March 29, 2024, 05:10:15 AM

Poll

Who is the better side currently.

Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors
Jamaica's Reggae Boyz

Author Topic: T&T vs Jamaica in August.  (Read 18144 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Jamaica in August.
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2006, 01:07:26 PM »
Yuh just full ah chat what the score btw i hope JA win so we can fire corneal
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2006, 01:08:46 PM »

1-0 HT TnT     Knox Penalty

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2006, 01:17:52 PM »

1-0 HT TnT     Knox Penalty

2-0 Ryan put it into the net.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2006, 01:40:37 PM »
I thought the Team that beat Jamaica in NJ in 1998 was an all star Caribbean Team and I also thought that Jamaica beat Trinidad 2-1 in the 1998 Copa Caribe after we return from France '98. ??? ???

Well de reason why I mention it was becuase RF talking bout JA beat T&T 6-1 and it wasn't a full T&T team it was a squad made up of caribbean players as four of them not from T&T. So if he want to count that then I will count this....

Well dont even compare de Copa Caribe because we is king of that. In 1999 we beat Jamaica, Cuba, Haiti, Guadeloupe and Grenada, de year after allyuh came back from de 1998 world cup. Then we beat South Africa, Jamaica and Colombia in friendly games around that same time.

MY point is, teams lose and win, RF cannot come here and talk shit.

We also beat Honduras (3-1) and Costa Rica (2-1) in de Gold Cup.

Sam? you lieing again. Jamaica beat T&T 2-1 in the shell cup after returning from the Gold Cup in 1998. Onandi Lowe and theodore Whotmore scored, Stern John pulled one back for T&T.  If the squad that played Jamaica in Kingston was in fact not the T&T national team, thats something you and Jack should have pointed out to us before the kick-off..instead of at the end of the game. I bet you if it was a T&T victory we would never have heard a quat about players not being Trinidad nationals. And havent you guys since done the same thing with The Brazilian born player Seabra? Didnt he play for you guys in the Digicel Cup last year? Seems like its something you have done at least on one occasion since then.

Jamaica beat us in the 98 Caribbean Cup, We beat them twice in 1999, including the 1999 Caribbean Cup.

RF, I think this should clarify the situation

By: Joel Villafana - ttproleague.
03-Mar-2005 - Jose Luis Seabra is a disappointed man, as it now seems unlikely that he will be part of Trinidad and Tobago’s journey to Germany 2006—but the Brazilian born player is still hopeful that one day he still may become a ‘Soca Warrior.’
After months of uncertainty, it was revealed by Minister of Sports Roger Boynes, that under the current law, a non-citizen must wait seven (7) years to be granted citizenship after gaining residency.
Seabra was granted residency in January this year which allowed him to play for T&T in friendly internationals and regional tournaments, but in order to play at the international level F.I.F.A. requires that one must be a citizen to represent their country.

I can only assume that those three players (Conteh, Pitt and W. john) had residency status and that is why they were allowed to play on the Trinidad team. However, there is a big difference between seabra and pitt and john - seabra has never been capped by another country.

This would be a huge travesty if pitt and john played for their respective countries BEFORE playing in that friendly game. I haven't been able to verify it yet.

Seabra's case is different because there was an expressed desire on the part of the player to gain Trini citizenship. He was supposed to be a major part of bertille saint clairs world cup plans (He played in the two azerbaijan matches as well as the digicell cup matches). I'm not saying i agree with it, i'm just stating it as it is.The only reason it didn't work out is that the government was unwiling to fastrack his citizenship - kind of like the solomon kalou situation (and rightly so)

You can compare it to a hypothetical situation of Simoes wanting to draft in a british born player who is eligible for jamaican citizenship, with resident status in jamaica (because of his parents), but who but who doesn't actually have the passport yet becase he never bothered to do the paperwork. assume that he can get the citizenship in 28 days and there's a friendly in 25 days followed by a qualifier at the end of the month. If the guy has residency status, the coach can test him out in a friendly while his papers are being looked after, and play him in the qualifier 2 days after his citizenship is approved.

Now it seems to me that the problem with the 6-1 match is that these players were never in the national team setup. They were picked to play this game simply for reasons of CONVENIENCE...the TTFF apparently barely bothered to put together a side.

Now no one (at least not myself) is griping about the result and trying to disqualify it because of the composition of the team. If you get comfort from beating up on a last minutes scratch up side more power to you ::) What i am saying is that in that case, that was a mockery of an A team match and IF EVER none of those players had residency status, or had already played with their countries, the match itself was a mockery of FIFA's eligibility rule sand should not be considered valid

As to why the TTFF never signalled it before the start of the match...well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that if the TTFF put the players there in the first place its because itsconvenient for them to play so why the hell would they protest against their own smartman tactics ::)

In fact they still haven't signalled it - WHICH IS WHAT I'M COMPLAINING ABOUT IN THE FIRST PLACE
As far as i'm concerned, this is a classic case of no one says anything and everyone gets fine. The TTFF were paid their cut of the matchfees or whatever fee jamaica paid to organise the match, the jamaica public get a nice thumping of their arch enemies just before the world cup, the fringe players who'd never have seen a national cap get one, the foreign PFL players get a sweat against future world cup 'stars'. The only losers are the Trinidad supporters, but who the hell cares? We never stand up for anything anyway...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 01:42:40 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2006, 01:48:47 PM »
I thought the Team that beat Jamaica in NJ in 1998 was an all star Caribbean Team and I also thought that Jamaica beat Trinidad 2-1 in the 1998 Copa Caribe after we return from France '98. ??? ???

Well de reason why I mention it was becuase RF talking bout JA beat T&T 6-1 and it wasn't a full T&T team it was a squad made up of caribbean players as four of them not from T&T. So if he want to count that then I will count this....

Well dont even compare de Copa Caribe because we is king of that. In 1999 we beat Jamaica, Cuba, Haiti, Guadeloupe and Grenada, de year after allyuh came back from de 1998 world cup. Then we beat South Africa, Jamaica and Colombia in friendly games around that same time.

MY point is, teams lose and win, RF cannot come here and talk shit.

We also beat Honduras (3-1) and Costa Rica (2-1) in de Gold Cup.

Sam? you lieing again. Jamaica beat T&T 2-1 in the shell cup after returning from the Gold Cup in 1998. Onandi Lowe and theodore Whotmore scored, Stern John pulled one back for T&T.  If the squad that played Jamaica in Kingston was in fact not the T&T national team, thats something you and Jack should have pointed out to us before the kick-off..instead of at the end of the game. I bet you if it was a T&T victory we would never have heard a quat about players not being Trinidad nationals. And havent you guys since done the same thing with The Brazilian born player Seabra? Didnt he play for you guys in the Digicel Cup last year? Seems like its something you have done at least on one occasion since then.

Jamaica beat us in the 98 Caribbean Cup, We beat them twice in 1999, including the 1999 Caribbean Cup.

RF, I think this should clarify the situation

By: Joel Villafana - ttproleague.
03-Mar-2005 - Jose Luis Seabra is a disappointed man, as it now seems unlikely that he will be part of Trinidad and Tobago’s journey to Germany 2006—but the Brazilian born player is still hopeful that one day he still may become a ‘Soca Warrior.’
After months of uncertainty, it was revealed by Minister of Sports Roger Boynes, that under the current law, a non-citizen must wait seven (7) years to be granted citizenship after gaining residency.
Seabra was granted residency in January this year which allowed him to play for T&T in friendly internationals and regional tournaments, but in order to play at the international level F.I.F.A. requires that one must be a citizen to represent their country.

I can only assume that those three players (Conteh, Pitt and W. john) had residency status and that is why they were allowed to play on the Trinidad team. However, there is a big difference between seabra and pitt and john - seabra has never been capped by another country.

This would be a huge travesty if pitt and john played for their respective countries BEFORE playing in that friendly game. I haven't been able to verify it yet.

Seabra's case is different because there was an expressed desire on the part of the player to gain Trini citizenship. He was supposed to be a major part of bertille saint clairs world cup plans (He played in the two azerbaijan matches as well as the digicell cup matches). I'm not saying i agree with it, i'm just stating it as it is.The only reason it didn't work out is that the government was unwiling to fastrack his citizenship - kind of like the solomon kalou situation (and rightly so)

You can compare it to a hypothetical situation of Simoes wanting to draft in a british born player who is eligible for jamaican citizenship, with resident status in jamaica (because of his parents), but who but who doesn't actually have the passport yet becase he never bothered to do the paperwork. assume that he can get the citizenship in 28 days and there's a friendly in 25 days followed by a qualifier at the end of the month. If the guy has residency status, the coach can test him out in a friendly while his papers are being looked after, and play him in the qualifier 2 days after his citizenship is approved.

Now it seems to me that the problem with the 6-1 match is that these players were never in the national team setup. They were picked to play this game simply for reasons of CONVENIENCE...the TTFF apparently barely bothered to put together a side.

Now no one (at least not myself) is griping about the result and trying to disqualify it because of the composition of the team. If you get comfort from beating up on a last minutes scratch up side more power to you ::) What i am saying is that in that case, that was a mockery of an A team match and IF EVER none of those players had residency status, or had already played with their countries, the match itself was a mockery of FIFA's eligibility rule sand should not be considered valid

As to why the TTFF never signalled it before the start of the match...well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that if the TTFF put the players there in the first place its because itsconvenient for them to play so why the hell would they protest against their own smartman tactics ::)

In fact they still haven't signalled it - WHICH IS WHAT I'M COMPLAINING ABOUT IN THE FIRST PLACE
As far as i'm concerned, this is a classic case of no one says anything and everyone gets fine. The TTFF were paid their cut of the matchfees or whatever fee jamaica paid to organise the match, the jamaica public get a nice thumping of their arch enemies just before the world cup, the fringe players who'd never have seen a national cap get one, the foreign PFL players get a sweat against future world cup 'stars'. The only losers are the Trinidad supporters, but who the hell cares? We never stand up for anything anyway...

You national association couldnt find the time to put together a side? What? You ran out of players? Jerron Nixon, Ince, John, And a host of other T&T nationals were in teh squad...so its hard to figure out why they would have to select players who were none T&T nationals. Anyway, Jack is a law unto himself, so there.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2006, 02:02:23 PM »
Yes as he brings up past victories to feel good
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2006, 02:58:10 PM »
You national association couldnt find the time to put together a side? What? You ran out of players? Jerron Nixon, Ince, John, And a host of other T&T nationals were in teh squad...so its hard to figure out why they would have to select players who were none T&T nationals.

If you're so sure about it, find me some proof. Sometimes i wonder if you actually read what others post instead of just mouthing off. Nixon showed up because he was in T+T getting his work permit. Any others obviously didn't have club commitments. 4 of the players got their first caps for pete's sake

Anyway, Jack is a law unto himself, so there.
Something we'll always agree on
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline skatetackle

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
SW 1 RB 0
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2006, 08:37:30 PM »
TnT finally bag a goal. Way to go SW.  Yardy cyar own we as someone said previously.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
Re: SW 1 RB 0
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2006, 08:54:45 PM »
 :challenge: :chilling: :cheers:

Offline doublesandsolo

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SW 1 RB 0
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2006, 09:37:06 PM »
Ah love it!!!!!!!!!!!! Go T n T up next WC qualification!

Offline Trini2dabone

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Who win the T&T Vs JA game in T.O
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2006, 10:34:55 PM »
anyone no who win dat game on sunday

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Who win the T&T Vs JA game in T.O
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2006, 10:54:27 PM »
1-0 T&T
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who win the T&T Vs JA game in T.O
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2006, 06:46:21 AM »
1-0 T&T

des d score for d fete match in toronto?

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2006, 05:33:08 PM »
soca warriors by farrrrrrrrrrrr

u see that ass whopping the jam down ppl get from england in the pre world cup  :rotfl:

Offline skatetackle

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2006, 06:42:50 PM »
Did anyone in here see the game?
How did this TnT squad look overall compared to June or even against Japan?
What format did they play?
Which player looked most impressive?
Anyone...please, I will send a  :beermug: for you.

1]; } ?>