April 28, 2024, 04:09:20 PM

Author Topic: Unofficial thread for the CFU Youth Cup  (Read 83355 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Unofficial thread for the CFU Youth Cup
« Reply #630 on: August 29, 2006, 09:32:30 AM »
I hope all yuh men only catching kicks on them Jakans and not serious.

We should no longer be using them as any kinda measuring stick.
We came third in  CFU where a lot of the better Concacaf sides weren't present.
We not even the best in the Caribbean. Haiti now looms on our radar.

Iz just kix bredda. We're laughing at their (JA) sour grapes and hypocrisy. The fact is we beat them and they wouldn't even express sincere congratulations. Trini doh like nothing better than the piccong and its just a healthy dose yuh seeing now.

I saw everyone of the young Soca Warriors games and to be honest with you I am not satisfied. I see potential but it needs to be groomed. Physically we are in a class below Mexico, Haiti and Jamaica. Those fellas ought to be placed in a live in camp with physios, nutritionists and gym facilities to help their physical development. We don't have the talent of a Mexico or a Haiti right now but if we can match them physically we will be able to compete. I am very happy with the defence but like with anything else there is still room for improvement. We commit too many technical errors and I would like to see a more agressive approach to the play. Another screening phase would also be useful to stimulate competition. After faltering against Barbados the boys recovered well enough. Even though we lost to Haiti I am pleased with recovery.

But I do agree with you there is still much work to do.

The 2 Main things that ought to be implemented are :

1) Live- in camp with physical training facilities (the Centre already has that)

2) Bolster the side with new talent.

Agaian, Christmas came early for you guys this year. Christa,s comes but once a year!  ;D

Have you seen any of the games played ?

Did the T&T media houses make the games avialable outside of T&T? Unless I am in T&T, how do you expect me to see these games?
I am asking that question in utter amazement at your ability to judge any one of the teams in this tournament without watching the games. To imply, without a modicum of proof that T&T won by luck or you gave us the game, demonstrates either a lack of grace in sport on your part, or that you are an obeah man.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial thread for the CFU Youth Cup
« Reply #631 on: August 29, 2006, 09:47:55 AM »
RF yuh cyar done eh fell good about yuh victory ova canada why becuase they brough 11 new player and i have a feeling they would be in the same group with you all

What you call 11 "new players" We talking about youth football here...not the senior team. how many players on Jamaica side played last year?  They get their ass waxed 3-0 by the better side. And guess what, if the young boyz were motivated to play T&T, you would have gotten your asses waxed too  ;D

No no RF the Canadian under 17 has played in tournaments in Europe etc this year . So for this tournament SH brough 11 new player instead of the regulars to give them experience
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 10:35:48 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>