April 29, 2024, 04:15:04 AM

Poll

Who is the better side currently.

Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors
Jamaica's Reggae Boyz

Author Topic: T&T vs Jamaica in August.  (Read 18294 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
T&T vs Jamaica in August.
« on: July 08, 2006, 11:09:40 AM »
I hear the Soca Warriors will be in Toronto for an invitation match against the Reggae Boyz on August 27th ?

Can anyone confirm this or will T&T stay home and celebrate Independence ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Jamaica in August.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 11:11:43 AM »
serious lol

why toronto.... i wanna see games man!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 11:24:18 AM »
No it is  not the national  teams just a throw together community game
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 11:27:56 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 11:29:07 AM »
No it is  not the national  teams just a throw together community game

Hey Triniman  u know about this? give we some info

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »
I hear the Soca Warriors will be in Toronto for an invitation match against the Reggae Boyz on August 27th ?

The game is advertised for Lamport Stadium in Toronto

Source: Torontolime.com

Sunday August 27th, 2006
Tux Ent presents...
"Clash of the Caribbean" - Soccer Salute 2006
Trinidad Soca Warriors vs Jamaica Reggae Boyz
At: Lamport Stadium - King & Dufferin (downtown Toronto)
Featuring: Live Soca Performances & Live Reggae performances
Music by: Killawatts sound crew & many more Top DJ's from all over
Adm: Limited Early bird tickets $30
Info: 647.237.1889
Tickets go on sale June 27 @ www.ticketmaster.ca or call 416 870-8000
V.I.P tickets for the venue and one of the after Party venue go on Sales July 2006
After Party info coming soon

Now....WHO go be on either team is the question.  I'm not convinced this is an "official event" and seeing that the EPL starts on August 19 and the League Championship & SPL start earlier than that...I cyah see the clubs releasing our players for a fete match in Toronto.

It might be a total local squad or even some past players like Faustin etc thrown in the mix but I doubt many of the CURRENT Soca Warriors will be involved.  More likely a promoter's hype to get people to come out and nex ting yuh know is man who livin in Toronto and does take a sweat showin up fuh de game and people askin....which one is Stern John?

You never know tho.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 11:33:59 AM »

Sunday August 27th, 2006
Tux Ent presents...
V.I.P tickets for the venue and one of the after Party venue go on Sales July 2006

Now....WHO go be on either team is the question.  I'm not convinced this is an "official event" and seeing that the EPL starts on August 19 and the League Championship & SPL start earlier than that...I cyah see the clubs releasing our players for a fete match in Toronto.

It might be a total local squad or even some past players like Faustin etc thrown in the mix but I doubt many of the CURRENT Soca Warriors will be involved.  More likely a promoter's hype to get people to come out and nex ting yuh know is man who livin in Toronto and does take a sweat showin up fuh de game and people askin....which one is Stern John?

You never know tho.

Steupsss I hope it aint no put together foolishness..maybe I should take a sweat!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 03:36:50 PM »
who knows who will be on the team

i will still go anyway oui

check meh for the match report  ;)

T&T welcomes back...the King

TrinInfinite

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 04:40:34 PM »
meh padnah puttin dis 2gether, de line-ups 2 b announced soon, will keep everyone updated ;D

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 04:48:56 PM »
what a pack of shit....i just come back from sweating hockey in lamport stadium....that stadium is utter shit....i doh understand why they would have professionals play on astro turf

anyways i go be dere  ;D

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 07:39:02 PM »

Sunday August 27th, 2006
Tux Ent presents...

Now....WHO go be on either team is the question.  I'm not convinced this is an "official event" and seeing that the EPL starts on August 19 and the League Championship & SPL start earlier than that...I cyah see the clubs releasing our players for a fete match in Toronto.

It might be a total local squad or even some past players like Faustin etc thrown in the mix but I doubt many of the CURRENT Soca Warriors will be involved.  More likely a promoter's hype to get people to come out and nex ting yuh know is man who livin in Toronto and does take a sweat showin up fuh de game and people askin....which one is Stern John?

You never know tho.

Steupsss I hope it aint no put together foolishness..maybe I should take a sweat!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Atiba Charles and Anthony Wolfe already confirmed to play on de 27th for de Warriors(select team)...It's a Unite De Nations theme match...NOTHING TOO dramatic ;D

#8..President Of De Glen For Goals Committee   

Offline SHOCKER

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
FRIENDLY GAMES ??
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 05:07:18 AM »
CAN ANYONE CONFIRM IF WE HAVE ANY FRIENDLY GAMES SCHEDULED THIS MONTH OR NEXT MONTH AND IF SO WHO AGAINST , THANKS

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Soca Warriors vs Reggae Boyz
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 04:44:51 PM »
Well... The until the Digicel Cup comes up we will have to sit here and wonder which side is better. Obviously this being  www.socawarriors.net... we are obviously going to be bias...

But try your best to lay down your points on which team is better at this point and why.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Soca Warriors vs Reggae Boyz
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 05:02:49 PM »

Steupse.

Why we even talking about them...they doing anything to get back in the limelight and we obliging   ???

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 05:07:22 PM »

Steupse.

Why we even talking about them...they doing anything to get back in the limelight and we obliging   ???

I would simply like to hear what people think... i dont care about the limelight... it eh no world popularity contest... (which we are by the way winning)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 05:11:53 PM »
Where is Jamaica?
Dais my answer   ;D

Nah serious...I was surprised nobody bring up anything about Jamaica when talking about the Soca Warriors with people on the outside.

Right now our side is better...use the England games as a benchmark...they were taken apart quite easily.

They also at a rebuilding stage.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2006, 05:13:14 PM »
Where is Jamaica?
Dais my answer   ;D

Nah serious...I was surprised nobody bring up anything about Jamaica when talking about the Soca Warriors with people on the outside.

Right now our side is better...use the England games as a benchmark...they were taken apart quite easily.

They also at a rebuilding stage.

precisely what i plan on doing.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2006, 05:16:28 PM »

Really and truly COSTA RICA is the team we should be focusing on.

Dem is trouble and if we making a push for automatic qualification is dem we have to get past.

JA on the same level as Honduras, Guatemala...beatable if we get our house in order.

Costa Rica lil more difficult and in WC qualifying they have gotten a lot of points off of us.

Offline PortValeChris

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2006, 05:18:11 PM »
I'm english so not biased.  I voted for the Soca Warriors (or if you are an ignorant english TV presenter or journalist- Soccer Warriors)  But as I've spent so long on this site it's almost my second home I think I'm getting a little biased.  We've even had the warmest summer for a long time.
PortValeChris  AKA The Former TVV from onevalefan. 

Port Vale  We want ah goal!!

To market, to market, with my uncle Jim
Somebody threw a tomato at him
Now, Tomatoes don't hurt with their soft juicy skin
But this one it knackered, 'cause it come in a tin

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 05:23:39 PM »

Really and truly COSTA RICA is the team we should be focusing on.

Dem is trouble and if we making a push for automatic qualification is dem we have to get past.

JA on the same level as Honduras, Guatemala...beatable if we get our house in order.

Costa Rica lil more difficult and in WC qualifying they have gotten a lot of points off of us.

well said... thats what i would really like... see us consistently beating them... giving them trouble in their own backyards... draws and wins... and really to see us consistently contesting the US and Mexico for the top group spot is what i think we all want.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 05:25:40 PM »
I'm english so not biased.  I voted for the Soca Warriors (or if you are an ignorant english TV presenter or journalist- Soccer Warriors)  But as I've spent so long on this site it's almost my second home I think I'm getting a little biased.  We've even had the warmest summer for a long time.

the journey now start PVChris

stay on board  :beermug:

Jefferz to answer your question we are without a doubt the better team at the moment, realistically speaking  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 05:27:37 PM »

the journey now start PVChris

stay on board  :beermug:

yea man... thanks FOR the "Warm" support... all the Vale fans have been great... Even if Chris was to further his career with a bigger club we will never forget you guys... you are his flesh and blood.  :beermug:

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2006, 05:50:17 PM »
people talk about jamaica "own us" for the past decade.. and Jamaica went to WC before us..

and now as we went to Germany it ehh no secret that the Yardies now gunning for us.. all this Caribbbean Unity ...out the door...this is not Cricket..

The question is.. What has Jamaica done in the recent memory.. they bombed out of the prelim in quailfiing and the lucky they didnt get 10 from England just the other day..

We are all Trinis on this site (well most of us are) and we will obiousily pick the warrriors. but put all b.s aside..pound 4 pound we are the better team TODAY.. its up to us to keep it that way...let dem yardies talk and hire big time coach

and as dcs say.. we should be studying about Costa Rica.. since it seems that the USA and Mexico are regulars (despite their perfromance in Germany)

Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2006, 07:17:47 PM »
people talk about jamaica "own us" for the past decade.. and Jamaica went to WC before us..

and now as we went to Germany it ehh no secret that the Yardies now gunning for us.. all this Caribbbean Unity ...out the door...this is not Cricket..

The question is.. What has Jamaica done in the recent memory.. they bombed out of the prelim in quailfiing and the lucky they didnt get 10 from England just the other day..

We are all Trinis on this site (well most of us are) and we will obiousily pick the warrriors. but put all b.s aside..pound 4 pound we are the better team TODAY.. its up to us to keep it that way...let dem yardies talk and hire big time coach

and as dcs say.. we should be studying about Costa Rica.. since it seems that the USA and Mexico are regulars (despite their perfromance in Germany)

I am pro Caribbean unity but when it comes to football I would feel insulted if Jamaica eva better Trinidad again. We need to groom our players understand the importance of that rivalry like the Barca - Real derby. We must make it a priority to beat them at all levels consistently. I ent have a problem with Jamaica, I won't cuss nobody country but anything like that. But I want the see the day we make them into whipping boys.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2006, 08:00:31 PM »

I m surprised that so many posters here reading so much into the recent results vs England and Australia. Fact is Jamaica never really had proper preperation for those games, last time Jamaica had any sort of half decent preperation for a game/tournament was the gold cup, where they got to the quarter finals.

Jamaica not making it to the Hex is just a matter of bad luck....imagine a situation where you went unbeaten on the road, but yet only able to muster up one point at home, where traditionally you have had your better results.

Trinidad was struggling to beat St. Kitts at one point, until teh master coach took over control. the rest is history.

I personally believe that Jamaica and T&T playing a friendly game any time soon would see victory for Reggae Boyz. There is something about playing T&T that make a Jamaica team go out and get the result.

I predict Jamaica, Mexico and the USA will qualify automtaically for Africa 2010. Costa Rica, T&T and Honduras will batlle it out for the other half spot (if it still remains after).

My opinion.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2006, 08:07:27 PM »
We eh care bout de past.  What have you done lately reggae fart?

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 08:10:14 PM »

I m surprised that so many posters here reading so much into the recent results vs England and Australia. Fact is Jamaica never really had proper preperation for those games, last time Jamaica had any sort of half decent preperation for a game/tournament was the gold cup, where they got to the quarter finals.

Jamaica not making it to the Hex is just a matter of bad luck....imagine a situation where you went unbeaten on the road, but yet only able to muster up one point at home, where traditionally you have had your better results.

Trinidad was struggling to beat St. Kitts at one point, until teh master coach took over control. the rest is history.

I personally believe that Jamaica and T&T playing a friendly game any time soon would see victory for Reggae Boyz. There is something about playing T&T that make a Jamaica team go out and get the result.

I predict Jamaica, Mexico and the USA will qualify automtaically for Africa 2010. Costa Rica, T&T and Honduras will batlle it out for the other half spot (if it still remains after).

My opinion.

Wake Up Reggae Fan.....Your dreaming  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I guess being Jamaican you have no choice, but to say what ur saying...so ah won't go to hard and u...But Seriously dude...WAKE UP!!!!
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 08:25:07 PM »
all this ole talk about who is better is shit. the question is, can we beat them. the only thing that matters is head to head. in football, results against a 3rd party means absolutely nothing. England may beat JA 6-0 and beat us 2-0 and it does not guarantee a damn thing or even mean that we are better. and when heated rivals meet..form means nothing. Barcelona could be bottom of the table and R Madrid could be top...when the superclassico reach, all bets are off. it is the same for JA and T&T. JA always does better against the US than we do...because they know how to match up against the US style of play better than us..but when they meet us..that doh men crap.

Right now..we theroretically should beat JA. BUT WE HAVE NO BRAGGING RIGHTS...last head to head..they cut our arse. In fact, the beating us like is a joke in recent years..at all levels. So cool all this shit bout we make WC and we eh get pile up by England. T&T has done nothing to prove they can beat Jamaica. Anything else is empty braying to make ourselves feel better. Until we actually go out and beat Jamaica, they better than us. All who vex with that..too bad. Cuz if we had the record over JA that they have over us..we would be laughing at any attempt to analyze on paper why they were better than us. Sure we better on paper..but football is played on a field. It real simple...whoever win the next match is the better side..and will remain so until the next match..everything else is ole talk

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 08:33:49 PM »
I am pro Caribbean unity but when it comes to football I would feel insulted if Jamaica eva better Trinidad again. We need to groom our players understand the importance of that rivalry like the Barca - Real derby. We must make it a priority to beat them at all levels consistently. I ent have a problem with Jamaica, I won't cuss nobody country but anything like that. But I want the see the day we make them into whipping boys.

Ah respeck yuh opinion but dat "Caribbean Unity" thing is a myth.  De biggest challenge "Caribbean Unity" faces is Caribbean People.  In all honesty, "Caribbean Unity" is an even bigger oxymoron than "Military Intelligence"  As the purest example of that, I give you...."The West Indies cricket team".

Now don't get me wrong.  It make plenty sense IN THEORY, but the sooner people realize and accept that this "concept" will never work...politically, socially, economically...the better off ALL the people of the Caribbean will be. 

Jes my opinion.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 08:36:25 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2006, 08:43:40 PM »
Reggaefan yuh mudda woke yuh up everyday by slappin yuh in de face wit ah cookin pan awa?

how yuh so incredibly dottish... everything is an excuse... your opinion is about as steady as Courtney Love in a crack house.

You need to wake up and realize that all the indisiplin on the JA team is finally coming back to counter the team's talent... T&T at this time are way ahead of them... they need to get their shit together if they want to be able to even contest us in the future.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 08:56:53 PM by Jefferz »

Offline Tillamawnin

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2006, 08:49:42 PM »
all this ole talk about who is better is shit. the question is, can we beat them. the only thing that matters is head to head. in football, results against a 3rd party means absolutely nothing. England may beat JA 6-0 and beat us 2-0 and it does not guarantee a damn thing or even mean that we are better. and when heated rivals meet..form means nothing. Barcelona could be bottom of the table and R Madrid could be top...when the superclassico reach, all bets are off. it is the same for JA and T&T. JA always does better against the US than we do...because they know how to match up against the US style of play better than us..but when they meet us..that doh men crap.

Right now..we theroretically should beat JA. BUT WE HAVE NO BRAGGING RIGHTS...last head to head..they cut our arse. In fact, the beating us like is a joke in recent years..at all levels. So cool all this shit bout we make WC and we eh get pile up by England. T&T has done nothing to prove they can beat Jamaica. Anything else is empty braying to make ourselves feel better. Until we actually go out and beat Jamaica, they better than us. All who vex with that..too bad. Cuz if we had the record over JA that they have over us..we would be laughing at any attempt to analyze on paper why they were better than us. Sure we better on paper..but football is played on a field. It real simple...whoever win the next match is the better side..and will remain so until the next match..everything else is ole talk
Can I get an Amen!! It is good to see someone on here talk sense when it comes to the two teams.  It is also surprising that so much weight can be put on a meaningless friendly, where we took three days to bring our team together and prepare for that match against England who was like T&T finetuning for the World Cup. I am sure that under similar circumstances as us, T&T would not have faired better. You cannot read anything into the England/Jamaica match, as you will certainly be misled. As the good man Filho said, wait until we meet on the field of play. Over the past decade Jamaica has beaten T&T more than T&T has beaten Jamaica.  Apart from the just concluded WC, Jamaica has consistently out performed T&T in every aspect of the game, both at the junior and senior levels. We have been ranked above T&T more times than T&T ranked above us by FIFA in the past ten years. I also think that you would have a slight edge if we were to meet now, only because of the long preparation you have had and under the guidance of a quality coach.  Dwight York's leadership and experience in the World Cup also helped a lot to stabilize the team and give it some direction. How much longer will York be around to play that role? It will be interesting to see when we have to meet again. . .

There is nothing better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.

Malcolm X

1]; } ?>