March 28, 2024, 04:51:25 PM

Author Topic: Carlos Tevez Thread.  (Read 49257 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Tevez Affair
« Reply #240 on: April 29, 2010, 07:33:46 PM »
Roberto Mancini tells Carlos Tevez to shape up or ship out of City

Roberto Mancini's uneasy relationship with Carlos Tevez is threatening the player's future at Manchester City after the manager confirmed they had clashed behind the scenes. The Italian said the forward should leave the club if he is unhappy with his coaching methods.

Mancini confirmed he had summoned Tevez to his office to ask for an explanation about the player's recent criticisms of his training regime. The Italian told his leading scorer he would not tolerate any more of this, regardless of the fact that Tevez has scored 28 goals this season and is the overwhelming choice to be named City's player of the year. The two men shook hands at the end of a largely one-sided conversation and agreed to focus on City's remaining three games of the season but stories have emerged this week of the Argentinian considering his future.

Asked if he thought Tevez might be unhappy, Mancini replied: "I don't know. Tevez has four years left on his contract. But I don't know. If he's not happy, it would be better [for him] to change squads. If a top player is not happy to stay here, then it's better for him to go to another team."

Tevez upset Mancini by complaining about the manager's habit of arranging double training sessions. Mancini does this every Tuesday if there is no midweek game and Tevez said: "The players are not happy with this. We are at the end of a long season, we have big matches, we are tired, but there are still double training sessions, morning and afternoon. "

This was in an interview in the Daily Mail in the week preceding the Manchester derby, when Tevez had been specifically asked not to speak to the media. He went on to say he was "OK" with Mancini but the former Internazionale coach felt his authority had been undermined by a player he has repeatedly talked up as being one of the best in the world.

At the time Mancini said he did not want to take issue with the former United striker before such an important game. The timing is still bad from a City perspective, with important games coming up against Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur in the next few days, but Mancini was willing to explain his irritation as he shaped up for the most critical phase of City's season.

Mancini said today: "I've spoken to Tevez. What we said was private but I did remind him that there had been only one time when he had to train twice in a day.We have trained twice four times in the five months I have been here. On two of those times Carlos was in Argentina and one time he was here but didn't train. So I don't know why [he's unhappy]. When we don't have a midweek game I always train two times on Tuesday because it's the only way I know."

Mancini added: "It's important that when a manager or player works in a team, he must be happy. If he's not, it's not good for the club, for the squad, or for the player. This is not just for Tevez but for all the players; for Tevez, for Manu [Emmanuel Adebayor], for me, for everyone.

"I don't know if Carlos Tevez is unhappy. He must be content, though, because we have to play three important games. For the players it is a crucial moment. They must put everything they have on the pitch."

Tevez, whose English is still limited, did not offer an apology. "When I speak to a player, I don't need an apology," Mancini said. "I've played football, I know players very well and I know these situations. I think he's happy because he's worked very well the last two weeks. I hope Carlos can score three or four goals in the next three games and afterwards we can decide if he has a problem."

guardian.co.uk © Guardian News and Media Limited 2010
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 29, 2010, 07:41:52 PM »
He's(Tevez) like a little boy..always expressing his problems to the media or to anyone that would listen .. attention whore

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 29, 2010, 08:59:08 PM »
He's(Tevez) like a little boy..always expressing his problems to the media or to anyone that would listen .. attention whore

Nah, too easy...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 30, 2010, 03:05:47 AM »

Typical attitude from a Manure fan....blasted ungrateful

Same thing dey do tuh Yorke and allyuh waggonist goe continue tuh lick Fergie nuts.....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 30, 2010, 03:55:28 AM »

Typical attitude from a Manure fan....blasted ungrateful

Same thing dey do tuh Yorke and allyuh waggonist goe continue tuh lick Fergie nuts.....

huh? u know he not at utd anymore, but he causing trouble at City right?

What did utd do to yorke and y?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 30, 2010, 03:55:46 AM »

Nah, too easy...
:rotfl:
(Muslim)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Tired Tevez could retire
« Reply #246 on: October 10, 2010, 02:29:14 PM »
Tired Tevez could retire
City striker drops quit hint

Carlos Tevez admits he has grown disillusioned with football and could walk away from the game at any time.

The Manchester City striker has revealed that the stresses of life as a Premier League performer are taking their toll on his body and mind.

He may only be 26, but the Argentina international claims his distinguished career to date has left him drained.

Tevez hinted over the summer that he could soon quit professional football after finding it hard to motivate himself for the new campaign.

He has, however, remained a stand-out performer for City and has been handed the captain's armband at Eastlands by boss Roberto Mancini.

That, though, has done little to curb Tevez's sense of frustration and he continues to mull over the possibility of hanging up his boots and stepping out of the spotlight.

"I have been playing many games this season, and my body is feeling it. I am tired," the South American superstar said in the News of the World.

"I started to play when I was really young and I have always fought so much but now I'm feeling the effort.

Tolerance
"I'm an old guy now, and I started to think about some stuff. For example, I am less tolerant as a person today than I was a few years ago.

"Then I think - what happens if I quit football as long as I am okay in my life?

"When I talk about quitting, I mean quitting football, not just the national team. But at the moment I still don't know if this is going to be in one month, one year, three or five years.

"I have the idea of quitting in my mind. Maybe one of these days, I will just wake up and say no more football."

Tevez, who has appeared in all seven of City's Premier League fixtures so far this season, added: "My family but also my body are starting to feel the effort.

"I have worked and fought so hard, and I would love to enjoy my football.

"I have been playing in England for five years, and I have not spent a single Christmas nor New Year with my family.

"Let me tell you I am not enjoying the life of a footballer."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6437074,00.html

Is he serious about being old? stueps this boy just happy!!!

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tired Tevez could retire
« Reply #247 on: October 10, 2010, 04:04:50 PM »
Talking that chupidness ah hope he ent been limin with Maradonna to much

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tired Tevez could retire
« Reply #248 on: October 10, 2010, 04:09:45 PM »
this is at least the third time he's threatened to retire
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tevez rejected £70m deal
« Reply #249 on: December 19, 2010, 01:40:22 AM »
Tevez rejected £70m deal
December 18, 2010

ESPNsoccernet has learnt that the contract offer rejected by Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez would have made him the world's highest paid player.

Tevez turned down a five-year contract worth over £70 million - an astonishing £300,000-a-week - earlier this season, but his decision was only revealed when he handed in a transfer request last week.

City immediately rejected his request, but Tevez claimed in a statement that his desire to quit the club was ''not about money'' and thanked City owner Sheik Mansour for being ''very generous with what he has offered to me.''

Now, a source close to Manchester City has confirmed that Tevez rejected the world's biggest contract offer.

He told ESPNsoccernet: "Carlos Tevez has been portrayed as greedy, a common assumption with modern day footballers, but it simply isn't the case. He was offered a massive new contract and has turned it down.

"And he is unhappy at the club and so asked for a transfer. That is hardly out of the ordinary. Players do it all the time, mostly verbally, but Carlos is a strong character, as we all saw the way he came through the West Ham situation. But it really is not about the money. ''

Tevez met with manager Roberto Mancini on Friday for showdown talks, but his mood was described as "calm" after the club revealed they want him to return to the team for Monday's home game against Everton.

An insider told ESPNsoccernet: "There hasn't been a detailed discussion yet about the implications of the meeting with Carlos Tevez and Roberto Mancini, so everything for the moment is speculation, but the player's attitude was one of 'calm'."
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tevez rejected £70m deal
« Reply #250 on: December 19, 2010, 02:21:18 AM »
... and he won't be winning trophies anymore

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2010, 03:05:42 AM »
It really depends what you want to believe whats being reported.  The figures being widely reported are £250,000 a week AFTER TAX. 

A paper did a piece on Tevez and his moves, there seems to be a common thread moving through them, usually after a season or season and a half all teh way back to his days in Argentina.

All of them moved after falling out with "people at the club" usually during new contact talks.  Same happened at Manu and now City. 

If he was so home sick why was he trying to get an extended term on better pay, if its not about the money?  After all his moves, wages, signing on fees, he is surely set for life anyway, so if he is that bad, why not just go home?

Being reported here today that one of his advisors "sounded out" Manu about going back and being linked with Chelsea.  Seems strange given he is so homesick that he is being liked with all the clubs that can afford him, none in his home country.  Cynical I know.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2010, 07:43:00 AM »
... and he won't be winning trophies anymore

Some things in life are much more important... time for you scorned ManU fans to realize that.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 19, 2010, 10:49:43 AM »
Some things in life are much more important... time for you scorned ManU fans to realize that.

Agreed Nice one...... :devil:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 19, 2010, 11:54:56 AM »
Well if de man missing he family.....cyar vex. Ting is....how come he never tried to bring them across there with him?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 19, 2010, 01:39:12 PM »
Well if de man missing he family.....cyar vex. Ting is....how come he never tried to bring them across there with him?

I don't think that's that unusual... if is just a WoG then not a problem, but with a family... is cold, dreary-ass England yuh talking about.  Plus wifey might be real tight with she nana and dem.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 27, 2011, 10:13:54 PM »
Mancini: Tevez finished at Man City

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has said he wants Carlos Tevez "out of the club" after the striker refused to play against Bayern Munich. Mancini wanted to bring on substitute Tevez with 35 minutes left in an attempt to claw back a 2-0 deficit.

But after the 27-year-old refused to play, Mancini said: "If I have my way he will be out. He's finished with me. If we want to improve as a team Carlos can't play with us. With me, he is finished."

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 27, 2011, 11:12:51 PM »
He should never kick a football professionally ever again. What a disgrace. And City go take a bath on the transfer fee. They probably (depending on the terms of the contract with him) have a good case for suing him for lost transfer fees because who going to pay serious money for him now? I know it wasn't no secret that he was unhappy there but he was happy to take the people money. Steups. I love watching him play but that is entirely unacceptable.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 27, 2011, 11:49:46 PM »
Quality Footballer, Total waste of break as a human... Fergie was right to let him go, he is a total circus

Who's that TWAT from Argentinaaa
who's that money grabbing whoreee
Carlos Tevez is his name
and he's got no f**king brain
and he wont be winning trophies anymoreee

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 28, 2011, 04:55:34 AM »
Just an observation on the Tevez issue, especially since so many calling him a disgrace.
What is the difference between Tevez action and Lampard's the other day?

Not condoning their actions in any way. Just really surprised that man like Souness
making comments without knowing the situation & yet with England's darling, "mum
the word."
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #260 on: September 28, 2011, 07:42:36 AM »
Just an observation on the Tevez issue, especially since so many calling him a disgrace.
What is the difference between Tevez action and Lampard's the other day?

Not condoning their actions in any way. Just really surprised that man like Souness
making comments without knowing the situation & yet with England's darling, "mum
the word."

There is no comparison.

Lampard did not refuse to come on when asked, he was an unused sub. Also the talk of Lampard storming off is media talk. By all reports he was there warming down on the pitch with all the other unused squad members.

City in a tough position but it is a position of their own making.

With Bellamy, Adebayor and now Tevez there is a common thread. City buys these strikers and pays them big wages that nobody else will. They then either through change in management or change in fortune they buy more expensive strikers and marginalize the former starters.

You could say the players are the problem for not dealing with being left out  but what do City expect when they negotiating with these players? These players does squeeze City balls for exorbitant wages just to move to the club. It must be clear to them that there is a mercenary element to the acquisitions, which means that each of the players who fall out with their previous clubs could fall out with them. They had to know that with Tevez transfer history.

They were also foolish to try and get market value for Tevez. You could keep a man like Adebayor in limbo but you can’t do that with a man getting 250,000 pounds a year. They shoulda take any offer they get and let him go or loan him out. Whatever they were getting  this summer they wouldn’t even get close to that now.

The whole even masks the fact that City had a bad performance and now have an uphill climb to make it out of the group. Also Dzeko show dissent last night too and Mancini publicly reprimanded him and say that he will bench this weekend.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:59:29 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 28, 2011, 07:56:15 AM »
Did anyone notice this in the BBC article?

In a brief interview with Sky Sports, Tevez, speaking through a translator, did not address his decision not to play. "I think it's Mancini's decision," Tevez said.

Over 5 years in England now and he still can't speak the language.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #262 on: September 28, 2011, 08:04:10 AM »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 28, 2011, 08:05:50 AM »

Well that going in the dustbin for sure.............LOL
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 28, 2011, 08:31:53 AM »

In a brief interview with Sky Sports, Tevez, speaking through a translator, did not address his decision not to play. "I think it's Mancini's decision," Tevez said.

You didn't read some time back Zabaletta say the man refuse to learn english? From what I read about him he seems like a real head case

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 28, 2011, 08:37:23 AM »

You didn't read some time back Zabaletta say the man refuse to learn english? From what I read about him he seems like a real head case

Yes, I posted it earlier in this thread. And that was from two years ago!
- Xavi

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 28, 2011, 09:43:49 AM »
Is it possible that Tevez wanted out of City from since before the season start and perhaps is a case of Man City refusing to sell him, so he force dey hand yesterday?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 28, 2011, 09:50:52 AM »
Is it possible that Tevez wanted out of City from since before the season start and perhaps is a case of Man City refusing to sell him, so he force dey hand yesterday?
i think it's that exactly, couple things to consider here. If Tevez played yday, he'd also be cup tied to Man City which would reduce his chances  of moving to another club..at least in Europe...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 28, 2011, 09:57:56 AM »
If Ballotelli had done this.......my word.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 28, 2011, 09:59:30 AM »
If Ballotelli had done this.......my word.

would have been nothing new for that chap

1]; } ?>