June 08, 2024, 05:37:32 AM

Author Topic: Unofficial thread for the CFU Youth Cup  (Read 85576 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Unofficial thread for the CFU Youth Cup
« Reply #570 on: August 27, 2006, 05:15:57 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 27, 2006, 05:16:08 PM »
Did jamiaca get they arse cut ....GOOD  :rotfl: am glad cause these guys ja-making -me crazy, we whip out they backside like we is they  daddy  ;D
Compared to the 3-0 we gave you last year to the 2-0 you gave us this year. I would say we are still on top with the +1 scoreline.

Corncom1...I swear....it seems for many Jamaicans, you included, football begins only when your team wins. It's not no new century. It's just business as usual for us. More licks coming up fuh allyuh. Take it it stride bredren, its just the natural order of things.  ;)
If that's what it takes:   

corncom1
New Warrior

Re: T&T vs Jamaica in August.
« Reply #87 on: Today at 01:57:20 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i will refute the fact that Trinidad is better than Jamaica.
On head to head this is what the stats. are for Jamaica vs Trinidad from 1935-2006:
JAMAICA                                                          TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
P     W    D   L   GF   GA  Success                        P   W   D   L   GF   GA   Success
57   24    8   25  68   75  49.12%                       57  25  8   24  75  68     50.88%
Now Trinis might give themselves the edge considering the slight percentage rate, but keep this in mind: Trinidad has never beaten Jamaica in World Cup qualifiers which I point out since Jamaica withdrew from the 1974 qualifers after 8 of our players were suspended and also Jamaica did not compete in the 1982 qualifiers.
The question is where do we start fresh to see who is the better team?

Report to moderator    208.138.21.106 

Now we are even until the next time.

That's great logic, especially since its always good to compare 2 teams based only on a head to head record.
Explain to me what else is there given all the stats.
In the last 3 years Barcelona has not beaten Atletico Madrid. During that same period Barca won the league twice and the Champions league. Similar to T&T we have won more Caribbean Championships and finished higher in the Goal Cup than JA for years. Another good example is Brazil has never beaten Norway. Using your logic Norway is than Brazil.
Then going by that logic. Trinidad has never beaten Jamaica in World Cup qualifiers at home nor abroad.
This is my last post for now. Until then, keep posting. :) :) 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 05:24:50 PM by corncom1 »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #572 on: August 27, 2006, 05:24:11 PM »
Steups

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 27, 2006, 05:25:37 PM »
See above.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 27, 2006, 05:37:06 PM »
Did jamiaca get they arse cut ....GOOD  :rotfl: am glad cause these guys ja-making -me crazy, we whip out they backside like we is they  daddy  ;D
Compared to the 3-0 we gave you last year to the 2-0 you gave us this year. I would say we are still on top with the +1 scoreline.

Corncom1...I swear....it seems for many Jamaicans, you included, football begins only when your team wins. It's not no new century. It's just business as usual for us. More licks coming up fuh allyuh. Take it it stride bredren, its just the natural order of things.  ;)
If that's what it takes:   

corncom1
New Warrior

Re: T&T vs Jamaica in August.
« Reply #87 on: Today at 01:57:20 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i will refute the fact that Trinidad is better than Jamaica.
On head to head this is what the stats. are for Jamaica vs Trinidad from 1935-2006:
JAMAICA                                                          TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
P     W    D   L   GF   GA  Success                        P   W   D   L   GF   GA   Success
57   24    8   25  68   75  49.12%                       57  25  8   24  75  68     50.88%
Now Trinis might give themselves the edge considering the slight percentage rate, but keep this in mind: Trinidad has never beaten Jamaica in World Cup qualifiers which I point out since Jamaica withdrew from the 1974 qualifers after 8 of our players were suspended and also Jamaica did not compete in the 1982 qualifiers.
The question is where do we start fresh to see who is the better team?

Report to moderator    208.138.21.106 

Now we are even until the next time.

That's great logic, especially since its always good to compare 2 teams based only on a head to head record.
Explain to me what else is there given all the stats.
In the last 3 years Barcelona has not beaten Atletico Madrid. During that same period Barca won the league twice and the Champions league. Similar to T&T we have won more Caribbean Championships and finished higher in the Goal Cup than JA for years. Another good example is Brazil has never beaten Norway. Using your logic Norway is than Brazil.
Then going by that logic. Trinidad has never beaten Jamaica in World Cup qualifiers at home nor abroad.
This is my last post for now. Until then, keep posting. :) :) 
It better be your last poist cause trnin been beating jamrock up and down the caribbean for the last 50 years .Go tell your big brothers RF and lionfoot  to come feel our wrath yah  little pushole :rotfl:

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 27, 2006, 05:39:51 PM »
If I may engage all of you for a moment (after all  my intent is not to disrupt all this intelligent talk or to extend  praises to JA and TnT as we all are at this juncture in the postings).  

Going of on a tangent for a bit:

2-thoughts I wanted to share:

- I think TnT was better prepared for JA after they played Haiti. Haiti helped them raise the level of their game

- We should not take too much solice in 1-win against JA. That attitude does not help you progress...if anything it take u back a couple steps.

(Just as I bypassed a couple posters  since it was a waste of my time, you can do so with mine also...no offense taken)
Carry on with the banter !!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 27, 2006, 05:57:07 PM »
Trinbago i always like you but ever since you learn to use the BOld text its annoying ,so beating ja takes us back 2 steps .And if we had lose you would want ah academy steupppsss .Don"t you how to revel in a  victory . ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 05:59:55 PM by Compre Version 2:0 »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 27, 2006, 06:05:32 PM »
3-0 final
Weird....I wonder if we would have given Mexico a better run for their money?

As I type this I have visions of Clint Marcelle running past the 2 left backs that Mexico was using to try to contain him in the Hasley way back in that U16 tournamentback in the '80's. And Big Afro Latapy just controlling and distributing those astonishing passes that would make him Latapy. Ahhhh boy....bring back the old time days.
[/b]

Oh gawsh, man!! yuh had to bring dat up and rub it een so?!?!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 27, 2006, 06:14:15 PM »
Trinbago i always like you but ever since you learn to use the BOld text its annoying ,so beating ja takes us back 2 steps .And if we had lose you would want ah academy steupppsss .Don"t you how to revel in a  victory . ;D

I hear yuh....Sorry bout the bold....but its a little frustrating when I have to browse (not read) through 4-pages of posting (not 4-posts) to NOT find anything that gets back to 'real' talk......don't get me wrong  I like shit talk too....but it can get detracting...
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 27, 2006, 06:34:23 PM »
So what is the real talk ,we win RF and Lion foot bust out ,jah gol , give he post up ...we win ...its all good .

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 27, 2006, 07:44:10 PM »
So what is the real talk ,we win RF and Lion foot bust out ,jah gol , give he post up ...we win ...its all good .

Bredda we dont kill up ourself to win 3rd place. Wait till next year when the stakes high u talk. Look how well we play gainst Canada, Mex and Panama. We didnt play like that against u cuz we had nuttin to lose or gain so control ur hormones plz. We realize 3rd place is like a championship victory to u but we nah dead ova 3rd place.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 27, 2006, 07:53:33 PM »

Bredda we dont kill up ourself to win 3rd place. Wait till next year when the stakes high u talk. Look how well we play gainst Canada, Mex and Panama. We didnt play like that against u cuz we had nuttin to lose or gain so control ur hormones plz. We realize 3rd place is like a championship victory to u but we nah dead ova 3rd place.

dat fecal matter must be real clogging up your mouth man...try using a plunger....

we gone from 3-0 to we doh care about 3rd place  ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 27, 2006, 07:57:49 PM »

dat fecal matter must be real clogging up your mouth man...try using a plunger....

Don, us beating u 3-0 was no big deal. Every1 expected dat so i'm not excited over dat. I mean, its Trinidad. Now us beating Canada is a big deal seeing how good they are in youth football.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 27, 2006, 08:24:55 PM »

Don, us beating u 3-0 was no big deal. Every1 expected dat so i'm not excited over dat. I mean, its Trinidad. Now us beating Canada is a big deal seeing how good they are in youth football.

sorry dont let that canada victory go to yah head that team has 11 new players
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 27, 2006, 08:32:22 PM »
i know this is a bit off topic but our President'sXI didnt do too well & no one seem concernded about it

Group/Grupo A GP/PJ W/G L/D T/E +/- PTS
Canada 3 3 0 0 19:1 9
El Salvador 3 2 1 0 19:3 6
Bermuda 3 1 2 0 2:21 3
CFU President's XI 3 0 3 0 0:15 0

no goals for 15 agisnt.. :-\

http://www.concacaf.com/viewCompetition.asp?id=196

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: August 27, 2006, 08:42:20 PM »
i know this is a bit off topic but our President'sXI didnt do too well & no one seem concernded about it

Nah man...people cyar take dat side seriously. Afterall, is a setta man from off de street, or equivalent, who never even play together before that was playing.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 27, 2006, 08:44:50 PM »
I live for these moments sometimes, to read some of RF's responses.

Poor fella, it must be hurting him so much.

RF - WHen last u had something to celebrate in terms of TT vs Ja?

Seems quite a while ago huh.

TT compete with a team that maul Ja 6-0....

TT complete a WC with a commendable display.

Now TT beat the Ja yutes.

Hmmmm.

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out which team currently has the momentum and bragging rights huh.

I cant wait till we beat uno again next year in Ja...

Congrats T&T!

Job well done, although I woulda prefer we compete with haiti better, but onto next year.

Time we start owning these jamaicans on the football field like how it used to be in the past and how it suppose to be.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 27, 2006, 08:52:46 PM »

Nah man...people cyar take dat side seriously. Afterall, is a setta man from off de street, or equivalent, who never even play together before that was playing.

i find dey shoulda giv Wim dat team to work wit ;D plus they should of been taken seriously if dey wasnt

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 27, 2006, 11:42:12 PM »
BEST FOR LAST: T&T take 3rd place, Mexicans new Youth Cup champs
By Kern De Freitas

Trinidad and Tobago's Under-16 footballers have been struggling for rhythm for most of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Youth Cup tournament. But in yesterday's third place playoff against Jamaica, they found it.

The national youth team ended the tournament on a winning note against the Jamaicans, prevailing 2-0 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday to avenge a 3-0 loss to their Caribbean arch-rivals a year earlier.

Mexico were crowned CFU champs in the latter match of the doubleheader, as they finished the only unbeaten team in the tournament, defeating Haiti 3-0 in an ill-tempered affair that had promised for 70 minutes to be a classic final.

After a battling first half in which Haiti threatened to upset the CONCACAF giants, the match looked destined for extra time. Both goalkeepers were called on to make valiant saves that kept the score 0-0 at halftime. St Victor Ulterguens rocked the Mexico crossbar with a powerful shot in the 27th minute, while Edgar Pacheco had Haitian custodian Dorhans Shelson diving at full stretch to pluck the ball from danger 10 minutes later.

The steady Mexicans took the lead in the 71st minute against the run of play, when Carlos Pena knocked home from close range after a defensive mix-up in the 18-metre box.

Haiti would have felt themselves unfortunate to be behind, after Ulterguens' effort had cannoned off the crossbar, onto the goal-line, and back into the arms of Mexican 'keeper Alejandro Dautt five minutes before.

However, the match deteriorated in the 78th minute, when Haitian skipper Joseph Peterson, adjudged the tournament's best player and his teammate Saint Cyr Widner were sent off after they erupted in violent protest against local referee Richard Piper after he issued a booking and awarded a free-kick against them at the edge of the penalty area.

Saul Sandoval planted the resulting free-kick beneath Shelson's crossbar to put the match beyond Haiti, before late substitute Raul Nava added insult to injury with a 90th minute item. But the sending-off incident brought a sour end to an entertaining tournament.

In the first match, T&T's most prolific striker Stephen Knox, and defender, Man-of-the-Match Ryan O'Neil found the net in either half to give the home team a much needed boost after a heart-breaking 1-0 semi-final loss to the Haitians two days before.

The Jamaicans played second fiddle to the home team for most of the first half, and seemed to have been surviving up to halftime without conceding, when T&T were awarded a penalty in the 44th minute for handball. Knox stepped up and calmly slotted low to Jamaican goalie O'Neil Wilson's left to give T&T a 1-0 advantage.

The play of the "Young Soca Warriors" was of the same calibre in the second period. The midfield was more dominant than in their earlier encounters, and the defence had a strong presence and shut down the Jamaican attack.

O'Neil doubled T&T's advantage in the 53rd, as Sheldon Bateau supplied a pinpoint cross, which his fellow defender leapt to meet, placing from distance over Wilson, who was off his line, and into the goal.

Striker Daniel Joseph was one of the main thorns in Jamaica's side, with some deft footwork, and and quick movements. But his finishing touch once again let him down.

In the end, it hardly mattered as T&T completed a satisfactory win to the delight of a small crowd at the Stadium, a small consolation for missing out on the final the second year running.

T&T and Haiti also featured at the awards ceremony that followed yesterday's final.

T&T were awarded the fairplay accolade, while Knox was the top striker of the tournament. Haiti's Dorhans Shelson was voted best goalkeeper, while influential midfielder Joseph Peterson was the Most Valuable Player.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 27, 2006, 11:53:02 PM »

History repeating itself.
 Win most goals by an individual , win fairlpay come 3rd.

F**k most goals, F**k fairplay.

Win the damn ting.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 28, 2006, 08:30:12 AM »
I hope all yuh men only catching kicks on them Jakans and not serious.

We should no longer be using them as any kinda measuring stick.
We came third in  CFU where a lot of the better Concacaf sides weren't present.
We not even the best in the Caribbean. Haiti now looms on our radar.

Do you all know what is the difference between the President's XI and other previous youth teams in the past?
NOTHING.

This side that came third woulda get the same level cut arse if it wasn't for the preparation that was put in place.
Men fighting down the presidnet's elevn. Trinidad does not have this set a  greater talent that men fooling they self into believing and even if we do all I have to say is Hardest and Dwarika.

I waiting on a plan from the TTFF and they staff cause right now all I hearing bout is short term stuff and waiting for the foreign based to be free.

Everybody seem to think that qualification in 2010 going and be easy. Dare I say that if we squander these 3 odd years, or is it 2, we will be watching some one else in South Africa. Right now I not hearing bout any standouts who commanding the pitch. I can't say much about the U-16's cause I not home.

Who are these players that are going to take us to 2010 and what are they waiting on to let their presence be felt?

I would like to congratulate the U-16's for their third place finsih and I acknowldege that they were barely beaten out by Haiti. I hope they take their succeses and defeats from this tournament and build on it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 08:33:21 AM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 28, 2006, 09:37:33 AM »

Lionpaw, remind them of exactly that. The ultimate prize will be a spot at the U-17 World Cup next year. Unfortunately Trinidad won't be in the same group as Jamaica. :( :(  

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 28, 2006, 10:50:47 AM »
The ultimate prize will be a spot at the U-17 World Cup next year. Unfortunately Trinidad won't be in the same group as Jamaica. :( :(  

Allyuh is masochist or wha?  Is licks allyuh like licks so?  Say thanks to Uncle Jack dat he eh give T&T de easy passage by placin dem in allyuh group nah.  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 28, 2006, 11:03:19 AM »
The ultimate prize will be a spot at the U-17 World Cup next year. Unfortunately Trinidad won't be in the same group as Jamaica. :( :(  

Allyuh is masochist or wha?  Is licks allyuh like licks so?  Say thanks to Uncle Jack dat he eh give T&T de easy passage by placin dem in allyuh group nah.  8)
According to the geograhy setup. The only way we meet is if you finish third in your group, which as I see it you will have Panama as host along with Mexico and probably Costa Rica/Haiti. While Jamaica will probably host USA, Canada and/or Costa Rica/Haiti.
Let's see what Jack does for you again. After all, you also got the Fair Play award ::) ::)   

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 28, 2006, 11:09:36 AM »

According to the geograhy setup. The only way we meet is if you finish third in your group, which as I see it you will have Panama as host along with Mexico and probably Costa Rica/Haiti. While Jamaica will probably host USA, Canada and/or Costa Rica/Haiti.
Let's see what Jack does for you again. After all, you also got the Fair Play award ::) ::)   

Well....seein dat allyuh go finish LAST in allyuh group....we eh go have to study meetin Jamaica.  Too bad as it would have been a nex cutass fuh allyuh....but at this level....we have nothing to gain by playing soft teams. 

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 28, 2006, 11:25:45 AM »
I live for these moments sometimes, to read some of RF's responses.

Poor fella, it must be hurting him so much.

RF - WHen last u had something to celebrate in terms of TT vs Ja?

Seems quite a while ago huh.

TT compete with a team that maul Ja 6-0....

TT complete a WC with a commendable display.

Now TT beat the Ja yutes.

Hmmmm.

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out which team currently has the momentum and bragging rights huh.

I cant wait till we beat uno again next year in Ja...

Congrats T&T!

Job well done, although I woulda prefer we compete with haiti better, but onto next year.

Time we start owning these jamaicans on the football field like how it used to be in the past and how it suppose to be.

Wait, did Christmas com eearly in T&T this year? Reading the message board, the last time I saw so many enthusisatic posters around here was when Dennis Lawrence scored to Put T&T in the world cup last year !  ;D

Trini, if Last year's results were to go by, I expected our young boyz once again to clobber Trinidad...in teir own back yard. It never happened, but believe me, the young Reggae Kids will get a proper scolding for not putting out 100% yesterday.  ;D ;D

I gues the biyz didnt come to play yesterday...and I see Mexico (who barely beat Jamaica), had a field day with Haiti....who was all over you.

bragging rights to you Trini!

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 28, 2006, 11:28:19 AM »

Well....seein dat allyuh go finish LAST in allyuh group....we eh go have to study meetin Jamaica.  Too bad as it would have been a nex cutass fuh allyuh....but at this level....we have nothing to gain by playing soft teams. 
You are probably right since Jamaica gave you the win. From what I saw Trinidad had soft teams to play at the begging of the tournament then suddenly in the knockout round Jack change the format so you would not get knocked out :challenge: :challenge: by Canada.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 28, 2006, 11:47:42 AM »
You are probably right since Jamaica gave you the win. From what I saw Trinidad had soft teams to play at the begging of the tournament then suddenly in the knockout round Jack change the format so you would not get knocked out :challenge: :challenge: by Canada.

Well.....we got knocked out by Haiiti...a strong team.  Canada didn't bring their top side to this tournament.  Matter of fact....the coach said he was bringing other players so that they could get some exposure at this level.  We played Jamaica.....a soft side and buss dey ass.  That really does us no good.  Beating Jamaica for T&T is like sayin rain wet.  Sun hot.  You know.....obvious ting.

For us to continue to improve and compete well at the international level...we have to stop playing lollipop sides like Jamaica and play the likes of Haiti, Mexico, and a full strength Canadian team more often. 

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #598 on: August 28, 2006, 12:20:33 PM »
I hope all yuh men only catching kicks on them Jakans and not serious.

We should no longer be using them as any kinda measuring stick.
We came third in  CFU where a lot of the better Concacaf sides weren't present.
We not even the best in the Caribbean. Haiti now looms on our radar.

Iz just kix bredda. We're laughing at their (JA) sour grapes and hypocrisy. The fact is we beat them and they wouldn't even express sincere congratulations. Trini doh like nothing better than the piccong and its just a healthy dose yuh seeing now.

I saw everyone of the young Soca Warriors games and to be honest with you I am not satisfied. I see potential but it needs to be groomed. Physically we are in a class below Mexico, Haiti and Jamaica. Those fellas ought to be placed in a live in camp with physios, nutritionists and gym facilities to help their physical development. We don't have the talent of a Mexico or a Haiti right now but if we can match them physically we will be able to compete. I am very happy with the defence but like with anything else there is still room for improvement. We commit too many technical errors and I would like to see a more agressive approach to the play. Another screening phase would also be useful to stimulate competition. After faltering against Barbados the boys recovered well enough. Even though we lost to Haiti I am pleased with recovery.

But I do agree with you there is still much work to do.

The 2 Main things that ought to be implemented are :

1) Live- in camp with physical training facilities (the Centre already has that)

2) Bolster the side with new talent.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 28, 2006, 12:22:57 PM »

Under the old format, we had Surinam (that we beat 4-0) in the QF. We would not have met Canada before the final
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>