April 28, 2024, 03:44:49 AM

Author Topic: Clayton Ince won't travel to Gold Cup  (Read 3252 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Clayton Ince won't travel to Gold Cup
« on: June 24, 2005, 06:50:31 AM »
Clayton Ince won't travel to Gold Cup
Crewe Alexandra FC

Reports suggest that Clayton Ince will not be joining up with the Trinidad and Tobago squad for the forthcoming Gold Cup in the United States. If he had extended his involvement at International level and travelled with the Soca Warriors, the Crewe goalkeeper would have potentially missed half of the club's pre-season matches, but it seems he is eager to sort out his club career as soon as possible.

If his future remains at Gresty Road remains in the balance - but his decision not to join up with Leo Beenhakker's squad shows encouragement. The club remain hopeful that the popular stopper will sign the two-year deal on offer.

Dario told crewealex.net: I haven't seen or spoken to Clayton but he knows what our offer is and there isn't any real room for manoeuvre. The deadline remains the day we return for pre-season training, so if he hasn't signed then he won't be coming to Portugal with us. None of them will.

"Of course, he will become a free agent and he can move on if he wishes or go off and play with Trinidad or whoever. We have always had an understanding that if he is away with Trinidad and misses a game then he will lose his place. He has got that balance right over the last few years.

He added: He knows we want him to stay with us and I think he realises that his club career is the most important thing.

"At the end of the day he has to make a living, so he needs to be where he is going to be and get something sorted."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Clayton Ince won't travel to Gold Cup
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 07:15:33 AM »
His club career is the most important thing ????

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 07:19:13 AM »
I still can't figure out what the real story is here.  Was Imps dropped or did he ask to be left out to sort out his future?  The saga continues...
But that fella Dario is a real ass to automatically drop him for missing one game.  Move on Clayton.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 07:27:23 AM »
There has always been this tension added by the managers of these teams when it comes to releasing players for WCQ duties. For some players, it has been away out of not looking bad in the national eyes by syaing that  their club has imposed these sanctions for others like Andrews, it  is simply standing up for what  you believe strongly in and making the representation for country a priority.

I wonder what stance these managers would take if the  players would be represening 'Jolly England?'

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 08:03:20 AM »
i think the decision is simple here ; His salary is more important right now and there is no choice to be made as far as I see it.......man have to eat ! There is no guarantee of qualification for world cup. If he had signed on the dotted line he might have made a definte for the gold cup but seeing the boss putting the heavy hand on him he cyar gallery right now.
Fall in line or walk ! The difference is that his signiture is on condition, he cyar play imps.........he is ince(hahahaha).  Just thought ah put dat in there.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 09:23:30 AM »

I want to know if a Club is allowed to have that kind of policy.
In effect you are trying to stop the player from representing his country by punishing him everytime he goes back.

If it was an unspokn policy they might be able to get away with it but this man bold face and come out and say it as a policy....
"Of course, he will become a free agent and he can move on if he wishes or go off and play with Trinidad or whoever.

Or whoever?????

Ince to move from that club.....he is better than the disrepect he receiving....his manage willing to lose matches just to spite him for playing for "whoever".  No wonder Ince acting the fool.  Go find a better club man.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 09:51:28 AM »
is the gold cup fifa sanctioned??if yes this manager should just shut up keep quiet.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »
I think we should give Ince a lil leeway to sort out his future. If he doesn't secure a contract I don't think ppl on this msg board would be payin any bills for him
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 10:40:38 AM »
Man...Imps wasn't gettin pick fuh no damn Gold Cup.  Get dat through allyuh head nah.  He mek he bed...now he lyin in it.

He serve well in de past and respeck fuh dat...Wish he all de best in he professional career.

BUT...and dis is Beenie pussonal calypso...

Yuh want to play diva

Ah go show yuh who baddah

Yuh movin real selfish

Ackin like a little bitch

Team First Invidividuals NO

Who eh like it could pack yuh bags and GO

Complainin bout money

Oversin yuh country

In dis life REAL men are few

So enjoy yuh career wit Crewe

SING DE CHORUS!

As long as Beenie is coach...

Ince is toast.

AGAIN!

Ince is toast

SING IT LOUDER!

Ince is TOAST

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 10:45:44 AM »

hahahaha

I bet yuh he back in the squad soon.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 10:46:17 AM »
I believe Flex said that Ince got dropped from the team because he was going to quit and that’s it he get drop get over it and move on.
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2005, 11:28:36 AM »
I think it's probably a combination of factors - (a) Beenie and teammates still vex he leave them before Mexico (b) Ince have he club business to sort out right now and (c) Shaka say he was coming back.
So Beenie and Imps had a talk (this was reported in the news) and probably they just decided the time wasn't right for him to come back now.
But I think the return of Shaka is a big factor - Beenie doesn't need Ince as much and Ince doesn't need to leave England right now to go Miami and ride bench.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 11:53:32 AM »
Dat dotish manager has never shown any RESPECT for the country Ince is from.Ince is a bigger fool for not getting away from dat manager for  continually disrespecting de country he's from.You want to tell me as a free agent Ince can't find another club ? If I were Beenieman I will drop his ass just for staying with dat club.
I know England manager don't encounter these stupid and unnecessary problems.
Something must be done when we have assh@le managers like this fool who drops players for representing their countries.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 11:58:39 AM »
is the principle behind the whole thing-the small fry soccer nations face this a lot and it need to be addressed-but then again the players just take it same time man have to eat and have kids to feed, maybe FIFA need to make an example of 1 of these clubs send a message. if it involve any other european country i doubt it would be an issue

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2005, 12:13:45 PM »
Crewe did not drop Ince for representing T&T

Doh blame Crewe manager

Ince ack like spopil chile when he find out he wasn't playin and decide to threaten to tek he ball and leave

One problem wit dat.....it wasn't he ball to tek

He guff up and play bad man and walk out on de team

Men try to talk to he and calm he down....Imps display a classic "hole meh back" stylin.  Allyuh know which one....de one when yuh know yuh padnah's arong and yuh grandchargin and bawlin "hole meh back" but yuh eh doin a dam ting but mekkin noise and bumpin yuh gum

Beenie say cool....yuh retire....stay retire.  Yuh eh see Jack statement in de papers?  Ince VOLUNTARY leff de team.  Dey had was to call een replacement at de last minute.

Den Ince come back later and say he didn't retire?  He tink people dotish?

So doh blame Gradi.  He eh have nutting to do wit dis.  

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 01:45:29 PM »
I don't think some of us realize the power some of these clubs have,they employ you they can fire you at any time they want,why don't you hear any of the big names have these kind of problems because they sort these things out early in their contracts,what going on here is nothing new i just read recently where Santos Coach said he wishes Brazil loose the Confederation Cup because they had an important game and the National team selected Robinho their most important player,but the thing is it's better for Robinho if he plays for the national team(contracts,money).
    Ince has no bargaining power to leave any team and be sure to get picked up by another one,that goes for all our players that's why where ever they get picked up they have to hold on,if you notice our players don't leave any teams but teams get rid of them,at the moment all of them scrambling not sure of where they going to be next season,our players are under pressure where ever they are, down to Yorke he has been benching for the past few years and so are many others,we have to face reality and try and understand where these ppl coming from they spending their money they want their players,as far as they are concern to hell with T&T this the business side of the game.   
     I know this may be is not possible but i feel if we had money where by we can afford to keep all our foreign based players at home we can have a very good league,but this is just wishful thinking,we can devide all these players through out the Pro League and make the league more competitive,if the league is competitive ppl will attend games etc.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 02:13:33 PM »
In reply to Coop's

Nobody here under any illusions as to de games dem foreign managers does play.  We done know dem tink we is tin pot outfit.

We done know dem does threaten we players fuh goin and play fuh T&T...especially after dey no longer need a work permit to play.

Dese tings are given.

It does not change the fact that when it comes to THIS T&T team....in THIS current situation....Clayton Ince effectively DROPPED HIMSELF by walking out on the team prior to departure to Mexico.

It doh matter what de foreign managers tink.

It doh matter if dey threaten de player.

It eh matter if dey give full blessins fuh de player to go back and play fuh we as much as he want and double he salary to boot.

Alex Ferguson heself could go and beg fuh Ince to be reinstated to de T&T national team.

Because.....

Ince is TOAST!!!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 02:40:16 PM »
Palos how are you so sure that Beenie dropped him and it wasn't a mutual decision to skip the Gold Cup?  I'm not saying you're wrong but if you have any inside information please share your source because the reports I haveread on the matter are inconclusive.

Here is a quote from a recent thread:
The Dutch-born coach also held a meeting with goalkeeper Clayton Ince on Tuesday but there has been no indication of an automatic reinstatement for the Crewe Alexandra custodian following his late call for leave from the team before it headed off to Monterrey last Monday for the qualifier against Mexico.  Ince has since stated that he wants to return to the team but Beenhakker is yet to say whether he will consider him for the Gold Cup. Team manager Bruce Aanensen stated that there has been no indication from Beenhakker on whether Ince will be in the Gold Cup squad, though adding that “the coach has indicated that the door is not closed on him”.

This is the same thing Beenie said when Anton Pierre get drop and look where he is now, back in the squad.  Maybe it just doh make sense for Ince to go Miami to ride de bench when he has contract business to sort out.  Remember that Beenie has not seen Shaka in action as yet while he saw Ince for about a month.  Beenie is still evaluating players at this stage.

With that said, if Shaka performs well he is in the drivers seat to start the rest of the qualifying campaign given that Ince did in fact piss Beenie off.  But if something happen to Shaka, watch and see how quick dat door will open again.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 05:11:55 PM »
Leh we see if Clayton play fuh T&T while Beenie is coach.  Den yuh go have yuh answer.

By de way...how yuh prefer it....wit strawberry jam?  raspberry?  marmalade?  blueberry?  how bout a lil butter?  Or to show yuh is a true trini....some shadow benny?

Wha kind yuh like?  White?  Wheat?  Rye?

Yuh like it light or dark?

;)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 05:14:07 PM by palos »

1]; } ?>