April 28, 2024, 09:53:52 AM

Poll

which 3 teams will qualify to the final round?

TnT, Haiti, St. K&N
DR, Jamaica, Haiti
TnT, Jamaica, Haiti
DR, Jamaica, TnT
St. K&N, DR, St. V&G

Author Topic: U19 Caribbean Zone competition  (Read 17206 times)

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
  • Allez Le Rouge et Bleu!!
    • View Profile
U19 Caribbean Zone competition
« on: August 29, 2006, 09:19:36 AM »
Second Round of Caribbean Zone

Group F
Trinidad & Tobago (host)
Dominican Republic (group B winner)
St. Kitts & Nevis (group C winner)
St. Vincent & The Grenadines (group D winner)

Group G
Jamaica (host)
Haiti
Bermuda (group A winner)
Netherlands Antilles (group E winner)

Top 3 qualify for 2007 CONCACAF Under-20 Final Round
The winner of each group automatically qualifies and the second place teams will prolly playoff for the third and final spot. Remember Soca Warrior fans, DR knocked off Cuba in their group and the fact that their federation has announced that they will try to use their current U19 team to build off of in order to reach world cup 2014 makes it look like they will be gunning for u guys. Any thoughts or comments?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 10:45:50 AM by Flash7 »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: U19 Caribbean Zone competition
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 09:34:52 AM »
When does the competition start ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 09:44:21 AM »

Group F
Trinidad & Tobago (host)

Group G
Jamaica (host)
Haiti
Bermuda (group A winner)

The winner of each group automatically qualifies and the second place teams will prolly playoff for the third and final spot. Remember Soca Warrior fans, DR knocked off Cuba in their group and the fact that their federation has announced that they will try to use their current U19 team to build off of in order to reach world cup 2014 makes it look like they will be gunning for u guys. Any thoughts or comments?

Long range plan. Well our under 19 team pic and a few posters on the site get screwed
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 11:08:52 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 10:37:57 AM »
When does the competition start ?

it'll start late september, i heard it on a Haitian radio station last nite

yeah my mistake on the poll, the fifth choice can't happen so ignore the fifth one
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 06:40:30 AM by Flash7 »

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 06:54:10 AM »
i'm not completely sure how the competition goes, but i think it's jus once the 3 teams qualify and it's over. i was just checking to make sure it wasn't a CFU U19 Cup or anything like that

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 08:59:32 AM »

Group F
Trinidad & Tobago (host)

Group G
Jamaica (host)
Haiti
Bermuda (group A winner)

Are you kidding me! Jamaica should be in all those groups to qualify.
jjbrown

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 09:58:14 PM »
yeah but ask urself dat, wat's more important......winning ur group or qualifying? cuz if Haiti loses to Jamaica i culd care less as long as they qualify for tha CONCACAF final round, and if that happens then u culd almost guarantee that tha Reggae boyz will be seeing them again just in case they might get placed in the same group cuz by now if ur Jamaican/Cuban/Trinidadian/Haitian u know that tha CONCACAF/CFU always puts Jamaica and Haiti togetha.  >:(

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 11:36:39 AM »
yeah but ask urself dat, wat's more important......winning ur group or qualifying? cuz if Haiti loses to Jamaica i culd care less as long as they qualify for tha CONCACAF final round, and if that happens then u culd almost guarantee that tha Reggae boyz will be seeing them again just in case they might get placed in the same group cuz by now if ur Jamaican/Cuban/Trinidadian/Haitian u know that tha CONCACAF/CFU always puts Jamaica and Haiti togetha.  >:(
It would simply mean more losses for them from Jamaica. You are not worried if they qualify for the final round. Are you? :nailbiting:
jjbrown

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 12:08:45 PM »

Group F
Trinidad & Tobago (host)

Group G
Jamaica (host)
Haiti
Bermuda (group A winner)

breath in...breath out. relax. it's a poll, and you can only choose one. so its ok to have some very unlikely scenarios. you can just ignore them..they are there for the contrarians and underdog lovers. it is not a dis on Jamaica. Just as it is not a dis on T&T that we aren't going to qualify in 2 of the scenarios, even though we are the home team and we are not in the same group as Haiti and Jamaica. Besides..it's football and anything can happen. You doh have to fight down everything :-\

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 12:36:13 PM »
I'm confused. Is it for the U-19s or the U-20s.
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 12:38:37 PM »
Unser 20 and it will be those same core of player from Haiti last under 17 plus  other players... oh yes
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 01:18:16 PM »
Unser 20 and it will be those same core of player from Haiti last under 17 plus  other players... oh yes
So that means we will see some of the U-20s from all the nations play in the Digicel Cup too.  :applause: :applause: Youth and experience and bragging rights. 
jjbrown

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 03:26:38 PM »

???

I hope you're a child, because I don't wanna believe that an adult could be so dotish and hard-headed. It's a choice-poll that is trying to show all different combos of possible qualifiers.. We know you're from Jamaica.....you've made that clear in every one of your posts....a sensible and level headed post wouldn't hurt from time to time....geez
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 03:31:38 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 06:21:39 PM »
oh goooooooooooooooooooood
man lookin for fight there
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline ttbecks

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 10:20:09 PM »
I gettin on that side
tandt i salute you

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 07:17:17 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

allyuh like sh*t eh ? No fights going down here, but this latest version of RF (Jamaica 2099) in the midst of his pro-Jamaica stance (which is totally fine...the ole talk is always welcome), iz get a lil carried away and annoying. Iz one thing to big up yuh country, but yuh could do that without cryin' down Trini in every post...and in this instance missing the plot of the thread......

Anyway, this post in itself is a diversion from the point of the thread...so let's carry on.

no fightin here though  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 07:40:00 AM »

allyuh like sh*t eh ? No fights going down here, but this latest version of RF (Jamaica 2099) in the midst of his pro-Jamaica stance (which is totally fine...the ole talk is always welcome), iz get a lil carried away and annoying. Iz one thing to big up yuh country, but yuh could do that without cryin' down Trini in every post...and in this instance missing the plot of the thread......

Anyway, this post in itself is a diversion from the point of the thread...so let's carry on.

Ah tired tell yuh it eh have no latest version of RF.  He was ALWAYS so.  You still have yuh blinkers on whey he concerned talkin bout "lil carried away".  RF is a out and out Trini HATER.  Continue to be fooled if yuh want.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 07:44:17 AM »

Ah tired tell yuh it eh have no latest version of RF.  He was ALWAYS so.  You still have yuh blinkers on whey he concerned talkin bout "lil carried away".  RF is a out and out Trini HATER.  Continue to be fooled if yuh want.

Nah by latest version of RF, I mean different name (probably different person), but same agenda- Jamaica2099.

He lack the RF subtelty though...which could be a good  or bad thing depending on how yuh view it.

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 07:59:50 AM »
so does anybody know about Dominican Republic's U19 team? i don't think they wuld've gotten past Cuba if they werent hosting group B, but now i hear that their federation will use that team in order to get to World Cup 2014.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 08:01:32 AM by Flash7 »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 09:44:02 AM »

???

I hope you're a child, because I don't wanna believe that an adult could be so dotish and hard-headed. It's a choice-poll that is trying to show all different combos of possible qualifiers.. We know you're from Jamaica.....you've made that clear in every one of your posts....a sensible and level headed post wouldn't hurt from time to time....geez
If I were doing a poll. I would be more realistic in my choices knowing that this is a serious knockout tournament. Strengths and weakness and a team's potential should be validated to a poll. Sentimentality should not be a choice here. 
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2006, 09:56:13 AM »

Look at my posts and RF"s. Notice the difference. I'm me. Different. I have made a valid choice to respond to posts that belittle Jamaica. This choice was made after months of reading posts that curse and begrudge Jamaica with little or no response from RF. I made it my choice to come on this forum and defend my country.
As Clint Eastwood said in For A Few Dollars More. "NOW WE START!"
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 10:00:15 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 10:04:49 AM »

Nah by latest version of RF, I mean different name (probably different person), but same agenda- Jamaica2099.

He lack the RF subtelty though...which could be a good  or bad thing depending on how yuh view it.

Subtlety is for fools who disguise themselves as wolves under sheeps clothing. Deceit betrays you in the end.
jjbrown

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 10:09:50 AM »

???

If I were doing a poll. I would be more realistic in my choices knowing that this is a serious knockout tournament. Strengths and weakness and a team's potential should be validated to a poll. Sentimentality should not be a choice here. 

U really trying to sound like an idiot. In most countries in the free world, a poll can take any form it likes and can include the unlikeliest scenarios if the publisher so chooses. The most effective (and fun) polls have the most likley scenarios, but also a few unlikely ones. In any case, the scenarios do take into account the probable strengths/weaknesses of the teams, which is why the favorites more most (on paper), JA, Haiti and T&T qualify in 3 of the 5 scenarios..more than any other teams. Why be such a whiner...you have 3 combinations where JA qualifies..pick one and shut up or move one. The polls choices do not have to show the 5 most likely scenarios according to you. In any case, if you could be honest with yourself for one second you will see that all the scenarios except the last are extremely likely...and we all know that anything can happen in football..so it is good to throw in a 'wild-card scenario'. Polls serve many different purposes...the last scenario could indicate to the publisher how many people out there are contrarian, or are tired of the ususal suspects getting to the final round of qualifying. Nothing to do with sentimentality and really none of your business. Anyway, grow up. You are adding nothing of vaue to this thread by crying about nothing. In this poll you only have to be happy with one scenario..the rest really should not concern you. steeups

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 10:14:09 AM »

???

wateva  ???

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 10:18:47 AM »

???

wateva  ???
Keep one hat on. Two very different responses boggles my mind. Which do I respond to?
jjbrown

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 02:31:31 PM »

Group F
Trinidad & Tobago (host)

Group G
Jamaica (host)
Haiti
Bermuda (group A winner)

True, they beat Cuba and I believe they either drew Haiti or lost just 0-1. However, they mostly play at home. Their success may not be an indication of their real strenght. Anyway, one of their players (Fana?) is very good.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2006, 05:39:14 PM »
Defend ur country!?!?! wat tha hell does dat have to do w/ football. itz called the beautiful game becuz it brings ppl togetha, not cuz it's a way to say my country's better than urs. I created this topic but not for ppl like u kid. The reggae boyz win games, and they lose games....simple as dat, grow up

Look at my posts and RF"s. Notice the difference. I'm me. Different. I have made a valid choice to respond to posts that belittle Jamaica. This choice was made after months of reading posts that curse and begrudge Jamaica with little or no response from RF. I made it my choice to come on this forum and defend my country.
As Clint Eastwood said in For A Few Dollars More. "NOW WE START!"

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2006, 06:19:22 PM »
I AM defending Jamaica's football. I am talking about certain posts that deserves certain responses.
jjbrown

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2006, 07:45:42 PM »
I AM defending Jamaica's football. I am talking about certain posts that deserves certain responses.

Ask youself this question...does anyuone give a damn?  ??? Why come on a Soca Warriors site and try and shove Jamaica down peoples' throats? If people dissing Jamaica on the RBZ site ah could understand yuh stance, buh doh come on a frigging Trini site and wa' play yuh trying tuh pull rank. Make ah turn!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2006, 10:23:37 PM »
TnT, Jamaica, Haiti

my pick

1]; } ?>