March 28, 2024, 06:15:14 AM

Author Topic: Carlos Tevez Thread.  (Read 49245 times)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Tevez Affair
« Reply #270 on: September 28, 2011, 10:09:54 AM »
I say send Tevez back to West ham

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 28, 2011, 10:19:51 AM »
Is it possible that Tevez wanted out of City from since before the season start and perhaps is a case of Man City refusing to sell him, so he force dey hand yesterday?
i think it's that exactly, couple things to consider here. If Tevez played yday, he'd also be cup tied to Man City which would reduce his chances  of moving to another club..at least in Europe...

touche
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 28, 2011, 10:41:23 AM »
If Ballotelli had done this.......my word.

I think Tevez is getting more negative publicity for this than Balotelli has ever gotten for any single act of his...Mancini publicly said that if he had his way, Tevez wouldn't ever again step on the field under his management...what more yuh want?

I see the point you're trying to make but the Balotelli reference not really relevant in this case.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 28, 2011, 11:33:09 AM »
Deeks, remember meh last year at QRC, was meh last game, quarter-final against Belmont, Oval, Crowds, players (Laforest bros, Wayne Lewis, Rugged coaching)..Coach tell meh warm up 10 minutes into the game...ah warm up the rest of the whole 1st half (0-0)..He make 2 changes half time, He call meh at the beginning of the 2nd half "Maxg, warm up", 5 minutes into the warmup, meh padnas in the stands show meh they hook up with some smallies from St Francois...I take off meh shirt, and head up in the stands....The man say "Maxg, you will never play for this School again"...I saw "Shucks, ah real mess up dey"...Game tied and replayed the following weekend minus me...kicked off the team...but smalls and me take in the whole loss that following weekend... :banginghead: missed meh oportunity to get a big experience, learn some discipline, and probably got a bad reputation...and never get anybody to see me perform, although I was top scorer 2nd 11.and never got a run out with the 1st..

However meh point is...Mr. Tevez probably felt Coach was wasting his worth, and if he doesn't play there, another body will give him millions to perform as he feel he is capable of elsewhere...he made a choice because he cared....Me...Nobody cared, so niether did I.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 28, 2011, 02:20:24 PM »
everybody have a right to strike...even prima donna, overpaid footballers.

if me or you did do that though, we out de door fas, fas.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 28, 2011, 03:00:23 PM »
everybody have a right to strike...even prima donna, overpaid footballers.

if me or you did do that though, we out de door fas, fas.

And they have a right to face the consequences too...

Carlos Tevez Suspended By Manchester City

Manchester City have suspended Carlos Tevez for up to two weeks after his alleged refusal to play as a substitute in the 2-0 defeat by Bayern Munich.

Tevez, 27, who said the dispute was a "misunderstanding", is suspended until further notice for a maximum of two weeks while the club investigate.

"The player's suspension is pending a full review into his alleged conduct," said a City statement.

"The player will not be considered for selection or take part in training."

City manager Roberto Mancini had wanted to introduce Tevez to the action in the second half at the Allianz Arena on Tuesday.

But the Argentina international appeared unwilling, and afterwards Mancini said: "He refused to come on the pitch. What I said to Carlos is between me, him and the team [but] I am really disappointed because it is Carlos. I decide the changes.

"If I have my way he will be out. He's finished with me.

"If we want to improve as a team Carlos can't play with us. With me, he is finished."

Tevez responded by releasing a statement on Wednesday morning saying: "This is not the right time to get into specific details as to why this did not happen. But I wish to state that I never refused to play.

"Going forward I am ready to play when required and to fulfil my obligations."

BBC Sport later learned that the former Manchester United and West Ham man is unhappy with how his part in the dispute has been portrayed.

It is thought that Tevez believes his row with Mancini was about warming up and not a refusal to play.

The forward argued that he was ready to play when Mancini wanted to bring him on, but the Italian asked him to warm up again.

Tevez joined City in the summer of 2009 and has since scored 53 goals in 91 appearances.

In May, he captained the club to the FA Cup with a 1-0 victory over Stoke in the final at Wembley, their first major trophy in 35 years.

However, he has also twice asked for a transfer away from Manchester.

In submitting his first request in December 2010, which was later withdrawn, Tevez said he was homesick.

In July, Tevez again asked to leave City, on this occasion citing family reasons, and looked set to get his wish before a proposed £40m move to Brazilian side Corinthians fell through.

In August, BBC Sport learned that Tevez had given up on leaving City before the end of the summer transfer window.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15101604.stm

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 28, 2011, 03:15:30 PM »
send him to stoke city, he will get a lot of playing time.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 29, 2011, 04:52:19 PM »
Deeks, remember meh last year at QRC, was meh last game, quarter-final against Belmont, Oval, Crowds, players (Laforest bros, Wayne Lewis, Rugged coaching)..Coach tell meh warm up 10 minutes into the game...ah warm up the rest of the whole 1st half (0-0)..He make 2 changes half time, He call meh at the beginning of the 2nd half "Maxg, warm up", 5 minutes into the warmup, meh padnas in the stands show meh they hook up with some smallies from St Francois...I take off meh shirt, and head up in the stands....The man say "Maxg, you will never play for this School again"...I saw "Shucks, ah real mess up dey"...Game tied and replayed the following weekend minus me...kicked off the team...but smalls and me take in the whole loss that following weekend... :banginghead: missed meh oportunity to get a big experience, learn some discipline, and probably got a bad reputation...and never get anybody to see me perform, although I was top scorer 2nd 11.and never got a run out with the 1st..

However meh point is...Mr. Tevez probably felt Coach was wasting his worth, and if he doesn't play there, another body will give him millions to perform as he feel he is capable of elsewhere...he made a choice because he cared....Me...Nobody cared, so niether did I.

Amazing that you could remember dat far back  :devil:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 04:55:40 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 29, 2011, 05:31:51 PM »

Amazing that you could remember dat far back  :devil:

Can't remember that incident because I was in the stands. But I do remeber when we play a game against CIC 2nd XI, you scored a shot/cross against Gregory Gomez in the Saints goal. What a goal. never forget that.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 29, 2011, 07:22:28 PM »
Can't remember that incident because I was in the stands. But I do remeber when we play a game against CIC 2nd XI, you scored a shot/cross against Gregory Gomez in the Saints goal. What a goal. never forget that.

Is flukes you sayin maxg goal was?  :o ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 30, 2011, 08:20:41 AM »
Does Mancini have "Man Management" issues? It seems he is always at odds with playes since coming to City. he had similar problems at Inter. The Tevez affair is quite huge but also in the same game Dzeko had words with the manager after being subbed. Paul Scholes  recently wrote an article on the issue and hinted that Sir Alex dealt with a similar situation differently. I say that because it happened in 2001 & Scholes went on to play for 9 more years at ManU.

read

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes says he sympathises with one-time team-mate Carlos Tevez over his apparent refusal to warm-up during the Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich.

Paul Scholes: I'm starting to miss it

Tevez has been embroiled in controversy and speculation since the midweek trip to Germany, and earned the wrath of manager Roberto Mancini, among others, in the aftermath of the incident. But Scholes has expressed a level of understanding for Tevez's situation after revealing he went through a similar experience at United.

"I know Carlos quite well. He's a player who wants to be playing,'' Scholes told BBC Radio 5 live. "When he's a sub, it will be killing him.

"It's totally up to the manager but Carlos wouldn't have been thinking that. He'll be thinking, 'The manager is against me, why is he not bringing me on? I'm City's best player and he's not playing me'.

"I'm not saying he [Tevez] is right - it's totally up to the manager."

Scholes, who retired from playing in the summer to take up a coaching role at United, refused to play in a League Cup tie in 2001 having been dropped for the previous game against Liverpool.

He explained: "You think you should be playing and my head was all over the place. I thought he [Sir Alex Ferguson] was messing me about, wrongly really. It's up to him what he does with his team.

"I realise it was stupid. I let the manager down and it was something I regretted. It's probably similar to Carlos Tevez's state of mind if it is true he refused to come on."

Taken from ESPN Soccer

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 30, 2011, 11:08:54 AM »
Observer, interesting that you should mention Mancini and man management. I held doubts and a stronger opinion on this months ago. Now I think, with his position at the club better consolidated, he's less suspect in this area. It's natural that there will be contention when a manager is trying to establish his rule and having to balance that against players who feel a sense of entitlement. As you know, some players handle that more diplomatically than others.

In my view, AVB is likely going to be open to the same charge too in the coming weeks, despite the positions he has taken being firmly in the interest of the club and team success.

I've decided to follow this story via the Argentine media rather than exclusively through the English outlets.

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 30, 2011, 02:41:41 PM »
HAHAHA!!!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 01, 2011, 06:29:49 AM »
asylumseaker, I just remember him falling out with many people at Inter, even his staff.
The Figo incident was exactly like Tevez, & Viera reacted like Dzeko when subbed. Mancini also had massive fights with Matarazzi  (spelling?) & Ibra.
Just an observation.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 01, 2011, 06:53:25 AM »
asylumseaker, I just remember him falling out with many people at Inter, even his staff.
The Figo incident was exactly like Tevez, & Viera reacted like Dzeko when subbed. Mancini also had massive fights with Matarazzi  (spelling?) & Ibra.
Just an observation.

How does that become an indictment of his man management though?  Of all those names, Viera is about the only one I'm surprised at... all the others have a touch of jackass in them.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 01, 2011, 07:12:09 AM »
Mancini man management skills is no different from any manager in pro footbal. No different. He is the one IN CHARGE to make crucial decisions for the match for 90 mins. NOT Carlos or any other superstar. I am ManBoo  fan. Alex Ferguson is not paragon of virtue either. You cross swords with him and you in the dungeon. The Beckham affair. He smite Dwight, The Yap Stam affair. He and  CR had constant battles. The only reason Alex is the "genius" and Roberto is the "goat" is the amount of wins Alex has.

giggsy11

« Reply #286 on: October 01, 2011, 07:59:49 PM »
City got what they deserved after they decided tuh slap a 50million price tag on Tevez's head. Who tryin tuh pay that for him? The fella said he has wanted tuh move for the longest but dey talked him into staying and then decided tuh punish him for wanting tuh leave by making him 4th choice. Tevez matching dey badmindedness with his own.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 08:02:13 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 01, 2011, 08:34:43 PM »
Mancini man management skills is no different from any manager in pro footbal. No different. He is the one IN CHARGE to make crucial decisions for the match for 90 mins. NOT Carlos or any other superstar. I am ManBoo  fan. Alex Ferguson is not paragon of virtue either. You cross swords with him and you in the dungeon. The Beckham affair. He smite Dwight, The Yap Stam affair. He and  CR had constant battles. The only reason Alex is the "genius" and Roberto is the "goat" is the amount of wins Alex has.

Think of how many players Ferguson run off in he time... yet nobody questions his "man management skills".  I doh care what kinda man manager a man is... I don't care if he bakes ginger cookies and hands them out before the match or if he does cuss and dress down man in front the fans and media.  If you are being paid to play professional sport and you are fit, and the coach calls your number then you need to get your ass in the game. 

It was revealing to wach ESPN this morning following the Mersey derby, they did a montage of reactions from other managers.  Among those commenting were: Mick McCarthy, Ferguson, Martinez, Pulis, Bruce, Hodgson, Pardew, Redknapp... to a man, every one of them, without attacking the player personally, were harshly critical of his actions.  You could chalk it up to them just circling the wagons around the coaching fraternity, or perhaps, watching for storm clouds over dey cocoa.  But a more objective reading of the reaction would reveal that people consider what he did scandalous and destructive to the game.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 03, 2011, 09:49:18 AM »

Think of how many players Ferguson run off in he time... yet nobody questions his "man management skills".  I doh care what kinda man manager a man is... I don't care if he bakes ginger cookies and hands them out before the match or if he does cuss and dress down man in front the fans and media.  If you are being paid to play professional sport and you are fit, and the coach calls your number then you need to get your ass in the game. 

It was revealing to wach ESPN this morning following the Mersey derby, they did a montage of reactions from other managers.  Among those commenting were: Mick McCarthy, Ferguson, Martinez, Pulis, Bruce, Hodgson, Pardew, Redknapp... to a man, every one of them, without attacking the player personally, were harshly critical of his actions.  You could chalk it up to them just circling the wagons around the coaching fraternity, or perhaps, watching for storm clouds over dey cocoa.  But a more objective reading of the reaction would reveal that people consider what he did scandalous and destructive to the game.

nobody need question alex feruson's "man management skills" because he has always been known to be an iron-fisted, no-nonsense authoritarian and with manu, he has the team's legacy and the board to back him up.  Players want to play for "MANCHESTER UNITED" just as much as they want to and know they'd better play for alex ferguson, or else!  Mancini and mancity are a totally different entity altogether especially at this stage of their existence.  Tevez was sending smoke signals since before the end of last season.  In fact, the way he left manu alone was indication enough that things ain't always going to be smooth with him.  Tevez is obviously not the type to blink.  The end of last season was mancity's time to sit him down and try to accomodate his departure or remind him of his contractual commitment and let him know in no uncertain terms that they are going to accomodate him and his wishes.  Instead, they teased him with a move back to Corinthians, brought in another Argentinian, which on the surface, gave an appearance of him being Tevez' "replacement" then they put him on the bench, which, on the surface, gives an appearance of him being "punished".  For now, he refuses to blink.  So the most this is, is being maybe a little disruptive to the team but at the end of the day (and the season) Mancity with either finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the league and get knocked out of the CL, WITH OR without Carlos Tevez so all this talk about it being "scandalous and destructive to the game" is just bullshit drama.  the game is bigger than Tevez and mancity and will always continue to be.....just like players in the past have done what he is doing and what Kenwyne Jones did, there will be players in the future doing the same.  Tevez will languish on the bench for a lil bit and either capitulate or get shipped out.  If he get shipped out, he will receive a mixed welcome and will win over more and more of his haters with every dynamic display he gives on the field.  All this does is gives the fans something to talk about because mancity still went and put  a easy 4 past Blackburn this weekend.......so for now, not too many of Balotelli's haters have anything negative to crow about.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 05, 2011, 10:52:24 AM »
Did anyone notice this in the BBC article?

In a brief interview with Sky Sports, Tevez, speaking through a translator, did not address his decision not to play. "I think it's Mancini's decision," Tevez said.

Over 5 years in England now and he still can't speak the language.
You didn't read some time back Zabaletta say the man refuse to learn english? From what I read about him he seems like a real head case

Yes, I posted it earlier in this thread. And that was from two years ago!

I read this with reservations because I've observed Tevez speaking to referees in the EPL. I've also seen him interact with players. Now Kia Joorabchian has confirmed that while Carlitos' English does not rise to the level of conducting a full blown interview in English ... his competency is functional.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 05, 2011, 01:27:44 PM »
I read this with reservations because I've observed Tevez speaking to referees in the EPL. I've also seen him interact with players. Now Kia Joorabchian has confirmed that while Carlitos' English does not rise to the level of conducting a full blown interview in English ... his competency is functional.

Not that yuh need much language facility to cuss a ref... or complain, lol

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 06, 2011, 03:28:49 AM »
tevez refused to learn to english and he doesnt want his family to grow up in an english setting...he prefers the latin-type like spain or italy...send him juventus, we have the will and the money...if he has  head problems antonio conte can straighten that out..

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 09, 2011, 11:05:25 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6b-s4xQfZ_M&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6b-s4xQfZ_M&amp;feature=related</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 09, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »
Did anyone notice this in the BBC article?

In a brief interview with Sky Sports, Tevez, speaking through a translator, did not address his decision not to play. "I think it's Mancini's decision," Tevez said.

Over 5 years in England now and he still can't speak the language.
You didn't read some time back Zabaletta say the man refuse to learn english? From what I read about him he seems like a real head case

Yes, I posted it earlier in this thread. And that was from two years ago!

Boy ride out with yuh f**kery nuh....Two years ago, my ass!! Two years ago Tevez was scoring goals and the English fans for whatever team he was playing for at the time couldn't stop screaming he f**kin' name.  His self-imposed language barrier didn't stop him from bailing out West Ham.  It didn't stop alex ferguson from acquiring him and getting relative success outta him and it sure didn't stop mancity from payin' him big bucks and winning an FA Cup with him.   You have dominicans, Puerto Ricans and all myriad of foreign MULTI MILLION dollar Athletes makin' twice and thrice what tevez makin' playin baseball and livin' in your country all 20 years and still can't speak Engllish.  Shit, half the American population that born and bred in your country can't speak or write proper English.  FOH! 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 11, 2011, 09:49:49 AM »
Oral Tracey of TVJ Sports Commentary gives his opinion on the Tevez Affair: 
http://www.televisionjamaica.com/Programmes/SportsCommentary.aspx/Videos/12919
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Fergie Signs Tevez
« Reply #295 on: July 29, 2014, 12:04:10 PM »
Carlos Tevez's father held for ransom.
ESPN Soccernet.

The father of Juventus striker Carlos Tevez has been kidnapped in Argentina, according to reports.

The lawyer for Carlos Tevez says the father of the Argentina and Juventus star has been kidnapped by unknown assailants on the outskirts of the Argentina capital Buenos Aires.

Three men allegedly took Juan Alberto Cabral from his car as he was traveling in the Buenos Aires suburn of Moron on Tuesday morning, law enforcement officials confirmed to La Nacion

The family has received multiple calls for ransom, according to reports.

Lawyer Gustavo Galasso described the family Tuesday as "dismayed" by the news. He offered few other details.

Tevez has left training in Turin, Italy, to deal with the situation in Argentina, where the investigation is ongoing, reports said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos Tevez Thread.
« Reply #296 on: July 29, 2014, 12:50:01 PM »
father was released and tevez said he will stay in turin

it was a random kidnapping as they thought they just grabbed just a fella in a nice car

wen they realised it was tevez's father they demanded more

situation has  been resolved

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 18, 2014, 11:50:02 PM »
Doh forget baller: De Apache still rules. Such commitment to set up Pogba's item for Juve v Sassuolo. Turned out to be vital point.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 27, 2014, 02:06:20 AM »
Surprise, surprise ... Juve too much for Palermo.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28nwu6_juventus-vs-palermo-2-0-full-highlights-26-10-2014-serie-a-hd_sport

(Is there a current season Serie A thread?)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 23, 2015, 06:56:07 PM »
Alyuh eh watch them golazo Carlitos scored in the last couple games. My word, is like some new found fire he hitting the ball with. Absolute cannons he scoring.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>