April 20, 2024, 01:17:25 AM

Author Topic: Carlos Tevez Thread.  (Read 49531 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: WestHam Players Make Tevez Wear Brazil Shirt
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2006, 04:52:13 PM »
They pasted his head onto a Brazil player photo...

10 points for whoever identifies that player's body first!
i have to say RONALDO,i have seen pics with him in that body movement

Yuh will never see Ronaldo wearing a number 8 as long as he playing fuh Brazil...he is #9 till he done. Plus in dat pic, Tevez have no belly  ;D

If it is a copy and paste job, I feel is Kaka.

I was hoping posters could identify without looking at the jersey number..

Notice how the body is feinted to the right, the slender torso structure, and yes the definite abscence of a big belly... Yeah is Kaka!!

I saw the pic in the papers and it also had his hand in the photo in that kinda artist pose kaka does do when he running...

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
United swoop for Tevez
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2007, 12:07:11 PM »
United swoop for Tevez: Sir Alex wants Argentine star on year’s loan
Manchester United have made a sensational bid to sign Carlos Tevez, the striker whose controversial move to West Ham cost the east London club a record £5.5 million fine for breaking transfer regulations.

Discussions have taken place between high-ranking Old Trafford officials and connections of Tevez, 23. Hijacking the brilliant Argentina forward from under the nose of north-west rivals Liverpool would eclipse even United’s recent £50m splash for Owen Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson
The deal, initially thought to be on a loan basis for at least a season,would depend on removing the complications which surrounded Tevez’s arrival at Upton Park last August from Brazilian club Corinthians.

The issues had deterred United manager Sir Alex Ferguson from taking up an option to sign the striker and his international team-mate, midfielder Javier Mascherano, when they were offered to United last summer.

‘Tevez was offered to everybody,’ said Ferguson. ‘We were offered both him and Mascherano but, if I remember it correctly, we weren’t sure of the deal.’

The controversial disciplinary action against West Ham raised a furore because the Premier League’s independent commission refused to impose a points penalty on the relegation-threatened club. Tevez built on that reprieve by scoring six goals in West Ham’s amazing run of seven wins in their last nine matches as Alan Curbishley’s team escaped the drop.

It included the only goal of the game against champions United at Old Trafford when the issue was settled on the final day.

Sheffield United were condemned to relegation instead and responded by threatening legal action.

Ferguson has been unstinting in his admiration for the part Tevez played in West Ham’s survival.

‘He is the one who lifted their game,’ Sir Alex said. ‘He scored a couple of really good free-kicks and seems to have a lot of enthusiasm.’

West Ham broke Premier League rules when they signed Tevez and Mascherano because the players were part-owned by a third party.

Mascherano has since joined Liverpool, whose manager Rafael Benitez is keen to reunite the pair at Anfield but who could be undone by United’s audacious swoop.

Tevez’s registration is currently held by West Ham, with whom he signed a four-year deal.

Technically that agreement still exists but the repercussions of the tribunal could mean Tevez is no longer bound by it and is, therefore, available on a free transfer.

The player’s future will be thrashed out at a meeting this week between his lawyer, Graham Shear, and West Ham’s legal team.

Kia Joorabchian, the Iranianborn British businessman whose company, MSI, own the economic rights to Tevez’s transfer, has yet to meet West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson and is currently in Buenos Aires on business with the striker, who is preparing to play for Argentina in the Copa America.

But Joorabchian has appointed Shears to negotiate on his company’s behalf after a planned meeting with Magnusson was cancelled last week. MSI will demand that West Ham reinstate the now-notorious clauses in Tevez’s contract which give the company rights over the striker’s transfer.

The Hammers claimed,following the disciplinary case against them, to have torn up that part of their original deal with Joorabchian, a move that prompted the Premier League to allow Tevez to play on during West Ham’s controversial escape from relegation.

West Ham want to discuss the possibility of keeping Tevez at Upton Park but that is an increasingly forlorn hope given United’s interest. However, in order for negotiations to begin between the clubs, the West Ham issue will have to be resolved.

West Ham’s negotiations with Joorabchian and Tevez’s lawyers may also impact on the forthcoming arbitration claim by Sheffield United, who requested a hearing over the player’s continued eligibility.

Joorabchian is likely to sue West Ham if the club do not reinstate his player’s contract, which allowed the businessman to dictate where and when Tevez could move.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=461000&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: United swoop for Tevez
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2007, 12:18:23 PM »
chlesea...ah mean man u real looking 4 players boy remind me of another epl team  ::)
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2007, 12:47:04 PM »
chlesea...ah mean man u real looking 4 players boy remind me of another epl team  ::)
Last season they only brought ONE player i think Man.U due for some players besides we get them on some nice bargains  ;D

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2007, 01:59:46 PM »

Whats your point?   We havent spent money for the past 2 seasons...  w must have a carry down of funds...

the game is changing.. we have to strengthen...

Sounds like you are scared..as you should be

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2007, 02:08:36 PM »
scared of what ....fergie in d game long time 2 b so succesful u must be able to
make good buys.  Barca n ready to do shopping yet...expect to see some drastic changes there
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2007, 08:34:22 PM »
Ahhhhh !

Tevez to Man u! !

This is the transfer I have been talking and dreaming about for some weeks now....

Like Fergie does come on this site and look for advice  ;D

If this comes through, its all over for the rest of England.

Tevez is plain and simple the most magical player in England.

He has the potential to start filling the shoes left behind by a famous flying Frenchman!

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2007, 06:14:27 AM »
Ahhhhh !

Tevez to Man u! !

This is the transfer I have been talking and dreaming about for some weeks now....

Like Fergie does come on this site and look for advice  ;D

If this comes through, its all over for the rest of England.

Tevez is plain and simple the most magical player in England.

He has the potential to start filling the shoes left behind by a famous flying Frenchman!

Ok Tevez is the only "Argentian" that I would not hate to see ManU sign... would not love it but wont hate it!

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2007, 09:34:59 AM »
This story is BS, it isn't on any of the reputable sources of Football news online so take it with a generous dose of salt.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2007, 10:00:23 AM »

Yea, all triniairman exclusive sources tend to be from the Daily Mail.....and if anyone knows the Daily Mail, they would know they aren't the most reliable of sources!
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2007, 11:07:28 AM »
tevez not going to man u...according to one of brasilian friends he had said that he would like to go to liverpool (maybe cuz mascherano is there and telling him all kinda good story),  real madrid(uhhh money perhaps?) or back to his old team, corinthians(he enjoyed playing there). him going back to corinthians isnt likely though because the current coach of corinthians doesnt like argentinians.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 11:09:44 AM by Trini Madness »
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2007, 11:19:27 AM »
Small Mag is a Man U defender to the end yes.
They could do anything and Small Mag there to the end.
I love it
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2007, 11:41:45 AM »
Glory hunters are always passionate when things going good :devil: .

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Fergie Signs Tevez
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2007, 09:01:56 PM »
Carlos Tevez last night agreed to join Manchester United in a permanent deal worth more than £20million.

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fergie Signs Tevez
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2007, 09:04:42 PM »
sources?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2007, 09:06:27 PM »
black eye peas fergie??     i would like that...fergie ah mean....nah really tevez will be tops
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2007, 09:07:58 PM »
Fergie signs Tevez
EXCLUSIVE By LEE CLAYTON and ASHLEY GRAY in Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela - More by this author »

Last updated at 00:48am on 5th July 2007

Comments

Carlos Tevez last night agreed to join Manchester United in a permanent deal worth more than £20million.

The move will be completed next week, subject to any challenge from West Ham, who still claim to own the registration of the player who saved them from relegation last season.

Scroll down to read more:

Tevez: 'Excited' by move
Read more...

Hammers hit by new twist in Tevez saga
How could you allow this farce?
The final insult: Deceitful Hammers so lucky, is verdict
Reo-Coker joins O’Neill revolution
Delighted Rams boss Davies signs Mears from West Ham

However, West Ham have no contract with Tevez and his owner, businessman Kia Joorabchian, which has left the player and his representative free to negotiate a transfer with other clubs.

The news, breaking in South America last night, means that United will take their summer buying past the £70m mark, confirming them as the biggest spenders in world football.

Tevez was once fined when playing for Brazil's Corinthians for turning up to an official press conference wearing a Manchester United shirt.

He will fly from Argentina's Copa America base here to join United's pre-season programme.

"He just cannot contain his excitement at the news," a source close to the Argentina camp confirmed. "Tevez has been concerned about his future, worried about where he may play next season and now he is joining the biggest club in the world! This is massive news."

Tevez is best friends with United's Argentine defender Gabriel Heinze and was a guest at their end-of-season title party in a London club.

Days later, Tevez scored at Old Trafford on the final day of the season to give West Ham the 1-0 win that kept them in the Premiership, but his controversial transfer has been the subject of a Premier League investigation, which was concluded on Tuesday.

United were hoping to keep the confirmation of the transfer quiet until the furore died down and the deal will not be officially declared until the middle of next week. The official transfer fee — and wages — are still to be confirmed.

United have already signed Portuguese winger Nani and Brazilian midfielder Anderson on expensive five-year contracts.

The pair join the Premier League champions from Sporting Lisbon and Porto respectively, while England midfielder Owen Hargreaves completed his move from Bayern Munich. The total cost of those deals is £50m.

United have also made Polish keeper Tomasz Kuszczak a full signing after he played last season on loan from second division West Bromwich.

With multi-million pound backing from their American investors, United have been flexing their financial muscle, but the signing of Tevez is their most ambitious.

The little striker has told friends that he is "very excited" about his future, though he has refused to confirm his next destination. Tevez has also been linked with Inter Milan and Arsenal, although West Ham had been hoping to keep him.

Tevez told Sportsmail in an exclusive interview last season: "If I can play at West Ham in such a difficult position, then it's easier to play for a bigger club, with players such as Rooney, Ronaldo or Drogba.

"I would be capable of playing at any English team, because the English game is no longer a problem for me." He then went on to save West Ham, following his controversial "loan" move from Corinthians, a club he joined in a South American transfer record of $22m.

As well as being fined for turning up in an official press conference wearing a United shirt, he was also punished for turning up for a game in Bermuda shorts — and for fighting with team-mates.

Then the goals started and he was branded a hero. The fans copied his braided hair cut, followed his celebration dance craze and bought the replica shirts.

It was claimed that 4,000 were sold at every home game. He was elected captain by his team-mates and he would lead out his team with his baby daughter, Florencia, in his arms, producing a dummy from his sock when he scored a goal.

Then, when a website opened in his name, it broke the previous record held by Ronaldinho by 4,000 hits.

Tevez received 16,000 hits and the local newspapers called it "the birth of Tevezmania". It sounds like a marketing dream for Manchester United.

West Ham last night confirmed the free transfer signing of former England goalkeeper Richard Wright, who left Everton at the end of last season.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2007, 10:04:24 PM »
nothin could be better,an argentine joinin man u.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2007, 10:05:47 PM »
whoa

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2007, 11:04:51 PM »
wow this hit me by sursprise... i really hope its true...

Offline deltatau14

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2007, 01:50:08 AM »
dis cyah be true i now reach home drunk drunk and readin dis...............geezan ages......i wish i could spell maribunta (sp) cause dat ness geyyin real frig up............tevez at man u.?  laaaawwwwdddd.......any man u fan tell mih what your reaction would be if you reach home drunk and read dis.........cause i eh know what de ass to tink........if dais true is licks through and through next season........pressure does buss pipe!

Offline deltatau14

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2007, 01:58:52 AM »
i juss do a lil research(still drunk) and de news coming out of australia's herald sun......i not sure why de news coming out of australia but heres the article.........i go ketch all yuh in de morning.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22022304-2883,00.html

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2007, 03:14:25 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6272664.stm

Man Utd close in on striker Tevez

Tevez played a big part in keeping West Ham in the Premiership last season
West Ham striker Carlos Tevez is set to join Manchester United, according to BBC Radio Five Live Sport.
It is understood talks are underway and a deal could be completed as soon as the weekend.

Tevez, 23, is on international duty with Argentina playing in the Copa America in Venezuela.

West Ham have said they want to keep him after he helped them survive in the Premier League last season but doubts have remained over his Hammers future.

Tevez was at the centre of the controversy surrounding his signing and that of fellow Argentine Javier Mascherano by the Upton Park club last summer.

West Ham were fined £5.5m for irregularities in the deals but escaped a points deduction.

Tevez brushed aside the problems to inspire the Hammers to an end of season run of form which helped them move out of the bottom three and secure their top-flight status.

More to follow.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2007, 06:45:51 AM »
I mad.  Thought we had a chance to sign him, but a world class winger (Quaresma is the target) now seems to now be the priority for 'Pool.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 06:51:12 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2007, 07:36:37 AM »
Friggin' serves West Ham right to 'lose' him...their asses should be in the Championship league following all the chicanery they pull with Tevez and Mascherano, they lucky they didn't suffer any point deduction and get their asses relegated.

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2007, 07:38:16 AM »
Don't love him but also don't hate him... He is from Argentina that is a hard fact to overlook!

But if Lula could grow to love Carlitos who knows... I might be able to stand him! maybe!

But I still hope this story is false, I already cringe everytime I see Heinze in a ManU shirt.

Tevez might be a different story, he was able to win over Corinthian fans, because of his humble backgrounds, his unrefined attitude and his stuggle to rise out of poverty, people identified with that in Brazil and embraced him!

I don't know, I rather we not get him! But if we do I can live with it!

Ps. if we do get him, I can only infer that means Fergie plans on keeping Heinze around... Damn

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2007, 08:39:06 AM »
I mad.  Thought we had a chance to sign him, but a world class winger (Quaresma is the target) now seems to now be the priority for 'Pool.

is no scene we have fernando torres who is de same age and just as good.

i hope we do get quaresma though.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2007, 08:57:46 AM »
Don't love him but also don't hate him... He is from Argentina that is a hard fact to overlook!

But if Lula could grow to love Carlitos who knows... I might be able to stand him! maybe!

But I still hope this story is false, I already cringe everytime I see Heinze in a ManU shirt.

Tevez might be a different story, he was able to win over Corinthian fans, because of his humble backgrounds, his unrefined attitude and his stuggle to rise out of poverty, people identified with that in Brazil and embraced him!

I don't know, I rather we not get him! But if we do I can live with it!

Ps. if we do get him, I can only infer that means Fergie plans on keeping Heinze around... Damn

Heinze is a good player, just not as good as he was before the injuries. He was always a blade man and now that he lacking that little extra he is getting shown up.

That aside Tevez would be a good buy. I just hope that Ronaldo lets him take some free-kicks once in a while. I would be concerned about the size of the front line (look at some of Drogba’s goals to see the benefit of an imposing centre-forward) but they were thinking of buying Defoe so I much rather see Tevez. I also hope that Saha could be fit for a whole season because he will complement Tevez and/or Rooney very well.

If this happens and Tevez plays as he could peopel will be talking about him like they do cantona in a couple years. Old Trafford is a real big stage for quality players to shine on.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2007, 09:26:20 AM »
i like tevez, think he's a really good player. but for some reason i dont want him on we team. he comes with alot of baggage and attention that we dont need. plus if he do happen to come and has a good-great season i could see him wanting to go to another big name club like real madrid or barca. he doesnt seem to have any loyalty at all.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2007, 10:56:06 AM »
Well i check Google News... and i eh see nuttin yet. Wonder if is true. If it is....it go be interesting to see next season.....i real looking foward to it.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>