April 19, 2024, 04:52:44 AM

Author Topic: Carlos Tevez Thread.  (Read 49513 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Carlos Tevez Thread.
« on: August 07, 2006, 01:46:03 PM »
Tevez could be on the move
By Mark Buckingham -  Created on 7 Aug 2006
WIN A PORSCHE BOXSTER
The famous car has speed, looks and, even better, can be won in this free prize draw!

Related links
Team Pages:
Manchester United
Player Pages:
Carlos Tevez
Argentina international Carlos Tevez could leave Corinthians, according to the Brazilian club's chief investor Kia Joorabchian.

Tevez's future with Corinthians has been cloudy of late after a bust-up with supporters last month over a gesture towards the fans.

Though the forward apologised for his indiscretion, he conceded it could be tough for him to stay in Brazil.

He has repeatedly been linked with a move to a major European club and some reports claim Tevez has been offered to Manchester United.

Joorabchian, who has recently questioned his own position with Corinthians, did not reveal if any clubs had bid for the 22-year-old.

But the Iranian businessman did admit that he could no longer guarantee that Tevez will stay with his current side.

"I guaranteed Tevez's permanence at other times, but I cannot do the same now," Joorabchian told Radio Bandeirantes.

"Even so, it is sad thinking about him going.

"I do not know if he will go tomorrow, in the next month or at the end of the year.

"It depends on him."
http://home.skysports.com/transferarticle.aspx?hlid=408431

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:07:08 PM by Flex »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Tevez could be on the move
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 01:57:44 PM »
I forgot to ask who do you think is a better forward Torres or Tevez and why?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 05:02:46 PM »

Umm ... i think TEvez and Torres are probably exactly the same....it is very hard to compare them

i wud love for 1 to come

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 06:13:33 PM »

Umm ... i think TEvez and Torres are probably exactly the same....it is very hard to compare them

i wud love for 1 to come

we would take Tevez at villareal any day ! in fact we may be a little below the super financiers but we have done well with what we have. tevez may be too much although Villareal did bid 18m Euros for ¨Kun ¨

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 03:52:24 AM »

i wud love for 1 to come

we would take Tevez at villareal any day ! in fact we may be a little below the super financiers but we have done well with what we have. tevez may be too much although Villareal did bid 18m Euros for ¨Kun ¨

Did u watch the friendly match the other day Newcastle 3 Villareal 3

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 04:47:43 AM »

i wud love for 1 to come

2 different players. They would probably complement each other well. Tevez is superior imo...is a goalscorer and playmaker. A better dribbler and can fall deep and damage you. Even so, he is a better goal scorer than Torres and his touch is better. Torres is more of a pure finisher who is very young and is still developing. His touch is a little clumsy at times but he is fast and strong. I think he is more one dimensional than Tevez. Torres had a decent WC and hopefully that will help accelerate his development from a 13 goal per season to a 20+goal per season striker. 3 years ago scored 19 goals in one season but has not lived up to his promise with 16 goals the season after and 13 goals last season. like I said..still young, but his goal tally needs to start going in the other direction.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 05:25:28 AM »

i wud love for 1 to come

Did u watch the friendly match the other day Newcastle 3 Villareal 3

nope missed it but read the report on the website. When the WC boys are added to the team it should be even stronger. Pires is a good addition and I really hope Senna stays.
The first game of La liga will be against Real madrid ...wild hoses wont keep me from that one !

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 07:11:45 AM »
I like the fact that Torres is purely a hitman. Sides need dat.
Tevez has very good dribbling ability, but like all dribblers, he can overdo it at times.
I don't know if Tevez could finish as well as Torres either
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 10:18:01 AM »
tevez is ah talented player but like yuh say he does hold de ball too blasted long.he is also ah finisher.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 05:09:06 PM »
I like the fact that Torres is purely a hitman. Sides need dat.
Tevez has very good dribbling ability, but like all dribblers, he can overdo it at times.
I don't know if Tevez could finish as well as Torres either

lets just not forget that Tevez was voted the south american footballer of the year playing for Corinthians two seasons ago. he was also the leading goalscorer for the team which won the championship. He was the leading scorer in the olympics with 8 goals ...a record ...should i continue ???

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 09:13:10 PM »
I not disregarding anything that Tevez has accomplished.
I think that he is a boss and I like his play a lot.
I just saying that Torres seems, at least to me, to be more of a finisher.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tevez & Man U ???
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 12:56:48 PM »
Article is from GOAL.COM 8/11/2006
Red Devil Charlie?

Manchester United is willing to offer Corinthians US$28 million for an unhappy Apache

In an attempt to replace Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Sir Alex Ferguson looks to Brazil to obtain the services of one of the reigning three-time South American Player of the Year.  According to British newspaper The Daily Star, the Manchester boss asked team brass to make the economic sacrifice for the player in order to have dependable attacking option alongside Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo.  According to sources within the club, the transaction should be finalized within the next few days.

Another team that rings in Carlos’ future is Barcelona as the fans and directors would like to see him alongside Lionel Messi on the same attacking front, although Sports Director Txiki Beguiristain mentioned a few weeks earlier that Barca already close their book for the upcoming season. 

Tevez relationship has always been on the highest of highs and lowest of lows.since his arrival from Boca Juniors in late 2004 with a much ballyhooed US $18 million price tag over his head, a South American record. He was also the first high profile name brought on board by the Kia Joorabchian-led Media Sports Investments (MSI). Amid a tempestuous start, Tevez led Corinthians to the Brasileirão title last year and was awarded the Player of the Year Award.  Unfortunately, that was all forgotten in the past few months as the Timão fell to last place in the Brazilian National Tournament.  His relationship went south with the fans as well as he was harassed by the Gavioes da Fiel (Hawks of the Faithful), one of the club’s most hardcore group of followers, after he “silenced” them during a match against Fortaleza a few weeks back.  He felt the repercussions after the match when the automobile he was traveling in was attacked by a mob of fans right outside the Pacaembu Stadium.

The situation seemed to have settled down a bit now that their team is no longer in the basement and Tevez is scoring once again; but this will not heal the scar that was left in the Argentine international’s psyche as he now fears for the safety of his family.

Juan Arango

Honestly this would be a great buy for Man U if they could pull it off. They are hurting to get some high calibre players in the squad. I hope it happens ::)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Tevez & Man U ???
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 01:02:46 PM »
He will be as good a buy as Veron was...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 01:06:41 PM »
England is the worst place for South American footballers.
Doh waste yuh time Tevez, go Valencia instead.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 01:22:09 PM »

Well there is always an exception to the rule, if he does go. He might be just the person that can dispel the myth  :beermug:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 01:37:01 PM »
if he does make the move,that good with me.man u is meh club side and argentina meh international.so is one happy mix. :beermug:also tevez will impact man u in a very positive way.he plays with aggression.he and rooney will make mas.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 01:49:26 PM »
nice pick man u

i in a toss up as to who allyuh shud get

adriano or tevez

glory glroy man united!!!!!!!
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 04:31:38 PM »

and Kleberson

Ms que un club.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 05:23:57 PM »

Well there is always an exception to the rule, if he does go. He might be just the person that can dispel the myth  :beermug:

Gilerto Silva, Sylvinho, Edu, Heinze, Solano, Thome, De La Cruz, Asprilla, Juan Pablo Angel, Juninho Paulista and even Ozzi Ardiles back in the day, done break that myth already boss  :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 06:17:58 PM by Filho »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 06:59:09 PM »

Gilerto Silva, Sylvinho, Edu, Heinze, Solano, Thome, De La Cruz, Asprilla, Juan Pablo Angel, Juninho Paulista and even Ozzi Ardiles back in the day, done break that myth already boss  :beermug:

Not to mention Ricky Villa who scored that individual goal in an FA cup final ...., leaving several players in his wake
I cant understand why people would wish to make such sweeping statements about S outh American players in England.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 08:37:05 PM »

I eh rate Gilberto all tha much ::) and Heinze been injured too long, not familar wid Thome...other than that you good to go.

I meant it in the sense of Man Utd, as he mention Veron  :beermug:. South American players create sparks in what ever league they playing. You eh see men from Russia getting call up for Brazil ...........and I know about Ardiles, my pops is a Spurs fan long time. Easy breds  :beermug:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 07:15:21 AM »

I eh rate Gilberto all tha much ::) and Heinze been injured too long, not familar wid Thome...other than that you good to go.

I meant it in the sense of Man Utd, as he mention Veron  :beermug:. South American players create sparks in what ever league they playing. You eh see men from Russia getting call up for Brazil ...........and I know about Ardiles, my pops is a Spurs fan long time. Easy breds  :beermug:

easy  :beermug:

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 08:54:27 AM »
man u is meh club side and argentina meh international.
I thought I was the only one with the Man U / Arg....I surely wouldn't mind seeing Carlos at Man U.

well yes

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »
tevez will be a really good buy -- he is one of the best forwards in the world in my opinion and is too good not to light up europe. tevez and rooney will be pressah for defences. man u needed a good solid midfielder for a couple years now and ballack woulda be the man ideally but he blank them so they had to settle for carrick who could develop into a very good player. a
s a man u fan when yorke was with them i wouldnt mind seeing them beating chelsea in the prem this year. all in all tevez will be a bess buy

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2006, 09:26:02 AM »
rooney............c.ronaldo................tevez..........dat is real pace!!

ah love it!!

but ah know for a fact that tevez and ferguson go fall out sooner or later!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 09:28:44 AM »
rooney............c.ronaldo................tevez..........dat is real pace!!

ah love it!!

but ah know for a fact that tevez and ferguson go fall out sooner or later!!

well yeah..that is for sure...it have people ferguson doh fall out with? i give it 2 years though..fergsuon hadda humble up when he see this boy skill

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2006, 12:05:42 AM »
man u is meh club side and argentina meh international.
I thought I was the only one with the Man U / Arg....I surely wouldn't mind seeing Carlos at Man U.

ah boy,we must be familia.lol.but ah just read tevez eh comin epl.say wuh.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Arsenal gunning for Tevez
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2006, 08:36:19 AM »
AFP
August 29, 2006

LONDON (AFP) - Arsenal are set to make a 17 million pound move for want-away Argentina striker Carlos Tevez of Corinthians, newspapers have reported.

Corinthians, defending Brazilian champions, had claimed it would cost 30 million pounds to activate a clause in his contract, but the player's agent has now revealed it is actually 30 million euros - triggering an interest from Arsene Wenger, The Sun said Tuesday.

The interest in Tevez could hasten the departure of Ashley Cole to Chelsea in a 20 million pound deal.

Tevez has been in hot water with his Corinthians bosses this week after being spotted partying in Buenos Aires when he should have been training in Sao Paulo.

The biggest gripe of the 22-year-old, who arrived at Corinthians from Boca Juniors in November 2004, seems to be with new coach Emerson Leao who stripped him of the captaincy upon his arrival.

Tevez is in the Argentina squad to face Brazil on Saturday at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium and the plan is to unveil him before the game.

However, reports in the Brazilian press have claimed that Roma have already sealed a deal for Tevez.

O Estado de Sao Paulo reports that the player's agent is in Italy at the moment concluding a deal.

Tevez has been linked with a host of clubs since announcing he wanted to leave Corinthians, including Manchester United, Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal gunning for Tevez
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 08:50:08 AM »
also add one of the French clubs...think was Lyon

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal gunning for Tevez
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2006, 08:56:46 AM »