April 26, 2024, 11:08:32 AM

Author Topic: Stoke close in on Saints' Fuller  (Read 4210 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stoke close in on Saints' Fuller
« on: August 30, 2006, 10:11:31 AM »
bbcsport.uk

Ricardo Fuller is a handful for Championship defences  :devil:

Stoke City boss Tony Pulis is closing in on a deal to sign Southampton striker Ricardo Fuller.
BBC Radio Stoke reports that Fuller was at the Britannia Stadium to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

The Potters will pay around £100,000 for the 26-year-old Jamaica international who joined Saints from Portsmouth for £90,000 in August 2005.

Fuller, who went on loan to Ipswich last season, has also played for Preston, Hearts and Crystal Palace

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stoke close in on Saints' Fuller
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 10:15:38 AM »
In 2004  he was worth 2million pounds now in 2006 he worth 100 000 pounds  :rotfl:.
Boy his value depreciate ???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 10:20:02 AM »
In 2004  he was worth 2million pounds now in 2006 he worth 100 000 pounds  :rotfl:.

That's cause they realize Fuller is Full ah s**t

Boo doom ping :devil:

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 10:35:35 AM »
Fuller will be a good signing for Stoke.

I believe they have a problem with pigeons nesting in the roof of the stands, Fuller's shots will soon scare them off :rotfl:

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 12:17:26 PM »

That's because of his bad knees dummy and you know dat u always on our forum. He can't pass medicals so it's a big risk for any team to sign him. He's injury prone.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 12:18:19 PM »

Which Trinidad forward better than Fuller?
Smoke and Fly

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 12:30:06 PM »

:rotfl: good one Lionpaw.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 12:32:16 PM »
bbcsport.uk

Ricardo Fuller is a handful for Championship defences  :devil:

Stoke City boss Tony Pulis is closing in on a deal to sign Southampton striker Ricardo Fuller.
BBC Radio Stoke reports that Fuller was at the Britannia Stadium to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

The Potters will pay around £100,000 for the 26-year-old Jamaica international who joined Saints from Portsmouth for £90,000 in August 2005.

Fuller, who went on loan to Ipswich last season, has also played for Preston, Hearts and Crystal Palace

Alyuh taking dis thing too far. who d hell have J'can players to study?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 12:38:07 PM »
Fuller Isn't Shit, If anyone remembers he has had two bad knee Ligament Injuries

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 12:53:06 PM »

:rotfl: good one Lionpaw.

good point. Fuller is a good player. Might have scored against Paraguay  ;D

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 01:24:30 PM »

Relax nah paw. Is ah joke...ah play on words. 

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 05:28:06 PM »

Respect to Fuller. Youthmen have to make a living so blessings to him to keep his knees healthy so he could have a long career. Didn't realize he is only 26. But Fuller ain't that good anymore. Really skillful soldier, but too weak for the English game and not a good enough finisher over the last few years. He is not even the best Jamaican forward. Big up your players Lionpaw..but doh come here wid dat stupid question. Forget about who better than who.....at Fuller's own club there is a Trini forward that is arguably rated higher than he is. Southampton's 2 starting strikers are Bradley Wright Phillips and Rasiak. Kenwyne Jones (a Trini) is the first striker off the bench and is getting more playing time than Fuller. Jones also got his first start and goal of the season in the Carling Cup last week. There is a reason Fuller is possibly going on loan.....
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 05:48:18 PM by Filho »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 05:40:12 PM »
Whey fire ..So lion he better than stern ?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 05:50:42 PM »

Tell me this ting nah? I eh even go there...right there in his own club side a cyah get a sweat in front of a 22 year old Trini

Compre...I wonder where disgruntled and all the Stern haters go fall on this one  ;D

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 06:00:08 PM »

Which Trinidad forward better than Fuller?,Jerome Nixon,

uhmm..  Stern John,Cornell Glenn,K Jones,Scottland,Sealy,Ricky Shakes,Hector Sam,Colin Samuel,Anthony Wolfe,Errol McFarlane,Gary Glasgow,Jerren Nixon.......just to name ah few ...yuh only farse an outta place...you sounding like at kyat but not ah lion ...ah pussy.... :devil:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 06:21:25 PM »
 :rotfl:

Tell me this ting nah? I eh even go there...right there in his own club side a cyah get a sweat in front of a 22 year old Trini

Compre...I wonder where disgruntled and all the Stern haters go fall on this one  ;D
Boy it be interesting the fullerman or sperm<no offence berris  :)>,but lionfoot buss out ,all ah seeing is lion tracks,basket doh hold water  :rotfl:

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006, 06:35:56 PM »

Respect to Fuller. Youthmen have to make a living so blessings to him to keep his knees healthy so he could have a long career. Didn't realize he is only 26. But Fuller ain't that good anymore. Really skillful soldier, but too weak for the English game and not a good enough finisher over the last few years. He is not even the best Jamaican forward. Big up your players Lionpaw..but doh come here wid dat stupid question. Forget about who better than who.....at Fuller's own club there is a Trini forward that is arguably rated higher than he is. Southampton's 2 starting strikers are Bradley Wright Phillips and Rasiak. Kenwyne Jones (a Trini) is the first striker off the bench and is getting more playing time than Fuller. Jones also got his first start and goal of the season in the Carling Cup last week. There is a reason Fuller is possibly going on loan.....

Get ur fact str8 bredda. U jus come out and talk that without doing ur research. Fuller was leading scorer for Saints last season and the only reason he hasnt been seeing much play time this season is because of injury. If u go on the saints site u will see what the fans think of Jones. Most of them have the opinion that he is Shyt. The goal that he scored was created by Fuller. He took on and beat some defenders and pass it to Jones for an easy finish. The reason why Saints getting rid of him is because of a fallout between him and the manager.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 06:38:47 PM »

uhmm..  Stern John,Cornell Glenn,K Jones,Scottland,Sealy,Ricky Shakes,Hector Sam,Colin Samuel,Anthony Wolfe,Errol McFarlane,Gary Glasgow,Jerren Nixon.......just to name ah few ...yuh only farse an outta place...you sounding like at kyat but not ah lion ...ah pussy.... :devil:

Lol, were they at the WC cause I'm sure I didn't see Trinidad put a ball in the net ( of any. oponent)
Smoke and Fly

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 06:56:27 PM »

Get ur fact str8 bredda. U jus come out and talk that without doing ur research. Fuller was leading scorer for Saints last season and the only reason he hasnt been seeing much play time this season is because of injury. If u go on the saints site u will see what the fans think of Jones. Most of them have the opinion that he is Shyt. The goal that he scored was created by Fuller. He took on and beat some defenders and pass it to Jones for an easy finish. The reason why Saints getting rid of him is because of a fallout between him and the manager.
\\

post dem comments lionpaw show me proof

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 07:40:41 PM »

Lol, were they at the WC cause I'm sure I didn't see Trinidad put a ball in the net ( of any. oponent)

wait... yuh say World Cup ....doh embarr-ass yuh self nah man  ...wey Fuller was for WC , wey Jamaica was ?...how much international goal Fuller score for JA eh ...we have ah player on we team dat score more international and club goals wid he left foot alone dan half de JA team combine including Buller    Fuller...oh and de man right footed eh  :rotfl:...
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 08:48:02 PM »

Man why a lionpaw pussy footing answer the question nah dread ,is Fuller better than Stern John ?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 09:17:22 PM »

U need to calm down. As you can see, I am willing to give Fuller respect. I eh just bustin' my mout to argue for argument's sake. I know the merits of both footballers and have my own idea on who is better..and it ain't Fuller  ;) Even so, I tried to stay away from the stupid and ultimately subjective argument of who is better (read what I typed in bold). I was only trying to make a point about who the coach seems to rate more right now and who seems to be in better form using recent playing time and goals scored (note I used the word arguably as well so as not to get into a petty squabble with you and to show some openness about the subject). Don't accuse me of not sticking to the facts when all you have is that Fuller fell out with the manager? What happened?..I am curious to know. Was he upset that he was relegated to the bench after starting the first game? Anyway, it is sad that both Fuller and Kenwyne are constantly battling injuries. Fuller moreso than Jones is worse for wear. I  am glad to see Fuller and Jones combine for a goal. Caribbean players have to light it up. Anyway, as far as I concerened, Fuller not good enough to be even starting for Jamaica...far less better than all hte forwards in T&T.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 09:19:09 PM by Filho »

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2006, 09:28:07 PM »
ah start to notice a trend when trends just get suspiciously long is because of some trini vs ja thing . ah wha? give jack he jacket fuller's pace and dribbling ability outs him in much more goal scoring situations than jones . but if any1 has sen fuller over the last 2 yrs they would know he is a poor finisher. its a fact. i think he should be playing right wing instead of up front
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2006, 04:55:11 AM »
ah start to notice a trend when trends just get suspiciously long is because of some trini vs ja thing . ah wha? give jack he jacket fuller's pace and dribbling ability outs him in much more goal scoring situations than jones . but if any1 has sen fuller over the last 2 yrs they would know he is a poor finisher. its a fact. i think he should be playing right wing instead of up front

yeah..and the funny thing is, ah sure Kenwyne and Fuller is real pardnahs and I bet you Fuller take de youth under his wing and showing him the ropes. Both are inconsistant finishers. Jones is better in the air and at holding up the ball, stronger and faster. The English tend to like that in forwards and that is why they pushing Kenwyne in that direction. Fuller is a better dribbler, has a better first touch and is all-around a more experienced player. Just as you say that you think Fuller is better on the wing, to give Lionpaw some credit, many Trinis do not see Kenwyne as a forward either (even though I do..heheh).

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2006, 06:19:58 AM »
Ricardo Fuller
Stoke City have completed the signing of Southampton striker Ricardo Fuller for an undisclosed fee.

Click here for all the latest transfer news

The Jamaica international joins The Potters after passing a medical at The Britannia Stadium on Wednesday.

The 26-year-old has signed a three-year contract with the Staffordshire outfit, as manager Tony Pulis was keen to boost his attack.

Stoke's need to add a striker was further enhanced by Wednesday's departure of Icelandic marksman Hannes Sigurdsson to Danish club Brondby.

Fuller brings plenty of experience to The Potters after previous playing spells at Hearts, Preston North End and Portsmouth.

Saints boss George Burley admitted it would have been difficult for Fuller to get regular first-team action at St Mary's this term.

"There were a number of scenarios that came in to play and in the end, we felt that this move was in everybody's best interest," Burley told the club's official website.

"Ricardo was one of the bigger earners at the club, but at the moment, there are probably three strikers ahead of him in the pecking order.

"I spoke to Ricardo about a new contract, but Stoke were prepared to offer him a three-year deal, so that is terrific for him."

1]; } ?>