April 27, 2024, 02:55:26 PM

Author Topic: Was this the biggest amount of locals called by a T&T coach (Najjar) ?  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
IMPRESSIVE !!! atleast someone had our locals at heart.... a lot of talents here that could have been developed by the TTFF.

Hannibal Najjar summons players for training.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Trinidad and Tobago Technical Director Hannibal Najjar has summoned ninety one players for the resumption of training this week.
Najjar, who led T&T through to next April final CFU Gold Cup qualifying round, returned from a brief stay in Missouri United States last Saturday.
Over the next few weeks leading up to the end of 2002, Najjar intends to look at several players of the various age groups as T&T prepares to finalize a final Senior and Under 23 teams for the CFU Gold Cup qualifiers and 2003 Olympic qualifiers respectively.
The first session is carded for St Mary's College this Thursday from 3pm and will continue for the remainder of the month at selected venues and times to be determined.
Najjar also mentioned the possibility of senior warm up matches in January against a visiting Chinese Professional club as well as a South American nation and Scottish club Dundee. He is also making attempts to get a warm-up encounter in the second week of February as well as three matches in March leading up to the Gold Cup qualifying tournament.
Included in the list called are Under 17 players as well as standouts from the recent Secondary Schools League including former Under 17 goalkeeper Marvin Phillip, Jerol Forbes, Princes Town SC's Linsie Sherwood, Lyndon Luke, Andre Pacheco, St Anthony's College's Ian McAuley, Keeron Benito, Roderick Anthony, Steve Sealey and Julius James. Also earning a recall in an attempt to have the him reacquainted with the national scene is former Under 17 striker Nkosi Blackman. Former National under 17 forward Adrian Nunez of Rawlin's College in the USA is also in the country and has been invited for training.
"While being away where I spent the time wrapping up matters and closing up shop and seeing about related matters to the development of the football here, I was able to make several contacts with individuals and organizations pertaining to our programme in terms of organizational development which should come first before we get into actual player development. I am due to make further visits to the American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) later in December and the United States Youth Soccer Association," Najjar told TTFF Media.
"I am encouraging all the recommendations that I can get. The guys had to go back to their clubs so this was a perfect time to go back to the States and wrap matters up there. I have invited a large number for training before we close off for the Christmas during which time they will be given personal training programmes before we resume the second week in January.
"There are now eighty eight invitees and clearly we will be looking at more players as time goes along. We need to be making a statement to the nation, in particular the young people that they are going to be looked at an early enough stage where we can identify their skills firstly and concretize their personalities for the making of a national player and not wait until they are older where we maybe have complaints about some of the things they may be missing. I want to identify those young people very early and naturally they will understand their roles but by virtue of being exposed to and rubbing shoulders with the senior players who are in many ways still a young group, it will enhance their overall well being and create a sense of extra enthusiasm that I need from the young people. Having these young ones around will not hurt them and certainly will not hurt us. We will be not be allowing people to slip through the nets. We have talent and the days of when younger people used to be exposed to the big football has returned. We have sheltered this for too long. The only setback they may have is the physical readiness to be part of the senior team and therefore we will be having the on board but utilizing them in a sensible way," Najjar explained to TTFF Media.

Players called for training.

Kevin Graham, Keyeno Thomas, Nigel Pierre, Andre Toussaint, Densill Theobald, Jeremy Delpino, Dale Saunders, Kerwyn Jemmott, Derek King, Hollis Browne (Joe Public).

Arnold Dwarika, Reynold Carrington, Brian James, Atiba Charles, Lyndon Andrews, Silvio Spann (Vibe CT 105 W Connection).

Nigel Daniel, Cyd Gray, Wesley Webb, Brent Sancho, Travis Mulraine, Errol McFarlane, Gary Glasgow, Kerry Noray, Kelvin Jack, Ansil Elcock, Trent Noel, Cornell Glen, Josh Johnson, Ian Gray, Aurtis Whitley (San Juan Jabloteh).

Handell Manswell, Uz Taylor, Ashford Leggerton, Peter Fortune (Arima Fire).

Jason Scotland, Marlon Sylvester, Anton Pierre, Kwesi Smith (Defence Force).

Donovon Thomas, Joseph Peters, Warren Butler, Darren Modeste, Gary Jones (Eastern FA).

Selwyn George (Northern FA).

Ryan Edwards, Damien Walker, Jason Boodram, Ricardo Toney, Fabien Garcia, Neri Joseph (Southern FA).

Curtis Job, Tyrone Browne, Terrence Phillip, Kevern Murphy (Tobago FA).

Anthony Marshall, Conrad Smith, Roger Henry (Caledonia AIA).

Kenwyne Jones, Steve Sealey, Keeron Benito, Julius James, Ian McAuley, Roderick Anthony (St Anthony's College).

Nkosi Blackman, Andre Alexis (St Benedict's College).

Nigel Hart (North East Stars).

Sean Julien (Starworld Strikers).

Alloy Tee Shong (Eastern Counties Union).

Marcus Cabralis (St Mary's College), Hayden Tinto (Malick SC).

Colin Roberts, Abiola Benjamin, Ian Ford (Superstar Rangers).

Adrian Nunez (Rawlins College).

Wendell Joseph, Brenton De Leon, Jerol Forbes (Naparima College).

Devon Leacock, Michael Carrington (Scarborough Sec).

Under 17 players called - Josimar Belgrave, Marvin James (Fatima College), Gorian Highley (Arima SC), Simba Aberdeen, Machel James (Queen's Royal College), Matthew Cupid (Morvant Laventille SC), Corneal Thomas (Mucurapo Junior Sec), Lindsie Sherwood, Marvin Phillip, Andre Pacheco, Lyndon Luke (Princes Town SC).

Orignal Story.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 05:04:18 PM by Flex »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Was this the biggest amount of locals called by a T&T coach (Najjar) ?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 05:07:37 PM »
Yeah i remember that and All that was just big grand charge by najir ................
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 06:32:07 PM »
Stuart Charles called local squads also right after Najjar and if yuh look at Wim's most reent squad it was predominantly local.

It has less to do with Najjar's intentions that the fact that we were not playing WC qualifying or Gold Cup football.

Every TnT coach goes through a development period with local players when there are no big matches on but they just keeping the places warm for when the foreign-based come back for the big games.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 09:02:05 PM »
Wasn't the last digicel cup a fully local squad?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 12:36:30 AM »
They should also take some of the standouts from the U-16 like leston Paul and Co. This will vastly increase there skills. To train with the seniors What you all think?
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 06:59:39 AM »
Ah see Hardest got picked.......(memories  :'()..surprised that a certain poster hasn't made his mark on the thread yet.  ;D.........
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 07:21:20 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 07:09:51 AM »
Yes he did call a lot of locals but when it came down to important game he called the foreign players remember Stern got vex when they ask him to play midfield Najjar also admitted when we lost a couple of game that he was out coached he wasn’t ready for the senior team job.
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 08:50:48 AM »
The Foreign pool getting bigger. so it means less places for the locals.
 The argument that Jack Warner advaced for getting to the World Cup was for more players to go abroad. Every Caribbean team bringing in Foreign players for major tournaments. I like the idea of having under 16 stand outs as part of the Senior Team. Most Foreign teams like to take them young.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 10:58:53 AM »
The Foreign pool getting bigger. so it means less places for the locals.
 The argument that Jack Warner advaced for getting to the World Cup was for more players to go abroad. Every Caribbean team bringing in Foreign players for major tournaments. I like the idea of having under 16 stand outs as part of the Senior Team. Most Foreign teams like to take them young.

This is what I believe. THose guys need the exposure. This wiill nuture them. PAul and Lennox are two names that come quickly to my mind.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know