March 28, 2024, 04:14:27 PM

Author Topic: Antigua vs SVg  (Read 14768 times)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
Re: Antigua vs SVg
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2006, 07:41:23 PM »
doh study he trini all he holding on to is past performances etc .bout paraguay suppose to be the weakest team in the group and they beat brazil in qualifying ent smarty . Oh we beat them 3-0 in 199 and 2-0 in 2003 like if that matters? go ahead hol;d on to what little hope you have of your boyz. Go day dream about your reggae boyz making it to 2006 they just bent that they had the best team but they could not even excute they could not even beat panaa

you all get 6 from england 4 from ghana and 5 from the aussies poor things dem  licking your wounds of it pains you and reggae fan
So you have never brought up past results for T&T to support your argument.
jjbrown

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2006, 09:47:51 PM »
It is never wise to use a victory against a team 3 years ago to judge its present abilty. JA beating Paraguay in a couple of friendlies one of which dates back to 1999 ( I didn't even do CXC yet) means absolutey nothing in 2006, during a World Cup.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2006, 05:16:10 AM »
Fellas, as much as I fighting down Jamaica 2099 (in a rare decent argumentative discussion with a jamaican), he brought up a very valid point in response to my calling him out to talk about which is the better team right now based on the last 12 months of form and preparation.

The man talk about the rivalry between Ja and T&T, and how it brings out the best in Ja, no matter if they lose to another team.
As he said, a commentator said they could lose 12-0 to a team one day, but once they playing T&T, even with our WC players, we still cannot beat them.

This is so very true...about the mentality of jamaicans.
And to be honest, I dont think we as a country ever had the die hard fighting attitude and spirit on the field to match them.
BUT!
This is a new era, and from since Beenhakker took charge last year, one thing that has been instilled in the players is the fighting attitude, exemplified by the results we ground out to reach Germany, especially the come from behind wins vs Mexico, Guatemala and Bahrain...difficult wins on the road under pressure vs Panama and bahrain....pressure under which we usually folded in the past.

We may have more talent, a better team, and players who historically played at much higher levels that Ja, but i is a man who could testify first hand how ja as a country hyped up anytime they had to play trinidad, expecially in WCQ. Their fans had a mentality that they just would not accept losing to T&T, and the players played with that as well. And whether we like it or not, Ja has beaten us consistently, both in TT and Ja over the last 15 years. In my lifetime, I cannot recall we beating them in Kingston. Jabloteh 3-1 win vs Jungle a couple years ago is the only thing I can think about. So they have a right to think they still better, but football is just about direct match-ups as it is about current form, which T&T is way out in front.
As far as I see, T&T are kings of caribbean football at present, it is left to other teams to prove otherwsie (digicel cup)...and I waiting till someone brings up the point that Ja won the last digicel cup, cause when T&T won its 10 or how much ever Caribbean Cups compared to Jamaica's one or two, they always belittled Trinidad's titles and focussed on the only one that mattered, WC qualification..

T&T is not the same team it was 18 months ago.

It would be lovely to see the 2 teams meet now.

What a rivalry!
All the ingredients to make it one of the best in CONCACAF....Social, historical, cultural...
Its high time to stamp out authority over the next 2-3 years and take sole position at the top of Caribbean football.

Good point made by Jah Goal.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 05:22:18 AM by Trini »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2006, 05:22:21 AM »
FREN!! you is ah blonde or what?

What de man tryin to tell yuh in de last 198 posts is dat others like you,, not specifically YOU...with different names have tried the same tactic that you and kittenclaw have tried.(hence the reference to changing names)..thus its the same regurgitated tripe, that others like you,,,but not LITERALLY you..have tried similar levels of negativity and they have all been amateurish at best

If you need to soca warriors negative viber...you have to bring a certain level of 'pizzazz' to the forum....
Otherwise you sound like all the others name changers (again not literally YOU) that have come and gone

The basketball reference was not literally that YOU should play basketball...but the point had gorne completely over you head..in other words YOU didnt get the irony of the original post
Thus if you a taller guy (i.e. basketball reference)...or rather MENTALLY taller you would have understood

Do you see the irony here?......I'm guessing not

but I digress....

Allyuh cuddersmunt blondes does make man work too hard to explain someting...lawd   :whew:

Dutty boy, you have to be eating some serious alphabet soup to have d patience to spell out things like that for this man...

I always thought trolls were pink, naked and had long wavy hair.
Ah never see a dreadlock troll, in green black and gold, talking so much outta he @sshole...thanks a lot corncom/jamaica 2099

Anyway, I done with this shit talk, I doh give a damn but this supposed rivalry, I won't mind if the 2010 cycle finish just like the 2006 one, JAmaica win the digicell cup, and we in d world cup and could send them a post card :devil:

Warmonga, i hope u get a answer to u question  ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2006, 08:08:44 AM »
Aye jamaica2099 look yuh CFU Victory report  over canada

Canada falls 3-0 to Jamaica at the Caribbean Cup
www.canadasoccer.com

Canada’s Under-17 Team was defeated 3-0 by Jamaica at the 2006 Youth Caribbean Cup on Monday in the second round robin of the tournament.

The tournament which was originally set as a single round robin followed by quarter-finals, semi-finals and the final has now added a second round robin with two groups of four with Canada in group B with Jamaica, Mexico and Panama.

Jamaica’s rout began in the 26th minute with a defensive breakdown allowing Dever Orgilla chance to break through four defenders before entering the box and ultimately beat the Canadian keeper Jason Blakely on the short side.

Four minutes later, Canada’s Randy Edwini-Bonsu turned his defender at the left corner of the 18 and moved inside to strike the ball but was unlucky as it grazed the side netting.

Although the Canadians played better in the second half and pressed for the equalizer, keeping Jamaica on their heels. They were unable to gain any distance prior to the final whistle.

In the 73rd minute, Jamaica’s John-Ross Doyley took a harmless shot from well outside the box which fools Blakely and trickles between his legs after bouncing off his chest.

The last unanswered goal by Jamaica followed a build up from the left side. A Jamaican midfielder then broke down the side and crossed the ball low across the net. A Canadian player was able to get a foot on the ball but was unable clear. Jamaica’s Kennial Hyde managed to get in front of him and knock it into the net.

“No excuses for tonight’s performance,” said head coach Stephen Hart. “We gifted them with two very preventable goals and paid a heavy price as it forced us to chase the game.”

Canada will now play Mexico on Wednesday.

August 21, 2006 – 2006 Youth Caribbean Cup
Dwight Yorke Stadium
Jamaica 3(1)
Canada 0(0)
Goals: Jamaica- Orgill (26), Doyley (78); Hyde (89)
CANADA: 1-Jason Blakely; 2-Adam Straith; 3-Daniel Tannous; 4-Philippe Davies; 5-Greg Smith; 6-Chris Martinez (13-Colin Parenreau-Michon, 75); 9-Randy Edwini-Bonsu (16-Jarek Whiteman, 80); 10-Alex Semenets; 12-Mohamed Sylla (11-Dalvir Malhi, 83); 15-Marcus Johnstone; 17-Erick Leal
Head coach: Stephen Hart
Subs not used: 7-Cedric Carrie; 8-Devin Gunenc; 14-Kevin Chan-Yu-Tin; 20-Julien Latendresse-Levesque
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2006, 08:40:10 AM »
It is never wise to use a victory against a team 3 years ago to judge its present abilty. JA beating Paraguay in a couple of friendlies one of which dates back to 1999 ( I didn't even do CXC yet) means absolutey nothing in 2006, during a World Cup.

History breeds rivalry. Get use to it.
jjbrown

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2006, 08:46:12 AM »

You didn't respond to the actual content of my post.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2006, 08:48:43 AM »
As far as I see, T&T are kings of caribbean football at present, it is left to other teams to prove otherwsie (digicel cup)...and I waiting till someone brings up the point that Ja won the last digicel cup, cause when T&T won its 10 or how much ever Caribbean Cups compared to Jamaica's one or two, they always belittled Trinidad's titles and focussed on the only one that mattered, WC qualification..

T&T won 8 Caribbean Cups. Jamaica has 3(for now). But by the time T&T wins another Caribbean/Digicel Cup Jamaica will have surpassed T&T and won more.  :bringiton:
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2006, 08:50:52 AM »

www.canadasoccer.com

Canada’s Under-17 Team was defeated 3-0 by Jamaica at the 2006 Youth Caribbean Cup on Monday in the second round robin of the tournament.

The tournament which was originally set as a single round robin followed by quarter-finals, semi-finals and the final has now added a second round robin with two groups of four with Canada in group B with Jamaica, Mexico and Panama.

Jamaica’s rout began in the 26th minute with a defensive breakdown allowing Dever Orgilla chance to break through four defenders before entering the box and ultimately beat the Canadian keeper Jason Blakely on the short side.

Four minutes later, Canada’s Randy Edwini-Bonsu turned his defender at the left corner of the 18 and moved inside to strike the ball but was unlucky as it grazed the side netting.

Although the Canadians played better in the second half and pressed for the equalizer, keeping Jamaica on their heels. They were unable to gain any distance prior to the final whistle.

In the 73rd minute, Jamaica’s John-Ross Doyley took a harmless shot from well outside the box which fools Blakely and trickles between his legs after bouncing off his chest.

The last unanswered goal by Jamaica followed a build up from the left side. A Jamaican midfielder then broke down the side and crossed the ball low across the net. A Canadian player was able to get a foot on the ball but was unable clear. Jamaica’s Kennial Hyde managed to get in front of him and knock it into the net.

“No excuses for tonight’s performance,” said head coach Stephen Hart. “We gifted them with two very preventable goals and paid a heavy price as it forced us to chase the game.”

Dwight Yorke Stadium
Jamaica 3(1)
Canada 0(0)
CANADA: 1-Jason Blakely; 2-Adam Straith; 3-Daniel Tannous; 4-Philippe Davies; 5-Greg Smith; 6-Chris Martinez (13-Colin Parenreau-Michon, 75); 9-Randy Edwini-Bonsu (16-Jarek Whiteman, 80); 10-Alex Semenets; 12-Mohamed Sylla (11-Dalvir Malhi, 83); 15-Marcus Johnstone; 17-Erick Leal
Subs not used: 7-Cedric Carrie; 8-Devin Gunenc; 14-Kevin Chan-Yu-Tin; 20-Julien Latendresse-Levesque

Unfortunately I don't think Canada will be in our group in the final round.
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2006, 08:56:54 AM »

Which is what? The answer remains the same since it was in response to Jamaica never having beaten Panama. Don't know if you know, but June 2006 to yesterday IS the past.
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2006, 09:28:55 AM »

www.canadasoccer.com

Dwight Yorke Stadium
Jamaica 3(1)
Canada 0(0)

Oh well you better wish thats not the case
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2006, 09:34:45 AM »

www.canadasoccer.com

Dwight Yorke Stadium
Jamaica 3(1)
Canada 0(0)

Oh well you better wish thats not the case
Or maybe they are thanking their lucky stars.
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2006, 09:42:10 AM »
Well they better do cause that the only way the comming 3 rd

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2006, 09:45:01 AM »
So tell Flash7 to correct the poll on his post.
jjbrown

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2006, 09:53:48 AM »

Which is what? The answer remains the same since it was in response to Jamaica never having beaten Panama. Don't know if you know, but June 2006 to yesterday IS the past.

I was trying to point out the erroneous nature of your rationale for concluding that Jamaica is currently better than Trinidad. You can't use results from 3-7 years ago against pickup Pararguay sides  to prove anything.

T&T won 8 Caribbean Cups. Jamaica has 3(for now). But by the time T&T wins another Caribbean/Digicel Cup Jamaica will have surpassed T&T and won more.  :bringiton:
Steups !

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
  • Allez Le Rouge et Bleu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2006, 10:14:46 AM »

anything's possible during competitions, i rememba back in 2004 when the U16 Caribbean teams were qualifying for the 2005 CONCACAF U17 final round tha next summer. Haiti and Jamaica met in the second round for two matches that wuld both b played in Jamaica. The Haitians handled tha Reggae boyz in tha first match in Kingston, 4-0 and eventually won tha series on a 4-1 aggregate score. And in tha otha second round matchup tha Cubanos knocked off tha Soca warriors by a 6-2 aggregate score. U never know wat's going to happen.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 09:43:22 PM by Flash7 »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2006, 12:39:17 PM »

I was trying to point out the erroneous nature of your rationale for concluding that Jamaica is currently better than Trinidad. You can't use results from 3-7 years ago against pickup Pararguay sides  to prove anything.

T&T won 8 Caribbean Cups. Jamaica has 3(for now). But by the time T&T wins another Caribbean/Digicel Cup Jamaica will have surpassed T&T and won more.  :bringiton:
Steups !
And yet when I posted the past statitics between Jamaica and T&T in an earlier post when I signed on this forum as corncom1. I suggested that since this was a new century we should start fresh. One of your compatriots replied in not so many words. "HELL NO!
So tell me what should I take from that response.
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2006, 12:41:27 PM »

anything's possible during competitions, all i rememba was back in 2004 when the U16 Caribbean teams were qualifying for the 2005 CONCACAF U17 final round tha next summer. Haiti and Jamaica met in the second round for two matches that wuld both b played in Jamaica. The Haitians handled tha Reggae boyz in tha first match in Kingston, 4-0 and eventually won tha series on a 4-1 aggregate score. And in tha otha second round matchup tha Cubanos knocked off tha Soca warriors by a 6-2 aggregate score. U never know wat's going to happen.
Trust me. That's not going to happen. :bringiton: :bringiton:
jjbrown

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2006, 09:42:47 PM »
um...it already has and i wuldn't be surprised if it happens again. like i said, dat was a U16 team competition back in 2004.......it's now 2006 so sum of those Haitian and Jamaican players will be on U19 teams. I hope tha Haitians play tha Reggae boyz in Kingston again, aint dat a bit**?  :devil:  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 09:44:51 PM by Flash7 »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2006, 07:50:33 AM »
um...it already has and i wuldn't be surprised if it happens again. like i said, dat was a U16 team competition back in 2004.......it's now 2006 so sum of those Haitian and Jamaican players will be on U19 teams. I hope tha Haitians play tha Reggae boyz in Kingston again, aint dat a bit**?  :devil:  :rotfl:
You are talking about the same Jamaica and Haiti U-20s that played in the CAC Games then it means you have a short memory. Try hard to remember what the result was.
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2006, 08:01:35 AM »
You are talking about the same Jamaica and Haiti U-20s that played in the CAC Games then it means you have a short memory. Try hard to remember what the result was.

Nope but 2 years back haiti did cut you behind 4-0 in the first game

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2006, 08:06:51 AM »

And yet a month ago we knocked them out of the CAC Games.
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2006, 08:19:48 AM »

yes you all beat them cause they had 8 men.. 2-1 . BTW  it was the haititan  under 17 level them guy lost 2 years ago so them guy would be under 19 now . The cac games eh matter here boss

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2006, 08:52:32 AM »

The CAC Games is a U21 competition, not U20 so both teams will have different age lineups than tha ones u saw at tha CAC games, besides dat was a close match cuz tha Haitians were playin a man or 2 man down

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2006, 09:03:05 AM »

yes you all beat them cause they had 8 men.. 2-1 . BTW  it was the haititan  under 17 level them guy lost 2 years ago so them guy would be under 19 now . The cac games eh matter here boss
Why! Because the same Haitian team knocked T&T out during the CAC qualifiers. :rotfl: :rotfl: You're right. I would devalue the CAC games too if it brought up a sore point.   
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2006, 09:05:56 AM »

Why! Because the same Haitian team knocked T&T out during the CAC qualifiers. :rotfl: :rotfl: You're right. I would devalue the CAC games too if it brought up a sore point.   

you all bearley beat them when they had 8 men so me eh know what you talking about

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2006, 09:09:23 AM »

The CAC Games is a U21 competition, not U20 so both teams will have different age lineups than tha ones u saw at tha CAC games, besides dat was a close match cuz tha Haitians were playin a man or 2 man down
And why did Haiti play with 2 men down. Simple: because Jamaica was playing and defending well. The Haitians needing the win saw time was running out, got desperate and played dirty which obviously got them 2 red cards. In reverse you would tell me: Jamaica should take their loss and go home.  
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 09:10:59 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2006, 10:03:07 AM »

And why did Haiti play with 2 men down. Simple: because Jamaica was playing and defending well. The Haitians needing the win saw time was running out, got desperate and played dirty which obviously got them 2 red cards. In reverse you would tell me: Jamaica should take their loss and go home.  

nope haiti had a man sent of in the first half i think the first half finised 1.1 haiti even scored with 10 men on the field. you all beat a 8 man haiti and yuh boasting and talking about us

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2006, 10:07:12 AM »

the game was still 1-1 at tha time wen anotha red card was given out so it's fair to say dat tha Haitians had no reason to "get desperate and play dirty". besides, that was only the first game of the CAC Games, both teams still had matches with Costa Rica so the second spot was still up for grabs.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 10:08:56 AM by Flash7 »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2006, 10:17:55 AM »

the game was still 1-1 at tha time wen anotha red card was given out so it's fair to say dat tha Haitians had no reason to "get desperate and play dirty". besides, that was only the first game of the CAC Games, both teams still had matches with Costa Rica so the second spot was still up for grabs.

forget he flash

1]; } ?>