March 28, 2024, 10:39:38 AM

Author Topic: Kyle McIvor knocks one in for Robert Morris U  (Read 3485 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Kyle McIvor knocks one in for Robert Morris U
« on: August 28, 2006, 11:21:41 PM »
Men’s Soccer Trounces Manhattan, 6-1, In Home Opener
By: rmu.edu

8/27/2006

Junior forward Jacek Przednowek (Brantford, Ontario / St. John’s College (Drexel)) scored four goals as the Robert Morris University men’s soccer team rolled over Manhattan, 6-1, in the Colonials home opener on Sunday afternoon. The goal-scoring effort is the team’s highest total since October 13, 2002, when they upended Mount St. Mary’s by an identical 6-1 score.
Przednowek, who was the Northeast Conference Tournament Most Valuable Player in 2005 after recording three goals in the championship game, has seven goals in the team’s last three games dating back to last season.
Four other Colonials in addition to Przednowek recorded more than one point in the game. Graduate student Matt Paradise (Pittsburgh, Pa. / Plum (Long Island)) and freshman Kyle McIvor (Diego Martin, Trinidad / Queen’s Royal College) each had a goal and an assist while junior Dwayne Chin (North York, Ontario / Newtonbrook) and sophomore Bryn Zeigler (Lewisburg, Pa. / Lewisburg) each had a pair of assists.
Przednowek got his first of four goals in the 5th minute. Paradise and Chin played a nice give-and-go that ended with Paradise flicking the ball over the defense to Przednowek in the box. He wasted little time in chesting the ball and ripping a shot into the lower right corner for a 1-0 lead.
Manhattan tied the game in the 18th minute when Tony Safran ran onto a through-ball from Daniel Cipriano on the right side. Safran, all alone in the box, found room on the shortside of Colonials sophomore goalkeeper Matt Felice (Missisaugua, Ontario / Philip Pocock). The through-ball would prove to be the theme on the afternoon.
Just 97 seconds later, however, Przednowek gave RMU the lead back, this time receiving a long diagonal pass over the defense from senior Mark Klabnik (Butler, Pa. / Knoch) and burying the shot in the left side. The junior striker added another goal in the 34th minute, taking a long through-ball from Zeigler.
Prezednowek picked up his fourth goal of the game on Chin’s second assist in the 47th minute, using the left post to score. Paradise put Robert Morris up 5-1 in the 54th minute as he made good on a through-ball from McIvor. McIvor then capped the scoring in the 83rd minute, this time making the best of a diagonal pass from Zeigler over the defense. McIvor controlled the ball in the box and found the upper right corner of the net for the goal.
Felice finished the game with six saves as Manhattan held the advantage in shots, 17-12. The Colonials were caught offsides by the Jaspers trap 11 times. Alex Sylvan stopped three shots for Manhattan.
The Colonials return to action on Friday, September 1, when they host Western Michigan in a 4:00 p.m. game at North Athletic Complex.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kyle McIvor knocks one in for Robert Morris U
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 12:05:42 PM »
way to go! i was wondering where this lad had vanished to.Very talented.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 12:13:52 PM »
Oh yes he was on the last under 17 team i think.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 02:01:32 PM »
sorry but i never really thought Kyle was very talented... a good player with a dim prospect however seemingly its alot brighter.

good for him.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 02:37:13 PM »
sorry but i never really thought Kyle was very talented... a good player with a dim prospect however seemingly its alot brighter.

good for him.

I agree even to the point of telling his father that his younger son Keene is the brighter prospect. I wish him well though ...must admit that I have not heard of this tream before...

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 03:30:08 PM »
another trini on that team:

Randy Samaroo *** Sr. 5-8 160 B Cocorite, Port of Spain, Trinidad / St. Anthony's
Hart for president

Offline bigsnakes

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 08:03:10 PM »
lots a trinis and bagonians played 4 that school in the 80's  when it was RMC...ROBERT MORRIS COLLEGE...fellas like mickey rat and yellowman..and bigsnakes

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 06:51:13 AM »
Yeah this team was not bad back in the day, Make a few ncaa tourneys hopefully the 2 trinis could bring them back
youth man making an impact right away well done

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 07:24:55 AM »

good for him.
I agree that he is not richly blessed with talent but I think he has a good work ethic and good speed. If he continues to work I have no doubt that he will develop into a useful player for us.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 08:12:14 AM »
he actually has a decent coach so he should learn a lot.....

1]; } ?>