April 29, 2024, 07:43:29 AM

Poll

Who is the better side currently.

Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors
Jamaica's Reggae Boyz

Author Topic: T&T vs Jamaica in August.  (Read 18303 times)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors vs Reggae Boyz
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2006, 12:40:48 AM »
T&T should study Costa Rica and let Jamaica study Panama.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2006, 05:11:36 AM »
people talk about jamaica "own us" for the past decade.. and Jamaica went to WC before us..

and now as we went to Germany it ehh no secret that the Yardies now gunning for us.. all this Caribbbean Unity ...out the door...this is not Cricket..

The question is.. What has Jamaica done in the recent memory.. they bombed out of the prelim in quailfiing and the lucky they didnt get 10 from England just the other day..

We are all Trinis on this site (well most of us are) and we will obiousily pick the warrriors. but put all b.s aside..pound 4 pound we are the better team TODAY.. its up to us to keep it that way...let dem yardies talk and hire big time coach

and as dcs say.. we should be studying about Costa Rica.. since it seems that the USA and Mexico are regulars (despite their perfromance in Germany)

I m surprised that so many posters here reading so much into the recent results vs England and Australia. Fact is Jamaica never really had proper preperation for those games, last time Jamaica had any sort of half decent preperation for a game/tournament was the gold cup, where they got to the quarter finals.

Jamaica not making it to the Hex is just a matter of bad luck....imagine a situation where you went unbeaten on the road, but yet only able to muster up one point at home, where traditionally you have had your better results.

Trinidad was struggling to beat St. Kitts at one point, until teh master coach took over control. the rest is history.

I personally believe that Jamaica and T&T playing a friendly game any time soon would see victory for Reggae Boyz. There is something about playing T&T that make a Jamaica team go out and get the result.

I predict Jamaica, Mexico and the USA will qualify automtaically for Africa 2010. Costa Rica, T&T and Honduras will batlle it out for the other half spot (if it still remains after).

My opinion.

RF tekah  :applause: As ah matter ah fack.......tek :applause: :applause: :applause:

True colours. Doh hide dem .

Bring it out an lets see dem.. Ice gold , black and green.

But we go tek Red, White and black.

Hold it dong !
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2006, 05:59:05 AM »
If TT have to play Jamaica in one months time I believe TT will rest it on Jamaica, but Jamaica football in disarray , they doh even really have a coach an nuff men retire recently.
As Jefferz say , the real measure will be the nex Gold Cup (an ah willing to bet money our football will be in disarray for similar reasons by then)
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2006, 07:40:40 AM »
Reggaefan yuh mudda woke yuh up everyday by slappin yuh in de face wit ah cookin pan awa?

how yuh so incredibly dottish... everything is an excuse... your opinion is about as steady as Courtney Love in a crack house.

You need to wake up and realize that all the indisiplin on the JA team is finally coming back to counter the team's talent... T&T at this time are way ahead of them... they need to get their shit together if they want to be able to even contest us in the future.

Jamaica will beat T&T, no matter who is playing the better ball. For that matter, Jamaica will beat any caribbean team that steps on the field.

Dont forget that St Kitts, St. Vincent, Cuba etc were scaring the crap out of your team 15 months ago. Yeah, you improved for the world cup.....
but on the same field with Jamaica...its only one team winning the game.

I'll go off the result of the last game between the two countries. Guess who won?

truetrini

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2006, 07:47:05 AM »
Reggaefan yuh mudda woke yuh up everyday by slappin yuh in de face wit ah cookin pan awa?

how yuh so incredibly dottish... everything is an excuse... your opinion is about as steady as Courtney Love in a crack house.

You need to wake up and realize that all the indisiplin on the JA team is finally coming back to counter the team's talent... T&T at this time are way ahead of them... they need to get their shit together if they want to be able to even contest us in the future.

Jamaica will beat T&T, no matter who is playing the better ball. For that matter, Jamaica will beat any caribbean team that steps on the field.

Dont forget that St Kitts, St. Vincent, Cuba etc were scaring the crap out of your team 15 months ago. Yeah, you improved for the world cup.....

I'll go off the result of the last game between the two countries. Guess who won?

yuh too confident of de past!

Dat is what happened tuh T&T football, de admin and de fans lived in de pst and let de football development slide....what happened was dat we lose we upper hand.

Jamaica will have a hard time beating T&T breds.

They always do...even when dey do win it is no walk in the park!

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Jamaica in August.
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2006, 08:02:25 AM »
I don't think we should waste time asking which team is better. Of course, T&T is the better team right now. However, JA continues to have a richer and wider talent pool.

This is something that we will have to work on if we are to continue to remain competitive in the long run. We need to explore the talent available in an untapped 43 percent of our populations. If we can get more Indo-Trinbagonians involved, we could increase our talent base. Jamaica can call on large pool of local and foreign-based talent for a given game. Their resources in this area are larger than ours. This is not just because they have more than twice our population. It's also because their population is more homogenous. The overall cultural interests of their youth would lean more consistently in the same direction. This is not a flaw of T&T, but it underscores the need to involve the Indo-T&T youth if we are to be successful.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2006, 08:14:58 AM »
I'm english so not biased.  I voted for the Soca Warriors (or if you are an ignorant english TV presenter or journalist- Soccer Warriors)  But as I've spent so long on this site it's almost my second home I think I'm getting a little biased.  We've even had the warmest summer for a long time.

the journey now start PVChris

stay on board  :beermug:

Jefferz to answer your question we are without a doubt the better team at the moment, realistically speaking  :beermug:

The ice needs to be broken with a good ass wopping to JA! Then we shall move forward... because they're like a torn in our side! Even though we made it to the world cup we must face them head on and battle to show them who's boss now.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2006, 11:03:10 AM »

Dat is what happened tuh T&T football, de admin and de fans lived in de pst and let de football development slide....what happened was dat we lose we upper hand.

Listen man, T&T have improved...but I maintain that my team, the ReggaeBoyz, are still a steap ahead of the Warriors. Agaian, if you use the England vs Jamaica game as a benchmark, you do so at your own peril. Jamaica vs T&T and Jamaica vs England are two different scenarios.
Bring in a decent coach into Jamaica nd let him work with our team for about 3 months....that all we need right now...and we could use a pretty much local based 11 to run over your world cup team.

With the talent pool Jamaica has right now, as long as a good coach comes in place...an automatic qualification for the next world cup looks good in my books.  Money is about to be spent on the programme, big things in the works.

Can T&T accompany Jamaica to the next world cup?? I hope so, but alot of that depends on wether or not Jack well and deal to hang on t o0the half spot...that way you could play off with Bahrain again.  ;D

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2006, 11:05:59 AM »

that 6-1 thumping in Jamaica some year ago seemed like a pretty easy walk in the park from where I was sitting in the stadium...
I admit it will be harder to do now.... ;)

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2006, 11:21:53 AM »

RF ah see yuh talkin bout preparation and who win de last time....remember we loss to the northerners wit ah developmental side in decaribbean cup. it wasn't any full strength team we play wit

that 6-1 thumping in Jamaica some year ago seemed like a pretty easy walk in the park from where I was sitting in the stadium...

RF ah see you talkin bout prep.. and who win las time....remember we loss to the northerners wit a close 2-1 game and wit an experimental side in de caribbean cup. It wasn't no easy game so 'ride out' wit yuh talk.

Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2006, 12:56:34 PM »

RF ah see yuh talkin bout preparation and who win de last time....remember we loss to the northerners wit ah developmental side in decaribbean cup. it wasn't any full strength team we play wit

RF ah see you talkin bout prep.. and who win las time....remember we loss to the northerners wit a close 2-1 game and wit an experimental side in de caribbean cup. It wasn't no easy game so 'ride out' wit yuh talk.

yeah, your team was experimenting....
so was our team.

no hard feelings man...its just that I have gotten so used to Jamaica beating you over the years at all levels, that its sorta hard for me to see a RBZ team losing to your side.

MickeyRat

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2006, 01:29:40 PM »
I say we even now.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 04:55:46 PM by De Rat »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2006, 01:47:36 PM »
I saw we even now.

With kinda rat$hit yuh talking dey breds?!  ;)

Ghana give them 4 -0 and right now I think T&T and Ghana on a completely different level to JA, we should be looking for a friendly against Ghana not an unfriendly & wasted exercise against JA as this point!

Right now T&T vs JA is a no contest! T&T 4 - 1 JA and JA only getting a goal due to one of our defenders possibly feeling sorry for them in injury time & heading the ball into our own goal so that the Ja government doh loss complete faith with their rebuilding programme for 2010!

I praying that they can afford and get Erickson as they new head coach whether part-time or full time as it will mean we will have one less team to worry about during the 2010 qualification series!   ;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 01:50:32 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

MickeyRat

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »
I saw we even now.

With kinda rats$hit yuh talking dey breds?!

Ghana give them 4 -0 and right now I think T&T and Ghana on a completely different level to JA, we shopuld be looking for a friendlu against Ghana not an unfriendly wasted exercise against JA as this point!

Right now T&T vs JA is a no contest! T&T 4 - 1 JA due to one of our defenders possibly feeling sorry for JA in injury time & heading the ball in our own goal so that the Ja government doh loss complete hope with their rebuilding programme for 2010!

I praying that they can afford and get Erickson as they new head coach whether part-time or full time as it will mean we will have one less team to worry about during the 2010 qualification series! ;D

Just so! 

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2006, 01:50:46 PM »
allyuh is still take on dis JA yardie bitch..... just ignore him and his jelous ways towards TnT

he will come with dis "meh yute y u hate JA so much shit" and let the "caribbean unify" and ghow he is half trini

f**k off..see u in 2008 to knock yuh ass out in d last 4 

MickeyRat

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2006, 05:03:46 PM »
Check http://www.socawarriorssc.com/socawarriors/scripts/match_listing.php?ml=1 for d full match listing. "Page designed and maintained by Tallman"    :beermug:

And check our record against Jamaica.....25W, 24L.....that sounds pretty even to me.

Thanks for that piece of information.  It so even it eh funny.  Socapro, take ah quick read before yuh run off yuh cat. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 05:06:32 PM by De Rat »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2006, 05:43:26 PM »

aright thanks for confirming what i said in my earlier post.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2006, 06:41:32 PM »
When you think about it, I don't think this is a game but more so a clash of various artist from both countries.

Why would  two Caribbean powerhouses select to play a friendly in Canada? and why in August? most of the palyers do have club commitments at this time?

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Canada Takes On Jamaica This Labour Day in Montreal...
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2006, 07:31:40 PM »
I was a bit more enthused about this match when Canada had a coach.  If we don't have our knew coach in place shortly, these games will mean little:

Canada Takes On Jamaica This Labour Day in Montreal

Ottawa, Ontario – The Canadian Soccer Association is pleased to announce that the Men's National Team will play a home and away series of international friendlies against Jamaica this fall.
The first match between the two nations is scheduled for Monday, September 4 (Labour Day) at 4:00 p.m. in Montreal at the Complexe sportif Claude-Robillard.

The second match will take place in Kingston, Jamaica on Sunday, October 8th. The kick off time is still to be determined.
Canada has fared very well against the Reggae Boyz in recent history, outscoring the islanders 14-6 with five wins and only one loss in eleven meetings between the two countries. The last encounter took place on September 2, 1999 in Toronto with Canada's Jim Brennan scoring the only goal of the match in the 53rd minute.
"This is a very good two game series versus Jamaica. They are a quality team with some very good players so we are excited about the challenge,” said Canadian head coach Frank Yallop.
“We are also looking forward to playing in Canada, especially in Montreal, where we hope to continue our recent run of good performances"
Canada is now undefeated without allowing a goal in their last three friendlies since November 16, 2005 with a 1:0 win over Luxembourg, a 0:0 draw with the United States on January 22nd, 2006 in San Diego, California, and most recently a 2:0 win over Austria on March 1st, 2006 in Vienna, Austria.

Matches

Canada vs. Jamaica
Monday, September 4 @ 4:00 p.m.
Complexe sportif Claude-Robillard - 1000, rue Émile-Journault – Montreal, QC, Canada

Sunday, October 8 @ TBD - Kingston, Jamaica

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Canada Takes On Jamaica This Labour Day in Montreal...
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2006, 07:37:56 PM »
That should be ah easy win for canada,if they allow the national hockey team to play ;D

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2006, 07:42:38 PM »
eheh Brap WF just come upon the d site just so; yuh ehe even  wait for ah hand ah fig  or some dasheen yuh come in and pull out?

Yuh eh even comment on we ranking? on we new coach? on we play at W.C yuh post yuh  article and it  biased for so on how they handle Jamaica. Lawd WF? yuh does miss this site eh? Tell yuh partner SHart that  he should look into coming back tuh he roots and helping the youth team now. Read about the new plans we have nah WF.

Another case of  a country using Jamacia as a warm up before  they tackle the Warriors.

Oh gosh at least  say something positive about the Warriors nah?

Oh yeah yuh have tuh read this...yuh might laugh....

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=18575.0
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 08:29:33 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2006, 08:29:03 PM »
boy last time i check dis is ah trini football site.....which part in Trinidad Canada and Jamaica is  :rotfl:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2006, 05:53:33 AM »

look at the team in that 6-1 thumping it was  our semi  pro league 11 it even had a few vincy on the team
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Trinidad & Tobago vs. Jamaica Invitational - Toronto CA
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2006, 02:47:46 PM »
I'm not sure if this was posted up already....if it was,  I'll delete.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/10003CD4C60B5256

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad & Tobago vs. Jamaica Invitational - Toronto CA
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2006, 02:49:35 PM »
I'm not sure if this was posted up already....if it was,  I'll delete.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/10003CD4C60B5256

It was.  It bein merged.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad & Tobago vs. Jamaica Invitational - Toronto CA
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2006, 02:49:55 PM »
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh I in that for sure....Bless Cana, thas a good find  ;)

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2006, 02:53:59 PM »
Palos. might wah make it a sticky ....just a thought .....cause I go clean forget bout this . It some forgetfull boardies who go forget.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2006, 02:55:52 PM »
Thanks Palos :beermug:

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2006, 03:41:54 PM »
Palos. might wah make it a sticky ....

second that

GTA ppl we going to dis fuh sure

anybody want to make de trip to Montreal fuh the Canada vs. Jamaica game...see how SH doing, maybe get an interview from him too?

is the long weekend...and Montreal does always be a nice lime fuh obvious reasons  ;)

T&T welcomes back...the King

TrinInfinite

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2006, 04:10:01 PM »
Palos. might wah make it a sticky ....

second that

GTA ppl we going to dis fuh sure

anybody want to make de trip to Montreal fuh the Canada vs. Jamaica game...see how SH doing, maybe get an interview from him too?

is the long weekend...and Montreal does always be a nice lime fuh obvious reasons ;)

yea i in dat, we go make a trip for the long weekend and see de game, sounds good :beermug:

1]; } ?>