April 27, 2024, 07:00:23 PM

Author Topic: Unofficial thread for the CFU Youth Cup  (Read 83292 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Unofficial thread for the CFU Youth Cup
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2006, 11:54:35 AM »
Jah Gol, thanx again for your report, by chance what number Sean DeSilva was wearing. Also, from the info I garthered here, this is what I have.

T&T 5 (Knox 3, Leston Paul, ?) v Grenada 0

President 1X 0 v E Salvador 7

President 1X coach Tony Keith

I will try and get the squad for the President 1X.

Thanks again.

For some reason the concacaf site http://www.concacaf.com/viewCompetition.asp?id=196 is showing 4-0 vs Grenada. Is that just an error?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2006, 12:20:42 PM »
yes it is. Chad De Freitas scored the 5th goal in second half injury time.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2006, 01:37:35 PM »

very good report, how did de silva look when he came on? ??? what striker do you compare with knox in intl football?

As I said I'm not going to make any bold predictions or try to overhype the lad. However what is evident to me is a natural eye for goal, pace, sharpness. Nothing too exuberant but he can operate in tight spaces and pass. Furthermore, his running off the ball is impressive .A stlye similar to that of Munitis, Nihat or Kalou. Please note I said style I'm not comparing the players.

very interesting boss, thanx for the comparison, now his speed, and dribbling would bess be compared to who boss?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Fuentes get $250,000 bonus & we cant even get a U-16 report.
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2006, 03:43:22 PM »
Fuentes get $250,000 tax payers bonus money & we cant even get a U-16 report, a line up from last night game, no report, players numbers, nothing, thanks to a few men on Flex site we still get a lil something.... We dont even know who on the B Team (President X1). Not even a photo or highlight. He writing false report about the build up saying Franz Hisbands scored 2 goals in the first game vs the US College team when Ethan Gordon scored one of those goals, we do not know who score in the 5-0 win over them in the second game also. Who coaching de B team...

We have nothing going on now except for de under 16 cup and nothing. No senior game, no training, no PFL reports, no SSFL reports, no women games, no FIFA convention, nothing going on that should take away your time from your job, then why not a nice report from de under 16 game.

Shaun, if this is not your job, please forgive me.... but wha going on.

You barely did 2 reports from the world cup, came back and got $250,000 tax payers bonus money and nothing on we other teams. Before de world cup you did so GOOD with them photos and so on !!! what happened...

So warhapen de man have money like Theobald, so he cah pull square wid 2 baddest and hold ah meditation.  ;D Eh but on ah serious note now, yuh have some real valid points dey, but like yuh said, is if he is responsible fuh dat. Leh we wait and see, somebody might respond and give we de truth.

men might want to take a little look at socawarriorstt.com before they start bumping they gum...

Midknight,seeing dat you is he lawyer and yuh want tuh bump your gum, yuh should give us some info tuh defend yuh client and den tell we yuh get it from socawarriostt.com. Yuh is ah bush lawyer ah wat? Steupsssssssssssss

nope. I was just saying that the very self same match report men was clamouring for was on that site. Men making all kinf of comment on the man private life and his professional capacity when all they had to do to find what they were looking for was go on the official site of the company that he working for...

Oh wait sorry. I forget talking sense does cramp alyuh style. My bad...

Meh boi, yuh Quote meh, so ah have tuh defend dat. After ah talk meh lil shit, ah had ah grin dey, so obviously ah joking, and what so special about he, man cah make ah joke. All yuh does get carried away wid people, because ah dey title ah war? I is ah man does respect everybody no matter yuh title. Men here does slam we national footballer (Stern), wid all kind ah personal comments, dat is cool, but it is not cool fuh Shaun.

If yuh really read my posts and dem, yuh would know I always try tuh avoid disrespecting anybody, unless somebody step out ah line. So relax yuh self eh Johnny Cockran.  8)

To be quite honest I wasn't particularly referring to you. yours just happened to be the last post that made a reference to it. That said, I didn't see the smiley face - sorry dere

FYI, men slamming Stern (or any other NT player for that matter) has never been cool with me. Check mih past posts in the matter...

Peace out
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2006, 04:09:14 PM »
Jamaica 6 - Bahamas 2

Bahamas took a 2 goal lead after 22 minutes. The 2 goals came from freekicks into the box that were well headed into the goal. Those goals woke Jamaica up who went on to put 4 past the Bahamian goalkeeper in the 1st Half. It should be noted that no less than 3 of those goals were due to Goal keeping mistakes. One player named Dolylie scored a shot from 30 yards out. The Jamaicans went on the put 2 more in the Bahamas net in the second half. One of due to a defensive error and the  other was a spectacular scissor kick from a cross on the left side.

Comments

The Jamaicans are physically stong and fast (surprise , surprise!) Most of them can shoot at a decent level. 1 or 2 of them appear to have good technical skills. I heard Collin Murray and Ruskin Mark comment that Jamaica has so much talent in every position. Once again I disagree with what sports commentators in the country say. The game was played at a decidedly slow pace. The Jamaicans were in fact playing down to the opposition. The did not play very well in the second half and allowed Bahamas to come back into the game. Bahamas lacked the quality to really hurt them though. One player called Bethel displayed good skill but never had the support to do anything meaningful.

Their ball control was not impressive and neither was their passing. Only 2-3 times  in the second half did they effectively move the ball around the field and make Bahamas chase it. The ball continually switched sides. It should said however that even in that stage of the game Jamaica was superior When they attempted to regain total control of the match it was down to individual speed and strength rather than a team effort. Objectively speaking it was more like a collection of semi skilled yutes than a good team playing. I was disappointed with their performance in general.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2006, 04:45:42 PM »
Jamaica 6 - Bahamas 2

Bahamas took a 2 goal lead after 22 minutes. The 2 goals came from freekicks into the box that were well headed into the goal. Those goals woke Jamaica up who went on to put 4 past the Bahamian goalkeeper in the 1st Half. It should be noted that no less than 3 of those goals were due to Goal keeping mistakes. One player named Dolylie scored a shot from 30 yards out. The Jamaicans went on the put 2 more in the Bahamas net in the second half. One of due to a defensive error and the  other was a spectacular scissor kick from a cross on the left side.

Comments

The Jamaicans are physically stong and fast (surprise , surprise!) Most of them can shoot at a decent level. 1 or 2 of them appear to have good technical skills. I heard Collin Murray and Ruskin Mark comment that Jamaica has so much talent in every position. Once again I disagree with what sports commentators in the country say. The game was played at a decidedly slow pace. The Jamaicans were in fact playing down to the opposition. The did not play very well in the second half and allowed Bahamas to come back into the game. Bahamas lacked the quality to really hurt them though. One player called Bethel displayed good skill but never had the support to do anything meaningful.

Their ball control was not impressive and neither was their passing. Only 2-3 times  in the second half did they effectively move the ball around the field and make Bahamas chase it. The ball continually switched sides. It should said however that even in that stage of the game Jamaica was superior When they attempted to regain total control of the match it was down to individual speed and strength rather than a team effort. Objectively speaking it was more like a collection of semi skilled yutes than a good team playing. I was disappointed with their performance in general.

Thanks again fuh de reports breds.  Yuh cookin wit gas and pitchoil.  Keep dem comin sah!  :salute:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fuentes get $250,000 bonus & we cant even get a U-16 report.
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2006, 04:49:14 PM »
Fuentes get $250,000 tax payers bonus money & we cant even get a U-16 report, a line up from last night game, no report, players numbers, nothing, thanks to a few men on Flex site we still get a lil something.... We dont even know who on the B Team (President X1). Not even a photo or highlight. He writing false report about the build up saying Franz Hisbands scored 2 goals in the first game vs the US College team when Ethan Gordon scored one of those goals, we do not know who score in the 5-0 win over them in the second game also. Who coaching de B team...

We have nothing going on now except for de under 16 cup and nothing. No senior game, no training, no PFL reports, no SSFL reports, no women games, no FIFA convention, nothing going on that should take away your time from your job, then why not a nice report from de under 16 game.

Shaun, if this is not your job, please forgive me.... but wha going on.

You barely did 2 reports from the world cup, came back and got $250,000 tax payers bonus money and nothing on we other teams. Before de world cup you did so GOOD with them photos and so on !!! what happened...

So warhapen de man have money like Theobald, so he cah pull square wid 2 baddest and hold ah meditation.  ;D Eh but on ah serious note now, yuh have some real valid points dey, but like yuh said, is if he is responsible fuh dat. Leh we wait and see, somebody might respond and give we de truth.

men might want to take a little look at socawarriorstt.com before they start bumping they gum...

Midknight,seeing dat you is he lawyer and yuh want tuh bump your gum, yuh should give us some info tuh defend yuh client and den tell we yuh get it from socawarriostt.com. Yuh is ah bush lawyer ah wat? Steupsssssssssssss

nope. I was just saying that the very self same match report men was clamouring for was on that site. Men making all kinf of comment on the man private life and his professional capacity when all they had to do to find what they were looking for was go on the official site of the company that he working for...

Oh wait sorry. I forget talking sense does cramp alyuh style. My bad...

Meh boi, yuh Quote meh, so ah have tuh defend dat. After ah talk meh lil shit, ah had ah grin dey, so obviously ah joking, and what so special about he, man cah make ah joke. All yuh does get carried away wid people, because ah dey title ah war? I is ah man does respect everybody no matter yuh title. Men here does slam we national footballer (Stern), wid all kind ah personal comments, dat is cool, but it is not cool fuh Shaun.

If yuh really read my posts and dem, yuh would know I always try tuh avoid disrespecting anybody, unless somebody step out ah line. So relax yuh self eh Johnny Cockran.  8)

To be quite honest I wasn't particularly referring to you. yours just happened to be the last post that made a reference to it. That said, I didn't see the smiley face - sorry dere

FYI, men slamming Stern (or any other NT player for that matter) has never been cool with me. Check mih past posts in the matter...

Peace out

Ah respect yuh fuh dat, yuh admit yuh made ah mistake.  :beermug:
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2006, 07:29:47 PM »
 :o what i witnessed 2nite  makes me smile on the future of concacaf. :) :). El salvador lost 2-1 to Canada but let me tell u that was  a game that had everything. individual skill, dribbling, passing ,control let me say it again control, vision technical sense and awareness of the game and what is required that is far greater than their age. both sides showed all these qualities that i mentioned. the goalkeepers were excellent especially CAnada's goalie. the #10 of both sides lived up to the stereotype that #10 are skillful to the bone. again i say wow.

of course some human errors here and there but both teams understood their system wholistically AND THEIR ROLES AS INDIVIDUALS.

Canada plays a 4-5-1 formation with their #10 playing a withdrawn striker role. their right midfielder # 9  i swear can clock  sub 11 in a 100m  geez that boy quick. each player is competent and composed on the ball. Canada'a left side seem to be their weak spot however . they show patience passing the ball out of defence most times instead of clearing it out. their defenders can be a bit shaky at times but then the keeper clleans up the mess.

Elsalvador plays 4-4-2  with their #10 calling the shots in the middle along with a small but stocky #8 who has a very powerful right foot. their #5 keeps the defensive midfeild in shape.

all  3 goals scored 2nite were as a result of set plays. CAnada are very strong in that area (that usually indicates a well drilled and coached unit) CAnada played for approximately 25mins  with 10 min . it wasnt a nasty game but a lot of cards were shown . players gave committed fouls to stop imminent danger and some challengers were a bit 2 eager.
all   in all a great game.no offense to any other teams but i think i saw the final already. looking at the make up of the groups el salvador may just qualify as best 2nd place finshers
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2006, 08:04:34 PM »
How did Canada play in comparison to our boys.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2006, 07:36:23 AM »
The man say he see the final already.  I think that means that it is his opinion that they performed better than our boys.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2006, 09:42:15 AM »
I saw a score Bermuda won 1-0. Can't remember where though.
Live large and prosper!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2006, 11:54:26 AM »

That's what's posted at concacaf. Some real blowouts going on yesterday:

Panama - Anguila 12:0
Cuba - Dominica 10:0
Mexico - USVI 13:0
Haiti - St. Martin 10:0
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 11:56:48 AM by e-man »

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2006, 11:57:22 AM »

at first glance i thought dat was de time de games played until i read de post

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2006, 12:16:12 PM »

at first glance i thought dat was de time de games played until i read de post

:rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2006, 12:23:05 PM »
That presidents eleven is da shit and i aint using no slangs eh, they real shi**y.

Offline doublesandsolo

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
TT U-16 vs Guyana U-16
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2006, 01:40:52 PM »
PLease post scores, updates, photos, in fact any info wil be appreciated

Thanks
From all the foreign crew
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 03:14:27 PM by Tallman »

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TT VS Guyana CFU Under 16 Game
« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2006, 03:12:56 PM »
90min

3-0 goals by stephen knox in de 10min and daniel cyrus in de 51st and o'neil
in de 88th
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 04:56:48 PM by Patterson »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2006, 03:16:26 PM »
T&T 1 - Guyana 0, 10th min. (Knox)
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: TT U-16 vs Guyana U-16
« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2006, 03:54:52 PM »
Same score at de half

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2006, 04:13:52 PM »
goalll

2-0 T&T......Cyrus the scorer.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 04:15:05 PM by palos »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2006, 04:24:48 PM »
Trinidad play some good ball knocking it around controlling the mid field   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2006, 04:29:31 PM »
Trinidad play some good ball knocking it around controlling the mid field   

Well that is expected we are playing guyana
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2006, 04:32:50 PM »
so wait nah, we playing better with each match and scoring less every time? Wha is that one  ;D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2006, 04:52:54 PM »
3-0 90th minute.  Defender Ryan O'Neill (O'Neal??)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2006, 04:56:09 PM »
so wait nah, we playing better with each match and scoring less every time? Wha is that one  ;D

Well look at de opposition and figure it out nah..

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2006, 05:15:06 PM »

Well look at de opposition and figure it out nah..

VB

look at d smiley face and figure it out nah...

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2006, 05:27:57 PM »
close battle for best 2nd place finisher. if everything goes to form  cuba and el salvador will both finish on 6 pts as they are both expected  to win their final games tomorrow. question is by how many goals. cuba currently has a goal difference of + 9 while el salavador has a +6 difference. either way its going to be a challlenging game for the young soca warriors as they will play the best 2nd place finisher
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2006, 05:45:14 PM »
close battle for best 2nd place finisher. if everything goes to form  cuba and el salvador will both finish on 6 pts as they are both expected  to win their final games tomorrow. question is by how many goals. cuba currently has a goal difference of + 9 while el salavador has a +6 difference. either way its going to be a challlenging game for the young soca warriors as they will play the best 2nd place finisher

yuh never know, surinam and barbados might draw  ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 18, 2006, 05:51:06 PM »
sounds to me like we played too many weak teams. I haven't seen any of the games, but it pays to have at least one very strong opponent in the group stage...even if it means finishing 2nd in the group, because you don't want to go into the knockout rounds without ever stepping it up a gear, or experiencing some hardship and testing your mettle. At the same time, I am glad to see we comprehensively beating the teams we supposed to beat. you cannot ask for too much more.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #179 on: August 18, 2006, 06:03:04 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago 3 - Guyana 0
Goals by : Knox, Cyrus and O'neil

By far and away our toughest match yet. The physical prowess that we were able to exert against the likes of Aruba and Grenada was non existent today. The Guyanese were just as big and just as strong as us. The team from South America, now coached by Trinidadian tactician Jamal Shabazz, was well prepared. They played 1 foward and packed 5 men in the midfield and for long periods played 10 men behind the ball. 2 of our goals were well executed strikes after good moves the other benefited from a deflection. They force the young Warriors to work hard to score. We scored after a little pressure from Guyana in the 10th minute-  good run and shot by Knox (I tell you, look out for this yute.) We created a few opportunities but didn't capitalise. Paul was forced wide on numerous occasions and wasn't the poisonous player we saw earlier.  The tempo slowed visibly in the first half. The second half was a bit faster but the possession was not as impressive. This may have been because of the use of the long ball but sharpness may have had a role to play as well.

Negatives
The free flowing game we played against Grenada could not be executed today.Due largely to the adjustement to the quicker pace of the Guyanese. There were endless hospital passes that against Aruba and Grenada would have been ours without question

The central midfielders were rendered ineffective due to the Guyanese packing of the midfield. They had obviously done their homework. Leston Paul was hardly given space at all.

The passes in the final third of the field were largely unsuccessful. A disappointing change from the 2 previous games.

Questions regarding fitness of some players in the quicker game.

There was too much time spent on the ball.

Positives

The tactical adjustment to counter the Guyanese defensive stance was impressive. I usually don't favour the long ball but it was neccessary today and when you have player like Knox and Daniel Joseph on the field it always helps.

The defense was again well organised and committed few mistakes

they seem to have sort out some of the problems overlapping. Its not perfect but it was used better today

The quality of the first 2 goals. Its a pitty I can't write video. ! Precision strikes from Knox and Cyrus (who some claimed is a shithound)

We never played down to them and continued to launch attacks.

Dem men upfront never stop running particularly # 11 Joseph

Difficult to say Who's man of the match but I'll give it to Cyrus
A much improved performance from Monday. He was running and played both Right mid and Right back after the substitution of Bateau. He scored a good goal and his general play was executed with very few mistakes.

All in all it was a satisfactory performance. It was good that the boys got a tougher game now so they would know what to expect on the final to the final.

Starting XI

22. Glenroy Samuel
4 Sean Bateau
3 Ryan O'neil
12 Robert Primus
7 Brenton Balbosa
20 Daniel Cyrus
6 Leston Paul
15 Chike Sullivan
5 Adams
10 Knox
11 Daniel Joseph