is impressive  .A stlye similar to that of Munitis,  Nihat or Kalou. Please note I said style  I'm not comparing the players.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fuentes get $250,000 bonus & we cant even get a U-16 report.
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2006, 11:19:41 AM »
Fuentes get $250,000 tax payers bonus money & we cant even get a U-16 report, a line up from last night game, no report, players numbers, nothing, thanks to a few men on Flex site we still get a lil something.... We dont even know who on the B Team (President X1). Not even a photo or highlight. He writing false report about the build up saying Franz Hisbands scored 2 goals in the first game vs the US College team when Ethan Gordon scored one of those goals, we do not know who score in the 5-0 win over them in the second game also. Who coaching de B team...

We have nothing going on now except for de under 16 cup and nothing. No senior game, no training, no PFL reports, no SSFL reports, no women games, no FIFA convention, nothing going on that should take away your time from your job, then why not a nice report from de under 16 game.

Shaun, if this is not your job, please forgive me.... but wha going on.

You barely did 2 reports from the world cup, came back and got $250,000 tax payers bonus money and nothing on we other teams. Before de world cup you did so GOOD with them photos and so on !!! what happened...

So warhapen de man have money like Theobald, so he cah pull square wid 2 baddest and hold ah meditation.  ;D Eh but on ah serious note now, yuh have some real valid points dey, but like yuh said, is if he is responsible fuh dat. Leh we wait and see, somebody might respond and give we de truth.

men might want to take a little look at socawarriorstt.com before they start bumping they gum...

Midknight,seeing dat you is he lawyer and yuh want tuh bump your gum, yuh should give us some info tuh defend yuh client and den tell we yuh get it from socawarriostt.com. Yuh is ah bush lawyer ah wat? Steupsssssssssssss

nope. I was just saying that the very self same match report men was clamouring for was on that site. Men making all kinf of comment on the man private life and his professional capacity when all they had to do to find what they were looking for was go on the official site of the company that he working for...

Oh wait sorry. I forget talking sense does cramp alyuh style. My bad...

Meh boi, yuh Quote meh, so ah have tuh defend dat. After ah talk meh lil shit, ah had ah grin dey, so obviously ah joking, and what so special about he, man cah make ah joke. All yuh does get carried away wid people, because ah dey title ah war? I is ah man does respect everybody no matter yuh title. Men here does slam we national footballer (Stern), wid all kind ah personal comments, dat is cool, but it is not cool fuh Shaun.

If yuh really read my posts and dem, yuh would know I always try tuh avoid disrespecting anybody, unless somebody step out ah line. So relax yuh self eh Johnny Cockran.  8)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 11:25:28 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>