April 18, 2024, 04:36:49 PM

Author Topic: Who is to blame? The youths or adults?  (Read 7091 times)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Who is to blame? The youths or adults?
« on: August 29, 2006, 07:17:33 PM »
   Now to begin my topic let me just say the subject header is rehtorical! I woudl like this thread to be positive and be a disscussion.
   I am a relative newbie to this forum. Prior to my joining i had been observing the going-ons for some months. Football made me visit but the vibe and people made me stay. I was of the opnion (one which i still maintain) that by and large the people who grace this forum are a good representation   (i would hope) of what we would like trini to be portayed as.
Now ot the matter at hand. Lately however the ole talk and picong has morphed into disrespect. There are people of all ages  and sex "in" here and everyone of us...of every age should eb aware of that. Disrespect by the younger members to older members shouldnt be tolerated, indeed any disrespcet shouldnt but grant me a min let me try to explain in my long winded method of typing.
   If 2 adults engage in cussin and bacanal then thats thier affair to the extent that they adults, i am nto syaing its right i am saying its adults. Nonetheless in no way shoudl the disrespect of minors be tolerated to the elders in here ..and by elders i refer to age not lentgh of time on the forum.
I am, as guilty as every other adult in here of not nipping it in the bud and in fact to encouraging it eithe r by giving basket or by sheer indifference. 
     I decided to write this after having a conversation with anohter forumite and looking at an argument back and forth between 2 other individuals. Worse has been said in this forum , much worse but its not what had been said..but to whom the posts had been directed and the level of respect that was displayed.
   I have utmost respect for both posters, but the younger of the 2 said things that would have led to my permanent dependance on false teeth if i had said as youth man growing up.  Let me interate its not what was said its the manner of respect displayed.
      There is no way disresect by a teenager to someone over the age of  30 should be fostered. My mother once apologised to me and said..that her generation had failed ours. Is this cycle to continue?
i hope not!!
 i know i share my ideas un co hesively at times. I am jus typing now as things come to mind, only care i am taking is with my typing.
 i dont know why the mods didnt do somehting about it? 

Younger ones regardless of intelligence or "maturity" will quicker immmate thier elders, than adults will other adults. More or less we set in our ways for good or bad. They still definenig themsleves. impressionable.. whether they feel so or not.
when we encourage the talk,  we not encouraging jus picong we encouraging the burgenoning  lack of morals in our society
 i dont know what kind of reaction this will cause. i hope it does lead to some action. i would really hate for this forum to degenerate into a rum shop..no wait i am worng not rum shop. PInto Rd arima ...tha tis what i am afraid it end up like.. It have to many educated pesons and  professionals in here to allow this to happen. i done for now. i will modify as i see fit.
 lord fadda i just read what i wrote and i sorry for you guys when u ahve to read it. However i wrote it as it came to mind.
  i know alot of ppl will scoff at this and alot will have "other" opnions ot render.. fuh now i done.

Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who is to blame? The youths or adults?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 07:25:49 PM »
Organic, u are a teacher like myself so i know you deal with the youths on a daily basis.  i too have observed the goings on for some time but, like someone else pointed out, there are alot of internet badmen who, upon sighting a felow forumite will boil down like bhaji.  yes, i think that to some extent this new generation are a far cry from what we were growing up but i think that the causes for that are many-will probably take all day to debate them.

part of the blame must lie upon us, the elders, i mean look how some of us carry on sometimes. the youths learn from what they see us do, so is up to us to pull up our socks and show the youths the right and not the wrong

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 07:28:22 PM »
Organic, u are a teacher like myself so i know you deal with the youths on a daily basis. i too have observed the goings on for some time but, like someone else pointed out, there are alot of internet badmen who, upon sighting a felow forumite will boil down like bhaji. yes, i think that to some extent this new generation are a far cry from what we were growing up but i think that the causes for that are many-will probably take all day to debate them.

part of the blame must lie upon us, the elders, i mean look how some of us carry on sometimes. the youths learn from what they see us do, so is up to us to pull up our socks and show the youths the right and not the wrong

i whole heartedly agree with this statement...we teach  by example...

d young should not only have respect for their elders...it works both ways...
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 07:33:32 PM »
Organic, u are a teacher like myself so i know you deal with the youths on a daily basis. i too have observed the goings on for some time but, like someone else pointed out, there are alot of internet badmen who, upon sighting a felow forumite will boil down like bhaji. yes, i think that to some extent this new generation are a far cry from what we were growing up but i think that the causes for that are many-will probably take all day to debate them.

i whole heartedly agree with this statement...we teach  by example...

d young should not only have respect for their elders...it works both ways...
yes it does... dais y we failing. my pt. i eh picking on de youths...i talkgin about US DE ELDERS....
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 07:33:58 PM »
Organic i dont care what anybody says...in my opinion this is an excellent post! we really need to step up and make a difference...make the changes as we see fit! allowing blatant disrespect to go un corrected is just as bad as watching children cuss out one another...it develops in to far worse things if not corrected in the earlies. younger ones should have utmost respect for adults....familiar ones or not! and likewise...adults should know that they will only get the respect they give to young people! this whole respect thing is a two way street...but it a very important one! without respect for one another...civilization gone to the dogs!

its just sad that things have to get so bad that a forumite felt the need to put this in writing.
FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline general's daughter

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 07:49:05 PM »
   Now to begin my topic let me just say the subject header is rehtorical! I woudl like this thread to be positive and be a disscussion.
   I am a relative newbie to this forum. Prior to my joining i had been observing the going-ons for some months. Football made me visit but the vibe and people made me stay. I was of the opnion (one which i still maintain) that by and large the people who grace this forum are a good representation   (i would hope) of what we would like trini to be portayed as.
Now ot the matter at hand. Lately however the ole talk and picong has morphed into disrespect. There are people of all ages  and sex "in" here and everyone of us...of every age should eb aware of that. Disrespect by the younger members to older members shouldnt be tolerated, indeed any disrespcet shouldnt but grant me a min let me try to explain in my long winded method of typing.
   If 2 adults engage in cussin and bacanal then thats thier affair to the extent that they adults, i am nto syaing its right i am saying its adults. Nonetheless in no way shoudl the disrespect of minors be tolerated to the elders in here ..and by elders i refer to age not lentgh of time on the forum.
I am, as guilty as every other adult in here of not nipping it in the bud and in fact to encouraging it eithe r by giving basket or by sheer indifference. 
     I decided to write this after having a conversation with anohter forumite and looking at an argument back and forth between 2 other individuals. Worse has been said in this forum , much worse but its not what had been said..but to whom the posts had been directed and the level of respect that was displayed.
   I have utmost respect for both posters, but the younger of the 2 said things that would have led to my permanent dependance on false teeth if i had said as youth man growing up.  Let me interate its not what was said its the manner of respect displayed.
      There is no way disresect by a teenager to someone over the age of  30 should be fostered. My mother once apologised to me and said..that her generation had failed ours. Is this cycle to continue?
i hope not!!
 i know i share my ideas un co hesively at times. I am jus typing now as things come to mind, only care i am taking is with my typing.

Younger ones regardless of intelligence or "maturity" will quicker immmate thier elders, than adults will other adults. More or less we set in our ways for good or bad. They still definenig themsleves. impressionable.. whether they feel so or not.
when we encourage the talk,  we not encouraging jus picong we encouraging the burgenoning  lack of morals in our society
 i dont know what kind of reaction this will cause. i hope it does lead to some action. i would really hate for this forum to degenerate into a rum shop..no wait i am worng not rum shop. PInto Rd arima ...tha tis what i am afraid it end up like.. It have to many educated pesons and  professionals in here to allow this to happen. i done for now. i will modify as i see fit.
 lord fadda i just read what i wrote and i sorry for you guys when u ahve to read it. However i wrote it as it came to mind.
  i know alot of ppl will scoff at this and alot will have "other" opnions ot render.. fuh now i done.

it is truly sad that a thread of this nature has made it to the forum...especially since most and i say MOST members are of the age we call adults so loosely.  RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT ie yuh give none yuh get none, and in the same breathe if you mudsling it is natural that you expect the same in return, we live what we learn and for those of us who like to pride ourselves as being adults we should remember that.  Please note that not all of us turn the proverbial cheek, when we are attacked personally and publicly all 10 commandments and civil reasoning fly out the door, and we fight to the death to defend our humility...

so to all and sundry lets go back to "i wonder how i would feel if someone was to belittle me like this?" before we post we load ah crap here...and if it is yuh having a freaking bad day...buy a punching bag or go get yuhself laid....

I gone.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 07:52:59 PM »
i hope not!!

it is truly sad that a thread of this nature has made it to the forum...especially since most and i say MOST members are of the age we call adults so loosely.   :applause: :applause: :applause: ie yuh give none yuh get none, and in the same breathe if you mudsling it is natural that you expect the same in return, we live what we learn and for those of us who like to pride ourselves as being adults we should remember that.  Please note that not all of us turn the proverbial cheek, when we are attacked personally and publicly all 10 commandments and civil reasoning fly out the door, and we fight to the death to defend our humility...

so to all and sundry lets go back to "i wonder how i would feel if someone was to belittle me like this?" before we post we load ah crap here...and if it is yuh having a freaking bad day...buy a punching bag or go get yuhself laid....

I gone.

exaclty...dais y i was calling on ALL DE ELDERS in de forum to do somin. i wasnt picking on any one individual of any age or sex or discription. and i was actually making my appeal to de adults to set said  example. if i BECAUS EOF MEH TYPING NO DOUBT
that got losse din translation i sorry but all u guys are reiterating meh pt. I NTO CALLING OUT NAYONE . IN FACT I ALSO HOLD MY SELF CULPABALE. I WANT NO INDIVIDUAL TO FELT "CALLED" OUT BY THIS POST. IT WA SMEANT AS A GENERAL INITIATIVE

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 08:06:18 PM »
wow!! I just...wow!!. I am in awe

Organic...I cant beleive it

You write damn near ah book, with no dyslexia at all  :o
Ah mean look at de ting it have paragraphs and punctuation and good spellin an ting
but most of all paragraphs

ah was in shock.....but den ah see yuh return to your oldl self after a couple posts
so ah glad tings back to normal  :beermug:

oh and in answer to your original topic question
I can say unequivocally...Stern John is to blame
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 08:10:10 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 08:26:14 PM »
I know very soon this thread will drift into oblivion..dais de norm..once pl had thier fill. but how much will suffice. eh...this in my humble opnion is a serious issue. ppl will view.. whether they post or not is cool.hope they take somin outta it.positive.  jus sad however that because its not it snot bacnal..some naked woman..ro some cuss out or bacanl it wil die a qick and unwanted painless death.
so is our society now i must conclude
jus wanted the post to eb serious maybe i shulda
have th etopic heading like....WHO RAPING THE YOUTHS... OR FUS WE IS JACKASSES TODAY.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 08:41:30 PM »
Oh allright fine

yuh twis mih arm to give ah 'mature' big people answer

Look folks..this is the internet...cyber, fake...nuttn here is real...nobody here have a real name
If jefferz did never post he pic, age or nuttn...den everybody wpulda always assume he is ah big man an ting woulda go on till it fizzle out

I eh tink youths like jefferz, dookie de corporal daughter or nobody can have their real life influenced by a few clash posts on a message board

Granted people have met, and your real life upbringing is what will determine the way you interact with the handful of people on the board

the youths that we should be concerned about doh post here......at risk youth have real problems in real life
 a few posts wont alter anyones behaviour,,behaviour is dictated by your real life upbrnging and personal interactions with friends and family.........somebody vex yuh..switch off.&.you win
if you feel the need to 'fight back' dais you........................i ha popcorn

If anybody ever let ah message board emotionally get to dem...is time to switch off yuh computer for a few days and hang out in real life till you figure out de difference

Its cyber space people,,,like cyber sex its all fake..everybody on an equal footing in here
if anyting get overly offensive...de ting could simply be removed by a moderator..poof...like it never happen

You tink you go ever see me in ah heated argument on ah internet board with anybody??
never happen!!!

yuh tink berris does fight wit everybody he meet in real life so?
let de people clash...but is still stern fault

check how easy dis ting does work.....I goin an watch ah movie now..in real life..so ah pressin mih off button and.poof,, ah gorne

none allyuh doh exist  :heehee:  <---- he eh real neither by the way
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 08:44:18 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 08:57:12 PM »
nice post organic. i agree with alot of what has been said so far, but hesitate to point the finger at the "elders".

as i see it, internet forums are a unique entity amongst other forms of communication. i was trying to figure out what exactly is an internet forum equivalent to in other forms. it is unlike a group conversation, because everything is recorded and allows for participants to go back and comment on past posts - something that people usually don't do in conversation. moreover, it's evident (too often) that the point of some threads is not to reach a common understanding (which is often the case in a face-to-face conversation) but some other goal (have the last word, hijack the thread, etc.). in fact, elaborating on this a bit further, it shares similarities with yelling at the screen in the theater - some people simply want an audience for their comments. there are also quite a few lurkers that aren't interested in posting at all but read some of the threads for their own reasons. a few of the pornographers that posted here earlier were looking to use it for commercial purposes.

the conclusion is that there are a few different uses of the internet forum; a multi-purpose medium. i think this complicates what i see as an underlying current in your text - that the forum implies a relationship between the poster and the reader. i think this might not be the case all the time.

from this perspective, maybe the "elders" that were highlighted in my first paragraph could be considered "those that desire respectful communication" as opposed to those that use the forum to vent or start up a set of out-of-time talk for whatever purposes (i.e. to get attention).

another way of looking at this is that participants have different levels of commitment to what they write (or read). some don't even remember what came out of their mouth 5 seconds before, others are very careful with whatever they write. they have this "freedom" of commitment only because some feel that their commitment ends when they log out. this too makes the internet forum unique.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 09:17:45 PM »
Oh allright fine

Look folks..this is the internet...cyber, fake...nuttn here is real...nobody here have a real name
If jefferz did never post he pic, age or nuttn...den everybody wpulda always assume he is ah big man an ting woulda go on till it fizzle out

I eh tink youths like jefferz, dookie de corporal daughter or nobody can have their real life influenced by a few clash posts on a message board

Granted people have met, and your real life upbringing is what will determine the way you interact with the handful of people on the board

the youths that we should be concerned about doh post here......at risk youth have real problems in real life
 a few posts wont alter anyones behaviour,,behaviour is dictated by your real life upbrnging and personal interactions with friends and family.........somebody vex yuh..switch off.&.you win
if you feel the need to 'fight back' dais you........................i ha popcorn

If anybody ever let ah message board emotionally get to dem...is time to switch off yuh computer for a few days and hang out in real life till you figure out de difference

Its cyber space people,,,like cyber sex its all fake..everybody on an equal footing in here
if anyting get overly offensive...de ting could simply be removed by a moderator..poof...like it never happen

You tink you go ever see me in ah heated argument on ah internet board with anybody??
never happen!!!

check how easy dis ting does work.....I goin an watch ah movie now..in real life..so ah pressin mih off button and.poof,, ah gorne

all vaild pts dutty..but internet or not
it is part of society..and a vital part at that. u cannot dismiss it as merely faker..not real..it make not be tangible..but it is very much real.
as a teacher this is one of the new methods we in corportae in instruction.. in a few yrs it will eb come one of the main media for teahcing.
 y cant it extend to our day to day living. everyhtign is connectd. in this day and age.
if some one is impresinallble...in what u call real life..dontu think wiht all this information at thier finger tips..is now self they impressionable.
and everybody is not the same..but u r a big man. dais meh pt..your head hard already.  now berris ah jus using u as an example as dutty did eh..lol
if berris wanna argude and cuss dais up to him...but if he do it in front yuh chile..in de st...hmmmmmm wah u go say then?
meh pt is....u may nto argue..berris may...dookie..may nto be impresonable but another might be. but i eh tlkaing bout dat
i talkign about examples we set.....

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 09:29:06 PM »
nice post organic. i agree with alot of what has been said so far, but hesitate to point the finger at the "elders".

as i see it, internet forums are a unique entity amongst other forms of communication. i was trying to figure out what exactly is an internet forum equivalent to in other forms. it is unlike a group conversation, because everything is recorded and allows for participants to go back and comment on past posts - something that people usually don't do in conversation. moreover, it's evident (too often) that the point of some threads is not to reach a common understanding (which is often the case in a face-to-face conversation) but some other goal (have the last word, hijack the thread, etc.). in fact, elaborating on this a bit further, it shares similarities with yelling at the screen in the theater - some people simply want an audience for their comments. there are also quite a few lurkers that aren't interested in posting at all but read some of the threads for their own reasons. a few of the pornographers that posted here earlier were looking to use it for commercial purposes.

the conclusion is that there are a few different uses of the internet forum; a multi-purpose medium. i think this complicates what i see as an underlying current in your text - that the forum implies a relationship between the poster and the reader. i think this might not be the case all the time.

from this perspective, maybe the "elders" that were highlighted in my first paragraph could be considered "those that desire respectful communication" as opposed to those that use the forum to vent or start up a set of out-of-time talk for whatever purposes (i.e. to get attention).

another way of looking at this is that participants have different levels of commitment to what they write (or read). some don't even remember what came out of their mouth 5 seconds before, others are very careful with whatever they write. they have this "freedom" of commitment only because some feel that their commitment ends when they log out. this too makes the internet forum unique.
:applause: :applause: :applause:
thnaks very much for the post ribbit.
 this is de kinda discussion i wanted...things for us all to tink about.

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 09:30:41 PM »
Oh allright fine

never happen!!!

all vaild pts dutty..but internet or not
it is part of society..and a vital part at that. u cannot dismiss it as merely faker..not real..it make not be tangible..but it is very much real.
as a teacher this is one of the new methods we in corportae in instruction.. in a few yrs it will eb come one of the main media for teahcing.
 y cant it extend to our day to day living. everyhtign is connectd. in this day and age.
if some one is impresinallble...in what u call real life..dontu think wiht all this information at thier finger tips..is now self they impressionable.
and everybody is not the same..but u r a big man. dais meh pt..your head hard already.  now berris ah jus using u as an example as dutty did eh..lol
if berris wanna argude and cuss dais up to him...but if he do it in front yuh chile..in de st...hmmmmmm wah u go say then?
meh pt is....u may nto argue..berris may...dookie..may nto be impresonable but another might be. but i eh tlkaing bout dat
i talkign about examples we set.....

good point Organic... :applause: :applause: :applause:
FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 06:40:57 AM »
Ladies and gents.. I don't have time to read all the posts on this topic since I'm kinda busy today, however I'd like to make a brief comment on an observation I've been forced to see..

Do you realize that we have become a society where we try to explain or justify everything bad by blaming someone or something? I remember when I was a youth people would say he jus bad... but these days it have:

- he come from ah broken home
- he frens make him tun out so
- rap videos
- he need meds to keep him from being hyper etc
- he was abused (this one really irks me)
- he mudda neva home
- he deprived... only 5 pairs ah designer jeans
- to much video games
- etc..you get the picture

What ever happened to "he just bad"?

I have 3 kids, living in the same house, same food, same clothes, same relatives, same parents..yet it have one just BAD!

ah gone.. back to the saltmine

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 06:56:11 AM »
Ah sorry.  I have to agree with Dutty on dis one. If yuh saying everyone should respect each other more and stop de personal attacks cause it getting ridiculous, I will whole heartedly agree.  But to single out de younger generation on dis board(even though I know that's not yuh intention) is wrong IMO.  If 2 adults cussing each other on an internet forum...I doh see no difference in a teeenager and an adult cussing...there has to be a mutual respect...it doh go one way at all....

e.g. take jefferz and "cocowhatever her name is"
Hypothetically speaking if we didn't know the age of the jefferz would it be ok then?...

Organic dis statement I doh agree with at all:
"Disrespect by the younger members to older members shouldnt be tolerated, indeed any disrespcet shouldnt but grant me a min let me try to explain in my long winded method of typing."

I will like to modify yuh post to how I see it,
"Disrespect and personal attacks to any member should not be tolerated."

That being said, I think we getting a little too senstive with this issue....

Jefferz ain't no little boy(even though he's just 17 or whatever)....the man living in trinidad too, so you really feel he taking on dese little spats on a internet forum.....I'm sure de man doh disrespect elders in real life....

I think all these personal attacks/disrespect stem from certain posters who can't handle picong, and they reply back with vindictive posts, and it's just escalate from dere......people just have to know where to draw de line

my 2 cents  :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 07:02:38 AM by lickslikefire »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006, 08:01:54 AM »
  Organic I think you overreacting.
What start to go on here is forumitis which is a degenerative desease.
From ever since there was man cussing out each other , I used to just check the site out every now and then for the kicks (the cuss outs).

Anyhow what has happened recently is that the membership has become much larger than say 6 mths ago and people make posts and expect to get responses and dont, the reason is because those posts are usualy just point of views on a particular subject that you probably would read and say "ok no response neccessary"
But we are all exhibitionists and that definitely is not sufficient.
Forumitis develops, the first post that starts the degenerration would be a feeler like "yuh dont' know what yuh talking bout".
When is time to seek therapy is when post come out like " Yuh fadder had sh*t fuh brains and yuh mudder get sell fuh bacon after she make yuh"
In between that progression some of us follow the cross talk avidly and even interject which gives the forumitis sufferers more bait.

So we are all to blame for the malaise that has come over the site.
 One other thing to observe here is that most of this occurs on this General Discussion Board where the topics have gotten raunchy recently and this too has allowed the bacchanalists to express themselves.

So I suggest we ignore the young and the old for awhile and just leave things to the very young, middle aged and very old.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 09:49:34 AM »
First let me start my post by offering an apology to anyone whom I may have offended in any of my earlier posts.

I had decided that I was not going to publicly respond to this post and had shared my personal thoughts by PM to a few individuals.  However, given that my involvement in another thread may have precipitated this one, I felt that I should also respond publicly.

If any one reads my posts on other threads, I do not use cuss words or derogetory remarks about a person's personal looks etc. to make a point.  I disagree and agree to disagree and on an occasion where someone said that I took their post incorrectly, I apologised.  I am not too old to do so when necessary.  Where I clashed with a couple individuals on this board is where the poster attempted to the use the cloak of the internet to be nasty.  Maybe my responses came off no better and for this, I again apologise.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 12:30:45 PM »
thnaks everyone for commenting. everyone.
licks...if u look at the statement u quoted from me i did say no disrespect should be tolerated..i quote" indeed any disrespcet shouldnt"
 gone boy..thanks..and u also agreed with me...when i said we ar all to blame.  ;D

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 01:08:58 PM »
I have ah question wah your problem with pinto  :rotfl: ,them men use jumbee you oh wha you from up there to ein"t ;D

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 01:16:47 PM »
I have ah question wah your problem with pinto  :rotfl: ,them men use jumbee you oh wha you from up there to ein"t ;D
yes i si a pinto man..lol..so i can say what about there..cause i speak form a position of first hand knowledge
jumbee meh man ...lol is jus it use to be real nice back in de day and in my life time it transform tino ah real fuked up place..in my opnion

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 04:58:42 PM »
seemingly both sides deserve stick... however such is life i suppose...

atleast we have recognized what the problem is... this way we shouldnt make the mistake... we probably will and yet i feel it wont be severe enough to really bother anyone... cant be too slack and yet yuh cant choke yourself.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dyansie

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2006, 02:51:34 PM »
seemingly both sides deserve stick... however such is life i suppose...

atleast we have recognized what the problem is... this way we shouldnt make the mistake... we probably will and yet i feel it wont be severe enough to really bother anyone... cant be too slack and yet yuh cant choke yourself.

I Agreeeee

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2006, 07:28:09 PM »
Oh allright fine

never happen!!!

Organic this is ah very good thread but Dutty response above explains it all
...for those who don't get it,this is not real ...yes we discuss true topics and talk about real ppl,but here everyone is equal,well except for de mods ;D,...I cud be Hasely Crawford giving Ato stick,or Stern John giving TI picong, who knows,dais de beauty of de internet...nothing is personal...I have had 1 or 2 fight on this board  ::) ::)  (Dutty hush yuh blasted mouth ;D) that I feel went overboard and I have sent pm msgs just to show that it's nothing personal and apologized...
 In  real life face to face, if someone walks up to you and tell yuh mudda so and so you have the option to leave them in their ignorance and walk away or look to fight, Here it eh have no small,big,ugly,goodlooking,
black,white, everyone is equal and look like writing to me,well execpt Jefferz ah cud see he  ;D nobody cyar disrespect me here, when ah man tell me hymc all I seeing is letters, how dat suppose to get me vex to de point wey I huffing and puffing behind mey computer...and as Dutty say if dey get
under yuh skin  all yuh have to do is click on de  X  in de far upper right corner and make everyone dissappear.....POOF 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 07:47:49 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

truetrini

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 12:25:24 AM »
well i am an educator also...was once ind eclassromm and also an administrator.

allyuh on kicks oui.  dis is de internet..not real space...is cybe space.

anyway allyuh tell meh who dis is.  Tuh me he is de biggest jackass on dis board!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
makes nugatory posts.
frequently engages in desultory talk.
makes arguements that are often objurgated.
oftentimes find himself himself the cynosure of every eye in the forum?

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 06:28:41 AM »

anyway allyuh tell meh who dis is.  Tuh me he is de biggest jackass on dis board!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
makes nugatory posts.
THANKS FOR D ECOMMENTS AGAIN PPL
TT. IF THIS SI JUS CYBER SPACE..... AND NOT TEAL
how come you are often seen arguing seen arguing ,obviously vehemently with a certian individual?
if i follow your train of thought properly then u shouldnt even pay any mind to the delsultory, obdurated and nugatory posts... with as much attention that u do. but 
again thanks for you opnion.
and post.

truetrini

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2006, 12:33:52 PM »

makes nugatory posts.
how come you are often seen arguing seen arguing ,obviously vehemently with a certian individual?
if i follow your train of thought properly then u shouldnt even pay any mind to the delsultory, obdurated and nugatory posts... with as much attention that u do. but 
and post.

excuse me, but as a fellow educator, you well know it is our desire to show others the path to enlightenment, even when they vehemently refuse it. 

ahhhhhhh  the burdens of being a sage.  besides eh breds, dat is all kicks to me....yuh feel TI orn any other braying jackass could make my blood pressure boil?  I have too much going on in my life tuh let he get under my skin.

I fell down 12 ft  almost died and he tried to insinuate dat I somehow lied and grand charge about going tuh ede WC?
he is ah real asshole..and is TI I talking about.   He is insignificant except in his own brain stem.  de man living with he modder anf fadder still for heaven's sake.  steups.

and organic, me eh calling yuh hypocrite and ting eh, but is not you who does incite shit sometimes and sit down with popcorn to watch de fur fly?

but I will admit that I tend to be witty in a sardonic way when dealing with TI.  Maybe I should just avoid the animadversion when I reply to his posts?
But his bombast makes it very difficult for me to ignore his posts and, I find him to be one who possesses an enviable superabundance of imagination, suffers from a less enviable logorrhea.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 12:50:30 PM by truetrini »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2006, 12:53:04 PM »

makes nugatory posts.
and post.

excuse me, but as a fellow educator, you well know it is our desire to show others the path to enlightenment, even when they vehemently refue it.  but  do i spend so much time attacking him?  it is so easy tuh do, maybe I am jes ah cyber bully, or maybe yuh eh long enough tuh really know de fool?

ahhhhhhh  the burdens of being a sage.  besides eh breds, dat is all kicks to me....yuh feel TI orn any other braying jackass could make my blood pressure boil?  I have too much going on in my life tuh let he get under my skin.

seriously, yuh doh see dat de man does attack me jes so?

I fell down 12 ft  almost died and he tried to insinuate dat I somehow lied and grand charge about going tuh ede WC?
he is ah real asshole..and is TI I talking about.   He is insignificant except in his own brain stem.  de man living with he modder anf fadder still for hesaven's sake.  steups.

and organic, me eh calling yuh hypocrite and ting eh, but is not you who does incite shit sometimes and sit down with popcorn to watch de fur fly?
yes.....i does incite and push picong..and  but between adults is one thign.
remebe rin my thread i was focusiing specifically on respect towards elders. adult to adult..is allyuh bizz insofar as we hadda relaise u still have rules and stardards.
 but i do think in my opnion is..dat at least in that above mentioned situation  he got under your skin. cause those statements wasnt, as far as i coudl see "all kicks".
btw thnaks for not calling meha h hippocrite...

truetrini

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2006, 01:16:00 PM »
fella you is de best oui....i serious too, yuh bring jocund repartees tuh de board and I for one like yuh posts dem.  Keep dem coming.

If yuh look closely, I does hardly post on de football forum again..too much jackassness.

But seriously, I doh take he on, he is ah fowl bamsee, and very nebbish too.

Keep de good posts and dem rolling....yuh add ah new flavor here, and was getting very tired ah de processed posts so ah welcome someting Organic ;D

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2006, 04:25:19 PM »
I actually read almost every post on this thread ... good thread

Nice to be back after being away for almost three weeks.

So here is my point of view

Respectful behaviour is a value that is acquired over life and is learnt from the community.

So ultimately, it falls to the elders in a society to initiate the teaching.  However, based on anecdotal observations, behaving in a respectful manner is not something that is acquired after a single lesson,  I believe that the learning is continuous, until the end of our lives.

The adults have the advantage of years experience in which to differentiate between disrespectful and respectful behaviour.  A disrespectful child is easier to tolerate because we can give him/her the benefit of doubt and use the moment as an opportunity to teach.  An adult, on the other hand, should know better.  Unfortunately, many adults, myself included, sometimes lapse.  Hopfully, we can recognize the behaviour and consciously try to modify our behaviour based on these experiences.  But look at the world today, and many adults do not seem to understand respect and at the extreme situation, these behaviours often manifest in hostility between individuals and wars between nations.

Organic, by and large, I think you hit the nail on the head in your post (although I disagree with your point that adult to adults is different that youth to elder).

TT, I think you are still missing the point despite your protestations that you "doh take he on".

Just imagine .... if someone disses you, instead of reacting in similar bad behaviour, we used that moment to teach ... just imagine what such a community would look like.

As adults, we have that opportunity.

And this cyber community is just as real as a real community.  Ppl meet and interact.  In fact, what we say and do is recorded for all to see.  How many ppl have found out the hard way that what they write can come back to haunt them.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

1]; } ?>